• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
i just really do not like ken because he's a liar that never gave credit to me even when i clearly surpassed him. He never shook my hand when I beat him ever, except oc3's singles set. He never said I was good, or gave me credit at all, even though I used to look up to him at that point, so hearing him say things like "just like mew2king is best marth?" sarcastically after he won evo world (even though I was obviously better as proven from the previous several nationals and later national) really made me angry and made me not like him anymore. Someone I used to look up to to get better and be inspired from said those things to me for no apparent reason. I've stated what actually happened for that 12 month time period prior to his quitting for every tournament we were both at. I think he's a bad person.
This will be an interesting episode.

At the OT, you should get interviews with players via online first. While you can later record live-interviews as well, it will help you get a jump start on things.

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 13: Money-Match The World
Kickstarter Balance: $3,247.00
Paypal Balance: $273.67
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $3,520.67

Alright, we got a funding! Good on you Mr. Keenlow! One Exclusive DVD series coming to you!

@ EthereaL: That will INDEED be an interesting episode. :) And you're right about getting preliminary interviews. A very important part of this process. Now if I can only get M2K and Isai to respond to my messages...

@ theONEjanitor: We ARE interested in graphic artists. Have them email us at thesmashbrosmovie@gmail.com .

@ Zivilyn Bane: The pilot's narrator does have experience and he is one of the few on a short list right now, but it's always good to hear others as well, if just to compare.

MORE TO COME!

EDIT: Hey! We're on Game Set Watch!

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna need to get a better job first, but I'll try and donate.

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 14: Good Things Wait Come Those Who
Paypal Balance: $303.67
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $3,550.67

Got another 30 dollars today! Thank you Mr. Vargas. :)

And thank you guys for keeping the dream alive. You (and maybe to a greater extent your wealthy friends and relatives) will make this thing happen!

NEWS FRONT: Me and KDJ are meeting next week for a little pre-interview pow wow. Also looks like the smashtacular Apex crew is going to plug the series soon on their sites. I'll post those links as soon as they're up.

Lots of other small stuff that I'll cover in the pre-production video update that'll come asap.

@ Mr Wizzrobe: Mucho appreciado senor. If you can donate to Kickstarter, it would be preferred at this point, but either is totally cool.

@ ShadwPhoenx: Thanks man! I just messaged him. :)

@ Octave, a nub and Strife: Thank you thank you thank you!

MORE TO COME Y'ALL!

EDIT: Linkses.

Battlecow

Play to Win
So I'll be donating sometime next week

Also if I see Isai on MSN I'll see if I can get him to do it.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
UPDATE 14: Good Things Wait Come Those Who
Paypal Balance: $303.67

Got another 30 dollars today! Thank you Mr. Vargas. :)

And thank you guys for keeping the dream alive. You (and maybe to a greater extent your wealthy friends and relatives) will make this thing happen!

NEWS FRONT: Me and KDJ are meeting next week for a little pre-interview pow wow. Also looks like the smashtacular Apex crew is going to plug the series soon on their sites. I'll post those links as soon as they're up.

Lots of other small stuff that I'll cover in the pre-production video update that'll come asap.

@ Mr Wizzrobe: Mucho appreciado senor. If you can donate to Kickstarter, it would be preferred at this point, but either is totally cool.

@ ShadwPhoenx: Thanks man! I just messaged him. :)

@ Octave, a nub and Strife: Thank you thank you thank you!

MORE TO COME Y'ALL!

EDIT: Linkses.
Any chance Ken will be interviewed at any point during this series?

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
definately putting up $25 for this. Joined the competitive scene about 4 months ago and it is toooo awesome. I want that DVD too :)

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 15: All Hail The Omni Light
Paypal Balance: $303.67 (-$234.89 for OMNI LIGHT)

Alright y'all! First video update has arrived!

Hope it gives you an idea of just how far we've come and just how far we need to go. There will be another update in a couple weeks.

Tested out the omni light a few hours ago: ****ing AWESOME. It gives out LOTS of light (and a fair amount of heat). It was exactly what we needed to PUSH IT UP A NAWTCH! ;)

Getting some love from the Brawl crowd. Makes me think we might push on through and cover Brawl as well (don't kill me just yet; keep in mind this is AFTER we cover Melee - ALL your kickstarter money goes to MELEE).

@ Alex Strife: Sent you a private message.

@ Battlecow: You da MAN Battlecow. :)

@ Strife: Ken has said, and I quote, "I'm in!". Methinks that means he is down. :)

@ 007-Jake: Thank you!!!

@ Mr Wizzrobe: All good dude. :)

MORE TO COME!

Varist

Smash Lord
Lol, back-to-back analyses of Ken and M2K's era. Whoo boy.

Ken: "Yeah, i was the best when I retired, no one could beat me, there was a lot of talent but i was preh much the kind, you ahreddeh know."
15 minutes later

m2k: "THAT ISN'T EVEN, I BEAT KEN SOOO MUCH. EVERYTHING HE SAID IS WRONG. LIES. LET ME TELL YOU THINGS."

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I don't think Ken would pass up a chance to reassure everyone that he's still the King of Smash.
apparently Ken had entered negotiations to attend Genesis 2. then he randomly just stopped replying to boback's messages... he might flake... hope not though

strawhats

Smash Master
apparently Ken had entered negotiations to attend Genesis 2. then he randomly just stopped replying to boback's messages... he might flake... hope not though
I wonder is Ken is one of the big suprises Alex Strife has in store for Apex 2012. I mean, the only problem with that is if Genesis 2 was in Cali (Ken's home state) and he flaked, how successful will Alex Strife be in getting him to go to Apex 2012.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
i doubt he'll go to apex...
but i think he will agree to this, because its just an interview and not a tournament...
i have a feeling that the reason he flakes for tourneys is because he knows he would get *****

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 16: Eat. Sleep. Smash.
Paypal Balance: $313.67 (-$234.89 for OMNI LIGHT)
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $3,560.67

Alright, donations is light right now - as predicted. Just hope we can make up for it later.

Ten bucks from Hannah. Thank you, thank you!

@ Varist: LOL. LET ME TELL YOU ALL THE THINGS!!!

@ Mr Wizzrobe: That would make for an awesome montage sequence. ;)

MORE TO COME!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
boback stated that Ken had confirmed for Genesis 2 and was going to team with Isai, but it turned out he had a conflict with the date.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
they would have gotten destroyed... both were hella rusty. isai and S2J worked because S2J is amazing and isai is good in teams & played smart even though he hadn't caught up with the metagame.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think nostalgia has made us think our top players of old would do better than they really would. The metagame has changed a ton since they've been around, and it would take a lot of work to whip them into shape to perform placing-wise like they used to. Less work than most, maybe, but still a lot more than a lot of people seem to think.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
they would have gotten destroyed... both were hella rusty. isai and S2J worked because S2J is amazing and isai is good in teams & played smart even though he hadn't caught up with the metagame.
Yeah, I think nostalgia has made us think our top players of old would do better than they really would. The metagame has changed a ton since they've been around, and it would take a lot of work to whip them into shape to perform placing-wise like they used to. Less work than most, maybe, but still a lot more than a lot of people seem to think.
Lol yeah i know they wouldve gotten *****. no doubt about it. but it would have been amazing to watch regardless

p.s. master wgs i love your abridged series

Anth0ny

Smash Master
The exact same thing could be said for Ken, probably even more so. I'm not saying choco diablo would have won Genesis 2, but they would have *****, no doubt about it.

Once a beast, always a beast. Even Daigo retired in 2007. Look at him now.

edit: i got ninja'd by a guy who used the exact same sentence as me, except opposite :laugh:

D

Deleted member

teaming with isai = fan boys dream come true

isai did not practice at all but did very good for not playing melee at all for past 50 million years

probably happiest moment of genesis 2 for me was after we got knocked out of losers, was him saying that he had fun, has probable last run at playing teams at melee

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Master WGS from that pokemon abridged? I had no idea you played/followed melee, mind = blown

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I just need help reaching him. If I talk to him he will go cause im good at convincing. My issue with ken has always been getting in touch with him.

:phone:

Top Bottom