• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
You know, people talk a lot about character cuts and why they would do them... But I genuiely can't get myself to cut any character besides ZSS so I'm just gonna list all the reasons why I wouldn't cut popular character cut picks:
:ultbayonetta:One of the few hack n' Slash characters in Smash, also brings some more mature characters into the roster
:ultbyleth:Literally from the best selling Fire Emblem
:ultfalcon:At this point I feel he is part of the soul of Smash Bros
:ultcloud::ultsephiroth:FFVII is literally one of the highest praised RPGs ever
:ultcorrin: has a cool moveset
:ultdoc:Literally the only playable puzzle game character in Smash
:ultduckhunt:from the Game which came packaged with Super Mario Bros. Also has a cool moveset
:ulthero2:Dragon Quest revolutionized RPGs, and the four heroes we got are each from the highest praised titles
:ulticeclimbers:One of the most interesting Smash Bros characters because you fight alongside a NPC all the time.
:ultincineroar:I stand by the thought we need a Pokémon from each gen
:ultjoker:Persona 5 was one of the best PS4 games for many
:ultkazuya:Tekken is one of the biggest 3D fighters
:ultkrool:Literally the DKC main villain
:ultlittlemac:Punch-Out was part of the soul of the NES, also has memorable characters
:ultlucas::ultness:This one is more biased, but I love the Mother games. Would suck to see them gone. Also Ness is arguably part of the soul of Smash such as Cpt.Falcon
:ultpiranha:He was a funny out of left field inclusión
:ultpokemontrainer:You literally play as them in the Pokémon mainline games
:ultpyra::ultmythra:XC2 was one of the most popular first party titles at launch for the Switch
:ultridley:Literally the Metroid main villain
:ultrob:they pushed the NES in the USA
:ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom:They come from the game which boosted Fire Emblem in the West
:ultrosalina:One of the best Mario characters imo. Also Galaxy rep
:ultroy:He's our boy. Also one of my mains and favourite Fire Emblem characters
:ultdarksamus:The main villain from the Metroid Prime trilogy
:ultsheik::ultyounglink:Having OoT representation is cool
:ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake:They may be from Konami, but these three are legendary PS1 and NES characters
:ultsora:Literally the winner of the Smash ballot. Also KH is one of Square's most celebrated titles.
:ultsteve:Minecraft. Enough said
:ult_terry:The franchise which stood against the mighty Street Fighter
:ulttoonlink:Wind Waker was awesome ya'll. Also love his unique animations.
:ultwiifittrainer:They represent the Wii era quite well

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You know, people talk a lot about character cuts and why they would do them... But I genuiely can't get myself to cut any character besides ZSS so I'm just gonna list all the reasons why I wouldn't cut popular character cut picks:
:ultbayonetta:One of the few hack n' Slash characters in Smash, also brings some more mature characters into the roster
:ultduckhunt:from the Game which came packaged with Super Mario Bros. Also has a cool moveset
:ulthero2:Dragon Quest revolutionized RPGs, and the four heroes we got are each from the highest praised titles
:ulticeclimbers:One of the most interesting Smash Bros characters because you fight alongside a NPC all the time.
:ultlittlemac:Punch-Out was part of the soul of the NES, also has memorable characters
:ultlucas::ultness:This one is more biased, but I love the Mother games. Would suck to see them gone. Also Ness is arguably part of the soul of Smash such as Cpt.Falcon
:ultpyra::ultmythra:XC2 was one of the most popular first party titles at launch for the Switch
:ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom:They come from the game which boosted Fire Emblem in the West
:ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake:They may be from Konami, but these three are legendary PS1 and NES characters
:ultsora:Literally the winner of the Smash ballot. Also KH is one of Square's most celebrated titles.
Honestly I don't want any cuts but I'm bracing myself for the fact that there probably will be. I just hope they keep Greninja in

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I cut the Smash Ultimate roster in half

Would anyone be interested in seeing it?
Only if it means we get to see the other half in a different version of the same Smash Bros. game. :troll:

Yeah, I am kidding, but seriously, go ahead.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think the problem with cuts is more objective to me. Obviously, a fair amount of people will be upset at their favourites cut and every character is someone's favourite. Plus, a lot of people ignore everything beyond their own personal distaste for the characters which reeks of ignorance. Like, big whoop, someone wants Incineroar gone because they don't like it, but they never care about how Smash lost it's only wrestler, the dedicated grappler and think idk, Toad would be a perfect replacement
I cut the Smash Ultimate roster in half

Would anyone be interested in seeing it?
It better not actually be cake I swear to god

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Only if it means we get to see the other half in a different version of the same Smash Bros. game. :troll:

Yeah, I am kidding, but seriously, go ahead.
I'm not that good at baking

But anyway
1708878138552.png

This was very hard, some of my favorite characters ended up getting axed

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I don't want any cuts but I'm bracing myself for the fact that there probably will be. I just hope they keep Greninja in
Cuts are gonna happen regardless, 80+ characters with like third of them needing licensing agreements and a lot of legal work is gonna be a mess to do all at once.

I would imagine some come back as DLC
I think the problem with cuts is more objective to me. Obviously, a fair amount of people will be upset at their favourites cut and every character is someone's favourite. Plus, a lot of people ignore everything beyond their own personal distaste for the characters which reeks of ignorance. Like, big whoop, someone wants Incineroar gone because they don't like it, but they never care about how Smash lost it's only wrestler, the dedicated grappler and think idk, Toad would be a perfect replacement

I get all of that, believe me. Unless the next Smash is an Ultimate port I feel cuts are to be expected, even if they may bother some people.

... I just wanted to change the whole debate a bit and just talk about what I like out of the characters people constantly suggest to cut :( Didn't expect the post to be received that way.

I'm not that good at baking

But anyway
View attachment 385402
This was very hard, some of my favorite characters ended up getting axed
Yeah, I understand why you would cut certain characters such as Dr.Mario or Lucas.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
I really wish I could keep Lucas, he's one of my many secondaries but I can't justify having him in a cut down roster
I've been playing a lot of Smash matches and modes as Lucas recently. He's starting to become one of my mains because I find him really enjoyable to play as and some of his moves are very satisfying.

And yeah, as of right now I feel he is the most likely Mother rep to get cut.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
I understand it's a challenge and all but I really don't think the cuts will be so extreme that half of the roster ends up being axed for the next game.
Honestly, I kinda agree.

I feel that most of base game Smash 4's roster will stay besides maybe a few semiclones. Idk, most of them give me these "Likely to return" vibes, even if some turn out to be DLC.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I understand it's a challenge and all but I really don't think the cuts will be so extreme that half of the roster ends up being axed for the next game.
I agree. I can't say there will be a tiny amount of cuts, but nonetheless, I can't see even close to half the roster being cut next game.

Still, Jondolio Jondolio 's cut roster was very good in my eyes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I get all of that, believe me. Unless the next Smash is an Ultimate port I feel cuts are to be expected, even if they may bother some people.

... I just wanted to change the whole debate a bit and just talk about what I like out of the characters people constantly suggest to cut :( Didn't expect the post to be received that way.

Yeah, I understand why you would cut certain characters such as Dr.Mario or Lucas.
No need to worry, your intentions were clear lol.

Also wow I just watched a bunch of movies today, Nimona, Mean Girls and Kiki's Delivery Service

Jondolio

Smash Hero
At least you kept King K. Rool. That is a plus to me.

That aside, I Have seen two people want this now. Why do some people want Terry cut of all people?
I didn't really want to cut anyone (although there are some characters that I can't say I care for too much, and some I actively dislike), but most of the cuts were victims of the rules of this challenge being "you have to cut the roster in half". Terry was one of those victims and I'm not really happy to cut him

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I didn't really want to cut anyone (although there are some characters that I can't say I care for too much, and some I actively dislike), but most of the cuts were victims of the rules of this challenge being "you have to cut the roster in half". Terry was one of those victims and I'm not really happy to cut him
Okay, that makes sense.

I saw you cut Wolf. I main him, so I was disappointed. I am not complaining, though, for at least Falco went down with him.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I dunno if half the roster will be gone but I do think a large chunk of it will. 89 characters is no joke and I would be surprised if we even got close to that many characters in the next game

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I made a Nick Brawl moveset for Data from Star Trek and I posted it on the Nick Brawl forum and nobody is looking at it. Somebody please look at it. Does nobody like Star Trek here?
I'm a huge fan of Star Trek, specifically The Next Generation. And since Paramount owns both Nickelodeon AND Star Trek, I made a Nick Brawl 2 moveset for Lieutenant Commander Data, my favorite Star Trek character. The Android who wants to be human.
Generally I wanted to keep a few things in mind when building this kit. Melee fighting in Star Trek tends ti just be single strikes that instantly knock people out, and Data is canonically super strong (able to bend steel bars, throw steel drums filled with unknown spaceship substances, lift large pieces of rubble, he even lifted an anvil with one hand when he was trapped in the 19th century) so most of his melee attacks should be strong and powerful single strikes. Only using weapons for his grounded strong attacks and his specials. Because he's also a super-intelligent Android and a Science Officer. So he should have a few tricks up his sleeve that reward intelligent play and that have more unorthodox hit-boxes. I think I did a good job with it.
Light Attacks
  • Neutral Grounded: A typical jab-cross-hook-cross boxing combo amplified by data’s strength.
  • Side Grounded: a karate chop attack which frequently knocks foes out cold on Star Trek.
  • Up Grounded: A palm strike attack that has been repeatedly used by characters from Star Trek
  • Down Grounded: A sweep kick
  • Neutral Aerial: Data temporarily surrounds himself with a force field, repelling attackers who get near him for that instant.
  • Forward Aerial: A spinning forward kick.
  • Back Aerial: A backhand strike with a closed fist.
  • Up Aerial: a headbutt attack Data has used on occasion.
  • Down Aerial: Captain Falcon’s Down Air
Strong Attacks
  • Side Grounded: Data uses a Klingon Painstik, like when he helped recreate Lt. Worf’s Ascension Ceremony.
  • Up Grounded: Data slashes upwards with a rapier, similar to his holographic facsimile created by Lt. Barely.
  • Down Grounded: Data throws a photon grenade in front of him. The distance determined by the length of the charge.
  • Side Aerial: Data does a powerful rear kick
  • Up Aerial: Data does powerful uppercut
  • Down Aerial: Data does a stage dive using all his weight and power.
Special Attacks
  • Sensors Indicate (Neutral): Data uses his Tricorder to take readings of a foe and then applies the learned information to buff his stats to make him better equipped to fighting that particular foe. He is a science officer with a computer brain after all! For example scanning a slow and strong character might give him a speed buff. Each character would have to be given a variable on which stat of Data’s they’ed buff.
    • Slime Version: Data channels the extra slime energy to his sensors allowing him to scan more than one opponent and take into account multiple foes strengths and weaknesses. If used on 1v1 it simply increases the ammount he buffs his stats.
  • Phaser (Side): Data fires a beam from a phaser. It travels indefinitely forward in a straight line and has a pinpoint hitbox. The normal version is the stun setting and stuns a foe it hits.
    • Slime Version: The slime version sets the phaser to kill and it becomes a pinpoint hit-box of intense damage.
  • Beam Me Up! (Up): Data calls for the Enterprise to use sight to sight transport and beam him to a higher part of the stage.
    • Slime Version: The slime version allows him to select his coordinates with a cursor before transport.
  • Replicator (Down): Similar to Bugs Bunny’s paintbrush move in Multiversus, Data uses the enterprise’s replicator to create one of the game’s items. The specific ones he can create would be selectable on a wheel similar to Shulk’s monado arts and they would be on a cooldown timer after being created. The normal version allows him to create a random food item, Sokka’s Sword, Valerie’s Gun, The Bronze Boots of Truth, and Log from Blammo
    • Slime Version: The slime version allows him to create an Anchor, the Cheese Ray, Sandy’s Rocket, and Tommy’s Ball.
Throws
  • Grab: Data looks as if he is merely lightly touching his foe’s shoulder, but his Mega Strength (that’s what the show actually calls it) means that they are firmly held in place.
  • Pummel: Data does a series of rapid strikes with his free hand.
  • Forward Throw: Data picks them up over his head and chucks them like they’re nothing.
  • Back Throw: Data hurls them behind him like he threw that guy in Star Trek: Insurrection.
  • Up Throw: Data bends down and grabs the opponents leg and swings them into the air by it.
  • Down Throw: Data slams the opponent into the ground.
Other
  • Dash Attack: Data throws his weight into a body check ala Shao Khan.
  • Super Attack: Data beams aboard the enterprise and, following his captains orders, fires a barrage of Photon Torpedoes at the battlefield.
Costumes
Animations
  • Intro Animation: Data beams down from the Enterprise.
  • Idle: Data stands at the ready with his hands by his side.
  • Idle Animation 1: Data takes tricorder readings.
  • Idle Animation 2: Data whistles, poorly
  • Taunt 1: Data shuffles a deck of cards at high speeds.
  • Taunt 2: Data recites a line of his infamous poetry
  • Taunt 3: Data bends a Parsteel rod in half.
  • Win 1: Data sits at his Comms Station from the Enterprise and returns to work, his pet cat Spot jumps on the console and tries to bother him.
  • Win 2: Data beams back aboard the enterprise.
  • Team Win: Data politely claps while curiously examining the excited reactions of his teammates.
  • Lose: Data short circuits and then his head explodes off, lying on the ground as in the episode “Arrow of Time”
  • Jukebox: Same as Win 1
I know the odds of them actually doing it are low as long as Nickelodeon and Paramount aren't willing to throw more money into the project and pay more people, but I still wanted to do it because I love Star Trek, Data is one of my favorite characters of all time, and I would die if he got into this game.

So what do you think of the moveset I made? Even if you don't know much about him would you play as this character with the moveset I've described?
I decided to write some campaign dialogue for Data too.
  • Miscelaneous
    • Phasers locked on target. Ready to engage. (Mind-controlled Data challenging the player in the Campaign mode)
    • I am fully functional in every way. Programed in multiple techniques. A broad variety of combat. (Mind-controlled Data challenging the player in the Campaign mode)
    • I am now returning to normal operational parameters. (When being unlocked)
    • Curious. This abnormally large mollusc is exhibiting feline behavioral traits. I shall take a sample for further analysis back on the Enterprise. (when meeting Gary)
    • What a curious contraption. To think it came from the mind of a 21st century inventor. (After receiving the energy dampener from Nora Wakeman)
    • Something is not right. Why have I not returned to the Enterprise? (Wondering why he returned to the Timeless Stardial after defeating Vlad for the third time)
  • King Jellyfish
    • Data to Enterprise! I am engaging in combat an abnormally large monarch of the phylum Cnidaria! (When starting a fight with King Jellyfish)
    • I'm detecting a massive power surge in my positronic net. Entering self-diagnostic and repair mode. (If he loses the fight against King Jellyfish)
    • The Federation's goal is to seek out new life, I only wish it would have let me study it, instead of attacking me. (After Defeating King Jellyfish)
  • Flying Dutchman
    • Sensors are picking up a large humanoid energy coalescence in the form of a 19th century seafarer. It appears to have hostile intentions. (When starting a fight with The Flying Dutchman)
    • As an android, I do not experience pain. But if I did, I believe that would have hurt. (If he loses the fight against The Flying Dutchman)
    • I am an android. I do not experience fear. (After defeating The Flying Dutchman)
  • Shredder
    • I am sorry. But I will have to place you under arrest for collaborating with a hostile alien force, intent on the destruction of the planet Earth. (When starting a fight with Shredder)
    • Perhaps further training with Lt. Worf is in order, to further hone my combat capabilities. (If he loses the fight against Shredder)
    • Data to Enterprise. One to beam up, directly to the brig. (After defeating Shredder)
  • Sartana de los Muertos
    • Curious. Perhaps this phenomenon is not at all dissimilar to those created by the D'Arsay archive we encountered on the Enterprise? (When starting a fight with Sartana)
    • I do not think the kill setting will be effective in this scenario. (If he loses the fight against Sartana de los Muertos)
    • Odd. For a brief moment during the battle... my visual sensors detected... a Koala? (After defeating Sartana)
  • Vlad Plasmius
    • Your goal involves the subjugation of entire planets. This is something the federation can not allow. (Confroting Vlad for the first time in the Campaign mode)
    • Critical damage to all primary systems! (If he loses the fight against Vlad)
    • If Captain Picard were here, he would say that Starfleet officers do not bow to petty tyrants or cosmic bullies! (Rematch against the first fight with Vlad)
    • In many ways, I am superior to an average human. (After seemingly defeating Vlad for the first time)
    • Intesting. Perhaps this means this whole room is nothing more than a large holodeck? (After Vlad's ghost clone disappears)
    • This does not look good. (Witnessing the destruction of the universe firsthand)
    • While I do not enjoy violance, I assure you I am more than up to the task of ending this conflict in a decisive victory. (Confronting Vlad for the second time)
    • It would take nothing short of complete atomization of my entire positronic net to prevent my eventual return, and your eventual defeat. (Rematch against the second fight with Vlad)
    • It appears your plans have ended in failure. I'm taking you into custody for the kidnapping of a Starfleet officer. Data to enterprise! ... Data to enterprise!... (After defeating Vlad for the second time)
    • I will attempt a shutdown sequence of the device... but this technology is unlike any I have ever seen before! (Asking Clockwork to save him after Vlad's machine malfunctions and destroys the universe a second time)
    • As long as you continue to threaten the fabric of the multiverse, I will continue to return and oppose you. As would any Starfleet officer. (Confronting Vlad for the third time)
    • Your logic is flawed, and only serves to support the conclusion you wish to be factual, instead of the real truth. (Refusing to listen to Vlad)
    • Your machine has been disabled. Surender before you cause any more damage. (Telling Vlad to give up after disabling his machine)
    • I can not allow you to dominate the wills of the universe's sentient population. I will put an end to your plans. (Rematch against the third fight with Vlad)
    • Now that your plans have been thwarted in an act of versus style combat, the sensible course of reaction would be to release your hold on the others and send us all to our home dimensions. (After defeating Vlad for the third time)
    • Curious. (Watching the universe be destroyed a third time)
    • I am curious as to why you have been brought here. On previous occurences of this loop you remained in your castle lair. What has changed? (Asking Vlad why he is in the Timeless Stardial)
    • If you are correct in your observations, then that would mean our host is not as benevolent as he at first claimed. (Wondering why Clockwork would leave him and Vlad trapped in the Timeless Stardial)
    • While the task was accomplished and our host returned to his normal faculties, it was not accomplished without severe risk and injury sustained by myself and the other captives. (Talking to Vlad after defeating Clockwork)
    • Sensor logs from the previous loops do show different configurations of the machines componants on each repitition, but without a deeper understanding of the machine's construction I can not verify your claim of "trying to fix it". (Doubting Vlad's intentions)
    • Your hypothesis is supported by the available data, yet I still doubt your intentions. (Reminding Vlad of his evil plot)
    • That may be the case, but it was your actions that resulted in the creation of the "Evil Clockwork" entity in the first place. (Reminding Vlad that the events of the Campaign happened all because of him)
    • Does this mean you plan on ceasing your future criminal activities? (Expecting Vlad to atone for his actions)
    • Then I'm afraid I must continue to stop you on behalf of the United Federation of Planets. (Telling Vlad he'll keep beating him in future encounters)
  • Clockwork
    • An explosion of that magnitude would require more energy than can be contained in a single physical space, unless we are dealing with an entity that can alter the laws of physics, which is not unheard of. (After Clockwork warns him about Vlad's plans)
    • Was it your intention to send me chasing an untamed ornithoid without cause? (Asking why Clockwork lured him into a fight with Vlad's clone)
    • While I understand the logic behind your decision, I can not help but speculate how much further our enemies plans have advanced while we spent time diverted from his course. (Understanding why Clockwork sent him to fight Vlad's clone)
    • I'm detecting an unidentified energy field intersecting with your own. (First meeting with the evil Clockwork)
    • I must return to the Enterprise, to my friends, and to my cat. I can not do that if I return to the Stardial. (Refusing Clockwork's demands to return to the Timeless Stardial)
    • Previous encounters suggest combat dissipates this strange unidentified energy. It appears the only way to free our host, and return to our homes, is to find and engage him in battle. (After the evil Clockwork disappears)
    • I do not wish to engage in needless violence. But this appears to be the only way. (After his second meeting with the evil Clockwork)
    • I am an android. I do not feel any emotions. You are being influenced by the energy created by this machine and are acting unlike yourself. If you return to the Stardial with me, the effect will dissipate. (Begging Clockwork to return to the Timeless Stardial to undo the effects of Vlad's machine)
    • I believe this is what is meant by the phrase "to loose your mind". (Before starting the final battle against Clockwork)
    • My internal chronometer is experiencing rapid fluctuations. I must retreat and re-calibrate my systems. (If he loses the fight against Clockwork)
    • These continuous battles prevent me from fulfilling my duty to Starfleet. I'm afraid they must stop. (Rematch against Clockwork)
    • I'm detecting a surge in chroniton radiation! (After Clockwork uses his powers to refill his health bar)
    • Stop it! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! (After powering up before delivering the final blow against Clockwork)
    • Unidentified energy readings dissipating. (After defeating Clockwork and freeing him of the effects of Vlad's machine)
    • I understand, I have experienced similar circumstances in my own life. But not having that information lead to sub-optimal outcomes in our previous battles. (Telling Clockwork he should have been honest about succumbing to the mind-altering effects of Vlad's machine)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm sure the Smash team has a "pecking order" on what characters get cut and which stay.

From Melee to Brawl, all character cuts were all clones, and Mewtwo. From Brawl to Smash 4, the cuts were characters that couldn't work due to technical issues (Pokemon Trainer (exclusing Charizard), and Ice Climbers), lincensing issues (Snake), Wolf who was a last minute addition, and Lucas who returned as DLC anyways. And the Mewtwo and Roy came back as DLC since they were popular characters.

I would imagine a Smash 6 would do the same. Cuts would be the echos/clones, third parties that were a pain to license, and characters that require far more manpower than an average fighter.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm sure the Smash team has a "pecking order" on what characters get cut and which stay.

From Melee to Brawl, all character cuts were all clones, and Mewtwo. From Brawl to Smash 4, the cuts were characters that couldn't work due to technical issues (Pokemon Trainer (exclusing Charizard), and Ice Climbers), lincensing issues (Snake), Wolf who was a last minute addition, and Lucas who returned as DLC anyways. And the Mewtwo and Roy came back as DLC since they were popular characters.

I would imagine a Smash 6 would do the same. Cuts would be the echos/clones, third parties that were a pain to license, and characters that require far more manpower than an average fighter.
I still want them to cut Squirtle and Ivysaur, but use them as the building blocks to construct Blastoise and Venusaur. I think they should have done that in Smash 4 when the transformation mechanic wasn't viable on the 3DS, and I think they should do it again now. What self respecting Pokemon Trainer that's battling against other very powerful warriors doesn't have a fully evolved team?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What self respecting Pokemon Trainer that's battling against other very powerful warriors doesn't have a fully evolved team?
Eviolite exists. And so does...Smash not caring about canonical power levels. If we can't have Pokemon that aren't fully evolved, then we shouldn't have Little Mac. Or Villager. Or Isabelle. Or a dog who does nothing but react to your ability to shoot ducks.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman

GOATED game
This is how I found out that YouTube took out my subscription from his channel. Fixed that instantly.

Also yes, I am close to beating DKC2 on Switch Online and I can confirm It is an amazing game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Eviolite exists. And so does...Smash not caring about canonical power levels. If we can't have Pokemon that aren't fully evolved, then we shouldn't have Little Mac. Or Villager. Or Isabelle. Or a dog who does nothing but react to your ability to shoot ducks.
Ok. I was being silly. I just think it would be cooler to have Blastoise and Venusaur over Squirtle and Ivysaur, and I said it in an exaggerated way.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t see a reason to cut the 1st echo fighters tbh. Most of them don’t really affect development much

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m pretty sure it was stated that Squirtle and Ivysaur were chosen along with Charizard to represent the evolution mechanic, which is cool and all. But we need to take it one step further.

Have a Pokémon fighter that starts in its base form, but has an EXP bar that fills throughout the battle until it eventually evolves. Giving it better stats, stronger moves, etc.

Gimme a call, Sakurai :nifty:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I still want them to cut Squirtle and Ivysaur, but use them as the building blocks to construct Blastoise and Venusaur. I think they should have done that in Smash 4 when the transformation mechanic wasn't viable on the 3DS, and I think they should do it again now. What self respecting Pokemon Trainer that's battling against other very powerful warriors doesn't have a fully evolved team?
I'm against this because 1. I main PT, and 2. Getting rid of Squirtle and Ivysaur for Blastoise and Venusaur is pretty bad for variety purposes. You got rid of a weak but heavily combo centric character and a quadruped middleweight swordie for a heavyweight hard hitter and another heavyweight hard hitter.

Also Venusaur would be bottom 1 with it's hurtbox

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm against this because 1. I main PT, and 2. Getting rid of Squirtle and Ivysaur for Blastoise and Venusaur is pretty bad for variety purposes. You got rid of a weak but heavily combo centric character and a quadruped middleweight swordie for a heavyweight hard hitter and another heavyweight hard hitter.

Also Venusaur would be bottom 1 with it's hurtbox
To each their own. It's still what I'd prefer. Honestly what I'd wish they'd done in the first place in Brawl.

Top Bottom