• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'll discuss this with you in the social thread if you want, we're kind of jacking Samox's thread here.

I'm donating $50 on Tuesday when I finally get a ****ing checking account!

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 22: Killer Tofu
Kickstarter Balance: $3,462.00
Paypal Balance: $313.67 (-$234.89 for Omni Light)
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $3,775.67 - UNCHANGED

Nothing new to report. Today was a good day in terms of just how many tailor made requests I dispatched to potential benefactors with lotso skrilla. Hopefully a few of those requests will translate into some big donations.

Bad news: today, no skrilla. Meh, we take what we can get.

The badgering continues!

MORE TO COME!

EDIT: YAY BATTLECOW! Your donation will be sent directly to the "Awesome" department head. He'll know what to do with it. :)

Battlecow

Play to Win
fuuuu-

Kickstarter doesn't take paypal, apparently. Grrrr.

I'll donate to the paypal when **** gets confirmed and stuff.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i honestly only enjoyed the director in terms of the interview scenes, the other guys did good jobs, i could just tell they dont know the game

voorhese

Smash Master
ALSO if the pilot ends up in the series at all, or the argument over items does. Dont use the example of a pokemon coming out of nowhere, use either a bob-omb or a star. cuz the voltorb was obviously gonna do that in the pilot. A random Bob-omb falling on them, or a star hitting the other would have been a better example of the random advantages people get from items.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
Regrettably, I don't see 5-thousand more dollars being donated through kickstarter in 16 days. I would contact those who have donated through Kickstarter in hopes of running it back through Paypal. Cheers!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I would keep publicizing it where you can and see where it goes. You can always "buy-out" your kickstarter account, if necessary.

Keep donating even in small amount and it all will help.

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 24: Just When You Thought It Was Update 23...
Kickstarter Balance: $3,637.00
Paypal Balance: $382.59 (-$234.89 for Omni Light)
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $3,950.67

Alright, good news all around:

First, Apex 2012 gave us a nice little plug. Tip of the hat to Alex Strife, DMBrandon and the rest of the Apex crew for being such hospitable smash professionals. We'll see you next weekend at Concentrate 2!

Second, major shouting out to Eclipsing Binary who threw down $150 of his hard earned dollars to make this thing come to fruition. We thank him for taking time out from his marathon *** kicking sessions (where he owns all of his friends and enemies at everything he does EVER) to show us some monetary love. For this, he will be rewarded with much praise and 1 free coupon for a bath in champagne with women of questionable morals. You're welcome!

Also thanks to those of you who are upping your already pledged donations. You guys are too awesome for words.

KEEP DONATING TO KICKSTARTER. Don't worry about the deadline. I'll worry about the deadline. You just keep being awesome and donate ALL THE MONEY! :)

You'll understand if I'm not updating regularly right now - totally gunning for moneybags relatives/friends so not much time for anything else.

MORE TO COME!

EDIT: A badass by the name of Bullock just laid down $50 for the cause! Thanks you glorious man you!

EDIT2: Whoever said Banks were bad? We just got a $100 dollar drop from a Mr. Banks so we're dedicating this song to you.

EDIT3: Updated current Paypal balance.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I think the main reason people are donating is to read what kind of crazy situations you're offering them. :p

You have a very awesome imagination. XD

I'll drop $25 more this friday after I get paid.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Some of us are old and happily married now.

But undoubtedly we are the exception.

voorhese

Smash Master
I just thought of something. On on of the updates you showed us a new camera that you bought with some of the donations. Doesn't this mean essentially that this HAS to go on, because if not some people will not get refunded?

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I just thought of something. On on of the updates you showed us a new camera that you bought with some of the donations. Doesn't this mean essentially that this HAS to go on, because if not some people will not get refunded?
He already said that if the deadline isnt met he is just going to put the rest of the necessary funding on credit cards... we're basically helping him not get into debt

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo, I've decided to dedicate all my October MM winnings to this

So in addition to the fitty I gave, you've got like $30 coming in from tonight and $400 from tomorrow night if things go well (they should).

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

So in addition to the fitty I gave, you've got like $30 coming in from tonight and $400 from tomorrow night if things go well (they should).
is there really that many 64 players who would donate to you :awesome:

christianizcool

Smash Cadet
Just curious, when these 7 episodes are released, how much time will be in between each? As in, will you release one every two weeks for 3 and a half months for example?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion

beastin' it.

also putting it on credit cards? crazy dedication, love it. id love to help market the movie/doc whenver it's out. let me know!

Top Bottom