• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The SFX aren't a problem but it's the moveset.
Hmmm... so it's only the motion file giving you problems then. Either we can brute force it by comparing it with the Motion file provided by the PMDT in 3.6 full or we can try transferring the custom assets (like textures, for example) to a PM motion file for sonic. My gut says that it's a missing animation or something.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Hmmm... so it's only the motion file giving you problems then. Either we can brute force it by comparing it with the Motion file provided by the PMDT in 3.6 full or we can try transferring the custom assets (like textures, for example) to a PM motion file for sonic. My gut says that it's a missing animation or something.
Replacing the runtrails in 3.6 tends to make them call up the default one.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I would check the UV's on the gloves, you could probably make the red line straight on the model (it just won't be a straight line on the texture).

Go to the model in brawlbox open up materials, and find one of the body ones that references the gloves.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
So, in my ongoing quest to create the most Generations-esque texture possible for Brawl Sonic, it occurred to me that an acceptable shade of a blue already exists...in Jet Set Sonic.
00000000-61.png
To whomever managed to make him that shade of blue, I salute you. However, when I transplant that texture onto S3C Brawl Sonic, the result is on the right. To be fair, I'm terrible at this texture stuff and spent a solid 90 minutes pouring over every little pixel before testing it out. I also gave him Env01-04 as well as the head and body masks.

Now, because I know I didn't screw up, I figure JS has a different set of specs and invisible lights dangling about him because his textures aren't even that blue! Would someone care to explain how that works?

Attachments

Cahalan

Smash Ace
So, in my ongoing quest to create the most Generations-esque texture possible for Brawl Sonic, it occurred to me that an acceptable shade of a blue already exists...in Jet Set Sonic.
To whomever managed to make him that shade of blue, I salute you. However, when I transplant that texture onto S3C Brawl Sonic, the result is on the right. To be fair, I'm terrible at this texture stuff and spent a solid 90 minutes pouring over every little pixel before testing it out. I also gave him Env01-04 as well as the head and body masks.

Now, because I know I didn't screw up, I figure JS has a different set of specs and invisible lights dangling about him because his textures aren't even that blue! Would someone care to explain how that works?
Applying my knowledge from looking at stage lighting, the shaders on the Jet Set outfit make the shades of blue darker. Check that materials color values on the Jet Set model and compare it to the Smash 3 Brawl Sonic to see if this is somewhat true..

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Applying my knowledge from looking at stage lighting, the shaders on the Jet Set outfit make the shades of blue darker. Check that materials color values on the Jet Set model and compare it to the Smash 3 Brawl Sonic to see if this is somewhat true..
Screenshot (17).png
So the mesh or matrix or whatever it's called is different on a thing or two. I tried exporting and replacing the material thinking that would be an easy fix, but nothing changed. There's also a few differences in the list of values that I don't understand in the materials as well. The same can be said for shaders.

This is frustrating and confusing. Is there a solid tutorial on this somewhere? It'd be really nice to have some sort of understanding in regards to what I'm tampering with.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

Check the color nodes.

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Does the blue kanji on the shoes glow in their source game, because if it's possible to make the kanji on the shoes glow, the costume would pop in dimly lit areas. Although as it is it still looks awesome either way. :)
Funny enough
I was thinking of asking Program to make the Shoes glow
Not sure tho

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Yo

PM style poses for the ROB alts have been uploaded, since these costumes are more semi-alts in nature we're going to stick with the original pose as the presentation one. But in any case here they are for you to enjoy! No big render or wallpapers, but if you really want some I suppose like this post or something to show support???

(also for those that do want matching poses for every CSP... THEY ARE A PAIN TO MAKE, seriously go hug everyone who makes matching renders, it's not easy).

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Yo

PM style poses for the ROB alts have been uploaded, since these costumes are more semi-alts in nature we're going to stick with the original pose as the presentation one. But in any case here they are for you to enjoy! No big render or wallpapers, but if you really want some I suppose like this post or something to show support???

(also for those that do want matching poses for every CSP... THEY ARE A PAIN TO MAKE, seriously go hug everyone who makes matching renders, it's not easy).
*sending virtual hug*......................*virtual hug, sent!* seriously though I agree with you especially if they costumes are totally different

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I hate hugs. If I ever do a matching render, (probably not) I'd much rather a firm handshake, a fist-bawmp, or at least direct eye-contact for half a second.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
eyyy that looks pretty awesome! I can't wait to put it in and the totally forget project M has other modes besides multiplayer smash.

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
So after messing around with the models for a while...I don't think I'll be able to have a Generations Style Jet Hawk Sonic Alt, but hey, I have some screenshots of some other Sonic stuff I'm doing!
al_160121_1633.bin.out.jpg al_160121_1638.bin.out.jpg

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I don't get it.
Joke Attempt #1: "Me neither. I have no idea of what Im doing."

Joke Attempt #2: "Im a jack of all trades. Oh wait... Im not allowed to say that yet. Quote this for when its needed."

Joke Attempt #3: *Opens witty responses book* *All of my options where too offensive to use*

Joke Attempt #4: *Sarcasm doesn't translate well in written form*

I got nothing. Im loosing my flair.

Edit: I think option #1 would had been a great pick now that I think about it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom