• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Obskore

Smash Ace
so, PSDs when? i want to make proper PM recolors of the Pokemon Trio

edit: sorry if i sound entitled, don't really mean to

Last edited:

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
"So what's next? Well you can expect an official build soon! We'll be posting more details later, but expect an easy install that doesn't muck with your ASL or music changes, and it might even support some of the more popular PM mods."

OOOOHHH YEAAAHH i am fired up!! :kirby:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Hello! Big smash3C/Smash3 fan here. Are all these skins tourney legal?
You might want to avoid Toon Zelda, Raichu, Mega Lucario, Shadow Mewtwo, and S3 Armor Mewtwo. Some would argue that S3 Mewtwo, Ike, and Bowser slightly alter hitboxes/hurtboxes but I've never had an issue with the last two.

So to answer your question, mostly yes.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I don't know for sure if the model edits make the costumes not tourney legal, but if you wanted to be safe about it you could use the Brawl model costumes. Besides that I think that the other Smash 3 costumes should be tourney legal.

ArchduchessApricot

Smash Rookie
You might want to avoid Toon Zelda, Raichu, Mega Lucario, Shadow Mewtwo, and S3 Armor Mewtwo. Some would argue that S3 Mewtwo, Ike, and Bowser slightly alter hitboxes/hurtboxes but I've never had an issue with the last two.

So to answer your question, mostly yes.
Alright, I've already passed on the more obvious ones like the first 3. PM Mewtwo is fine? And I'll just leave the regular dry bowser then.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Hitboxes and such aren't altered as long as the base skeleton isn't touched (bones moved to the end of the bone array are a exception since they don't alter anything), and AFAIK no Smash 3C costumes have such changes.

S3 Mewtwo just has thicker legs than PM Mewtwo. It's not like Kirby over Dedede or other crazy stuff like that. If anything it's like default Samus costume vs Fusion costume, with the Fusion alt lacking the large shoulder spheres from the default costume, and I don't think anybody has a problem with that.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Smash 3's are tourney legal.

Almost all of smash 3c's as well. It is all how a model operates under a certain moveset. (a peach without her dress{biker peach} for example will make visualy recognizing her down smash a bit harder)

DrY bowey, all of samuses so far, the capts, the roys, the metas, the lugi and robs, many more model's are optimized with this perspective, making most of your tourney tastes perfectly legal.

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Hitboxes and such aren't altered as long as the base skeleton isn't touched (bones moved to the end of the bone array are a exception since they don't alter anything), and AFAIK no Smash 3C costumes have such changes.

S3 Mewtwo just has thicker legs than PM Mewtwo. It's not like Kirby over Dedede or other crazy stuff like that. If anything it's like default Samus costume vs Fusion costume, with the Fusion alt lacking the large shoulder spheres from the default costume, and I don't think anybody has a problem with that.
This guy knows.:shades::shades:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I thought you guys might like to see some progress on the build. For now, take a look at the CSS! These are Wii-sized textures - no Dolphin replacement. Pretty nice, huh?! You can thank based @Ondo for that.
00000000-41.png

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I think it is using cBliss, so it can have 10 costumes for all characters without overriding. The data can store up to 14, although that requires sharing assets. Someone's (Idk who) is working on a code that allows for 20 costumes without overriding images, but that's still a wip.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Here's another thing that will be exclusive to the build, at least for now. Lucas's logos are no longer mirrored onto the back of his shirt!
00000000-96.png
00000000-97.png

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
If I don't wanna install it as an addon can I just drag n' drop the pf folder like before?

TurretGunZ

Smash Rookie
Do you plan on doing anything else like stages or items like Assist Trophy's or Pokemon? Or even Bosses?

TheBirdSolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBirdSolution
THIS IS AWESOME *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

Been quietly stalking the discord for the past few days (sorry lads!) and the hype for this pack is just unbelievable. Can't wait to install it! Just a quick question, does anyone have a link to the PMEX build with the two purple lads or is that something I have to try and make myself? If so, how hard is it?

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
THIS IS AWESOME *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

Been quietly stalking the discord for the past few days (sorry lads!) and the hype for this pack is just unbelievable. Can't wait to install it! Just a quick question, does anyone have a link to the PMEX build with the two purple lads or is that something I have to try and make myself? If so, how hard is it?
by purple lads, do you mean waluigi and ridley?

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Yup. Probably should have specified that :D (although purple lads is now what I'm calling any Waluigi/Ridley doubles teams)
Right now I'm making a personal build with them in it just for this pack, I just gotta add waluigi and expand the costume slots.

Edit: I was looking in the MenSelChar and it had the Forbidden 3, i guess S3C lite is pmcc ready too. Cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom