• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Just checked, the ocarina is in the FitLink.pac file so it's not the ocarina's fault for crashes.
No, it still matters for file size reasons.

There's a player allocation limit for how much data can be read. It combines the FitCharacter0X.pac/pcs, FitCharacter.pac, FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac, everything required to load that costume and that character. If - at any point - you go over that limit, the game will crash.

\IIRC character RAM allowance was slightly reduced from 3.02 to allow SSE to work as well
If you guys find a way to increase that, please let everyone know. That'd be a huge boon to everyone who hacks Brawl/P:M.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Play 3.5 till all your wriststraps break. Thats what you do.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Man, I just can't help but think of all that's happened over that last few months. SSB3DS is already out, SSBU is almost here, and we're near complete with releasing the rest of the characters. I don't mean to brag (but I will anyway cause I'm a legend), but without me helping out with rendering we wouldn't have come this far. I only started out (selfish plug) making wallpapers with all the recolors for Marth and Sonic's Smash 3 textures before their updates. Then I did Brawl Samus just for fun (and because of the PED suit Nano did). SJS's Zero Suit Samus is in there if you're interested... But I digress! The Smash 3 Team thought I would be a great help if I joined since they only had one renderer (Taiko) at the time. Then one of the best things that this project could ever experience happened: by introducing a more efficient way to go make renders we've managed to release characters left and right. Plus, I've improved from this experience. To think I went from this:
To this in only a few months:
Granted they are different models but it's how I set things up that matters.

After everything that's happened this is all we have left!
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Samus
Snake
ZSS
Red (Pokemon Trainer)
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard

And of course we still have some releases we have yet to update:
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
Link
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Meta Knight
Olimar
Peach
Pikachu
Roy
Toon Link

This leaves us with not much left to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty fired up about it so don't think our work will be left watered down. You never know when an update will sneak up on you so keep doing what you're doing and check in regularly. It may seem like we're monkeying around at times (RvB fans anyone?) but we try to maintain as much of a professional persona as possible without seeming like a copy of other fan projects. We've come this far so there's no reason to just bail out because SSBU is on the way. We're on the final stretch, let's make it count!
Based upon who's already done (completely) I made a visual to go alongside this

Edit: my mistake, jigglypuff will be getting an update. (Once Smash 3 has everyone completed, these icons will be uploaded)

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
This isn't super related to Smash 3 (though would actually be a fairly important step in making a Smash 3 Sigurd-Marth, I suppose), but the thread I made in the help section hasn't gotten any attention.
I'm wanting to give the Smash 4-esque Falchion model used in this and the Shadow Dragon Marth skin to the new Sigurd Marth, but I haven't found a way to do it in Brawlbox. Upon looking around, it sounds like I might need to do it in 3DS Max, which I don't have. Hoping one of you can provide some insight into this.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Well, I was working on Ocarina of time link, got some good bases down...but then I saw Hector/Zelgius/Black Knight/*Match Corresponding Green Character Reference Here* Ike. Gentlemen...I've found my texturing destiny and I shall take it for my own!!!

Edit: I just realized that I'm really not good at simulating metal (one of the banes I've experienced while illustrating as well), so if anyone has tips and tutorials towards that front that would be great. O.o

Last edited:

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
I also tested SJS's ZSS and they work fine, I have these recolors:

-Normal
-Brawl Green
-Extra Red (with Black)
-Brawl Purple
-Custom White
-Phazon "Posessed"
-Brawl Black
-"Justin Bailey"

Also, these Samus textures work fine:

-Other M Varia Suit
- Dark Suit
-Light Suit (the one who looks almost identical to Prime 2)
-P.E.D. Suit (I have the non-infected one, but I think all versions should work fine)
- Prime 1 Gravity Suit*
- Prime 1 Phazon Suit*

*These suits came only with a .pcs file, I created both .pac files because 1) When their respective ZSS made her FS, the Brawl armors appear instead, and 2) In "All Star mode", if any of those are set as second stock or higher, Samus doesn't appear.

All those textures have rimlighting.

I'll keep testing more textures for other characters.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Smash 3 Duck Hunt? Smash 3 Psyduck? Smash 3 Psyduck Hunt?

Also, I hadn't realized that SatoshiKura was actually a member of the Smash 3 team. So to him, I have no idea how you managed to get on KCMM to reply to my PM, but thanks for doing so! I look forward to seeing that.

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
I can't wait till y'all get the few characters that are broken with PM 3.5 working.
It's really awesome to see how far the Smash 3 Team has come with all the characters.
And they've even taught us how to do the same with our own stuff.
Thanks again you guys for your great work.
Also, I have no idea what the duck is about, if it's even a duck...

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the Off-topic question, but, is it possible that a texture for any character that works fine can cause general freezing to another character?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
When you guys get around to updating Roy, will you by any chance be using some sort of super awesome model that has all the fancy stuff from the PM model AND the sheath? If not, I might try putting such a thing together myself (keyword: try - I have never done any model work before. This won't end well).

drogoth232

Smash Lord
When you guys get around to updating Roy, will you by any chance be using some sort of super awesome model that has all the fancy stuff from the PM model AND the sheath? If not, I might try putting such a thing together myself (keyword: try - I have never done any model work before. This won't end well).
It's not possible. Roy already is close to the file size limit and the sheath would put him over.

Last edited:

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
It's not possible. Roy already is close to the file size limit and the sheath would put him over.
I'm using a rim lighting Roy with sheat and doesn't freeze my game, I have all recolors, except for the new purple-ish one.

These are the Smash 3 textures I have tested so far and get no freezes nor severe glitches:

-Mario (cape texture glitch)
-Luigi
-Peach
-Yoshi (egg texture glitch)
-Bowser
-C. Falcon
-Wolf
-Fox
-Falco
-Pikachu
-Lucario
-Mewtwo updated (AKA SSB4 model)
-Zelda
-Toon Link
-Sheik
-Ganondorf
-ROB
-Dedede
-Ness
-Lucas
-Metaknight
-Sonic
-Marth
-Ike
-Olimar
-Jigglypuff

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I'm using a rim lighting Roy with sheat and doesn't freeze my game, I have all recolors, except for the new purple-ish one.
We actually discussed this earlier with some people in PM. Their answer was this:

Clipping, file size, and amount of polys, Heavy D.

Some other PM peeps said this:

PM Person: lag tho
PM Person: too many polygons
PM Person: we can try it with the tristripper though

Seeing as how P:M is ever evolving and always changing, I'd assume they don't want to risk that now.

Obviously using tristripper would help a bit, but until then you'll have to sit tight.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I know that's what the PMDT said when 3.0 was released, but that was before mesh optimization was a thing. FitRoy00.pac is smaller than FitMarth06.pac, by quite a bit, so do we know that that's still the case? Maybe you're right, though.

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD
Pretty sure your all are the pack doesn't work with 3.5 eveytime i get to the character select it crashes.

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD
Can someone help me get the brawl smash 3 pack to work? I can't get it to work at all, i only got pm to work.

PLEASE HELP

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
i was just stating the obvious there. what im really here for is getting the smash 3 pack to work with brawl which i cant seem so do
I thought you were talking about the Roy pack I posted. Are you sure you placed the files in the correct folders in your SD card and have the right "file replacement code"? If you are playing on a Wii, of course.

Last edited:

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD
I thought you were talking about the Roy pack I posted. Are you sure you placed the files in the correct folders in your SD card and have the right "file replacement code"? If you are playing on a Wii, of course.
i believe im doing it all right. i downloaded the pack, i merged the private folder with the original private just i had to do with the projectm folder and the original projectm folder and nothing changes. if im doing it wrong let me know and also tell me step by step what to do

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Well everyone Pokémon ORAS releases in two days (on the 28th for those in Europe) so why not celebrate with a bit of my specialty?

EDIT:
Bonus outlined version to give more of that 6th gen look.

Last edited:

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Well everyone Pokémon ORAS releases in two days (on the 28th for those in Europe) so why not celebrate with a bit of my specialty?

ORAS looks pretty neat and so do your renders, but I'm probably gonna wait for something like Beta Emerald to come out till I buy another Pokemon game.
On a Smash 3 note, I'm about to put all the skins back on my sd, but before I do,
Does anyone know which characters other than Link are incompatible with PM 3.5 right now?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
On a Smash 3 note, I'm about to put all the skins back on my sd, but before I do,
Does anyone know which characters other than Link are incompatible with PM 3.5 right now?
Mario and Yoshi. Make sure you don't use any edited Fighter.pacs (Marth, Toon Link, Ike, Pit, Roy, Link) as they are still 3.02 versions.

We are still working on things.

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD
Mario and Yoshi. Make sure you don't use any edited Fighter.pacs (Marth, Toon Link, Ike, Pit, Roy, Link) as they are still 3.02 versions.

We are still working on things.
will this fix everything or do i have to delete the pac files on my own

Top Bottom