• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Sorry to resurrect the whole "An alternate for Roy" thing again, but I came across this concept art of Roy in a source gaming article (Character Choice: Melee) :

It looks to be at least more feasible to do time-wise from an objective point of view...

On more relevant things, how's everything coming along on costumes you guys have been hyped about releasing?

Last edited:

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Don't know what makes you say it's objectively feasible time-wise related to other choices, as it looks to be about as much work as any other alt costume

That said, it still looks like it would make for a neat project

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Don't know what makes you say it's objectively feasible time-wise related to other choices, as it looks to be about as much work as any other alt costume

That said, it still looks like it would make for a neat project
I say it may take less time (objectively) to create because we're not trying to recreate the Awakening Alt. (PM's or FE:A's from scratch) and that Roy's default/Blue team costume is the closest base to start off with to make this Alt.

The differences I noticed between the concept art and the default costume so far:
Chest armor has a gemstone in the center
The gloves seem to be new and have some armor
The boots seem different as well
The under-armor is new too
The cape is blue instead of purple on one side
The hair is more untamed (will probably take the most time)

And as a personal reason, why should meta-knight have all of the concept art goodness to himself?

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Not sure what happened to the eyes.
00000000-67.png

Edit: How to aggravate your local snobby spacey mains:
00000000-68.png

Fox over Falco and Falco over Fox.

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Looks good. There's more of my recolors you can base your mewtwos off of besides my Galactic armor as long as you mention me on them all.
Thanks and the Galactic one is the only one I'm basing off of yours, the rest are purely original made by me, also yours are great, I'd use them but I like the Smash 3 style better which is why I'm making these

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Cynapse, everything you make is beautiful.
Thanks, but I'm just fidgeting with what others have already put together rather than making anything new. It's more like enhancing.
00000000-69.png
Smash 3 ****** Giga over Bowser.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Plenty more where those came from. I'm debating whether to release them individually or in a pack, and whether to do recolors now or later. I want to do Wario Kong and Mecha Ganon, but the former has a broken link and the latter freezes the game :(
I'm trying to figure out if that's over Ike, Marth, or Link.
Ike.
Also, ProjectBrawl7 ProjectBrawl7 and @Mach 7.6 just put out one of the dopest Shadows I've seen. I do hope he gets on that, if ya know what I mean.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Plenty more where those came from. I'm debating whether to release them individually or in a pack, and whether to do recolors now or later. I want to do Wario Kong and Mecha Ganon, but the former has a broken link and the latter freezes the game :(
Ike.
Also, ProjectBrawl7 ProjectBrawl7 and @Mach 7.6 just put out one of the dopest Shadows I've seen. I do hope he gets on that, if ya know what I mean.
Too bad the Shadow model doesn't work with PSAs correctly.
Trust me I tried.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
00000000-75.png

Boy swap, Pik McAchu, and a rabid, white-eyed Wolf-Fox.
Pikachu ports keep having the same lighting issues with the eyes but I'm unsure of the cause and how to fix it. Was this a problem when making S3C Brawl Pikachu? Lucas seems to be suffering from the same thing...

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Ike.
I'll get onto it soon.
I did the model, he did the renders, and I'm updating it soon.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Meaning I should probably slow down with this sort of thing.
00000000-76.png

Edit:
puzzle time.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom