• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Emélie De Rochèfort

Smash Rookie
Obviously custom boxes are the future of S3C.

also to add some more:

Glad you like it, I realized I had gotten to a point where I could faithfully create Brawl Marth, and with all those spare Sigurd slots now seemed as good a time as any! He'll be out when he's ready but for now I have another little preview. My colour slots are the 6 PM colours (with purple served with some slight cyan/silver blue to function as a blue costume), but I have never been happy with the Brawl red costume so I also made this:

It's much more red and also matches red Roy, one of my favourite team costumes, but on the advice of a certain S3C team member it ended up being based on Marth's wife Caeda's original outfit: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/b/b6/Caeda_(FE3_Artwork).png/revision/latest?cb=20140119075753

It also shows a few things I took on for Brawl Marth that wasn't outright stolen from S3 Marth/Roy. Namely Marth's design on the gold trim and vest, and some better look at the glove. While Mach5Mike's Marth was servicable it was those small things that were from the Brawl model directly that made me want to take my own jab at it.

That is good to know. I also did not like Red Marth,so that is a must have for me. Fun Fact : I ship RoyXMarth :3 Thank you! By the way,Guys I've started to work on my own textures in a Smash 3 style. My Specialty will be Youtubers' Textures,but If I have any interest on something other than that I may do it. PKSparkxx Mario and SuperGirl Kels Sonic are already on the list. If you have a suggestion involving a Youtuber's Smash Texture,feel free to inform me about your request. I'll approve and start working on it.I'll leave some pictures of PKSparkxx and SuperGirl Kels below :

PKSparkxx :

SuperGirl Kels :

P.S. It is not decided,If her shoes will be the SOAP ones or Modern Sonic's.
P.S.S. I am thinking of adding some other alternate costumes she uses in her Video Clips. I will not go into detail about them,because anyone can check them out on their own. Search: SuperGirl Kels - Liberty Walk to see some of them

I'll be silent about my work and If I need help or someone to test them out,I am going to ask for it. Thank you! I also apologize about this huge wall of text.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Since agariam is doing shadow, im gonna drop out for shadow. hes doing it well and i cant seem to get it right, plus, im kinda busy... Might as well take some requests from you guys, just PM me for a request.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Is there a reason for his neck being entirely orange? I've noticed it's that way in Smash 4 as well, but I've never known why.
That's just the colour that happens when his skin colour is shaded.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I'm reposting this from the Smash 3 thread so anyone who wants it can download it.

(Updated 03/30/15: Added Smash 3C Dry Bowser)

Smash 3C Only Album | General Album
Notes:
Mario: Dr. Mario Smash 3 textures and fixed Mario Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
Link: Fixed Link Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim, Smash 3C OoT Link alts
Yoshi: Fixed Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
Ness: Purple recolor replaced with Smash 3 teal recolor
Pikachu: Baseball cap Pikachu replaced with Smash 3 Shadow Pikachu (Courtesy of Theytah)
Captain Falcon: no current replacement for N64 recolor and classic alt
Peach: Fixed smash 3 recolors and Shadow Queen peach courtesy of Aghanim
Zelda: OoT Zelda replaced with white Smash 3 recolor
Sheik: OoT Sheik replaced with orange and blue recolor
Marth: Regal Marth Alts replaced with Smash 3C brawl marth
Ganondorf: OoT Ganondorf textures replaced with Smash 3 extra recolors
Metaknight: Broken mask alt replaced with Smash 3 Mirror's Minion
Pit: Retro Pit alt replaced with Smash 3 pink recolor
Olimar: Replaced his purple recolor with the President Smash 3 recolor
Ike: Lord Ike alts replaced with Smash 3 Chrom Ike, Black Knight Ike, and Smash 3C Updated Ike textures
Roy: Alt recolor replaced with Smash 3 Master Lord Roy (Courtesy of Crixler)

(Updated 03/30/15: Replaced SMG4 Mario with Teal SSB4 recolor and replaced Green Doc with Luigi Mario)

Smash 3 Only Album | General Album
Album
Notes:
*signifies different from Smash 3C build
*Mario: Fixed Mario Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim; Red Doc replaced with Flower Power alt, Defualt Doc replaced with Yellow Brawl recolor, Black Doc replaced with Mario of Stars recolor, Green Doc replaced with Luigi Mario (courtesy of Damonj17), Blue Doc replaced with Teal Sm4sh recolor (courtesy of ledgerewskie)
*Link: Fixed Smash 3 Textures courtesy of Aghanim, Smash 3C Green and Red OoT Link, Blue OoT Link replaced with Ravio's Garb recolor, Black OoT Link replaced with Twili Tunic recolor
Yoshi: Fixed Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
*Fox: Melee fox alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
*Ness: Pajama Ness alts replaced with Smash 3 Recolors and B&W Ness (Courtesy of Morian)
Pikachu: Baseball cap Pikachu replaced with Smash 3 Shadow Pikachu (Courtesy of Theytah)
*Luigi: Mr. L alt replaced with CBliss Green recolor
Captain Falcon: no current replacement for N64 recolor and classic alt
Bowser: Dry Bowser replaced with dark Smash 3 recolor
Peach: Fixed smash 3 recolors and Shadow Queen peach courtesy of Aghanim
Zelda: OoT Zelda replaced with white Smash 3 recolor
Sheik: OoT Sheik replaced with orange and blue recolor
Ice Climbers: Polar Ice Climbers alt replaced with Unbreakable Bond recolor
*Marth: Alts replaced with Smash 3 Devil May Cry, Regal Marth, Marth's Samurai Showdown, and Brawl Teal
*Falco: Melee Falco alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
Ganondorf: OoT Ganondorf textures replaced with Smash 3 extra recolors
Metaknight: Broken mask alt replaced with Smash 3 Mirror's Minion and Concept art alt replaced with Whisping Winds recolor
Pit: Retro Pit alt replaced with Smash 3 pink recolor
Olimar: Replaced his purple recolor with the President Smash 3 recolor
*Lucas: Lucas alt replaced with brown recolor
*Mewtwo: Armor mewtwo alts replaced with recolors
*Dedede: Regular and green Shogun alts replaced with light blue and black recolors
*Lucario: Karate(?) Lucario alts replaced with Blucario and Not Quite Legendary recolors
Ike: Lord Ike alts replaced with Smash 3 Chrom Ike, Black Knight Ike, and Smash 3C Updated Ike textures
*Rob: Virtual Boy ROB replaced with Smash 3 Virtual Boy recolor
Roy: Alt recolor replaced with Smash 3 Master Lord Roy (Courtesy of Crixler)
*Toon Link: Outset alts replaced with Wind Sage Tunic, Manga Shadow Link, and Ganondorf Tunic recolors
*Wolf: Pirate alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
*Sonic: Jet Set alt replaced with Smash 3 Brawl Gray recolor

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2fhtn85ujygj7lk/AADV9-Uz1DsOpdUtUSzsbCY2a?dl=0
So you thought i would go outside and say im busy, asking me if my smash 3c semi-alt sonic is dead? True.

You have been fooled, Spencer NEVER EVER goes outside! In other words, the smash 3c sonic PM semi-alts are NOT dead, they got a HUGE upgrade. Now every semi alt has Smash 3 ENVS, recolored eyes, smash 3 spheres, and a bug that was fixed is the tails model doesnt crash anymore.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I feel like my semi alts are being ignored.

*_*
I honestly think it would help if you posted some images. No offence, I just don't want to have to test them individually in my own build to see how the textures look.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Yeah, I knew about the codex one, which is super sleek. Just

I honestly think it would help if you posted some images. No offence, I just don't want to have to test them individually in my own build to see how the textures look.
Ill post them tomarrow.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
PB7 a lot of us are not paying attention because while you have shown a lot of enthusiasm you have demonstrated little to no actual texture effort on your work. You want all the recognition for work but not the effort and talent it takes to get there. Some have given you some helpful advice but you have ignored it. Stop ignoring actual advice, you are not working at the level of artistic ability you think you are. I took the time to look at some of your stuff. I'm not even sure why you felt the env stuff needed to be added, the s3 rim lighting is really enough for style consistency. Also speaking of consistency

The clash of style here is just tremendous, you have Knuckles giant trophy shoes and S3 Sonic. No retexture work was even done on the shoes and they sorely need new textures to match. You also made the socks the lime green which looks straight out of paints default colours. It is not a good match, it's an eyesore. Your sphere texture is also not Smash 3 in style it is a single block of colour, those sphere textures do actually have detail and it has made a difference.

These projects take time and talent, I have been doing pixel art for years and I am having lots of fun doing texture work now too. I have done pixel work for close to a decade, and only some of it has passed onto texturing. I still feel I have a lot to learn on this front. But I have a good idea of what I have to do to get to that point PB7 it worries me you don't actually realize how much more you need to learn. Take a good look at Taiko's tutorial, use photoshop use it a lot. Look at some of the Smash 3 PSD's and see what you can learn.

Now I don't think I've posted this but..

Here we have two species of Marth in their natural habitat, and distinct enough you can play against both and not get lost in the fight!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
PB7 a lot of us are not paying attention because while you have shown a lot of enthusiasm you have demonstrated little to no actual texture effort on your work. You want all the recognition for work but not the effort and talent it takes to get there. Some have given you some helpful advice but you have ignored it. Stop ignoring actual advice, you are not working at the level of artistic ability you think you are. I took the time to look at some of your stuff. I'm not even sure why you felt the env stuff needed to be added, the s3 rim lighting is really enough for style consistency. Also speaking of consistency

The clash of style here is just tremendous, you have Knuckles giant trophy shoes and S3 Sonic. No retexture work was even done on the shoes and they sorely need new textures to match. You also made the socks the lime green which looks straight out of paints default colours. It is not a good match, it's an eyesore. Your sphere texture is also not Smash 3 in style it is a single block of colour, those sphere textures do actually have detail and it has made a difference.

These projects take time and talent, I have been doing pixel art for years and I am having lots of fun doing texture work now too. I have done pixel work for close to a decade, and only some of it has passed onto texturing. I still feel I have a lot to learn on this front. But I have a good idea of what I have to do to get to that point PB7 it worries me you don't actually realize how much more you need to learn. Take a good look at Taiko's tutorial, use photoshop use it a lot. Look at some of the Smash 3 PSD's and see what you can learn.
First of all, i didnt take the shoes, some user on the vault did, so i used it as a base. And the original smash 3 spheres are also one block of color. Besides, i cant offord photoshop, and i had to put the envs because people wanted me to, and i havent started on texture work yet today. I already tried looking at Taikos tutorial, and its hard to understand because theres no gimp, and my photoshop trial ended, so its harder to understand the tutorial. And i cant rimlight, i dont know how to do it, plus, i looked at scouts tutorial so i tried and guess what? Fail, fail,fail.And, dont just critic knuckles, critic the rest. And might sound off topic but im 13. And if you looked at my Mars, Minty and Marirtime sonic,they look great, because its actually finished, but theres more i made that were sucessful. Its hard to work on smash 3 textures like this, and i just got back to working on the semi alts.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
And might sound off topic but im 13.
The guy who made the Ridley mod is 14(?). If you're going to put your stuff out there you need to be able to take criticism. Excuses don't get you anywhere in life, better you learn that now.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I do try to take criticism, and i dont think excuses get me anywhere. Besides, the semi-alts arent even ready yet.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
It's the Knuckles shoes from his brawl trophy, and it would be very well possible to make good stuff it's all dedication. Taking Pichu then the next day quitting isn't dedication.

Here is a way to download CS2: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-get-photoshop-for-free/#!zXQLP

S3 Sonic Sphere:

Your Knuckles alt:

I would very much love to see you do high level work, but it takes practice. You can get there if you remain dedicated. You asked for comments and I gave you them. Feel free to give a final version, I may very well take a look as well.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
It's the Knuckles shoes from his brawl trophy, and it would be very well possible to make good stuff it's all dedication. Taking Pichu then the next day quitting isn't dedication.

Here is a way to download CS2: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-get-photoshop-for-free/#!zXQLP

S3 Sonic Sphere:

Your Knuckles alt:

I would very much love to see you do high level work, but it takes practice. You can get there if you remain dedicated. You asked for comments and I gave you them. Feel free to give a final version, I may very well take a look as well.
Not that S3 sphere, the old one was like a block of color too.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Still beautiful work being made by talented people who were inspired by other talented people who were inspired by professional Japanese people.

Ily the Smash 3 team and by extension you sexy Smash 3C contributors. Thx for making my hobby look so pretty. <3

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Still beautiful work being made from talented people inspired by other talented people inspired by professional Japanese people.

Ily the Smash 3 team and by extension you sexy Smash 3C contributors. Thx for making my hobby look so pretty. <3
It be intresting if somebody made a smash 3 costume of your profile pic.
BTW, am i talented? Becuz i think everyone here is talented.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
It be intresting if somebody made a smash 3 costume of your profile pic.
BTW, am i talented? Becuz i think everyone here is talented.
I return to this thread after months of absence, and I'm suddenly asked to deem someone whom I've never talked to before talented or not talented. Well, after skimming through the pretenses of your question, I've come up with an answer. But I honestly think that this is a personal matter. So I'll spoiler my response, and beyond that it might be best if we left this thread to be an oasis of gorgeous textures, and nothing more. Kapeesh?
Of course you're talented. As corny as it may be, what every overly protective mom tells their kid is true. Everyone has a talent. And if expressing yourself artistically through Smash textures is something that you feel passionate about, then it certainly has the potential to be your niche. Obviously I haven't seen your work, so I'm not in the position to discern whether or not it's quality. But experiences such as this are learning situations. They're about improvement overtime. You don't dump the batter and expect an instant pancake. (Unless you're Paula Deen.. and screw Paula Deen.) I don't know why you've become so worried about this. The approval of others on the internet isn't something you should strive for, in my honest opinion. Give this your best shot, embrace this community and learn from it, contribute to it. As cheesy as that is, it's admittedly what makes this in-depth type of modding brilliant, Project M especially. You yourself can make something you and others can enjoy. So give it a try, and give yourself time to progress. Don't constantly seek approval, that's nonsense. If you don't feel it, that's fine. You gave it a shot. And that's pretty cool.

Holy shet I typed more than I meant to. I hope this helps, just keep things like this out of the threads.

:047:

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Thanks for replying PsyKid, it actually kinda helped. Oh, and BTW, a few hours ago or so, i made the visual fixes listed on the bottom:
- Grabbed the Smash 3c shadow and made it look better by darkening the fur, and making the shoes look much better.
-Silvers skin, shoes and rings are now smash 3ified
- Made knuckles socks look much better, no paint. And the shoes kinda look better as well.
-Knuckles, Espio, and Silver now have the new Smash 3 spheres

Now, it would be great if somebody would rimlight the models, that would definitly look better.
EDIT:Oops! Forgot download link. Here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2fhtn85ujygj7lk/AADV9-Uz1DsOpdUtUSzsbCY2a?dl=0

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

Layell has finally finished re-texturing the Brawl model of Marth, with a serving of extra hotness. There's even an extra red costume based on a certain sexy Fire Emblem character. Oh my!

Click the previews for the imgur album!

The Smash 3 Team isn't planning on updating Ike's Brawl model to the new art style, so here is a Smash 3C version! It uses the same renders as the original, but the textures have all been changed, and there's an additional purple costume included! The Smash 3 Lord costume is in as well.

Here's the imgur album with more screenshots!

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

Layell has finally finished re-texturing the Brawl model of Marth, with a serving of extra hotness. There's even an extra red costume based on a certain sexy Fire Emblem character. Oh my!

Click the previews for the imgur album!

The Smash 3 Team isn't planning on updating Ike's Brawl model to the new art style, so here is a Smash 3C version! It uses the same renders as the original, but the textures have all been changed, and there's an additional purple costume included! The Smash 3 Lord costume is in as well.

Here's the imgur album with more screenshots!
Oh my Hylia, Din, Nayru and Farore... Marth and Ike (and especially Marth) look... beautiful :_D Also, thank you guys so much for crediting me on the Marth model, I definitely wasn't expecting that; I'm just happy that Brawl Marth in the Smash 3 style was finally able to be realized to its greatest potential, you guys have no idea how happy you've made me today :D Thanks again for all of the amazing work S3C Team!

Top Bottom