• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I know this is a little late and all, but For purple Falco (FitFalco06), He is missing his PAC file and his tail feathers are still blue even though in the render they are purple.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
It's nice to have matching CSPs, so I thought someone might be interested in these. I just edited some of Codex's renders from his PM build with the renders for Smash 3 to make it match a bit more.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
ledgerewskie said

It's nice to have matching CSPs, so I thought someone might be interested in these. I just edited some of Codex's renders from his PM build with the renders for Smash 3 to make it match a bit more.

Me-That's amazing you should do dr mario and oot link next

Obskore

Smash Ace

you don't know what you've just started...
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIBE THE REST, GIBE MOAR ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I'm new here so I don't know how to respond to anybody
click on "Reply" in the lower right corner of the message you want to quote

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman

This is very Impressive.... What kind of black magic is this?

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
I know this is a little late and all, but For purple Falco (FitFalco06), He is missing his PAC file and his tail feathers are still blue even though in the render they are purple.
Sorry about that, someone else pointed it out as well but it must have gone by without being fixed. It's been fixed now, so you can re-download the costume.

I'm quite impressed, you did a good job with these.
When is Kirby going to in his Smash 3 form, so Dedede will "need a monsta to clobbah dat there, Kirbeh!"
Kirby is ironically one of the more complex characters, so he might not be fully ready for a bit more.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Are sonics pupils supposed to be like this or is it me?

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I have another question, you said that your team want to finish this before Nov. (if i'm wrong my apologies) so now is all normal or your team has some difficulties??
I just want to know what to expect. ;)

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Sorry about that, someone else pointed it out as well but it must have gone by without being fixed. It's been fixed now, so you can re-download the costume.

I'm quite impressed, you did a good job with these.

Kirby is ironically one of the more complex characters, so he might not be fully ready for a bit more.
I noticed that many modders find Kirby too complex, which I suppose explains why there are so few Kirby texture hacks on Brawl Vault. What is it with Kirby that's so complex? Does it have anything to do with his many Copy Hats?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Are sonics pupils supposed to be like this or is it me?

Darn, his highlights aren't following his eyes? We'll check it out.

I have another question, you said that your team want to finish this before Nov. (if i'm wrong my apologies) so now is all normal or your team has some difficulties??
I just want to know what to expect. ;)
We've always been normal, we just want to move on! We've been working on this thing for over a year, after all.

I noticed that many modders find Kirby too complex, which I suppose explains why there are so few Kirby texture hacks on Brawl Vault. What is it with Kirby that's so complex? Does it have anything to do with his many Copy Hats?
Yes. The main Kirby texture isn't too challenging...then you realize he has parts of every other character in his hats. And those hats all need to be rim-lit. And some of those textures are completely unique. And...yeah, you get the picture. Not too hard, but really time consuming.

Of course, if you just wanted to release a Kirby texture without doing the same thing to all the hats, then it's easy. But we can't have that, can we?

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Yes. The main Kirby texture isn't too challenging...then you realize he has parts of every other character in his hats. And those hats all need to be rim-lit. And some of those textures are completely unique. And...yeah, you get the picture. Not too hard, but really time consuming.

Of course, if you just wanted to release a Kirby texture without doing the same thing to all the hats, then it's easy. But we can't have that, can we?
そか。。。 Dang Kaabii hats, they make every modder cry.

I obviously didn't "I see" and Kirby in Japanese. This did not just happen.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
you don't know what you've just started...
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIBE THE REST, GIBE MOAR ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Haha thanks. I will make a few more when I'm home and can use my other computer to render. But since you asked, here are some older ones I made with the current Toon Link and Meta Knight portraits, though they didn't turn out as nice.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
dude, you should totally start a rendering thread or something. These are really good!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

Not to mention that changing Kirby's color or adding rimlight causes an Final Smash eyes error (FS glitch), they glitcth dark, and requires a progress to fix them that was recently discovered. And then some peculiar hats uses another full body model of Kirby, that requires its own recolors and FS glitch fixing as well. Then to test all hats and recolors on Delphino and Spear Pillar one by one because all hats are rimlit.

The thought that the only way to fully recolor kirby is to edit those hats with the recolor as well makes many step away.

A model import must also be imported to those KHats. If not, vBrawl model appear out of nowhere.

This is a tedious task, rewarding in the end...
Problably.

Edit: Hats, they are awesome.

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Haha thanks. I will make a few more when I'm home and can use my other computer to render. But since you asked, here are some older ones I made with the current Toon Link and Meta Knight portraits, though they didn't turn out as nice.

They look nice enough to me, do you have any more to show off?

By the way, how does one get the poses for renders like these? I'd love to make a few for my personal Smash 3-esque textures, but I don't know what animation file is used to position the characters.

Last edited:

mariobear

Smash Rookie
Enjoying this pack. I was wandering how your able to add additional costumes for the characters, can you or anyone explain the process?

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman

Damn, those look really good I was searching for a smash 3 outset toon link and galacta knight csps. u should do Mega Mewtwo Y and X and even Mega Lucario.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Still waiting for my Zero Suit Sammy.

(BTW, are there any Fan made Smash 3 models without any rim, so I can apply it? Also, sorry for double post.)

Last edited:

Breadfrenzy

Smash Rookie

Aren't you the person who did all of those high quality Smash 3 Luigi costumes?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
They look nice enough to me, do you have any more to show off?

By the way, how does one get the poses for renders like these? I'd love to make a few for my personal Smash 3-esque textures, but I don't know what animation file is used to position the characters.
Most of the CSPs I made are already outdated because of improved Smash 3 renders, so the only thing I really have left are these Link ones I did, but they don't match up perfectly, and I didn't do all the Melee/OoT costumes. They probably won't be of use to many, but here they are anyway.

When creating CSPs, I pose the character in Brawlbox as closely as I can to whatever I'm trying to match. Then I take some screencaps of the character - sometimes with just one or two objects like a shield or belt or something - and edit everything together in Gimp. I'll often have to start drawing things in or using clonebrush to make it work. It's pretty time consuming (though not as bad as what the Smash 3 team had to do for Wolf's renders) so for the Link portraits, I just rendered them all without making them match perfectly.

Aren't you the person who did all of those high quality Smash 3 Luigi costumes?
Yes, thanks for noticing! But most of the work was really done by the original texturers, so I can't take credit. Wee!!

Damn, those look really good I was searching for a smash 3 outset toon link and galacta knight csps. u should do Mega Mewtwo Y and X and even Mega Lucario.
Hmm maybe the Smash 3 team will surprise us with a render of Mega Lucario in an update, since his mega form is in Smash 4 and a nice rimlit model/texture already exists...

Last edited:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Most of the CSPs I made are already outdated because of improved Smash 3 renders, so the only thing I really have left are these Link ones I did, but they don't match up perfectly, and I didn't do all the Melee/OoT costumes. They probably won't be of use to many, but here they are anyway.

When creating CSPs, I pose the character in Brawlbox as closely as I can to whatever I'm trying to match. Then I take some screencaps of the character - sometimes with just one or two objects like a shield or belt or something - and edit everything together in Gimp. I'll often have to start drawing things in or using clonebrush to make it work. It's pretty time consuming (though not as bad as what the Smash 3 team had to do for Wolf's renders) so for the Link portraits, I just rendered them all without making them match perfectly.

Yes, thanks for noticing! But most of the work was really done by the original texturers, so I can't take credit. Wee!!

Hmm maybe the Smash 3 team will surprise us with a render of Mega Lucario in an update, since his mega form is in Smash 4 and a nice rimlit model/texture already exists... Probably but I doubt it because I don't think they are going to update lucario he is one of the smash 3 team's up to date renders so I'm not sure. And if u did OOT link it would be far from useless, Besides OOT is considred to be one of the best zelda games and still is to this day.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Damnit my reply got sucked in with ur post, so here's a repost. Probably but I doubt it because I don't think they are going to update lucario he is one of the smash 3 team's up to date renders so I'm not sure. And if u did OOT link it would be far from useless, Besides OOT is considred to be one of the best zelda games and still is to this day.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Dark Knight, there should be an edit button next to the time stamp of the post. If you look to the left of the report button. Use that to fix your posts if anything goes wrong. :)
Anyway Lucario will get an update, but it will probably be like Mewtwo's pre-model update. Most likely they'll just add recolors.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Dark Knight, there should be an edit button next to the time stamp of the post. If you look to the left of the report button. Use that to fix your posts if anything goes wrong. :)
Anyway Lucario will get an update, but it will probably be like Mewtwo's pre-model update. Most likely they'll just add recolors.
Thank you! I just joined smashboards so I have to get used to how the site operates.

Top Bottom