• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
i know, how can he be in, but they drop someone like mewtwo...its dumb...who seriously ever liked G&W?
Lucario is a much faster Mewtwo as shown in vids. Taj will be even more beast.

No 3rd 3rd party character but we got Wolf. I'm good with the roster.

Edit: HBK has Naruto demon power. He can do okay in a tournament one day, another day 4 stocked a really high ranked NJ player "cough cough" I look forward to see how your *** does in Pound along with every other TSA member but HBK the most. Make it out of first pools people!!

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'll be bringing a tv but not a cube... someone bring a cube/game/card and split the discount with me (10/5 because come on, a tv is heavy O_o)

and what's the plan for meeting up friday? i'm not totally into driving to philly, but i don't want to sweat out a parking ticket either

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I can provide 4 people with housing. Please let me know if you need it.

Also what's going on with Do's van, I need to know when we are leaving. I assumed Saturday, but I don't know now. Early sat would be better IMO only because I have work Friday and such. But yeah I need to know.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Hey, want to wish you guys good luck at Pound. (for most of you who don't know me, I play with TSA NY quite a bit at school).

On another note, you guys have great taste in mascots. Nu Gundam Kitty is very win.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
from what i understood we were going down to philly friday night and leaving from there saturday morning
No one told me anything about that...

I get out of work at 6 and I cannot get out any earlier. Just throwing that out there.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I also wanted to have plans to stay in Philly Friday night (if that's all right with our PA Branch), then at a hotel Saturday night. The hotel costs $68 a night, and Copy's car will also stay with us there, so we can have about a total of 8 or 9 people staying in the hotel. Please confirm sometime this week so I can call and make those reservations.

Bring some money for food as well, and everything should be fine.

Any questions? Let's get it going - this is the last time I'm making a trip like this for awhile, after all!
this .

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Right, but I thought that was his group and Copy's group individual plans. I didn't see any mention of Do's van involved.

Someone please let me know the definite plans asap/pm me whatever. Because this is confusing me.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is a much faster Mewtwo as shown in vids. Taj will be even more beast.

No 3rd 3rd party character but we got Wolf. I'm good with the roster.
yea, Wolf did surprise me. i just recently found out you can start as ZSS by holding down R while picking samus...its a wrap, the game is now good. brawl will be great now just for the fact you can play as ZSS by choice...

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
ok so when and where are we meeting up tomorrow?

Also, me and HBK are in the same pool. wtf.

And were in the same pool as M2K. :urg:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Seriously, I agree with Sneak.

Apparently no one can get in touch with Woz. Does anyone want to make plans between all of us and then just inform woz tommorrow? I just want to know what's going on because I have work all day tommorrow till 6.

pockyD

Smash Legend
me and do really want to make sure we leave tomorrow night assuming we can find housing -_-

if crismas's friend can house 4 (and only 4) i'd be willing to sleep in the van or something like that just to make sure this happens

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Wow this tourny is mad close, and yea by the looks of it it doesnt seem like plank is changing the pools, which kinda blows. Any idea for a team name sneak?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i say we just meet at rutgers (or wherever the hell do is) at 730 or something so we can get there by 11-midnight (assuming we are all punctual........................)

so crismas can your friend house friday? because if so let's just go with that

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Yes he can house us friday. Please IM me for details and such.

Also to those staying with me for housing...be sure to bring your own sleeping stuff. I think that's already self explanitory though.

pockyD

Smash Legend
ok well i think everyone should expect to leave tomorrow night, and it's a 4-hour drive to MD so hopefully not super late either

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Alright I'm at work right now. Can someone post the finalized information.

What I need clearing up on:

I have to meet up with Do/Pocky co. at Rutgers New Brunswick?
Time 7:30

But I need a location, where I should get off the train and a cellphone# so I can contact someone when I get there.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Forever, and ever, you stay in MY HEART and I'll LOVE YOOOUUUU!!! I've been singing that song the past couple days for no reason. It's been pissing me off.

Edit: Is there teching in Brawl when you land after getting hit. I haven't seen anyone do it yet.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
RaptorHawk you are so late. That has been de-confirmed for like a little over a week I think.

Also Marth has been seen to have little lag. Shiek still has her tilts I believe.

Other characters are looking unplayable.

Ganon's aerials have even more lag then in melee. Some are almost triple the amount of lag from the same aerial uncancelled in melee.

That's just down right disgusting.

Here is Ganon's target test in brawl so you can see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H9sZ7NvHh0

I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I saw his animations and his lag.

So far it looks like Peach will be dominating with Pit and Meta close behind in all seriousness. Meta cuz of WoP attributes. Pit is a slightly stronger Meta, with slightly less comboability, but an awesome projectile and awesome recovery.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Shove it up your *** Steven.

I'll speculate all I want and I'm not the only one worried about this game. James is too, so I'll talk about the game all I want since it is out now and all that.

I don't need to play a game to know when a character is laggy or has a broken technique.

Peach has float cancelling. No one else in the game has any lag reducing moves.

It's not a leap to say that she has a huge advantage.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I completely agree with Marcel, Peach seems like she has a huge huge HUGE advantage. Just attack sheilds, float cancel, and either grab or do some ******** slap grab or dsmash or whatever the hell she wants really.

The only thing that's going to be better than float cancelling is a really strong ground-based character. Brawl seems very much like a more ground-based game. Which I guess is fine, but all I want from smash is a good stomp > uair > nair > uair > KNEE.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Robert is awesome.

I hope brawl has alot of moves where characters can abuse IASA frames on tilts. That's the only way slower characters could be playable the way things are looking.

hehe. A more ground based game eh? Didn't Sakurai say that Brawl would be more aerial based? And then he removes l-cancelling the basis of competitive aerial combat?

LOL. GG, Sakurai.

Speaking of IASA abuse. Remember Marth's d-tilt in melee? Pretty much the best IASA move in that game?

Hmmmmm.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I completely agree with Marcel, Peach seems like she has a huge huge HUGE advantage. Just attack sheilds, float cancel, and either grab or do some ******** slap grab or dsmash or whatever the hell she wants really.
If Marth doesn't fastfall his fair out of a SH it ends before he lands and his nair autocancels if you do some weird thing Jason talked about like a year ago. Marth being the gay *** that he is, can probably still **** Peach just with spacing and grabs unless she can escape throw death combos.

And remember, "Mr. I think Marth combos look better than anything besides Falcon and Mewtwo combos" YOU DON'T HAVE TO L-CANCEL UP TILT DOWN AIR.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Falco has two guns and can throw his reflector.

That's enough outta you Kashif. LOL. ^_^

Top Bottom