• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, the pass is over! 2 questions:
Did you get one of your most wanted?
Which pass is better?

For me: Yes, and FP2
I got my most wanted in FP1, but I think FP2 is way stronger.

FP1 is three characters I think are cool, 1 I think is awesome, and one I don’t like at all. That’s the main reason.

FP2 all ranges from rad to amazing for me.

I gotta say. I wish we had gotten at least one mascot platformer character in this pass. Like… the genre really isn’t doing too hot right now is it?
Big studios aren’t making big, new platformer mascots for smash to promote.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I got my most wanted in FP1, but I think FP2 is way stronger.

FP1 is three characters I think are cool, 1 I think is awesome, and one I don’t like at all. That’s the main reason.

FP2 all ranges from rad to amazing for me.

Big studios aren’t making big, new platformer mascots for smash to promote.
Well there was one. A certain orange marsupial who had a new game AND an anniversary both in time for this pass to promote but hey. Whataryagonnado.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A lot has to go right for a character to get into Smash. There's liscenses, promotions, negotiations, probably a lot of exectutives who want different things, and thousands of fans trying to get their voices heard over eachother's.

Characters like Crash didn't get in not because thet weren't big or popular enough for it, but because the stars just didn't align right for it. They aligned for Sora instead. This doesn't say anything about the future of 3D platformers.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A lot has to go right for a character to get into Smash. There's liscenses, promotions, negotiations, probably a lot of exectutives who want different things, and thousands of fans trying to get their voices heard over eachother's.

Characters like Crash didn't get in not because thet weren't big or popular enough for it, but because the stars just didn't align right for it. They aligned for Sora instead. This doesn't say anything about the future of 3D platformers.
It means that it wasn’t popular enough for Nintendo to make those stars align.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If it was just about popularity, Fortnite would have been a lock.

Smash isn't a perfect reflection of the industry. Otherwise we'd have way more FPS and mobile game characters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, that’s literally what it means.

Sora was literally the most popular request.

You want Crash? Make it happen. Make some noise over the next several years! It worked for Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo!

Oh wait, but it won’t be ultimate anymore so you’re not gonna bother. Alright, you can get back to moping.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Y’know, I know the reason the keyblade was encased in fire was to obscure it until the big reveal, but I like to imagine that Mario is just capable of wielding a keyblade, and that his keyblade is just made of pure fire.

I know it’s not true, but it’s a fun thought.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Returning after being on other sites since around the start of 2019. Hi Arcanir Arcanir

I had my expectations low and wasn't sure they'd actually put Sora in, even without the Disney stuff included...
Was blown away. SO much better than the final reveals for base Ultimate.

Base Ultimate was already a dream and possibly a once-in-a-lifetime thing. This turns it up to 11.
We'll never have anything like this again.

---

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's always worth noting that timing is really important. The Fighter Ballot happened before Crash's modern day ressurgance. He had some vocal fans back then but nothing compared to what you see today.

Then we got Crash remakes, a new mainline game, a new Nitro Kart game and other scrimblos like K.Rool and Banjo getting in, generating a lot more buzz around the character.

If a new fighter ballot was made today I'm confident Crash would put himself on the radar.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh right, I guess people now have to stop lying about their favorite scrimblo winning the ballot. :shades:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
"They were very thorough and did a great job responding to our frequent reviews and detailed requests. I think fans will be satisfied with how Sora has turned out, and I hope you all enjoy playing as him. To all of Mr. Sakurai’s staff, thank you so much!" - Tetsuya Nomura

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, that’s literally what it means.

Sora was literally the most popular request.

You want Crash? Make it happen. Make some noise over the next several years! It worked for Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo!

Oh wait, but it won’t be ultimate anymore so you’re not gonna bother. Alright, you can get back to moping.
I mean is that not gonna be a bummer? Like I’ll have crash but I won’t have anyone else I like to play as so why would I find that an enticing idea? Why would that be something to look forward to? One step forward and 60 steps back?

Sora is cool. I don’t hate him. I like the character. I need to emphasize this or else y’all will get the complete wrong idea about me and how I feel right now.

But I’m sorry. I forgot. I’m only allowed to feel in the pre-approved ways. My apologies my liege.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean is that not gonna be a bummer? Like I’ll have crash but I won’t have anyone else I like to play as so why would I find that an enticing idea? Why would that be something to look forward to? One step forward and 60 steps back?
I never said it wasn’t a bummer. I just mean that if you want Crash in smash period, you gotta do the work. If you simply wanted him in Ultimate, well I’m sorry but that ship has sailed.

And I never thought you hated Sora btw.

My apologies my liege.
At least you acknowledge the pecking order :yeahboi:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
4ABC30D9-A2D7-4665-A69C-28E08BC75AB7.jpeg
7CF5A513-C353-4B46-9ABC-69EB7F735DE9.jpeg
All Star Brawl really decided to reference this for an online profile picture image option…now give me those 2012 alts and then the remaining turtles

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who just doesn’t see a point to Smash after Ultimate? What’s the point of bringing everyone back only to take them all away again? Ultimate is officially over, and I am not exactly optimistic about Smash’s future, if it even has any.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who just doesn’t see a point to Smash after Ultimate? What’s the point of bringing everyone back only to take them all away again? Ultimate is officially over, and I am not exactly optimistic about Smash’s future, if it even has any.
The next Smash game is so far away that there's not much use in speculating about it.

Come, sit by the fire and appreciate Ultimate in the meantime along with us.

Shroob

Sup?
I think the best part of all this is just

There was no silly haha tagline

No HITS THE BIG TIME

No FACES THE FURY

No RARING TO GO

It was just

"Is finally here."

That feeling of "Finally... he's here, after all this time."

Like, I'm not even a Kingdom Hearts fan, and I was legit getting weepy during the trailer.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Man I'm so happy we finally got Sora. Always wanted him in Smash just never expected it to actually happen.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, this is the first time in a while I’ve felt that smash bros magic.

Don’t get me wrong, the characters we’ve been getting have been rad! But for a while there it started to feel kinda…standard? I dunno the right word for it, but the mystery and whimsy a smash reveal used to give me weren’t quite there anymore. I was still having fun, but it felt different.

But this? This **** had me legit emotional, and I’ve only had a mild interest in Kingdom Hearts over the years.

Good lord Sakurai’s a genius.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Well, now that this game's roster is complete, I can go back to making rosters without having placeholder slots for characters I don't know about yet.

Sora was a character I previously went back and forth on including so I'm glad he's here

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I think the best part of all this is just

There was no silly haha tagline

No HITS THE BIG TIME

No FACES THE FURY

No RARING TO GO

It was just

"Is finally here."

That feeling of "Finally... he's here, after all this time."

Like, I'm not even a Kingdom Hearts fan, and I was legit getting weepy during the trailer.
Yeah, I'm not a Kingdom Hearts fan either, but all my life I've been surrounded by how big of a deal Kingdom Hearts is, and how often Sora would come up as a hypothetical character for Smash. Besides like, Master Chief, there aren't really any other characters who have been around that long, are majorly popular across the gaming landscape, and have been a request for Smash like that.

So seeing Sora be introduced as just "finally here," yeah, that definitely felt appropriate.

And people thought we were getting a Pokemon as the final announcement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom