• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
An amazing video. It actually makes me a little mad for having respected Tallerico at one point in my life.

About 14 years ago, he reached out to me to help contribute to Video Games Live (providing gameplay footage used while the music plays), and later at the show, I waited in line for a hour to sign a VGL poster I had bought. As a dumb High Schooler, I thought it all was the coolest thing in the world.

Funny thing is, in the video, he barely even scratched the surface on the Amiico Scam Saga. But I guess that deserves it own documentary.
Oh you misunderstand, he just released a 4 hour video talking about plagiarism on youtube, biggest names being Cinemassacre (not James Rolfe himself), Internet Historian and James Somerton, who branded himself as THE gay video essay youtuber despite not writing a single one of his massively popular videos

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh you misunderstand, he just released a 4 hour video talking about plagiarism on youtube, biggest names being Cinemassacre (not James Rolfe himself), Internet Historian and James Somerton, who branded himself as THE gay video essay youtuber despite not writing a single one of his massively popular videos
When he got to that point and name dropped Somerton I literally paused the video and commented "who?" cause I had never heard of this guy before. And yeah, Harris thoroughly deconstructs everything wrong with him and his content but it was so interesting to me to have the main topic of this video being the taking down of some guy who I had never even heard of before.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I've seen 11-hour diatribes on High Guardian Spice floating around...
The only video about High Guardian Spice I needed to see is SarahZ's video about the concept of "Sacrificial Trash", where she makes the point that yes it is a flawed piece of media but the most vocal critics were really only mad about it having diversity.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I hope ya'll will figure me for the self-promotion but I am super proud of how this video came out and would love to hear some more feedback.

Pretty solid roster.
KO's inclusion was the cherry on top for me.
Merry Chrysler everyone
More Padoru join.
Padoru are happy.
I've seen 11-hour diatribes on High Guardian Spice floating around...
I hope that was in the background otherwise I have to call you a madman (or a madwoman if that is your reference.)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just witnessed my first car crash

felt bad for the woman that got hit drastically and felt bad for the guy who hit her and felt an immense amount of guilt

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I know it's just more overpriced avatar cosmetic crap but they could take all of my money if Yor was actually playable

Reactions: Z25

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Upcoming Guilty Queer Strive character got leaked
SPOILER_GAeM-ZfbsAEBeFz.png

Nice to see Elphelt get such a drastic redesign, it looks like she accepted her acearo allegory stuff and is looking for ways to be happy, in this case becoming an idol
This is how Zephyr gets in to Guilty Gear. I think, maybe

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This year’s Game Awards Muppet presenter is…

Gonzo
I'm tempted to skip the Game Awards this year (even with all of the much-hyped announcements, there's usually only one game that I'm actually interested in that gets announced, maybe two at best, over the course of four hours), but glad to know that they're keeping the Muppets involved. They're usually a highlight.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
There are better ways to spend your time than watch The Game Awards. Take a walk, hang out with friends, work on a project, apply for a job. Unless you really want to watch Geoff slobbing on corporations for 3 hours.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
There are better ways to spend your time than watch The Game Awards. Take a walk, hang out with friends, work on a project, apply for a job. Unless you really want to watch Geoff slobbing on corporations for 3 hours.
For me it's sleeping

dezeray112

Smash Hero

I know it's just more overpriced avatar cosmetic crap but they could take all of my money if Yor was actually playable
Very well animated and I believe this promotion is for the upcoming Spy X Family film that is coming out early next month.

Whilst I do understand the criticism that had been going on for Street Fighter 6's latest DLC pricing structure for their outfit 3 costumes which does raise questions, I do hope Capcom can reconsider their strategy for their pricing of future DLC content.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This is how Zephyr gets in to Guilty Gear. I think, maybe
I'll get into it right now if you buy me a PS5. /j

Honestly I've wanted to get into non-platform fighters for a good long while now but none of the ones on Switch currently speak to me.

StormC

Smash Hero
What the **** is a waku waku I see it all the time now
It’s a Japanese onomatopoeia basically just to say “I’m excited” or “I’m getting pumped.” Anya in Spy X Family uses it so that’s probably where most people are using it from, though personally I know it from kid Goku using it in Dragon Ball lol

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Staying up all night feeling dread about the fragility of human life and contemplating how the world would be without me is unironically a better way to spend time than watching TGA

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Deadpool 3 has resumed filming and there is a familiar character making his long awaited return:

For those who remember watching the first X-Men film (2000), Liev Schreiber who played Sabretooth will appear in Deadpool 3.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Staying up all night feeling dread about the fragility of human life and contemplating how the world would be without me is unironically a better way to spend time than watching TGA
Maybe seeing a therapist would be better use of time than TGA. May be costly but at least you don't gotta see Geoff on his knees for Naughty Dog (that'd be my 13th reason)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Deadpool 3 has resumed filming and there is a familiar character making his long awaited return:

For those who remember watching the first X-Men film (2000), Liev Schreiber who played Sabretooth will appear in Deadpool 3.
One of my most stoke films for next year alongside Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, Sonic 3 and Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes. Also looking forward to Kung Fu Panda 4. I have confidence it'll definitely hold up since they've been had plans since the third.

Last edited:
Top Bottom