• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
A couple of days ago I showed progress on the Snake alt that Aghanim and I were working on, and now I'd like to show what will probably be the final render for it.

This alt is meant to resemble Snake's appearance in Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. His equipment in that game was quite a bit different than the sneaking suit from Brawl, so we tried to closer match it, though elements of Solid's suit do remain. If you're interested, you can compare the similarities and differences with this render. Unfortunately, the in-game version won't match the texture quality of this render, because we had a hard time getting everything to fit into the .pcs without crashing, so don't be surprised if it looks a bit different when you get a chance to use it!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
A couple of days ago I showed progress on the Snake alt that Aghanim and I were working on, and now I'd like to show what will probably be the final render for it.

This alt is meant to resemble Snake's appearance in Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. His equipment in that game was quite a bit different than the sneaking suit from Brawl, so we tried to closer match it, though elements of Solid's suit do remain. If you're interested, you can compare the similarities and differences with this render. Unfortunately, the in-game version won't match the texture quality of this render, because we had a hard time getting everything to fit into the .pcs without crashing, so don't be surprised if it looks a bit different when you get a chance to use it!
Oh my GOOOOOODDDDD! Sexy. So what about the alt costume for project m?

Also, wolf now has 12 costumes instead of 14. Luckily i finished them. The last one is a alt costume. Guess it.

Juken

Smash Ace

The fading on his shoulders look funny.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
...... Asault Wolf? Cause i really like Wolf's Assault design
Oh, soon i might make that. IDK.
Also, the alt costume is the Fox Cosplay costume. Not only does it look like fox, but removes shoulder pads and pirate eye patch.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

"I'm on my way!"
The alt costume of Wolf! I removed the shoulder pads, and the pirate eye patch. Now you can say hes a clone!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

"I'm on my way!"
The alt costume of Wolf! I removed the shoulder pads, and the pirate eye patch. Now you can say hes a clone!
Oh that is rad. I'd still love to see one with the eye patch still on, though.

The OP update is ready, guys. But I can't post it just yet! My main man kazan is unable to keep this thread updated because of life stealing all his time, so unless we find a way to edit the OP, I'm going to have to make a new thread. Until then, here is Snake playing the air guitar.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
nice job! it looks really good
Oh yeah, also smash 3 ifying assualt wolf. From the vault. Also, gonna include that, so thats 13 cbliss slots...
Also, i was thinking of making a smash 3 free riders sonic... If anybody can help with that, i will be glad.

Last edited:

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
The OP update is ready, guys. But I can't post it just yet! My main man kazan is unable to keep this thread updated because of life stealing all his time, so unless we find a way to edit the OP, I'm going to have to make a new thread. Until then, here is Snake playing the air guitar.
radical espionage action.

Juken

Smash Ace
Couldn't a moderator copy and paste the new OP and edit it into the current if you can get a hold of them?

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Here it finally is!

Mr. L has received all new textures, brand new high-quality CSPs, and - go ahead and check - every PM color coming in 3.6! He's even had his expressions fixed!

Boshi has received some updated textures in addition to a better render and CSPs.

It's three alts in one! If you used any of these three outfits before, it's worth redownloading now. The CSPs have been updated and are much higher quality, and all have been vertexed to remove holes and other issues.

The Icies have been completely redone, with detailed fur and all-new spec maps, in addition to high quality CSPs! It includes four colors altogether, mostly based on types of bears.

Link has been totally redone, with new textures and two new alts! One is based on Dark Link, while another gives Link a new set of golden gauntlets and a mirror shield.

Dedede has gotten higher-resolution textures, and has had his back logo reverted to the bunny for consistency. He's also gotten some much nicer CSPs.

Fox has received much-improved textures and a brand new set of CSPs!

Snake has been updated with a much more Smash 3-style face and set of eyeballs, as well as an improved version of his MPO-inspired alt. And of course, new CSPs!

Jet Set Sonic has been redone with new textures and new spec maps! The text on his shirt has been changed to better match Beat's original, and now says "speed." Additionally he has two CSPs - one which perfectly matches Smash 3's and another that matches PM's pose.

Pirate Wolf hasn't received any changes, but he has received a much nicer set of CSPs!

Even R.O.B., who hasn't even received new CSPs because they were already matching, has gotten new renders for use in artwork:

But what about brand new costumes altogether?! We've got a couple of Fire Emblem characters for that!

It's Project M's own Holy War Marth! Retextured completely from scratch, with several new alternate colors! Includes two sets of CSPs that match the Brawl and PM poses.

It's Ike's Hector-inspired alt from Project M! All costumes redone, with two sets of CSPs, like Holy War Marth. His cape emblem was also changed to match Ranger Ike's for consistency, and because the stitching on that texture was higher quality.

I hope you guys enjoy what many of us have been working on, and there's more to come very soon! Many of the entries in the OP have been removed, but they will be back once they are redone at a similar level of quality. Here is a look at the PM progress chart for now.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Dear god, that's some beautiful stuff. If Kazan is cool with it, a mod can just give you ownership of the OP.

It's how I got the Alt Thread's OP.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Dear god, that's some beautiful stuff. If Kazan is cool with it, a mod can just give you ownership of the OP.

It's how I got the Alt Thread's OP.
Thanks, I think everyone who has been working on this appreciates that! And yeah, that is what we ended up doing, thanks to Shadic. I'll have ownership of the OP until kazan has more free time.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Thanks, I think everyone who has been working on this appreciates that! And yeah, that is what we ended up doing, thanks to Shadic. I'll have ownership of the OP until kazan has more free time.
Classic Doof. I'm glad Mods are able to do that.

I still get a kick out of the fact that my OP's post date took place before I even joined SmashBoards.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Here it finally is!

Mr. L has received all new textures, brand new high-quality CSPs, and - go ahead and check - every PM color coming in 3.6! He's even had his expressions fixed!

Boshi has received some updated textures in addition to a better render and CSPs.

It's three alts in one! If you used any of these three outfits before, it's worth redownloading now. The CSPs have been updated and are much higher quality, and all have been vertexed to remove holes and other issues.

The Icies have been completely redone, with detailed fur and all-new spec maps, in addition to high quality CSPs! It includes four colors altogether, mostly based on types of bears.

Link has been totally redone, with new textures and two new alts! One is based on Dark Link, while another gives Link a new set of golden gauntlets and a mirror shield.

Dedede has gotten higher-resolution textures, and has had his back logo reverted to the bunny for consistency. He's also gotten some much nicer CSPs.

Fox has received much-improved textures and a brand new set of CSPs!

Snake has been updated with a much more Smash 3-style face and set of eyeballs, as well as an improved version of his MPO-inspired alt. And of course, new CSPs!

Jet Set Sonic has been redone with new textures and new spec maps! The text on his shirt has been changed to better match Beat's original, and now says "speed." Additionally he has two CSPs - one which perfectly matches Smash 3's and another that matches PM's pose.

Pirate Wolf hasn't received any changes, but he has received a much nicer set of CSPs!

Even R.O.B., who hasn't even received new CSPs because they were already matching, has gotten new renders for use in artwork:

But what about brand new costumes altogether?! We've got a couple of Fire Emblem characters for that!

It's Project M's own Holy War Marth! Retextured completely from scratch, with several new alternate colors! Includes two sets of CSPs that match the Brawl and PM poses.

It's Ike's Hector-inspired alt from Project M! All costumes redone, with two sets of CSPs, like Holy War Marth. His cape emblem was also changed to match Ranger Ike's for consistency, and because the stitching on that texture was higher quality.

I hope you guys enjoy what many of us have been working on, and there's more to come very soon! Many of the entries in the OP have been removed, but they will be back once they are redone at a similar level of quality. Here is a look at the PM progress chart for now.

My word, it's all so beautiful.... I must download all of those updates!

Speaking of updates, I owe @ Wing Zero Wing Zero an apology. I started working on Awakening Marth for a bit, but attempting to follow the Smash 3 texture tutorial has been taking me a long time, and then life things started happening (good things, but also time consuming). The point is that I'm sorry I got delayed for so long without saying anything. If you would still like the progress I have made, then you're more than welcome, or I'll eventually get what I can done once I have the time.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
2 things Ledgerwskie
-Holy war Marth is not in the OP and doesn't have previews.
-Fox's previews on brawl vault has not been updated.
Just wanted to make sure you know.

Anyway, OMG!!!! HOLY WAR MARTH LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! AHH! Wing Zero extended the pattern of the flowers to his whole body and you gave him white gloves which look amazing! and those renders.....gah! Amazing stuff. Like for real. Everything else is also amazing! Loving all the new Renders!

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
2 things Ledgerwskie
-Holy war Marth is not in the OP and doesn't have previews.
-Fox's previews on brawl vault has not been updated.
Just wanted to make sure you know.

Anyway, OMG!!!! HOLY WAR MARTH LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! AHH! You extended the pattern of the flowers to his whole body and you gave him white gloves which look amazing! and those renders.....gah! Amazing stuff. Like for real. Everything else is also amazing! Loving all the new Renders!
Edit: everything is fixed now!

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Just one notice for everyone: A lot of this stuff is still likely going to be updated again when Smash 3 and/or 3.6 is released. We just wanted to share this since we've been sitting on it. I am especially going to update Fox and Falco, along with making Butterfly Knight version 2 (although I'll keep version 1 up an running and update that as well).

Look forward to the 3.6 update chart as well (hopefully it will include Brawl Marth lol)

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
NO WAY! @ Wing Zero Wing Zero Is that Ice Prince Holy War Marth?!?!?! Because if it is, THAT IS AWESOME! It's so cool to see that you took inspiration from me!! And if it isn't, well IT LOOKS FREAKING GORGEOUS! GAH! excellent job on Holy War Marth Layell, Crixler, Ledgerweskie, and Wing Zero! These look freaking amazing!

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Uh, @ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie , the Shogun Dedede download wasn't actually updated EDIT: Neither were the Polar Bear Climbers. Other than that, these costumes look great and I am very happy to see quality control for this project.

Last edited:

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
amazing work guys, you're all pretty good!

@ NinfanNanz NinfanNanz , first of all, thanks a lot for your support and your undying marth hype! as for that certain recolor, sorry to say but i haven't heard of that, and i suppose you haven't heard of guilty gear either. again, i appreciate your words!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I know Guilty Gear, but haven't see much of it. I see the design now. Very clever. I made a recolor of the old Smash 3 Marth when it came out.
The colors are extremely similar, so I thought you took from me. Little did I know that it was so similar to Ky's color scheme.
And thank you for your excellent work! :p yea, I am a bit of Marth fanatic.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
@ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie More things ( Sorry about all the rapid posting! >~<)
Fox isn't clickable in the OP and the brawl vault link still gives us the old Smash 3C Melee Fox.
Thanks for updating and sorry about pestering you with all these fixes.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
@ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie More things ( Sorry about all the rapid posting! >~<)
Fox isn't clickable in the OP and the brawl vault link still gives us the old Smash 3C Melee Fox.
Thanks for updating and sorry about pestering you with all these fixes.
Thanks, I do appreciate you noticing these things for me. I hope that's the last thing I messed up on.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Smash 3 Luigi default color PAC is 2,358 KB while the rest 1,334 KB. 2 of the textures aren't in CMPR format, I think that is what is causing the issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom