• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So uh, regarding my 3DS, I decided to test out a game. So I started a Pokemon Platinum playthrough. I picked Dawn this time because I picked Lucas in BDSP, and I'm gonna pick a different starter because I went Piplup i BDSP as well.

Who should I go for? What should I name them?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So uh, regarding my 3DS, I decided to test out a game. So I started a Pokemon Platinum playthrough. I picked Dawn this time because I picked Lucas in BDSP, and I'm gonna pick a different starter because I went Piplup i BDSP as well.

Turtwig and name it Spike.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Is it male? Gojo

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Chimchar, name it Yamcha

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still wanna know what the **** happened to BOTW Link’s arm to be the way it is in TOTK

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I finally got around to watching the Zelda demonstration. The fuse and ultrahand gimmicks are really cool.

Unfortunately, after my unhappy experience with Breath of the Wild, I can't commit myself to get this game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was surprised at just how many games series that debuted on the the 3DS/Wii U and had multiple entries that are now all currently unavaliable. I'd bet on stuff like Pushmo, Dillon, and Boxboy to eventually get collections as they should be easy enough to package together, but a lot of other first party titles like Sakura Samurai, Kersploosh, Tokyo Crash Mobs, DSiWare titles, and the many Kirby/Pokemon spin-offs will be ignored like WiiWare.

I really hope that, aside from backwards capability, the Switch successor has a good touch screen like the Wii U did so we can see ports of a lot of these titles. Also having themes to customize the menu.

Do we know if free DLC is still available for despite the shutdown? I know games like Monster Hunter and Culdcept had a lot of free stuff, and I was surprised at just how many free themes there were to download in the Theme Shop that you really had to search for (mostly from SEGA/Atlus). Patches at least can still be downloaded from the store.

The Badge Arcade still technically works, but you only get Practice Pull bonuses now, no free plays, and it no longer rotates badges. Everything in the Theme Shop has been removed except for two generic free themes you can still download.

Thankfully Poke Bank still works and the issues with Poke Transporter have been reportedly fixed.
Those first three franchises you mentioned are quite popular ones on their own, so I really wouldn't be surprised if they eventually got packaged ports, or at least ports at all. I'm not as confident about most of the others, either, but there's a chance at least a few of them will get ported as well.

I'm not sure. I believe I got all of Fire Emblem: Awakening's free DLC before the eShop shutdown, so I'm not sure if that or any other free DLC that isn't downloaded directly through the eShop is still available or not. Hopefully those are exceptions to the closure.

I thought several themes became free following the shutdown? Either way, at least it's something.

I really wonder what the Switch's port is going to be like. A good blend of the Switch itself and the Wii U's gamepad might be the way to go, like you said.

I finally got around to watching the Zelda demonstration. The fuse and ultrahand gimmicks are really cool.

Unfortunately, after my unhappy experience with Breath of the Wild, I can't commit myself to get this game.
Out of curiosity, what did you not enjoy about BotW?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, Pixar's Elementals looks... boring.

Like I know no story is truly original, it's just how you spice it up, but I've seen like 10 movies that are basically the exact same plot and this one doesn't seem to do anything unique aside it being set in Fireboy and Watergirl's world

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Out of curiosity, what did you not enjoy about BotW?
I only played 10 hours into the game before I gave up in frustration. No idea where I needed to go or how to get there, what were my objectives weren't clears, acquiring useful items was too hard, repeatedly getting my butt kicked by enemies and the environment are the main gists.

I had WAY more fun with Immortals: Fenyx Rising in comparison.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And thus we just had another mass shooting take place in America. This time it was a woman and the victim was children.

Swear to god, every day this world is getting more stupid...

Condolences to the victims and their parents.

Shroob

Sup?
So it goes without saying, I hit the Big Hero 6 world in KH3, and suddenly memories were coming back. The amazing team dynamic, the great humor, the action, Go Go ruining my life, it's all there. It's been a while, maybe I should watch it again
1680045744043.png

So, it's come to this.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All these ass Marvel movies coming out, but somehow they can't make a Big Hero 6 sequel. I'm sick
the tv series was the sequel…otherwise KH3 and their og yet inferior comic counterparts (who haven’t been seen in forever) are the best you’ll get

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what would be the dream? Making my little action-platformer about a certoony chinchilla that's inspired by many things, but among them Nicktoons Unite, and then it being successful enough that I'm allowed to develop Nicktoons Re-Unite based on the pitch I've developed for it. That would be Livin' Like Larry right there.

Provided the current ongoing trans genocide in the united states doesn't get me first.

Top Bottom