• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
inb4 Captain Therapist becomes an actual alt.

Those all look great. Are the Knuckles and Jet ones made from Brawl Minus skins?
The Jet skin's colors look washed out.
Are the Lightspeed Shoes and the Soap Shoes ripped from AlGeorgeRomo's model?
Jet isn't mine but i'll do it on my own.
Knuckles is made from the alt from the smash 3c sonic alt pack.
And yes, Lightspeed and soap shoes are ripped from algerogeromo, even the riders one.
Blaze, Cream, Amy and Sticks skins are from Star.
Had to remove the gem on blaze because it was glitching out.

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Jet isn't mine but i'll do it on my own.
Knuckles is made from the alt from the smash 3c sonic alt pack.
And yes, Lightspeed and soap shoes are ripped from algerogeromo, even the riders one.
Blaze, Cream, Amy and Sticks skins are from Star.
Had to remove the gem on blaze because it was glitching out.
Wow, I made my own Lightspeed and Soap Shoes Sonics as well, heh
EDIT: Also Charmy's skin looks too orange

Last edited:

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
The vest looks good, and the face does too. He still could stand to have his harness on his crotch and butt area redone; the belts are different between MGS1 and MGS2. His neck area might also need to be a little bit darker, as it kind of stands out from the rest of the vest right now. My only other suggestion would be to vertex the sneaking suit out some. In Twin Snakes/Acid, it's padded, compared to the skintight look from Brawl/MGS2.
His butt looks weird in the second pic. Other than that, it looks great.
I've been trying to figure out how to alter the pelvis area to erase the old harness to make way for a more accurate one, but the way the textures are laid out is making it really difficult. I'll do as much as I can, but I might just have to leave the MGS2-style belts in place like in the MPO alt. We'll see, I guess.

(It took a good amount of time to get to this point and you can barely tell lmao)

As for the vertex stuff, I have no experience, but I'll see what I can do. I've figured out the basics of the vertex editor now and I'll take an actual stab at it in the next couple days.

Use this for the scarf texture.
I'll compare the two in game and see what looks best. But a darker scarf is more in line with the PM alt and N64 appearance, and that's almost definitely the way to go, so there's going to be an update soon for sure.

EDIT: Making the neck contrast with the vest was a choice to try to replicate the Metal Gear appearance (where the neck was darker than the rest of the sneaking suit, but not as dark as the vest) rather than the original mod's textures. I can make a version where it blends with the vest's color to see if it looks better. Maybe I'll include both versions as alts if I can't decide. Not sure.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed this, but purple hat pikachu is broken. So is fairy jigglypuff, I think.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Can we get a bit more info, are your running PM/Brawl/Minus? Pics? These things help.
Sorry, totally forgot. This will probably be a little easier for you since I was running them on dolphin.

errorpika.png

This happened when I chose purple hat pikachu.

errorpurin.png

And this when I chose fairy wings puff.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
That's just a warning, and the problem is on Dolphin's side. Just go to Dolphin's config menu and disable them.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Since this is about something different, I decided to make another post. I was trying to add the glowing lava effect to S3C Bowser and I got this far:
00000000-7.png

How do I remove this weird "fire" effect which is leaking out of his shell? (Second picture shows it clearly)
00000000-8.png

Thanks again in advance

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Since this is about something different, I decided to make another post. I was trying to add the glowing lava effect to S3C Bowser and I got this far:View attachment 100265

How do I remove this weird "fire" effect which is leaking out of his shell? (Second picture shows it clearly)
View attachment 100267
Thanks again in advance
That's weird, but a little cool. What if you tried putting the Smash 3 textures on the Project M model instead?

Send me your .pac and I'll investigate it.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I've been fidgeting with Dry B's shell recently for my rainbow stuff and found that the glow texture mapping is especially finicky. That "leaking" is what's supposed to be the glow effect. You'll have to fidget with it. Here's one my early attempts. The white glow looks terrible against a black shell, so I hit up the texture fairy and got it all sorted out.
00000000-10.png

Alternatively:
What if you tried putting the Smash 3 textures on the Project M model instead?
ezpz

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I've been fidgeting with Dry B's shell recently for my rainbow stuff and found that the glow texture mapping is especially finicky. That "leaking" is what's supposed to be the glow effect. You'll have to fidget with it. Here's one my early attempts. The white glow looks terrible against a black shell, so I hit up the texture fairy and got it all sorted out.
View attachment 100287
Alternatively:

ezpz
Hmm... I've mostly messed around with the order of the materials. What are the options which control the glow?

Nefnoj Nefnoj , how do I send it to you?

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Hmm... I've mostly messed around with the order of the materials. What are the options which control the glow?
No clue. Check that screen Nano posted some pages back in his thread. I myself just cleaned up the texture leaving only the solid lines.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
To any of my regular collaborators: I could use some assistance with texturing skin. If you have textured skin before or have reasonable confidence in your ability to do so please message me.

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
I've made stock images for Melee Wolf.. Use them if you wish:

Normal
Red Fur (Red 2)
Red
Green Fur (Green 2)
Green
Blue Fur (Blue 2)
Blue
Black
Purple
Orange
Dark Fur
Fox
Project M

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I've made stock images for Melee Wolf.. Use them if you wish:

Normal
Red Fur (Red 2)
Red
Green Fur (Green 2)
Green
Blue Fur (Blue 2)
Blue
Black
Purple
Orange
Dark Fur
Fox
Project M
Speaking of Melee Wolf, i plan to update him soon with AlGeorgeRomos model.

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
I've gotten this far in erasing the old harness to make way for the new, which has not been easy to line up because the belt textures are mapped to a separate area-- a lot of trial and error for this. It also looks like I'll have to make this area more symmetrical to make the textures blend right.

If anyone who knows their way around 3ds Max would be nice enough to make me a UV Template so I could line everything up better, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, I spoke too soon when I said I could make a serious effort at vertexing out the sneaking suit in the BrawlBox vertex editor-- it's more rudimentary than I thought. It's a touch I'd really like to include in the mod, but I think someone else who knows what they're doing would have to make that edit.

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Melee Fox Stock Icons:

Normal
Red
Green
Blue
Panther (Purple)
Peppy (Pink)
Slippy (Blue 2)
Smash 64 Green
SNES (Orange)
Wolf
Wolf (Fur)
Project M Purple Background CSS

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten this far in erasing the old harness to make way for the new, which has not been easy to line up because the belt textures are mapped to a separate area-- a lot of trial and error for this. It also looks like I'll have to make this area more symmetrical to make the textures blend right.

If anyone who knows their way around 3ds Max would be nice enough to make me a UV Template so I could line everything up better, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, I spoke too soon when I said I could make a serious effort at vertexing out the sneaking suit in the BrawlBox vertex editor-- it's more rudimentary than I thought. It's a touch I'd really like to include in the mod, but I think someone else who knows what they're doing would have to make that edit.
On second thought, I'd recommend you leave the pelvic harness the way it was. For some reason, I was thinking that AlGeorgeRomo had changed the harness. They're already modeled so just ignore it. It would look bad to texture over it like this. I give bad advice sometimes, sue me.

As for the vertexing, what version of BrawlBox are you using? .76 is pretty decent with what you can do. I'd do it myself but I don't have access to Windows right now.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Since this is about something different, I decided to make another post. I was trying to add the glowing lava effect to S3C Bowser and I got this far:View attachment 100265

View attachment 100267
Thanks again in advance
No clue. Check that screen Nano posted some pages back in his thread. I myself just cleaned up the texture leaving only the solid lines.
Alright, I had another go. Tell me what you guys think.
00000000-10.png

The one in front is the S3C one. I cleaned up the glow texture to get this result.

Edit: which has the better lava glow? The modified S3C one or the default p:m one? Also reasons as to why you like one over the other would be appreciated.

Last edited:

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Stocks.. By the way, nice job on the glowing effect on Dry Bowser.
Normal
Red
Green
Black
White
Purple
Holy War
Holy War (Red)
Holy War (Green)
Holy War (Blue)

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the subtle glow is what caused the leaking effect I obtained previously. For now, I'll just put the S3C skin on PM Bowser since I don't have the time I need to properly mess around with spec maps and the like.

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
On second thought, I'd recommend you leave the pelvic harness the way it was. For some reason, I was thinking that AlGeorgeRomo had changed the harness. They're already modeled so just ignore it. It would look bad to texture over it like this. I give bad advice sometimes, sue me.

As for the vertexing, what version of BrawlBox are you using? .76 is pretty decent with what you can do. I'd do it myself but I don't have access to Windows right now.
After trying for hours to get it to look right, I have to agree. It just looks wrong.

As for the BrawlBox thing-- well, damn. I've been using .71 this whole time because I didn't know there were later versions; it's the newest one in the Brawl Vault link. I feel like a caveman.

I've been trying out .76 for just a few minutes and it's already a huge improvement. I'll see what I can do with the new vertex editor.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After trying for hours to get it to look right, I have to agree. It just looks wrong.

As for the BrawlBox thing-- well, damn. I've been using .71 this whole time because I didn't know there were later versions; it's the newest one in the Brawl Vault link. I feel like a caveman.

I've been trying out .76 for just a few minutes and it's already a huge improvement. I'll see what I can do with the new vertex editor.
Even though .76 is awesome, DO NOT throw .71 away. It's much easier to rimlight in .71.

D

Deleted member

Hey, I never thought to ask before, but when I downloaded Melee Wolf, I only got around 5 costumes, but a bunch of CSPs. What gives?

Top Bottom