• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I wanted to try a different writing project atm. I’ve talked about ideas for a new Sonic fighting game and I wrote out part of what I had in mind for the beginning of the story mode. I wanted to try a script like format as well as seeing how I would work with established characters. Let me know what you guys think:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
"Mom can we get Castlevania?"

"We have Castlevania at home"

Castlevania at home:
Boktai2Crossover.png

Upon making this meme I just remembered the fact that Hideo Kojima makes a cameo in Battle network 4.

Hideo Kojima is a canon part of Megaman lore

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where do i play smashbros 64 against ppl online?
uhhh... bit of an odd request, I guess. Without heavy modding of the system/game(which is very cumbersome since you want both sides to be as equal as possible and modding just kinda throws that out the window) iirc it's not practical. Possible? Yes. You'd probably be better off playing a different Smash game for online though. Haven't touched 64 in awhile though so my memory is a bit foggy.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hard to feel optimistic when your body is falling apart. As mentioned to a few here, phoned out of hours which I was not a fan of doing as I felt something burst below my lungs. Told me to take painkillers and water but they will phone my proper doctors in the morning which is good.

Gonna be a long night anyways but good thing this exists.

1602465913321.png

"So a Japanese Shut-in, Water Goddess, Explosion Loli and a Masochist Crusader go on a kill quest......"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Innocent is not a word is use to describe Sticks.
Indeed. Because her defining character traits include paranoia and skepticism, rather than having innocence as one of the top ones because her more apparent traits are so glaring, along with her not being a "kid hero." The "innocent" characters range from 6-8 years old. Sticks, on the other hand, is 14. Innocence is normally a child trait, and even if she did have innocence in her, her top two traits would be so blaring that it wouldn't matter.

Besides, I would argue that innocence is certainly not one of her traits because it runs contrary to her inclination to be suspicious of everything and everyone.
well...my definition of innocent...my life has had no more innocence since 👁 was a Wii lad
Also can we just talk about this for a second.
I love it.
Hulu and Animaniacs
tenor (93).gif

D

Deleted member

Been playing alot of Digimon Masters Online recently: man Jogress digi's are busted af. I've just been able to plow through enemy digimon 25+ levels above me like it's nothing, when that's normally a guaranteed loss for normal digimon. The amount of grinding I have to do is mildly annoying but it's fine overall. (why does killing digimon over your level give you LESS experience than attacking digi's your level for christs sake)

D

Deleted member

Where do i play smashbros 64 against ppl online?
Hmm, I am not sure if I can help. I do not think this is the correct place to ask. I am sure there is a thread that can help you with this. :)
We are so close to Steve, please God do not let this be a dream.
We are indeed. I am extremely excited for Steve!!!
1602467711484.png
1602467748065.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Just wait for modding to be a more widespread thing

And then you too can Smash to Captain Sparklez

yknow I've been wanting to try and mod some stuff in to say Pokemon but with how much Nintendo hates modding and how tedious the process is... don't think I would be able to do it anytime soon.

honestly I'm not even sure if my idea if feasible lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
reminds me of a bunch of stuff at once, oddly enough. Can't for the life of me remember any of them though ¯\(ツ)
It's Robin's (Grima) Halloween costume from Fire Emblem Heroes.

Considering Robin is one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters and characters in Smash, I thought I'd use it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ya know, after they added :ultpiranha:, I swore no character would surprise me.

Minecraft Steve made me go back on that statement, even if I knew he was coming due to Zhunge
Dawg, same, like, I told you this before, but I knew it was gonna be Steve after Zhuge, and then when the trailer focused on Mario, I legit thought it was Geno.

Because I have the attention span of a goldfish or something.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Definitely will give praise to the DL team, this was a very good raid.

Also Warchamp7 Warchamp7

When do we get Steve emotes?

The meme potential is unlimited.
Considering past trends, Steve will probably be within the month, Alex, the Zombie, and Enderman will come next year.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sooo....apparently Wal-Mart Canada accidentally leaked a new 2D Metroid game.

Like Nintendo, ma doods....can you like throw a dog a bone? Cuz that would be pretty neat if it's actually a thing, and if it's actually coming this year?

I need my metroid fix!

Shroob

Sup?

Like Nintendo, ma doods....can you like throw a dog a bone? Cuz that would be pretty neat if it's actually a thing, and if it's actually coming this year?

I need my metroid fix!
Got anymore on this? I believe there was a leak about a 2D Metroid for awhile now going around.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Got anymore on this? I believe there was a leak about a 2D Metroid for awhile now going around.
It's literally on the Walmart website...and they haven't taken it down yet

Obviously it's all as a placeholder but it's there. I'm not sure how long it's been up, but it seems pretty recent.
What's even stranger is that when you check the information, EA of all things is listed as a publisher. I seriously hope that's a mistake. Then again they list it as a Disc under Game Format as well, and considering the Switch uses cartridges...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's literally on the Walmart website...and they haven't taken it down yet

Obviously it's all as a placeholder but it's there. I'm not sure how long it's been up, but it seems pretty recent.
What's even stranger is that when you check the information, EA of all things is listed as a publisher. I seriously hope that's a mistake. Then again they list it as a Disc under Game Format as well, and considering the Switch uses cartridges...
That's most likely a placeholder for Prime 4.

It's been there for over a year.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I need my metroid fix!
Retailer sites putting placeholders for unannounced Switch games has been a thing for almost the entire Switch's lifespan and many of them have lead to nothing.

And it saying EA is publishing it is a big red flag.

Here's the thing for those who are curious

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So I wanted to try a different writing project atm. I’ve talked about ideas for a new Sonic fighting game and I wrote out part of what I had in mind for the beginning of the story mode. I wanted to try a script like format as well as seeing how I would work with established characters. Let me know what you guys think:
Interesting concept with incorporating multiple dimensions and time periods, and I appreciate you trying to create actual character growth by addressing how much Sonic's friends have been relying on him as of late and how they all need to develop into capable fighters of their own. The dialogue also feels like it would fit nicely in an actual Sonic game (well, at least before the Pontac and Graff era) and everyone seems to be in character.

The Sonic Boom jokes (like Sonic's arm color and that universe's Eggman being useless) and the jab at Green Hill were pretty cute, too.

D

Deleted member

Ya know, after they added :ultpiranha:, I swore no character would surprise me.

Minecraft Steve made me go back on that statement, even if I knew he was coming due to Zhunge
Dawg, same, like, I told you this before, but I knew it was gonna be Steve after Zhuge, and then when the trailer focused on Mario, I legit thought it was Geno.

Because I have the attention span of a goldfish or something.
I thought it wasn't going to be Steve, because I legit couldn't believe it would be Steve.

Steve felt like a dream pick to me. A character that would never get in, but one I really wanted. And boy I am glad I was wrong. I still cannot believe Steve is in. Tuesday, just come already.

D

Deleted member

TFW you get excited for two seconds thinking 2D Metroid was actually getting a release sooner than another 12+ years:

Hey, at least Nintendo is giving us updates on Metroid Prime 4, right?

Metroid Prime 4 is coming soon. Remember SMTV?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm two years older than TTYD, and I grew up playing that game all the time.

This doesn't feel right at all.
So? I was born in 1996 the same year the N64 and SM64 came out and I didn't really get to play many N64 games until the early 2000s when I got a bit older and I could walk. Many of my most passionate gaming memories were with the N64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom