• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I'm gonna presume the texture lords of this project have plenty of stuff ready to go, but you're just waiting for Taiko and his cronies to drop stuff bit by bit. Sunshine Mario's shirt and glasses, for example.

Also Hedgie don't you touch my damn game. I'll kill you. Probably.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone I was hoping for a bit of help.

I'm reworking Melee Fox, and at the moment I think he is one of those characters that just has too many darn outfits.

For reference see his entry here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207579

So to get an idea of what people actually want and/or use I've opened this survey up. Feel free to use it to let me know what you think, or just not use it... just don't complain if I do what I want anyways!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_rx0mHiyUdLygtZytX0tYXXYylyCMIJMYqX7EKgTP5U/viewform

Last edited:

DualX

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's definitely too many. I'd say at least keep the 4 that Project M utilizes normally and perhaps throw in a James McCloud one too.

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
It's good to have 10 costumes for people that want to completely replace/don't like the Brawl model. Also, what about Melee Falco? He is outdated. Will he be updated?

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Of course he will some day, we just have to calibrate the G-diffuser.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I know a lot of people are hoping we update some of the PM alts as the Smash 3 team updates all of their stuff. Sometimes though it takes a bit of time to get it all together.

Other times it does not.

(and sometimes I need to do last minute fixes because textures are wrong).

We hope you enjoy this special update, I'll try and update the thread pack soon!

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Inside the S3C Dev Room (where last minute fixes are actually a thing...)
Edit: expect more stuff from us soon™

There's no secret info in this spoiler
I know that this is completely unrelated but thanks to Scout and IWantGames we found a way to add PMDT Glow in the dark effects to our smash 3C chars that lacked that; so expect an update on some chars in the future!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna take a look at this fine thing. Also, C. FALCON CUNFERMD NECKS S3 UPDATE

EDIT:I clicked tried downloading but the link is broken.
FIX IT

I guess the textures weren't the only last minute fixes needed.
Hehe...

Last edited by a moderator:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the report we have fixed the download link!

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Wait a sec. What's PMDT glow?
How did Layell get the same render scene settings?
If you have the render scene, any future plans for it aside from retro Falcon?
How the hell did you get rid of the scarf?
Also given the nature of the helmet in the pose, I'm cool with you using your stock method on it for HD stuff for once.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Wait a sec. What's PMDT glow?
How did Layell get the same render scene settings?
If you have the render scene, any future plans for it aside from retro Falcon?
Also given the nature of the helmet in the pose, I'm cool with you using your stock method on it for HD stuff for once.
1.- isn't he part of the Smash 3 Team?
2.- i would assume that would happen because the 3C counterpart will have to follow the direction the original Smash 3 Team is taking with the renders
3.- vertex?

both Smash 3C 64 Falcon and Smash 3 Falcon were released at the same time, plus Layell got a shoutout on the Smash 3 thread, that should mean something

Layell

Smash Journeyman
On glow: Some materials were able to glow for the PM Alts (Samus Visors, Dry Bowser shell). Previously the Smash 3C versions were not able to have this glow. But who knows what the future holds (Aghanim knows).

Anyways as seen in the Smash 3 Pack credits:
Layell - Party Planner, Smash 3C Ambassador
Pack Organizer

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I know that this is completely unrelated but thanks to Scout and IWantGames we found a way to add PMDT Glow in the dark effects to our smash 3C chars that lacked that; so expect an update on some chars in the future!
I've been trying to figure out how to do that. Could you show me how you got it to work?

Chapy

Smash Rookie
It seems like Snake doesn't work with Project M 3.61's moveset file. I reverted to the 3.6 one for now since all that's changed is a taunt, but I'd love to get the moves working since moving in the box is beautiful.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Smash 3 falcon is using brawl falcon scarf. I just ported the Project M one in the new smash 3 model.
I've been trying to figure out how to do that. Could you show me how you got it to work?
I'm sorry I can't! (or at least not at the moment!)
It seems like Snake doesn't work with Project M 3.61's moveset file. I reverted to the 3.6 one for now since all that's changed is a taunt, but I'd love to get the moves working since moving in the box is beautiful.
I can understand that but the fact is that we don't support leaked stuff. all I can say is try to compress the textures with brawlbox using the cmpr format or resize them untill it doesn't make the game freeze

Last edited:

Chapy

Smash Rookie
I can understand that but the fact is that we don't support leaked stuff. all I can say is try to compress the textures with brawlbox using the cmpr format or resize them untill it doesn't make the game freeze
Thanks for the advice. I compressed the article texture and removed the references to its palette and Snake works great now.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry I can't! (or at least not at the moment!)
I'm guessing that you'll tell us after dry bowser/ZSS or the whole cast is released? If so, I can wait.

Also, I noticed that the OP hasn't been updated. Just a friendly reminder.

Last edited:
I've been meaning to post this for a week and keep forgetting, between work and life:

Can you guys post renders of your already completed characters? Smash 3 has started doing that, they're basically the same renders that go with the bluish white background gradient, except without the background:

For example: http://imgur.com/a/KPQ3o

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I see little reason not to sinistersnakesennin sinistersnakesennin

So for the time being I will post all "completed renders" right here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/isnykxcy8v0eovj/AABZH8_Wd8mOsEfcpTTG_FYva?dl=0

These are all the renders that I do not foresee doing any updates on unless something goes terribly wrong. I will add to this as the situation develops. In the mean time one thing someone might do to help would be to make some of those fancy new Smash 3 style stocks for some 3C characters, because I certainly don't want to do it!

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
These are all the renders that I do not foresee doing any updates on unless something goes terribly wrong. I will add to this as the situation develops. In the mean time one thing someone might do to help would be to make some of those fancy new Smash 3 style stocks for some 3C characters, because I certainly don't want to do it!
Yo dawg just make one stock and post the PSD as a reference and maybe I'll jump on it, ya dig?

Also HD Giga assets when?

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I decided to try with some icons:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aw4x76kzwfx5ilq/AACf4sUBYv9lr8JHICFGBb3Ka?dl=0
They were made by adding a shadow to existing icons. Feel free to use them if you want.
Of these Ganondorf probably looks the best, and that is likely due to how it was first made. Essentially the Smash 3 team shrinks down the renders then colours certain parts for stock ID. I'll see to providing a source method that will match the way the Smash 3 team does their stocks.

Also for better or worse they are a bit smaller than the standard Brawl stocks.

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I have updated Dark Samus with a Smash 3 stock: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210588

In addition I have provided the source file for her stock in her render folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/isnykxcy8v0eovj/AABZH8_Wd8mOsEfcpTTG_FYva?dl=0

Essentially what you do is you convert a render into a smart object and use layer masks and resizing to make it icon sized. Apply the stroke and drop shadow. For different palettes you can right click the smart object layer and "replace contents" to replace with a different coloured render.

Top Bottom