• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Reviews are not looking good for the Mario movie. I thought reviews would be higher tbh.
And before anyone says "reviews don't matter", I agree with Mat's opinion here.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Reviews are not looking good for the Mario movie. I thought reviews would be higher tbh.

Oh Sonic fans are gonna get annoying.

But tbh, I still feel like I'll enjoy the movie, unless it's truly ass.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Genuinely read those reviews and tell me:

they don’t even sound real.

Like what do they think this is, Quienton Taerotino’s last movie?

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Man, I'm not entering the theater expecting to see Illumination's The Prince of Egypt. I'm seeing it fully prepared to be bombarded with stuff like pop culture music, Bowser twerking and other things that are on that greentext. Can't be dissapointed if I set my expectations low and if it's actually semi-decent then that's an achivement for Illumination. I signed up for this ride knowing all that and I'm not getting off right before the big drop.

(Also, Road to El Dorado has the same critic-score on the site from what I've heard so it's highly plausible this is just a few snobs exaggerating)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
With the Mario Movie nearly here, I must ask that there be no Spoilers without a proper warning that the post has a spoiler.

This is your heads up

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean what the **** were they expecting? The Godfather or Shawshank Redemption levels of cinema???

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
With the Mario Movie nearly here, I must ask that there be no Spoilers without a proper warning that the post has a spoiler.

This is your heads up
Daisy makes an appearance in the movie and blows up the entire Mushroom Kingdom by saying “Hi I’m Daisy”

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even if that is the Rotten Tomatoes score, I don't care.

Everything I've seen tells me this is the Mario movie I've always wanted.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Daisy makes an appearance in the movie and blows up the entire Mushroom Kingdom by saying “Hi I’m Daisy”
Nah fam.

Instead post-credits has Fox showing up on his Airwing introducing himself to Mario telling him it's a big universe out there before telling him he's here to introduce him to the Smash Bros. tournament.

Twitter breaks.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Reviewers probably wanted more than a "I clapped when I saw Glup ****to" movie which is fair and even the positive reviews are like "It's a great Mario product but kinda mid as a movie"
I mean they were pretty unapologetic that it's a movie for Mario fans first and foremost so it does kinda make sense that if you're NOT one, then you probably won't enjoy it much.

Kinda in the same vein of the Sonic movies, where the critics prefered the parts that were the humans aka when Sonic wasn't doing Sonic stuff, the complete inverse of what the fans liked.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, it seems like those reviewers don't seem to know what to expect or how to review nowadays. I mean, I am not defending the Mario movie, but just what were they expecting, really?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How would you react if the post credit scene focused on a library and we see this book fall off the shelf:
274A6ACD-94E8-48EC-B9BB-0A7F1B80A033.jpeg

Shroob

Sup?
It took me 12 boxes of Eggs but I finally got my hands on a 6IV Paldean-Illegal import Basculin.

Now to just
Get a shiny one
Preferably Male.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here's the Rotten Tomatoes page for the 1986 anime Mario movie for comparison:

1680644119563.png

The sole critic from the Tomatometer gave it a 3 out of 5, FYI.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Would you look at that, the Mario Movie's score is slowly rising to fresh levels.

Almost like Nintendo fans flipped their **** for nothing
The only movie reviewers I trust for the mario movie are Critical and his Moist Meter, which he hasnt reviewed yet and Jeremy Jahns put it on his "fun time, no alcohol required" rating so I think we are good

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The only movie reviewers I trust for the mario movie are Critical and his Moist Meter, which he hasnt reviewed yet and Jeremy Jahns put it on his "fun time, no alcohol required" rating so I think we are good
From my understanding, critics are saying that it's fun but not much substance.

So... yeah it's like a Mario game.

Top Bottom