• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've been playing a **** ton of Penny's Big Breakaway and this game actually has hands, it feels very rewarding to rack up big combos and I'm struggling to find the Star Coin thingies and sidequesys cause they're very well hidden. It's more like Mario 3D World than Sonic mind you but when you get a feel for the twin stick controls, you start to get a grip on how you can propel yourself forward at max speed with ease

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So a question to all Pokemon fans: you know how majority of fans associate Pikachu with the Game Boy era, Lucario with the DS era, and Greninja for the 3D era?

What Pokemon do y'all consider the "mascot" for the HD era?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So a question to all Pokemon fans: you know how majoruty of fans associate Pikachu with the Game Boy era, Lucario with the DS era, and Greninja for the 3D era?

Closest I can think of is Wooloo. As someone who didn't buy Swoshi, that thing was absolutely everywhere

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So a question to all Pokemon fans: you know how majority of fans associate Pikachu with the Game Boy era, Lucario with the DS era, and Greninja for the 3D era?

Pikachu. It will always be pikachu

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Either Cinderace, Toxtricity or like Gwen said above, Wooloo.

Sprigatito seems to be shaping up to be a potential new mascot as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With the Pokémon masters data mine, it paints an interesting picture for tomorrow.

For one it killed like 7 rumors which is really nothing in the long run lol.

More importantly, I find it no coincidence that the focus of this update is johto, Paldea, and Legends.

it’s going to be something that gets spotlighted in the presents, and usually ties into current promotions.

So I’m thinking this confirms legends johto and a Unova game. If we take it account Unova is probably outsourced, it would not be that unlikely for both.

Maybe it means nothing but the timing is definitely eyebrow raising.

Noipoi

Howdy!

That’s a tricky one. Maybe Cinderace? It didn’t exactly catch on as much as Lucario and Greninja did though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I don’t think we have one yet. We might get one in Gen 10. It depends if that game ends up being different enough to consider it a part of a new era or not.

Heck, if you want, you could count Galar as part of the “3D era” since it was still mostly linear despite the wild areas. That would create a clearer divide between the early 3D and current 3D era, when pokemon went fully open world. And it would also mean the current “era” only has one game in it (unless you count Legends Arceus).

The fact that the GBA only had one pokemon game really messed things up. Its the only system looking back to have just one (unless you’re pedantic and don’t just combine the gb and gbc libraries).

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Heck, if you want, you could count Galar as part of the “3D era” since it was still mostly linear despite the wild areas. That would create a clearer divide between the early 3D and current 3D era, when pokemon went fully open world. And it would also mean the current “era” only has one game in it (unless you count Legends Arceus).
I do not, Galar was the start of the HD era (not counting Lets Go)
The fact that the GBA only had one pokemon game really messed things up. Its the only system looking back to have just one (unless you’re pedantic and don’t just combine the gb and gbc libraries).
I cknaider the first 3 gens as part of the Game Boy era. Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman

Idk, ngl.

Pikachu had the anime heavily pushing him.

Lucario had the Pokémon movies, Mystery Dungeon, Shadows Of Almia, Smash Bros and more on his side.

Greninja was voted the best Pokémon in a huge official poll, and Smash Bros also helped.

I can't think of any Pokémon from the Switch titles who was able to reach those kinds of status. While It is true that Lechonk and Woloo were popular online... Idk, they didn't get as much push officially as Lucario or Greninja did.

The closest I could imagine is maybe Zarude? Toxitricity? Or Ceruedge/Armouredge?

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Hisuian Zorua maybe? Idk it's a very tough question. I don't think there's been a Pokémon on that level of iconicness since the 3DS era

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

So I'll answer this myself:

Atm, Dragapult. But tbh, I don't think such a Pokemon exists yet.

Shroob

Sup?
God

Debating who gets to stay and who gets to leave for my Island is..... weirdly hard.

I wanna have my favorite villagers, but kicking out the old ones feels soo damn cruel lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know, I thought the idea of making my own Pokemon Inspired Game would have attracted more.... "responses"...

Guess saying it in the third person gave people something else to meme about/make fun of.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You know, I thought the idea of making my own Pokemon Inspired Game would have attracted more.... "responses"...

Guess saying it in the third person gave people something else to meme about/make fun of.
Seeing as how you don't seem to have a lot of experience with Pokémon games and given your takes, I'd be concerned. But then again, you throw out a lot of game pitches that go nowhere so I don't know how seriously I should take it.

I don't mean to be rude, those are just my unfiltered thoughts

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of people making Earthbound-like and Pokémon-like games, having played Mother 1 and 2 has made me value Undertale even more than I already did.

I can see how the themes and gameplay of Earthbound practically inspired It, both humour and story-wise. During my Earthbound and Mother 1 playthroughs I saw a lot of elements which made me think "Oh, so this is what inspired this one element from Undertale".

Really neat stuff. And I think the reason that Undertale succeeded over other "Quirky Silly Earthbound-like RPGs" such as YIIK is because Undertale feels more as a tribute which stands as its own whole thing, while YIIK and the like just make you think "this feels like It wants to be the next Earthbound".

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Down to just needing a single freaking statue for the art exhibit.

Redd can suck a fat one. 20% chance of having a missing piece my ass.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Seeing as how you don't seem to have a lot of experience with Pokémon games and given your takes, I'd be concerned. But then again, you throw out a lot of game pitches that go nowhere so I don't know how seriously I should take it.

I don't mean to be rude, those are just my unfiltered thoughts
It probably won’t become anywhere near playable for over a decade. This shouldn’t be my first game. Right now I’m just committing myself to eventually doing it after I get some more experience.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ok so I checked out Solo Leveling and holy **** this cooks

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
All those are obviously fake, my sources say that the final Spirit Event for Super smash Bros. Ultimate will be revealed at the Pokémon Presents. :troll:
IT WILL BE ALL FIRE EMBLEM!!! Because that's what Smash fans really like.
  • Alear (Male and Female)
  • Shez (Male and Female)
  • Veronica
  • Fjörm
Source(s): Engine

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

Not a new gen pokemon but honestly Eevee is the HD era mascot in my eyes. It has been pushed hard as a secondary mascot for the franchise along with Pikachu since the Switch era began and it has been getting a massive merchandise push. Imo, no other new Pokemon have even come close to it in terms of marketing.

Top Bottom