• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
man I didn’t know this is what Jonathan majors meant when he said he hopes his career doesn’t get cut short because of something he’d do

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This live action Lilo and Stitch casting is... something for sure.

Bet Ryan Gosling plays this dude
View attachment 370945
Lilo and Stitch live action casting
View attachment 370958

What a ****ing disaster
A tragedy in 2 posts.

For real though it sucks so ****ing much that they whitewash Nani alongside outright removing Bubbles. The only way it could be more disrespectful is if they make Myrtle a major character in this movie and make Pleakly and Jumba straight. Chances are they already aren't getting a gay actor for Jumba again

EDIT: I just saw that they made David lightskinned too wtf

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some after seeing the Mario movie, some sequel predictions:

One day, Bowser Jr or the koopalings attack the castle to free bowser. Everyone is caught off guard by their arrival.

Mario fails, and not only is bowser freed, but peach is kidnapped this time.

it is learned that bowser and his kid/kids have retreated to an island off the shores of the kingdom.

With peach gone however, the brothers and toad have no clue on how to proceed. With no ocean or boats in the mushroom kingdom, the bros are helpless. Until toad remembers peach has a friend who is royalty and has her own cruise liner.Unfortunately her kingdom is deep in a desert surrounded by dangerous and spiky creatures.

At this time, a strange creature is spotted causing havoc in the kingdom. They find the yoshi from the end credits has made its way to the mount lands and decided to calm it down. However it doesn’t want to return to its island and tells Mario and Luigi it can help them cross the desert and deal with those pesky creatures. They take it with them and can’t bring DK because he’s dealing with a problem of his own( cue quick cutaway with gang plank galleon fanfare)

They trek through the desert till they reach sarassaland Greeted by their princess Daisy, who need their help first with something( no idea what)

Mario’s arc this movie is him feeling worthless after screwing up. The Lugis mansion movie has taken place already, so Luigi takes more of a lead here, being the brave and courageous one, stepping up to show Mario that bo matter how many times you fail, you have to get back. There is no chosen one, but they have to make their own destiny by doing their best they can. Or something along those lines.

Anyway, they help Daisy, she agrees to come with them and save peach.

During all this, Peach is trapped in an amusement park left with bowser trying to give her the best day ever and show his softer side. With no where to seemingly go, Peach is actually helped by a strikingly familiar figure, except now they are blue….

However Rather than help her truly escape, they try to have fun with her on the island.

Ultimately, the main cast ends up on-isle defino. A place that hates Mario and thinks he’s been a criminal. He needs to prove he’s a hero by being the only one who can get to their shine sprite, the source of power for the island. When bowser attacked, the star was lost to the depths of the island. Leading Mario to come face to face with a certain plant, where he has to work together with Luigi to win.

Finally it’s time to rescue peach, They confront Bowser, see the Blue Mario and a battle ensues. Without the power star, Mario and Luigi can still prevail because they have the heart of a true hero, something not found in most beings across the universe. Peach learns Bowser Jr is blue Mario, feels a little bad and has a sort of happy good bye with him.

Post credit: We check back in on Brooklyn, to learn that two people have been posing as Mario and Luigi, collecting money and valuables and conning people. They get chased by the police when the jig is up and ultimately end up in the sewers where they spot a strange pipe….

Anyway that was long but I had a lot of fun writing it, any thoughts are appreciated.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Some after seeing the Mario movie, some sequel predictions:

One day, Bowser Jr or the koopalings attack the castle to free bowser. Everyone is caught off guard by their arrival.

Mario fails, and not only is bowser freed, but peach is kidnapped this time.

it is learned that bowser and his kid/kids have retreated to an island off the shores of the kingdom.

With peach gone however, the brothers and toad have no clue on how to proceed. With no ocean or boats in the mushroom kingdom, the bros are helpless. Until toad remembers peach has a friend who is royalty and has her own cruise liner.Unfortunately her kingdom is deep in a desert surrounded by dangerous and spiky creatures.

At this time, a strange creature is spotted causing havoc in the kingdom. They find the yoshi from the end credits has made its way to the mount lands and decided to calm it down. However it doesn’t want to return to its island and tells Mario and Luigi it can help them cross the desert and deal with those pesky creatures. They take it with them and can’t bring DK because he’s dealing with a problem of his own( cue quick cutaway with gang plank galleon fanfare)

They trek through the desert till they reach sarassaland Greeted by their princess Daisy, who need their help first with something( no idea what)

Mario’s arc this movie is him feeling worthless after screwing up. The Lugis mansion movie has taken place already, so Luigi takes more of a lead here, being the brave and courageous one, stepping up to show Mario that bo matter how many times you fail, you have to get back. There is no chosen one, but they have to make their own destiny by doing their best they can. Or something along those lines.

Anyway, they help Daisy, she agrees to come with them and save peach.

During all this, Peach is trapped in an amusement park left with bowser trying to give her the best day ever and show his softer side. With no where to seemingly go, Peach is actually helped by a strikingly familiar figure, except now they are blue….

However Rather than help her truly escape, they try to have fun with her on the island.

Ultimately, the main cast ends up on-isle defino. A place that hates Mario and thinks he’s been a criminal. He needs to prove he’s a hero by being the only one who can get to their shine sprite, the source of power for the island. When bowser attacked, the star was lost to the depths of the island. Leading Mario to come face to face with a certain plant, where he has to work together with Luigi to win.

Finally it’s time to rescue peach, They confront Bowser, see the Blue Mario and a battle ensues. Without the power star, Mario and Luigi can still prevail because they have the heart of a true hero, something not found in most beings across the universe. Peach learns Bowser Jr is blue Mario, feels a little bad and has a sort of happy good bye with him.

Post credit: We check back in on Brooklyn, to learn that two people have been posing as Mario and Luigi, collecting money and valuables and conning people. They get chased by the police when the jig is up and ultimately end up in the sewers where they spot a strange pipe….

Anyway that was long but I had a lot of fun writing it, any thoughts are appreciated.
pretty good aside from not really doing much with the Yoshi teaser from the post credits scene. I would die if the thing they help Daisy with in Sarasaland is Wart as well and they kind of merge Sarasaland and Subcon since they both have prominent deserts. Then it could be a nice direct callback to Mario 2 USA in the Mario 2 movie.

Although I’m not sure how I feel about peach being kidnapped in the movies. I kind of want the films to avoid the damsel in distress thing. But your storyline does really work. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Oracle Link

Smash Master
A tragedy in 2 posts.

For real though it sucks so ****ing much that they whitewash Nani alongside outright removing Bubbles. The only way it could be more disrespectful is if they make Myrtle a major character in this movie and make Pleakly and Jumba straight. Chances are they already aren't getting a gay actor for Jumba again
Yeah okay thats Weird? They Make White Characters black and yet they remove/ Change two of their Best Black Characters especially Nani she is a great Character! At this Point Disney Just makes Chages to piss people of!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
so Mario’s family were apparently based on unused designs sent to the team at illumination by Nintendo…. I would kill to see those original unused designs. Nintendo NEEDS to release them!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
pretty good aside from not really doing much with the Yoshi teaser from the post credits scene. I would die if the thing they help Daisy with in Sarasaland is Wart as well and they kind of merge Sarasaland and Subcon since they both have prominent deserts. Then it could be a nice direct callback to Mario 2 USA in the Mario 2 movie.

Although I’m not sure how I feel about peach being kidnapped in the movies. I kind of want the films to avoid the damsel in distress thing. But your storyline does really work. Hmmm.
That is fair, although granted if they take a lot of elements from sunshine, maybe Mario, Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi and Toad could explore various location from the sunshine game, like the amusement park, the sunshine hills, or the ocean level with all the grates. With yoshi maybe being key in helping them survive everything with his flutter and ground pound abilities.

I also think should get an arc, maybe he leaves them to find the shine sprite and we lean into captain toad more as he proves he actually can be super helpful, something the movie didn’t give him much for.

I love the idea of wart. That be a really fun call back. I thought about Tantanga and maybe his existence being further proof of alien life out there, setting up for Galaxy, but at the same time, that be a pretty crazy revelation that I don’t think would fit well here. As I kinda think galaxy shouldn’t be a trilogy ender. It’s a big story and should have more build up. Plus wario and waluigi deserve a film and they don’t fit with galaxy’s plot unless they really reworked it.

I completely agree peach shouldn’t be routinely captured, but pulling from the sunshine plot and elements of peach’s escapes in Paper Mario, you could have a kidnapped story where she is still useful in some way. Maybe her bonding with bowser Jr is enough to stall him for the bros to get the upper hand.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Turok is a character I sometimes think of as a potential Smash fighter but then I remember the game was based on a comic and go "damn". Sometimes I wish the "only a game character" rule wasn't a hard rule but more of a guidline. So we could get characters like Turok and GoldenEye Bond and NES Scrooge McDuck etc but not all the meme answers people bring up as examples of "the floodgates opening"

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
We need to make a celebrity fan-cast for a DKC movie.

Available characters
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dixie Kong (my choice, Kristen Schaal)
  • King K. Rool (I’m not up for Steven Fry voicing him anymore because he’s voiced support for JK Rowling)
  • Various Kremlings (Klump, Krusha, Kritter, Klaptrap, etc.)
  • Kiddy Kong
  • Lanky Kong
  • Tiny Kong
  • Chunky Kong (my choice, Elijah Wood)
  • Candy Kong
  • Wrinkly Kong
  • Swanky Kong
  • Funky Kong
  • Krunch (check the back of DKR’s box. Nintendo owns him)
  • K. Lumsy
Jason Isaacs for K Rool

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
A tragedy in 2 posts.

EDIT: I just saw that they made David lightskinned too wtf
Wait so they casted black actresses for Ariel, the Blue Fairy and Tinkerbell yet they pull this stunt for one of the most racially prominent films in their library? What is going on inside the company?!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait so they casted black actresses for Ariel, the Blue Fairy and Tinkerbell yet they pull this stunt for one of the most racially prominent films in their library? What is going on inside the company?!
"Disney is big enough to disagree with Disney over what Disney should do about Disney" - Alex Hirsch

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Y'all gotta remember that Disney is a company at the end of the day and profits >>>>. While I have expressed appreciation for them casting black actors, it's becoming clear that they really only do that to appeal to the black community so they can cash off them. Aside from Ariel, notice that they're usually side characters too.

Now the Lilo and Stitch cast aren't black (side from Bubbles), but they are darkskinned Hawaiian, and unlike the previous films Wade mentioned, that's very important to the plot. So what happened? My theories:
  1. Disney couldn't find any darkskinned Hawaiians (lol)
  2. Disney isn't trying to be under fire of being too "woke" once again by casting only darkskins so they play it hella safe
  3. They're appealing to Hawaiian's but not the ones you're thinking of. Rather, they also want to capture the annoying white millennial audience that refuse to leave Hawaii, and hear if the cast skmeone too dark they're no longer relatable. Remember, the cut out the tourist scenes in the original cut
  4. They don't see Hawaiians as profitable. They fear casting darker skinned people won't appeal to a large audience or get heavy pushback, so they went with lighterskinned Hawaiians to prevemt that from happening.
  5. They're just colorist as hell
Remember, companies love diversity if it equates to profits. But if that there's no profit in making a diverse cast, them why bother?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In other news, I'm playing Mario Maker again in the first time in forever.

I wanna make a level themed around raiding a dragon's lair for its treasure hoard, but while it's easy to think up the boss (winged Bowser, duh) its harder to think up and interesting stage.

For now I'm going with using red koopas and spikes for a traditonal style level without many gimmicks. I'm using Mario World since I think that has the scariest Bowser, so maybe I'll do something with the ability to carry and throw shells.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hm indie world, Cult of the Lamb Dlc release date? I hope
Aside from Ariel
Speaking of her, i saw a picture of her, my guess is, in the water and her braids looked horrible. No hate to the actress but.... thise braids didnt look too good

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
guess I missed Frozen 3…also I didn’t know he actually sounded like that
Let's just not post Ben Shapiro anything, okay?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is stupid

Also counterargument, Rhodey and Bruce
Both of which were quick and easy recasts to do before the MCU became a massive success. In Rhodey’s case, he’s a smaller character so that caused slightly less drama (also War Machine should’ve gotten a big promotion years ago). With Bruce’s recast it was easier to do since up until now the Incredible Hulk movie was just heavily ignored to death with the Universal ownership in the way. They’re acknowledging it more now, and even made a joke about the Hulk recast, but it’s still overall a “minor bump” sort of thing within the movies side of the MCU. Best example that could be used is Thunderbolt Ross, but that character made less of an impact that the major characters, and unlike Black Panther was easier to recast due to how minor of a character he is in comparison.

Could be wrong here, but VAs for What If and maybe Freshman/Sophomore Year aside, it seems like the MCU are only going to recast smaller characters at this stage of their success (..and the stories + characters that didn’t succeed as much but are popular enough to live on in life…sorry Thor and Ant-Man).
Let's just not post Ben Shapiro anything, okay?
I…can’t speak on him due to not knowing a single thing about the guy himself outside of the AI memes, but now you got me curious about why you say that

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DAMN YOU WEBSITE GLITCH

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He's not a very good person to say the least
Read his views section on Wikipedia…idk whether he’s dumb, serious, or both

and to think a lotta that comes out of such a dorky voice

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Bouncing back and forth between DMC and DKC is a surreal experience.

Honestly I still like the Nephilhim origin of Dante better then him being half human. Even if I can see the appeal in classic Dante as a character. I just think that origin would make the classic series cooler.
The first game in the Mario Galaxy trilogy
Huh?

Top Bottom