• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 4 Grand Prix! (Final official announcement)

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
@ 4cast 4cast
@Jerm
@ SuperMii3D SuperMii3D
@neohopeSTF
@ TTYK TTYK
@ PingPongCop PingPongCop

You, the 6 who have risen to the challenge. Welcome, to the Smash 4 Grand Prix!

The countdown becomes shorter every day, we are now 3 measly weeks away from Smash 4's release.
That being said I'd like to make a quick announcement and recap all the info and rules.

---------------INFO----------------
Due to people having issues with the date of the tourney being so soon after rekease, it has been moved to oct. 11th. This gives you more practice time, and more time for you to enjoy smash solo. You can play as anyone, even if they're taken. You can play as the Mii's and with a custom move set, but no stat altering badges/gear.
The brackets will be
Round 1: 4cast vs SuperMii
Round 2: Jerm vs Neo hope
Round 3: (open slot) vs TTYK
Round 4: PingPong vs Me
And the winners will continue until only one remains, that one will face me at Final Destination.
--------------RULES---------------
Each match will be no items, final destination, fox only.
....but in all seriousness. Each match will be No items, 2 stock, FD version stages. And uh...that's about it for rules. X3

Anyway, that's about it...I think...I dunno maybe...I don't script these.. *tosses a paper ball* See ya.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Awesome! I'm getting pumped up!
Are you going to want us to see if we can save the matches as replays or something so you can see them as proof?

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Are you going to want us to see if we can save the matches as replays or something so you can see them as proof?
It actually might not come to that. If all goes well and the spectator mode runs smoothly I'll just watch.

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Well I don't have a Wii but luckily no characters I give a damn about are part if this so called "WiiU connectivity"

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Well I don't have a Wii but luckily no characters I give a damn about are part if this so called "WiiU connectivity"
Tbh The only one I actually care for is the Chorus Men :3 they are the whole reason I came to smash boards in the first place

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
No way....
Let me also point out to those screaming FAKE Answer me these two things
1) in Melee although it seemed like there were random not filled spot's these are actually secret Random Selects while the empty Spaces in the 3ds Version HAVE NO PURPOSE like at all
2) on the back of the Japanese Download Card where it said how much memory The Game takes to Download with a keen eye you will notice there is lots more Space on what it says on the download card then the actual eShop Which means there is Memory that is unaccounted for which lends credence to there being extra characters and stages

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Great to face you! Have fun feeling the rash of Greninja!

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Also @ PingPongCop PingPongCop I still need your friend code.
Yeahh, still planning on getting that new 3DS XL :x If what the stores said were true and the Smash 3DS XL comes out in the US tomorrow, then I'm getting it this Sunday and I'll have my friend code to you by then.

EDIT: Just looked it up, it is real. Tomorrow the Smash 3DS XL is out. I'll most likely have the friend code by Sunday.

By the way, I am going to leave to a friends house in Alabama. I don't know the time will be. I believe we're leaving on Oct 4 (unfortunately) but I will only be on the road for about 1 and a 1/2 hours. If this happens during the tournament, will I be able to postpone my match or will I just be disqualified?

Last edited:

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Would like to change the character I'm using to Iggy! (Bowser Jr.)

Top Bottom