• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know, I'm only 3 chapters in and I already feel like OP may be special.

I may owe it an apology
Not me, ill forever be a OP hater
I wake up EXTRA early to hate OP
Granted thats the anime, idk bout the manga

The openings are good on the anime tho

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Apparently after the Fortnite downtime ends there is scheduled maintenance… for 5 more hours.

Korra getting in really did break the servers.

Edit: I’m actually hyped for Korra getting in, I’m just meme’ing

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I want to get Arzette: Jewel of Faramore but that'll probably be later. Plus I am waiting for the CD-i controller that I ordered to arrive.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
HELL YEAH BROTHER LET'S GO

If you think Luffy might be peak fiction this early on, you're going to love One Piece.
Tbh, I always had interest in One Piece for a while, it was just a daunting task that I was hesitant, especially anime wise. Maybe a One Piece Kai that cuts dowm on the filler would be cool.

But yeah, Luffy, Zoro, and Nami's adventures are fun to read through. Atm, they just beat Buggy the Clown through the treasure in their hearts and power of friendship and I'm just a sucker for that trope.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Tbh, I always had interest in One Piece for a while, it was just a daunting task that I was hesitant, especially anime wise. Maybe a One Piece Kai that cuts dowm on the filler would be cool.
A One Piece remake is actually in development. There's reasons to be concerned since the studio making it has dabbled in AI, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

For now, I think the manga is the best choice to experience that story. It's long, but you can read at your own pace (unlike the deliberately slow anime) and appreciate the amazing art

But yeah, Luffy, Zoro, and Nami's adventures are fun to read through. Atm, they just beat Buggy the Clown through the treasure in their hearts and power of friendship and I'm just a sucker for that trope.
The power of friendship trope is so vital to One Piece's identity and is done so well that it actually changed my life

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
One Piece is one of those series that looks really daunting but once you get into the swing of it and invested you can't stop flipping pages

It gets really good really fast(relative to the chapter count anyway) and stays pretty consistent for like 600 chapters

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
One Piece is one of those series that looks really daunting but once you get into the swing of it and invested you can't stop flipping pages

It gets really good really fast(relative to the chapter count anyway) and stays pretty consistent for like 600 chapters
Me before One Piece: It's so long, how can I finish this?

Me after catching up and becoming a weekly reader: there's not enough chapters

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
The power of friendship trope is so vital to One Piece's identity and is done so well that it actually changed my life
this is a bit corny but I think One Piece is a big part of my philosophy and how I feel about the world

I think if I had played Persona 4 as a kid I woulda broken out of my shell a lot earlier, for similar reasons(just strikes a specific cord no other media really has, specially with the overt themes about forming bonds and trying to stick to a sense of morality)
(This goes INSANELY hard btw)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
this is a bit corny but I think One Piece is a big part of my philosophy and how I feel about the world

I think if I had played Persona 4 as a kid I woulda broken out of my shell a lot earlier, for similar reasons(just strikes a specific cord no other media really has, specially with the overt themes about forming bonds and trying to stick to a sense of morality)
One Piece definitely affected how I see the world. Like, I never really looked at a character and said "I wish I was them" but seeing Luffy punching the **** out of evil ****s who really deserve a beating simply because they hurt his friends is so empowering and I strive to live like him

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

AWW YEAH, BANGER ALERT

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s hilarious how fortnite added Kora and now the games been unplayable the entire day.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also 100% when they add SpongeBob, Fortnite going out of commission for at least 24 hours

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh yeah, Kung Fu Panda 4.

It’s…fine. Theres nothing really bad about it but it just feels like they’re going through the motions. It honestly feels like a very long episode of a TV show. It’s incredibly predictable and it doesn’t have the same weight and magnitude if the first films, even the third one.

Censored in Boots: The Last Wish felt like they returned to that franchise because they had a really good story to tell. This feels like the studio ordered another Kung Fu Panda so they just whipped something up real quick. Nothing awful, but I expect better from this series.

At least The Wild Robot looks incredible.

Also if you’re a Furious Five fan…RIP

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I read they fixed the NSO bug with the Mother 3 icons, so I went ahead and grabbed them.

I can confirm they fixed the bug, and not only that, but you’ll still be able to create more Mother 3 icons after switching back to your own country! If you want them, make sure you get them before Wednesday night! (I think that’s when they change the available icons) You’ll also need to change your Nintendo account’s region through an internet browser, I’m not sure you can on the Switch itself.

I also grabbed the Famicom/Super Famicom and Japanese GameBoy apps while I was at it. (I don’t have the Expansion Pass, so I didn’t get the GBA and N64)

also got Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe for basically free thanks to a gift card and a bit of gold points, gonna play it sometime. I played the original and really liked it + of course I love Kirby in general, so I’m sure it’ll be fun. I had already used the gift card and had to get rid of the funds in order to switch my region to Japan, so I went ahead and bought the game xD

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Looks like the creator of Dragon Ball has sadly passed away.
What a week. Losing Akira Toriyama is another reason why 2024 is just a continuation of 2023.
Not a big fan of Dragonball myself, but Chrono Trigger is my favorite RPG of all time so he will always have a place in my heart.

Top Bottom