• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
While the Mario movie today has come out.

On the other hand...

Only one month until Guardians 3.

I'm still not ready for my boi Rocket to possibly die...T_T

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I woke up knowing I have no shame in where I ranked Diddy Kong last night

and I have even less shame in knowing I will be Fire Embleming

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Lets see if I can dodge Mario Movie spoilers until 7.

I did well with Sonic 2 until the day before where I checked this thread and got spoiled on Shadow

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Wow, I wasn't expecting Shulk from the hit JRPG franchise Xenoblade Chronicles (XC1 DE, XC2, and XC3 are available right now for Nintendo Switch btw) to show up at the end of the Mario movie and team up to kill a parallel universe version of Bowser who became a god after a failed science experiment.

Seems like the whole Mario movie was just a setup for the Xenoblade cinematic universe. Bit of an odd direction to take but that's Nintendo for ya.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Great, now make them only have 11 months to finish the game. That’ll make it a real cult classic.
I'm pretty sure it's been in development for longer than NASB1 has been. Also, reminder that Kart Racers 1 was allowed to be a franchise even with it making NASB look AAA in comparison.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm pretty sure it's been in development for longer than NASB1 has been. Also, reminder that Kart Racers 1 was allowed to be a franchise even with it making NASB look AAA in comparison.
Then it will never be the Melee they dream of creating. :jojo:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They are adding DLC to the Movie while it’s still out in theaters. They couldn’t even wait till it was out on DVD.

Smh
Aren't we already getting updates to movies while they're still in theaters now?

...the only movies that I know did that are Cats and Morbin' Time so I can see why that isn't well known.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean Nick still operates like it's 2004 and think games can be made in like 9 months and it's 100% done. NASB1 was clearly unfinished, and NASB2 is probably just gonna be NASB1 Complete edition: now with Squidward. For $60.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean Nick still operates like it's 2004 and think games can be made in like 9 months and it's 100% done. NASB1 was clearly unfinished, and NASB2 is probably just gonna be NASB1 Complete edition: now with Squidward. For $60.
I think they allowed Kart Racers' sequels to be made in two years. Not only were there two year gaps between sequels, but Bamtang wasn't working on anything else that would take resources away from KR2/3.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey. I don’t mind. If the devs at Ludosity get the chance to keep making more game with more content, I don’t care much how it gets released to us. I had fun with Brawl 1 anyway even with its flaws and I am excited at the thought of a sequel that is able to just be better.
Then it will never be the Melee they dream of creating. :jojo:
Who cares? I just want a really fun fanservacey Nicktoons crossover game.
I think they allowed Kart Racers' sequels to be made in two years. Not only were there two year gaps between sequels, but Bamtang wasn't working on anything else that would take resources away from KR2/3.
And they reuse SO MANY ASSETS. Not saying that as a flaw. I actually commend them for it. Why remake something if you already have a version of it that works. And since the games are kind of all run through GameMill, both Kart and Brawl, both reuse assets from each other feeding into each other’s development economy. Assets made for one can and are used in the other, we’ve seen it happen.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Clone High Reboot Trailer dropped

A little blood and language just in case someone needs a heads up.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just left the Mario movie.

I can agree with some of the criticisms. The pacing is a bit fast, and the characters don’t go through these super deep arcs or anything.

But man, it’s just a fun time. It’s really a feel good movie, and if you’re a Mario fan, you owe it to yourself to check it out. You won’t be disappointed.

Cant wait for the sequel

:yoshi:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Aren't we already getting updates to movies while they're still in theaters now?

...the only movies that I know did that are Cats and Morbin' Time so I can see why that isn't well known.
Incredibles 2 got a patch on later showings that added a seizure warning at the beginning. The patched it for rereleases

Now I don't have epilepsy, but that fight was flat out unwatchable in theaters.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just left the Mario movie.

I can agree with some of the criticisms. The pacing is a bit fast, and the characters don’t go through these super deep arcs or anything.

But man, it’s just a fun time. It’s really a feel good movie, and if you’re a Mario fan, you owe it to yourself to check it out. You won’t be disappointed.

Cant wait for the sequel

:yoshi:
So you are saying its just good dumb fun? Just the way I like my Mario stuff

Top Bottom