• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So idk if y'all heard but Nintendo did file a lawsuit against the Yuzu emulator.

Now legally speaking, Yuzu is allowed, it's more so on how it does require you to mod your Switch to bypass encryption keys which is a big no-no. That's not on Yuzu, but rather moreso on the discord server for telling people how do to so.

Anyways who knows if it even gets to court, Atlus tried that with a PS3 emulator and it was dismissed and nothing happened.
From what I understand, it's basically a SLAPP lawsuit, Nintendo wants Yuzu to concede and shut it down as they cannot afford lawyers for every time Nintendo would make an appeal. Here's hoping they don't get a corporate shill judge on it

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
From what I understand, it's basically a SLAPP lawsuit, Nintendo wants Yuzu to concede and shut it down as they cannot afford lawyers for every time Nintendo would make an appeal. Here's hoping they don't get a corporate shill judge on it
Tbh it's better if they just took it down instead of taking it to court.

Now what's really an issue is Dolphin, because that emulator straight up had the decryption keys in the code which is highly illegal. But since Nintendo doesn't sell Wiis or GameCubes anymore they give less of a **** than Yuzu.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yoooo

I need this to be good, this is more important to me than TLA cause that had signs things could go wrong whereas this just seems fun

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Yoooo

I need this to be good, this is more important to me than TLA cause that had signs things could go wrong whereas this just seems fun
Will have to check It out too as well!

Right now Movistar+ has Shin Ultraman available to stream in Spain, maybe I should check It out while I wait for this new show.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I do wonder if they were gonna show us more about legends ZA but then behind the scenes complications (the delay of the switch 2) lead to them needing to lengthen the hype period.

Also, prediction. I think the game is going to give us some details about how Arceus relates to the Kalos legendary trio. Because Z-A.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wonder if, now that Megas are back, they’ll retcon the Gen 7 dex entries.

Y’know, the ones that make it clear that Mega Evolution is a terribly painful process that destroys the bodies and minds of your Pokemon and you’re a sick freak if you use it.

Those dex entries :nifty:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Y’know, the ones that make it clear that Mega Evolution is a terribly painful process that destroys the bodies and minds of your Pokemon and you’re a sick freak if you use it.

Considering the new ones in OrAs don’t have those kinds of implications in their entries… probably yeah.

But honestly it will probably be like how they were handled in let’s go and how gmax Pokémon were handled in Gen 8 where they just don’t have Dex entries.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Part of me is a bit worried that because megas are back, we won't get any new Pokémon or regional forms aside from them.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Kukui and Sycamore's grandfathers will argue over the effects of Mega Evolution on a Pokemon's body.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Part of me is a bit worried that because megas are back, we won't get any new Pokémon or regional forms aside from them.
Anything’s possible, of course. But here’s my thought process.

They need a new little scrunkly. Look at how much they advertised H-Zorua back when PLA was new? They always need at least one cutesy widdle new Pokémon to sell new toys.

So that tells me there will be new regional variants, because one of them has to be a smol bean to make marketable plushies out of.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Considering the new ones in OrAs don’t have those kinds of implications in their entries… probably yeah.

But honestly it will probably be like how they were handled in let’s go and how gmax Pokémon were handled in Gen 8 where they just don’t have Dex entries.
Nah dude, Mega Glalie was introduced in ORAS and they make a point to mention how Mega Evolution breaks its jaw and it can’t eat anymore.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Anything’s possible, of course. But here’s my thought process.

They need a new little scrunkly. Look at how much they advertised H-Zorua back when PLA was new? They always need at least one cutesy widdle new Pokémon to sell new toys.

So that tells me there will be new regional variants, because one of them has to be a smol bean to make marketable plushies out of.
I hope you're right. Still, ORAS didn't have any new mons and instead just had new megas, so I have my doubts

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I mean, gigantimax forms and paradox pokemon didn't stop regional forms and additional evolutions from existing in their respective gens. Megas will def be the focus, but there will most likely be other forms apart from them too.

Plus, I hope they continue the trend of alternate final evolutions for Legends starters.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean, gigantimax forms and paradox pokemon didn't stop regional forms and additional evolutions from existing in their respective gens. Megas will def be the focus, but there will most likely be other forms apart from them too.

Plus, I hope they continue the trend of alternate final evolutions for Legends starters.
But ORAS did.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get new Pokémon, it's just a mild concern of mine

Noipoi

Howdy!
But ORAS did.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get new Pokémon, it's just a mild concern of mine
Eeehh ORAS was before Sun/Moon introduced regional variants though, and since Gen 7 there seems to be a bigger push to have each game introduce new forms of older Pokemon. Or new Pokemon outright.

So while it is a valid concern, they handle things a bit differently than they did in 2014.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm so glad Kalos is finally getting some love, it was the only main series region that didn't get any "expansion game/DLC" in its initial generation.

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh - Got both 3rd versions and remakes.
Unova - Got numbered sequels
Kalos - Nothing
Aloha - Got expansion games
Galar, Paldea - Got expansion DLC

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

They make them more brutal actually.

“When Flygon mega evolves, every vertebrae in its body snaps in half, granting it great speed. The immense physical torture it endures makes it lose all will to live. Flygon forced to mega evolve resent their trainers and wait the day for the battle that finally ends it”

But hey it gets +30 in every stat kids!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Trainer customization in SV was kinda ass. I appreciate that they gave us an androgynous player character but the clothing options were pretty awful.

So, since we're going back to the region where trainer customization was first introduced, I hope the clothing options are at least up to par with how it was in XY

Shroob

Sup?
Trainer customization in SV was kinda ass. I appreciate that they gave us an androgynous player character but the clothing options were pretty awful.

So, since we're going back to the region where trainer customization was first introduced, I hope the clothing options are at least up to par with how it was in XY
The customization menu also was, soo, soo laggy and unintuitive.

For ****s and giggles, I bought every single piece of clothing in the game, and upon trying to open the menu for the first time, it took two whole minutes. I thought the game had crashed.
Honestly, I wanted Sasha for a while..... then my wanr for him went away when I said "you know, Deli is cute enough for me"
I was always going to pick Raymond for the memes, so my fate was sealed lol. I don't even like him, but New Horizons is Raymond, and Raymond is New Horizons.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
was always going to pick Raymond for the memes, so my fate was sealed lol. I don't even like him, but New Horizons is Raymond, and Raymond is New Horizons.
Raymond is another one I wanted till I feel out of love with him. Tho I made a nice house for him in Happy Home Paradise

Last edited:
Top Bottom