• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

D

Deleted member

what was the fix? i mean, because i see some bad normals on his left leg
What I meant was that I got the rimlight working. That was what Pizzadog was struggling with. I meant that the glitchy parts were side-effects of the rimlight.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Take it easy.
Idk how I wasn't taking it easy...... My post was quite calm.

I fixed Snake.
View attachment 96573
He will display a weird sort of glitchy Final Smash eyes thing, but it's all around his body.
The texture on the vest seems to be really faded on the vest. Also, the normals need to be smoothed, as someone else pointed out.

The rest looks good though.

Last edited:

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
What do you need renders for? ;)
I was thinking for Blood Falcon and MGS1 Snake (once I'm done with it), if you'd be alright with that. If not, that's cool. It wouldn't hurt for me to learn how to get around Blender.

Here. The brighter one is my edit.
We have the facts, and we're voting yes!

I kept the other textures as they were for the sake of consistency with Smash 3 Falcon's color palette, but after comparing the two versions, your more saturated suit color was better. I bumped up the saturation 30% like you did and I think it looks a lot nicer now. (I also slightly tweaked the hue to one that's closer to the red Falcon alt colors, as shown above. Yay or nay to that, do you think?)

I fixed Snake.
View attachment 96573
He will display a weird sort of glitchy Final Smash eyes thing, but it's all around his body.
Nice! Thanks much, man. Can you send me a link?

Was gonna post a screen of mine but never mind. I absolutely despise inadvertent competition.
Crap. Sorry about that. Didn't know you were working on the same thing.

In the interest of avoiding that in the future, is Ledge or anyone else planning to make a S3 version of this Peace Walker Sneaking suit mod? http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35309

I've been working my version for a while, but lost a lot of my work because my computer hates me. I probably would have had to redo a lot of it anyway, but it wasn't fun. In any case, I'd like to know if I should save myself the trouble if someone more experienced was already making a better version.

In other news, I'm messing around with the MSG1 Snake vest textures at the moment. I'll post the results later if I get it looking good enough. No idea where to start when it comes to normals, though. Same goes for importing. My attempt to add the Ordon Sword and sheath to Farmer Link is still only getting me grey polygons twitching into infinity.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking for Blood Falcon and MGS1 Snake (once I'm done with it), if you'd be alright with that. If not, that's cool. It wouldn't hurt for me to learn how to get around Blender.
I can only do custom poses and not Smash 3 matching ones, if that's alright with you

Juken

Smash Ace

I kept the other textures as they were for the sake of consistency with Smash 3 Falcon's color palette, but after comparing the two versions, your more saturated suit color was better. I bumped up the saturation 30% like you did and I think it looks a lot nicer now. (I also slightly tweaked the hue to one that's closer to the red Falcon alt colors, as shown above. Yay or nay to that, do you think?)

Nice! Thanks much, man. Can you send me a link?

Crap. Sorry about that. Didn't know you were working on the same thing.

In the interest of avoiding that in the future, is Ledge or anyone else planning to make a S3 version of this Peace Walker Sneaking suit mod? http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35309

I've been working my version for a while, but lost a lot of my work because my computer hates me. I probably would have had to redo a lot of it anyway, but it wasn't fun. In any case, I'd like to know if I should save myself the trouble if someone more experienced was already making a better version.

In other news, I'm messing around with the MSG1 Snake vest textures at the moment. I'll post the results later if I get it looking good enough. No idea where to start when it comes to normals, though. Same goes for importing. My attempt to add the Ordon Sword and sheath to Farmer Link is still only getting me grey polygons twitching into infinity.
Is that the Blood Falcon model from the actual mod or is the only difference from normal CF the skull on the helmet?

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
Is that the Blood Falcon model from the actual mod or is the only difference from normal CF the skull on the helmet?
That's the actual mod, but it uses the same color palette for everything except the shoulderpad, boots, and helmet emblem, so I decided it worked fine for showing the color comparison. Plus I didn't feel like switching the normal red costume back in just for one screenshot.

I can only do custom poses and not Smash 3 matching ones, if that's alright with you
That's totally fine by me!

Zevarus

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about working with Ike's cape in blender? Ike seems to be the odd one out of the three fire emblem characters since he only has one cape while they both have two. I've been checking the UV Map. attempting to separate the cape, and trying to mess with the vertices, but I couldn't come to a solution.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. If anyone can help me, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Also, I wanted to thank the Smash 3C team and ledgerewskie for the tutorial that helped me get into blender in the first place. You guys do some beautiful kick-ass work. :D

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about working with Ike's cape in blender? Ike seems to be the odd one out of the three fire emblem characters since he only has one cape while they both have two. I've been checking the UV Map. attempting to separate the cape, and trying to mess with the vertices, but I couldn't come to a solution.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. If anyone can help me, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Also, I wanted to thank the Smash 3C team and ledgerewskie for the tutorial that helped me get into blender in the first place. You guys do some beautiful kick-*** work. :D
Pull the cape a bit further towards Ike (Very Small Change) and you're set. It has two cap models, front and back. It's the same for Roy, and maybe Marth. I've never rendered Marth.

Last edited:

Zevarus

Smash Rookie
Pull the cape a bit further towards Ike (Very Small Change) and you're set. It has two cap models, front and back. It's the same for Roy, and maybe Marth. I've never rendered Marth.
Attempting to move Ike's cape doesn't really have an effect since it's only one cape. I know this works for both Marth and Roy, but Ike's a different case.

It's easy to separate Marth's cape because there's two of them when importing him, but when it comes to importing Ike into blender, his cape is already merged for whatever reason. I've tried to pull Ike's cape apart by selection, material or loose parts didn't work unfortunately. Thanks for the help though!

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
Still working on MGS1 Snake. The vest looks better now, but not good enough yet-- colors still aren't quite right, (which would be easier to test if I could get Dolphin working right, but whatever), plus problems with the back. Here's the WIP:

I'm also going ahead with that Peace Walker Sneaking Suit Snake.Here's the very early WIP (original textures still in place around the elbows and knees):

I'm applying the textures to the Brawl Snake MPO alt, since I have no (successful) experience in model edits.

D

Deleted member

So I was messing around with GanoFal, trying to get him without the armor so that I could just have caped Falcon, when I accidentally made something pretty sweet in its own right.
Untitled.png

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Still working on MGS1 Snake. The vest looks better now, but not good enough yet-- colors still aren't quite right, (which would be easier to test if I could get Dolphin working right, but whatever), plus problems with the back. Here's the WIP:

I'm also going ahead with that Peace Walker Sneaking Suit Snake.Here's the very early WIP (original textures still in place around the elbows and knees):

I'm applying the textures to the Brawl Snake MPO alt, since I have no (successful) experience in model edits.
This is looking really nice, but AlGeorgeRomo actually made an even better model for MGS1 Snake if you want to take a look at it. I can't remember where it is for sure, but I think it's in this pack: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210385

I set up a render for it a while ago but never got around to texturing it:

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
This is looking really nice, but AlGeorgeRomo actually made an even better model for MGS1 Snake if you want to take a look at it. I can't remember where it is for sure, but I think it's in this pack: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210385

I set up a render for it a while ago but never got around to texturing it:
Oh man, thanks for letting me know about this. That Twin Snakes model is pretty great, but this one is fantastic. The knee and elbow pads are a particularly nice touch. I've already started texturing it.

I plan to put up the last version of the Twin Snakes model within the next few days. I think this is where I'll be focusing my attention for the next while.

Tommyboa

Smash Cadet
This all looks so great! I'm a budding hacker/modder, and I can't wait to start downloading these!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I put Scarfless Ganopants in my Minus build, and...
al_160227_1830.bin.out.jpg
I might need to change the rim, or remove it entirely.

Tommyboa

Smash Cadet
P.S. Is there any way to download the skins all at once, and where do I put them?

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Hi so I was trying to create a Blue costume version of the Zombie wario costume because of something I found and tried to do it with the Smash 3 textures. I basically used photoshop to copy and paste the parts that were supposed to give his overalls the zombie look and this happened.
https://www.dropbox.com/home/wario?preview=ScreenCapture26.png
There's this huge blue line in the middle and I'm not sure if its because I copied and pasted one of the "Zombie effects" a little bit out of place or not.
Here's the two texture files for comparison While I'm at it, can I ask for some advice on coloring? I tried to use gimps color selection tool and then using the bucket to fill in the "Zombie effect" spots with the respective colors, but I feel like there's a more effective way to do it.

Sorry I'm a forum noob, I couldn't figure out how to just have picture previews.

Last edited:

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
P.S. Is there any way to download the skins all at once, and where do I put them?
There's no pack download so far that I know of, but here's a link to a Smash 3 and 3C PM 3.6 build if that helps: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210411

Otherwise, I'd highly recommend using Brawl Costume Manager: http://www.lakora.us/brawl/costumemanager/. It's very convenient to use with a user-friendly interface. If you'd rather put the costumes in manually, you'll be putting the pac and pcs files into projectm/pf/fighter/ and then the folder of whichever character it is.

In other news, progress on MGS1 Snake is going well:

Thanks to Ledge for sending me some uncompressed Snake textures to work with!

Last edited:

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
Hi so I was trying to create a Blue costume version of the Zombie wario costume because of something I found and tried to do it with the Smash 3 textures. I basically used photoshop to copy and paste the parts that were supposed to give his overalls the zombie look and this happened.
https://www.dropbox.com/home/wario?preview=ScreenCapture26.png
There's this huge blue line in the middle and I'm not sure if its because I copied and pasted one of the "Zombie effects" a little bit out of place or not.
Here's the two texture files for comparison While I'm at it, can I ask for some advice on coloring? I tried to use gimps color selection tool and then using the bucket to fill in the "Zombie effect" spots with the respective colors, but I feel like there's a more effective way to do it.

Sorry I'm a forum noob, I couldn't figure out how to just have picture previews.
The third link is formatted right, but the two before it are formatted in a way that only you can view them (it's set up to send to your images, but only on your homepage, not as an outgoing link, if that makes sense). For image previews, upload your images to an image hosting site such as Imgur, copy the image URL, click the "image" button above the comment box, and then paste it there.

As for recoloring, I'd recommend selecting the parts you want manually with the lasso tool, pasting them onto a separate layer, and using the color/hue adjusting options under "Enhance". And/or you can add color overlays.

On another topic, I think I'm getting pretty close to done with that MGS1 Snake.

I completely redid the back using Twin Snakes, MGS1 concept/promotional art, and Metal Gear Acid for reference after working off the original textures didn't work out. (Thanks to Ledge for reminding me Metal Gear Acid exists.) Getting the buckles on the back to look right took a little work, but I think it looks pretty good in-game now. Apart from adjusting the vest's color a bit, I can't think of anything major that needs changing. Anyone have any comments? Costructive criticism is very welcome.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
The third link is formatted right, but the two before it are formatted in a way that only you can view them (it's set up to send to your images, but only on your homepage, not as an outgoing link, if that makes sense). For image previews, upload your images to an image hosting site such as Imgur, copy the image URL, click the "image" button above the comment box, and then paste it there.

As for recoloring, I'd recommend selecting the parts you want manually with the lasso tool, pasting them onto a separate layer, and using the color/hue adjusting options under "Enhance". And/or you can add color overlays.

On another topic, I think I'm getting pretty close to done with that MGS1 Snake.

I completely redid the back using Twin Snakes, MGS1 concept/promotional art, and Metal Gear Acid for reference after working off the original textures didn't work out. (Thanks to Ledge for reminding me Metal Gear Acid exists.) Getting the buckles on the back to look right took a little work, but I think it looks pretty good in-game now. Apart from adjusting the vest's color a bit, I can't think of anything major that needs changing. Anyone have any comments? Costructive criticism is very welcome.
This looks amazing! You're doing a great job and you just barely joined Smash 3C, keep it up!

D

Deleted member

His butt looks weird in the second pic. Other than that, it looks great.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

The vest looks good, and the face does too. He still could stand to have his harness on his crotch and butt area redone; the belts are different between MGS1 and MGS2. His neck area might also need to be a little bit darker, as it kind of stands out from the rest of the vest right now. My only other suggestion would be to vertex the sneaking suit out some. In Twin Snakes/Acid, it's padded, compared to the skintight look from Brawl/MGS2.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman

Thanks for the advice on the images! I'll keep that in mind next time I want to post a picture.
I actually pretty much figured out what you advised for the recoloring on my own, just lasso tool and such. It didn't come out amazing, but its definitely a lot better than what I had hoped it to be so i'm happy.
Btw your Snake costume is amazing and I hope to add it to my build soon.

D

Deleted member

Use this for the scarf texture.
cap_scarf.png

Top Bottom