• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!

Check this out, everyone! New spirit event is coming!
The definition of unexpected. It’s cool though!

Still waiting on my sandwich dragons…

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Here is the English version.

Really cool to see Konami still getting stuff. I know they still suck as a company but their properties are legendary so seeing them probably being on board for next game seems like a win to me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wow, I was thinking all 4 spirit events were just going to play safe on game titles, but then today's news came.

Now I'm very eager to know what the last wave will be.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If it's anything substantial, it'd have to be a new game.

I just can't seem them dropping new major content for Ultimate after they did their whole song and dance with Sora.
Yeah I doubt Ult is getting a huge update but I'm gonna assume they're bringing people back so they can warm up for a new game or an Ult port or something.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If it's anything substantial, it'd have to be a new game.

I just can't seem them dropping new major content for Ultimate after they did their whole song and dance with Sora.
Why not do both? (Both make major content for Ultimate AND make a new game)

P.S.: I am kidding, of course. Just wanted to give you a possible and little scare.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah I doubt Ult is getting a huge update but I'm gonna assume they're bringing people back so they can warm up for a new game or an Ult port or something.
I guess the big question is, what would the point of an Ult port be.

Unless the Switch 2 is going to not have backwards compatibility which would be, a choice for sure.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Unless the Switch 2 is going to not have backwards compatibility which would be, a choice for sure.
money
Enhanced features. Making ports of games already available via backwards compatibility isn't stopping Sony.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Well for one, it would be a "discount" if they were to port Ultimate with all the DLC attached for $60. And then add a couple more characters.

And if you already own Ult, it's there to show of the new upgrade feature or something where you can upgrade the game to Ultimate Deluxe for a small fee or something.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
If Joel and Ellie actually DO make it into Smash I'm gonna laugh so hard.

Anyway...one idea I've been kicking around for my Splatoon 4 stuff is to give Marie a love interest. Buuuuut I don't want Callie to be neglected like she was in Splatoon 2.

Marie IS my favorite Squid Sister, for the record, but I can definitely understand why the lack of Callie's presence in Splatoon 2 prior to the Octo Expansion update was such a bother. But the idea of Callie getting a love interest too just doesn't sit with me, y'know? I feel like she's the type of Inkling that prefers to swim solo. And in general, I wanted my Splatoon 4 ideas to give more focus to the Squid Sisters, even giving them their own playable side mode.

So solution, not only will Callie get to flex her role as Marie's older cousin (at least I THINK she's the older one) and give her advice, but I THINK I'll have the final boss kidnap Marie as part of the stakes, and let Callie be playable for a brief moment in the main story's final boss. Piloting a big old mech suit, she takes on the final boss to rescue her cousin while the new Agent fights through hordes of their minions with the aid of the other idols.

Because it'd be cool. :geno:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Y'know the final Smash 4 Amiibo wave came out a year before Ultimate was announced and the same year of a new console

Well the Sora Amiibo is releasing soon, and the next console is rumored to be due this year.

You know what this means?

Absolutely nothing

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Y'know the final Smash 4 Amiibo wave came out a year before Ultimate was announced and the same year of a new console

Well the Sora Amiibo is releasing soon, and the next console is rumored to be due this year.

You know what this means?

Absolutely nothing
Actually it means we're getting Playstation All Stars 2.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I also noticed something: in every Splatoon game, the final boss ups its stakes.

Huge benefit of Splatoon: every game, the final boss ups its stakes and mass.
Splatoon 1: silly fun dance party to get back a giant power source.
Splatoon 2: dance party to rescue a kidnapped celebrity from brainwashing and reunite two best friends, and regain the power source.
Octo Expansion: a genocidal tyrant wants to destroy a whole city and must be stopped.
Splatoon 3: join together with a ton of fellow cephalopeople and the final boss from the first two games to stop a rocket from smashing into the planet Earth and wiping out the world's WHOLE POPULATION to start anew at the whims of the shady corporate executive who sent you to purge legions of the species of your small companion. Oh, and Captain Cuttlefish nearly dies.

Which influences my own Splatoon 4 idea...so here's my idea for the final boss.

The villain there is a corporate executive of a smothering Octarian megacorporation. She wishes to control the whole of the planet, starting by running the Octarians herself, desiring to kill DJ Octavio then take power of the Octarian army and start a merciless crusade against the whole rest of the world, enslaving every other non-Octarian species (and all slaves that outlive their usefulness meet their grisly end) and having them work in her megacorporation. And when the planet is nothing but Octarian dystopia, she plans to lead a crusade into space and spread an Octarian galactic empire where all that stand in her way will be killed and enslaved...and just to salt the wounds of the Splatoon leading the fight against her, she kidnaps Marie and plans to make the poor girl into her first victim.

Hearing of the villain's rise to insurmountable power and her plans to kill him, DJ Octavio rallies a good amount of his own army to fight her, and a good amount of Inklings and Waterdragons also come in to fight. This leads to a giant battle scene between those working under the villain, and the armies on the side of good. And to make extra sure to squash all opponents, the villain unleashes her secret weapon, a massive mechsuit loaded up with weapons that don't just shoot ink, but genuinely deadly weapons-grade material. As a result, the fight is made of two halves - the new agent character, accompanied by Off the Hook and Deep Cut, entering the villain's mechsuit body to destroy numerous power nodes and fighting endless Octoling workers that protect said power nodes...and, as I mentioned, Callie hopping into a mechsuit of her own and proceeding to fight the villain's mechsuit in a clash of titans for the ages.

Yes, I was listening to this song while typing this, could you tell?:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's been another woman speaking out against chuggaaconroy, this time someone he used to work with a fair amount

Considering the amount of times he made flirty jokes around her and how she seemed to get real annoyed by them, I kinda had a feeling

EDIT: At least 3 other people seem to be backing this up too

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
There's been another woman speaking out against chuggaaconroy, this time someone he used to work with a fair amount

Considering the amount of times he made flirty jokes around her and how she seemed to get real annoyed by them, I kinda had a feeling

Considering Emile used Masae as an artist for previous Pokémon videos plus the fact that they used to be close friends and all this is happening, yeah things aren’t looking too good. Seeing lots of people drop him as a creator, and I don’t blame them.

Also Emily did not accept nor believe the apology from a few days ago.

Edit: And Emily said Emile never apologized in private.

Hero worship is dangerous folks. All I know is a lot of older The Runaway Guys content is now Harsher in Hindsight because of all this.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watched Oppenheimer tonight.

Splendid movie. Definitely earned a spot in my top 5.

Gonna watch Creed III on Thursday.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

To some users here, just remember that this is why you shouldn't go full conspiracy or victim blame when someone comes out with an allegation. Now we have more people reporting on bad behavior and you just look dumb for not waiting for the full story.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
watched the Sandy Cheeks movie…2 things…
  1. I would have no issue if SpongeBob and Sandy were an item…just like how Truth or Square tricked me into believing it with their “marriage”…but at the same time no out of respect for Stephen Hillenburg
  2. Movie overall was mid at best and bland at the worst. Probably should’ve expected that when comparing it to the Dora movie and especially Mutant Mayhem

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Yeah there's no going back at this point.

As a fan, This hurt so, so much. Still, I'm still glad Emily & others can speak about their experience at last.

Today like a big day of work so I'm gonna not try to think about it too much, but god, I seriously hope to not see another conspiracy post trying to find excuses for chugga.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's kinda weird that they announced that Ultimate development is over and then they randomly update the game two years later with new spirit events and stuff.

Kind of... suspicious...
Unless that means layton is being added, idgaf
Also
With 13 Sentinels of being a spirit in Smash Brothers I implore people to play the game because it is a masterpiece

Welp, rip, guess the fat lady has sung

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looking back at it, Joker wasn't that great of a movie.

I liked it but after rewatching it a couple times, I think they could have handled the message a lot better
I'm curious what you mean.

Elaborate please.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™

A Smash Ultimate Deluxe could be marketed like a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe maybe? All past dlc included + new dlc + QOL changes

osby

Smash Obsessed
Top Bottom