• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why would they put two generic mooks in the game when we already have Pirahna plant? Besides there are other enemies that would fit smash better than Waddle dee of all things.

He's going to crash into smash as a costume, i'm calling it.
Eh. Maybe. I do feel like that would be the one way to make the last fighter bittersweet. Like. I’d rather have no crash at all then Mii crash.

Also. Fun fact. Crash’s 25th anniversary is in September.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Why would they put two generic mooks in the game when we already have Pirahna plant? Besides there are other enemies that would fit smash better than Waddle dee of all things.

He's going to crash into smash as a costume, i'm calling it.
first of 2 you mean as in pp+bwd because impa

Also BWD is not a mook also waddle dees are the best generic nintendo enemys outside of metroid larva and metroid already got 2 characters in ultimate!

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
I gotta keep it real, Fighter Pass 2 has actually been pretty underwhelming for me, (the only hype pick for me personally was Steve,) so I’m hopin’ the final fighter is something I’ll be interested in.

Not “bad picks” by any means, just not interesting to me personally. I’m not saying it needs to appeal to me to be “good.”

By the nature of Smash, it’s inevitable that not every reveal is going to appeal to everyone.

I have spoken.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
as a big zelda and kirby fan getting nothing again was just really dumb i mean atleast cut chrom and instead have impa
also ultimate is like butter put onto too much bread!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Does anybody else find it bizzare that they were perfectly fine using the word "Devil" in Jin's moveset but didnt use the name "Devil May Cry" When the Dante Mii came up?

Also with the Dante Mii that makes another Project X Zone character that overlaps with Smash bros.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
That was ok of a presentation. Nice amount of tracks and Mishima Dojo looks fun as hell. Did hope for someone like Donvakin to have been the final character though. As long as it is a new universe I'm happy.

The final character thing does make me hope for a bonus stage like Melee Final Destination (that over character for me) and that little highlight reel at the end I would love an extended version of with E3 2018 trailer.

I bet someone is still gonna entertain the possibility of more characters even though Sakurai reaffirmed again that the next one is it.
Dude, everytime he breathes there is always some two bit idiot who thinks of more content honestly.

I just want him to finish development and then do more of his talks of game design but of course someone will be like "NEW SMASH CONFIRMED?!".

Let the man rest.

D

Deleted member

I gotta keep it real, Fighter Pass 2 has actually been pretty underwhelming for me, (the only hype pick for me personally was Steve,) so I’m hopin’ the final fighter is something I’ll be interested in.

Not “bad picks” by any means, just not interesting to me personally. I’m not saying it needs to appeal to me to be “good.”

By the nature of Smash, it’s inevitable that not every reveal is going to appeal to everyone.

I have spoken.
Tbh same.

I guess I’m just some zoomer with unrealistic expectations :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Well, earlier joke aside, I'm loving Kazuya. Definitely my hypest character of the second pass and excited to try him out. Nice to see he releases so soon as well. The fact he has the Tekken announcer is a nice touch as well.

Also 39 music tracks, let's go.

D

Deleted member

If there’s anything I hate more when it comes to anime clip channels, it’s when they have titles like “character x vs character y sub full fight” and then the actual video is an amv with loud obnoxious dubstep over the whole thing :191:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
With all the effort he's putting in these (Steve's mining interactions, Kazuya's many moves) I can't see him making an echo fighter for the last DLC.
True sakurai sorta got crazy making all these gimmicks for each char and yeah honestly i think we either get another third party or a mario or Pokemon Char i go into my corner and cry now!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be honest, it’s really hard for me to be disappointed when I have no expectations or hopes for fighters. LOL

I just hope funny thing I like gets in.
after Terry(and how legit mad I was at his inclusion)I learned that I probably shouldn’t set my expectations super high, especially when most of my wants are pretty niche and obscure anyway.

:ultsteve: is enough for me. I remember sending a pic of his reveal to my lil brother, and how much he loved seeing his most wanted get in.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Steve's inclusion was probably the most excited the smash community has ever been.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So weve got soooo many Third parties in smash you cant tell me there isnt a lot of room for having an ultimate Sequel wit a bigger focus on Nintendo chars!
Also everyone wants an reboot why tho? its not like the next game would be a normal fighting game and everyone hates 3d arena Fighters!
Do we need a second ultimate no but did we ever got a brawl 2 also no!

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
after Terry(and how legit mad I was at his inclusion)I learned that I probably shouldn’t set my expectations super high, especially when most of my wants are pretty niche and obscure anyway.

:ultsteve: is enough for me. I remember sending a pic of his reveal to my lil brother, and how much he loved seeing his most wanted get in.
D’aawwwww, that is precious!

D

Deleted member

So weve got soooo many Third parties in smash you cant tell me there isnt a lot of room for having an ultimate Sequel wit a bigger focus on Nintendo chars!
I personally think ending the series at Ultimate(or at the very least, waiting a couple years to start work on the next game) is the best move overall. I doubt Nintendo will ever be able to pull off “Everyone is Here!” again without some serious luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah, I'm super happy she comes with a track.

Although while the HGH version is still good, I kinda wished it was the one from Pirate's Curse
Confession time, HGH is the only Shantae game I've played, so I've never even heard the Pirate's Curse arrangement of the track.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I personally think ending the series at Ultimate(or at the very least, waiting a couple years to start work on the next game) is the best move overall. I doubt Nintendo will ever be able to pull off “Everyone is Here!” again without some serious luck.
It could be done. Though I don’t think it will.

But also, smash just ending here? Lol no. Profit motives yo.

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
Ok, hypothetically, if Kingdom Hearts somehow got representation in Smash, that means Disney representation, and that’s very funny to me.

Have a nice day.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm super happy she comes with a track.

Although while the HGH version is still good, I kinda wished it was the one from Pirate's Curse
Yeah, Pirate's Curse has the best rendition of the song.

I was really hoping Shantae would be the next fighter. While this isn't the exact outcome I had wished for, at least we can play as her in some capacity.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
im not talking about everyones here i mean cuttin pichu and one younglink is an easy way of adding more imagine same ammount of chars but a lot of characters like geno, bwd, skull kid after all imagine the hype ridley and k rool got!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom