• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So... I can Pokegen legit pokemon that bypass Random wifi checks on B/W

With great IVS and everything. ;)

Edit: Roacherman, Fuel, Fuel-Bee, this name.

You ARE ROGER FROM AMERICAN DAD!?>

Tacel

Smash Lord
I played White from 8:00 AM until 11:00 PM.
I am so addicted.
Gonna play some more after I do some work.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
GAME FREAK Morimoto is tapping me.

soooo much exp though.

cant wait till i get to 2nd round of elite 4.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I am starting to realize that one of my biggest downfalls in competitive battling is that I don't take enough time to consider my move. I just click and many times I find myself regretting my choice of move. Any tips on slowing down a bit and making smarter decisions instead of just trying to get the battle over with.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i notice i do WAY better if i tell this to myself before a match:

"choknater. if you lose, focus on why you lost."

this helps soooooo much. if i lose due to confusion or para, it may tell me that i got either haxed OR i have a weakness to status. depends on the situation. if i lose due to a crit, it means i might not necessarily have a flaw on my team, i just got critted. (unless i'm using a stall team... stall teams eat crits ALL day. i never use them cuz i dont like getting critted.)

if i lose due to hax, i try not to let it bother me and tell myself i lost due to anomaly.

focusing on winning the game is good, but focusing on what is threatening you really helps you remember what pokemon you scouted, what moves they have, and why you might have the disadvantage vs certain pokemon in certain situations.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I am starting to realize that one of my biggest downfalls in competitive battling is that I don't take enough time to consider my move. I just click and many times I find myself regretting my choice of move. Any tips on slowing down a bit and making smarter decisions instead of just trying to get the battle over with.
You could try something simple like listening to classical music, or you could do something more drastic and form a team that doesn't require thought.

ss118

Smash Master
You could always just consider the fact that at any point in a singles match that you can only pick nine different moves at most at any random point and most of them are "bad" in some manner. Either way consider all nine and work from there every turn.

Doubles/ Triples is much harder. Rotation battles are cooler; only a total of fifteen different choices but all of them important.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Just treat every match like it's a tournament match. That's what I do. I seriously consider every move I'm going to make based on a series of different conditions and then choose accordingly. You mainly just have to force yourself into the habit. Realize that 5 minutes plus the time you gain back every turn is LOADS of time to consider each and every move, so take your time. Because it's well worth it in the end.

Do it enough and eventually it just becomes natural. You start choosing the optimal move for the situation with very little thought, or even with no thought at all.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I like Reshiram a lot more. I actually have a slight fondness for Reshiram. Every time I look at Zekrom I have this odd feeling inside that draws me away from him. It's like my body is just telling me I don't want him.

Plus, I like cities. And Black City is ****ing awesome. Or at least HUGE.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ To me it was like this:

- I love Zekrom, something about him just... Iunno, he is one of my favorite dragons so far
- My GF loves Rishiram, so it made sense for me to get White
- As for Black City, finding items seems so much more meh then finding Pokemon, but then again it doesn't matter for me as we have both versions, XD. (I use Pokegen though, so you could argue it doesn't matter. Thing is, I won't use it to fill the Pokedex, only to make Pokemon really good that I've already caught)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my favorite thing about reshiram is unresisted stab type coverage lol.

eeeeeeeeazy.

zekrom is still cooler though

lilligant is the reason i got white.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Turboblaze.

Also, I'll just transfer Pokemon over from all the past games and get them from someone else for the sake of the Pokedex. And I probably won't buy many/any items in Black City. So I'll just take it for aesthetic purposes.

Oh yeah, and it focuses on Rotation Battles, which White focuses on Triple Battles. Rotation Battles are way more fun imo.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I hate Rotation Battles. I keep getting *** ****ed by them in the most stupid ways possible
I just send out Scrafty lolz. That's essentially what all of my battles have led to. "Oh, Scrafty's in here? Well my other guys aren't doing too well, so I'll just send out the Moxie user. That'll teach 'em."

Hasn't failed me so far. I hate how much I rely on Scrafty, but he's just so damn good. It's hard NOT to use him a lot of the time.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah... I don't have Moxie on my Scraggy (lol hasn't evolved yet). I prefer to have Shed Skin more since it has saved me from A LOT of hax (and this game is just loving to hax me for some reason)

Every rotational battle for me has led to Krokorok, which is the one who has Moxie on my team.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Nvm. Rotation is where the left pokemon can fight left/middle, middle can fight all, right can fight right/middle. Middle does most damage, etc. Triple is just three pokemonz.

Honestly... I love Pokegen. <.< I created fully legit:

Adamant Scrafty, Naughty Zoroark/Serperior, Jolly Axew/Archen. They're levels mimic my crappy ones, and they possess nothing illegal. They match my IDs/PIDs and everything, so you can't tell. Bwahahahhaha

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Triple is basically just Double battles with an extra Pokemon.

Rotation is kind of hard to accurately explain. You send out 3 Pokemon like you would in a triple battle, but only one of your Pokemon can attack per turn. This Pokemon is on the front of the board. The Pokemon on the front of the board is also the only one that can be hurt. You can, however, rotate when selecting an attack. This causes another Pokemon to take the lead position at the beginning of the attack, meaning they'll be the one getting hit but also the one that deals damage.

Basically, it's a 1v1 where you can immediately switch to one of 2 other Pokemon. That's the non-complicated version.

EDIT: Ninja'd. :C

EDIT2: The only thing I don't know is if they keep their buffs/debuffs when they leave the lead position. But I'm guessing they do.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm not into the metagame[yet], but I could see rotation going somewhere. Triple will probably fall in the same strut as doubles.

Is there Rotation battles in Battle Subway for White? I know Black City has them and stuff, but I'd like to do them too.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
cant wait till i get a skill link cloyster in game!!!!

most godly ice pokemon until kyurem in pokemon gray.

D

Deleted member

You could always just consider the fact that at any point in a singles match that you can only pick nine different moves at most at any random point and most of them are "bad" in some manner. Either way consider all nine and work from there every turn.
You have made me proud, my son.

D

Deleted member

Do you love me now?
It has nothing to do with love. You should view your victories in pokemon as cutting a mark into your blade for every life you've taken. You should also reward your most dangerous pokemon with the most restraint when switching it out. For example, I basically NEVER switch Salamence out.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ultimate godlike obliteration

i had a conkeldurr duel today which ended up with my conkeldurr at +6 and guts boosted. 2500 atk or something like that

more hp + speed tie luck = win.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So yeah Iris is one of my favorite gym leaders and Reuniculus is a beast I love it it can't wait to make a new trick room with it as a user.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I think I can make a team of 6 choice scarfers and beat anybody in here in a 1v1 game.

Gen V is just that kind of metagame loool

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i really like moxie mence lol.

man... conkeldurr is so freaking good. the more i use it, the more i'm amazed by it.

for my non-team preview dwou team (still majorly a WIP) im going pretty standard so far. seeing some cool ideas here and there though, like staraptor. hitmontop is doing wonders for me right now.

im learning how to use espeon, she is just... total complete **** when theres no team preview. like, when i use breloom, i restrain spores just cuz i know theres a magic mirror on the other team. but without team preview its just total ****. thunder waves, spores, whirlwinds, encores, entry hazards... god, what a godlike ability.

chansey and blissey are FREE. i cm and pass to conkeldurr... with that spdef boost, i can usually get some free bulkups unless they have something weird like brave birds on their team.

dragonite is mad good... im thinking of just throwing cloyster on my team for it. cloyster is just the business. it's the co***ridurr.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
You know it's been a while since I last visited the Poké Boards when The Snorlax Room changes into the Steelix Room. X___x

Anywho, PAX East was fun. I was surprised at how large the Pokémon community really was, the fact that the Handheld Lounge - an area dedicated to handhelds in general - had almost nothing but DS users with HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White (myself included) was just amazing.

The Pokémon Bar Crawl was just fun... I had so many shots, just about everyone was wasted. My friends and I woke up the next morning with hangovers, but at least I got my Mewtwo pin as a prize. I completed the special Mewtwo challenge, but they ran out of pins for it - all those Jaegers for nothin'. D:

Overall, PAX was fantastic. Oh, and Ocarina of Time on the 3DS is just absolutely beautiful. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom