• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taiko

Smash Ace
The Star Fox trio has been updated with their eyes fully checked at the doctor, so they should be good to go.

I don't know if this has been addressed, but Yoshi03.pac (Blue Yoshi) has a BP but no CSP. It's a small nitpick but I am meticulous about my PM additions and they have to be complete.

Also, I'm so glad this is so close to completion. Top tier mods tenaddaten
That's weird, I just checked all the downloads, they seem to be there.
And thanks!

Love this mod.

When do you think you'll do Kirby though?
As with everyone else, when Kirby is fully ready to go.

Taiko

Smash Ace
A recolour update for Mewtwo, we've added a new recolour to fill up all the Armor slots for people that like recolours more. Nothing's changed from before, so you guys don't need to worry about updating anything unless you want Perwinkle-two.
And of course, a recolour chart / cascade since Mewtwo didn't have one yet!

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
A recolour update for Mewtwo, we've added a new recolour to fill up all the Armor slots for people that like recolours more. Nothing's changed from before, so you guys don't need to worry about updating anything unless you want Perwinkle-two.

This is Beautiful. :D

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738

It looks wonderful, particularly that black-and-blue Mewtwo. If I may ask, what was the inspiration for it?

Taiko

Smash Ace
It looks wonderful, particularly that black-and-blue Mewtwo. If I may ask, what was the inspiration for it?
Chat log:
Shun: Try periwinkle
Taiko: what the heck is a perwinkle

So it now has the name...Perwinkletwo
That's literally it, we made a palette around some funny-sounding colour Shun pulled out of nowhere. And it somewhat resembles Shadow Mewtwo, so!

Narpas_sword

I just now realised that mewtwo's 'tail' comes from the front and wraps between his legs and out the back.

just you TRY to un-see that

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
that's because of issues with their clones
if a green lucario and green mewtwo were in the same team, one would appear with a white overlay, despite being 2 "different" characters, but the game still knows they're clones, so that happens
the same was done for Marth and Roy, and something similar with the Pok3mon
so they swapped around the colors in the costume files to trick the game and get around the issue :D

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
that's because of issues with their clones
if a green lucario and green mewtwo were in the same team, one would appear with a white overlay, despite being 2 "different" characters, but the game still knows they're clones, so that happens
the same was done for Marth and Roy, and something similar with the Pok3mon
so they swapped around the colors in the costume files to trick the game and get around the issue :D
Huh... The more you know.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
"All the world needs is me. I've got my values...so you can keep yours, alright?"

Model by team member GBC.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Chat log:
Shun: Try periwinkle
Taiko: what the heck is a perwinkle

So it now has the name...Perwinkletwo
That's literally it, we made a palette around some funny-sounding colour Shun pulled out of nowhere. And it somewhat resembles Shadow Mewtwo, so!
In the words of Edel the Scout, the more you know. :) It really does look nice.

I also feel inclined to ask if you'll be updating Pikachu at some point. It looks very nice as it is, but Super Smash Bros. for 3DS gives Pikachu some pretty awesome new hats that I'd love to see.

I would understand if creating new hat models is something too complicated for the Smash 3 Team; it's not simply fine-tuning textures and adding rimlighting. I was just curious if there was something in the works.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Reporting two oversights related to Falco.

Falco is missing the pac files for costumes 06 and 09 & Falco's tail feathers on his purple costume are still blue even though they are purple on his render.

Last edited:

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
i kno dis might sound dub but has the Smash 3 Update been released for Download if so can someone link it to me

btw i HAVE smash 3 just not the updated one....

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

Fortress

Smash Master

The hair was a pain. BUT! is really satisfying, so much better now. 1 done 3 left (perhaps 4).
Don't know why I'm so late on this, but you should totally add my Black Knight variant to your own submission on Smashboards as an alternate version like your others.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Whoa, Ike's getting the FE: Radiant Dawn treatment I see. MOST GLORIOUS!!!!

*See's the custom Neku model and render...*
MOST GLORIOUS!!!!!

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Will other characters get a recolor update as well (Mario, Link, Captain Falcon, etc.)?
Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Most, if not, all characters will receive an update in some form (recolors included). Who we update is dependent on how motivated we feel to work on each character. Don't take that as we'll only work on characters that we want to work on. Eventually, everyone will receive an update; in what order is pretty random.... or is it?

Last edited:

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
I saw a couple of pages back that someone made a Smash 3 awakening Marth, did that ever get released somewhere?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
No it's down, they posted about it on their Facebook page. They don't know why it's down.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Is there any good gimp guides you guy's know of? I've gotten some base colors down but I can't do much past this without some intervention. :/

Edit: Yeah, I'll fix up the image and post one I have something a little more substantial regarding the texture.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That would be incredibly unprofessional. Nintendo would be much more likely to send a C&D before resorting to something like that.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I see... but, you don't think this has something to do with Nintendo? They hate Project M and all Smash Bros modding...
That would be incredibly unprofessional. Nintendo would be much more likely to send a C&D before resorting to something like that.
Nintendo does not have anything to do with this (they never do). It's happened before as well. It'll be back up eventually, and in the event it doesn't go back up, we'll just move our downloads else where.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I see... but, you don't think this has something to do with Nintendo? They hate Project M and all Smash Bros modding...
Iirc and don't quote me on this because I might be wrong but I heard Nintendo actually finds the modding community 'interesting' but doesn't really bat an eye at us in general (again, I could totally be wrong, I've just heard people say that on multiple occasions haha) does make me wonder what they think of Smash modding in general though...

Oh and as for the vault, I from Kitty Corp that the site is down but they don't know why, their host is looking into it so I imagine it's a server issue for the time being?

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Iirc and don't quote me on this because I might be wrong but I heard Nintendo actually finds the modding community 'interesting' but doesn't really bat an eye at us in general (again, I could totally be wrong, I've just heard people say that on multiple occasions haha) does make me wonder what they think of Smash modding in general though...

Oh and as for the vault, I from Kitty Corp that the site is down but they don't know why, their host is looking into it so I imagine it's a server issue for the time being?
I heard they ban you from Nintendo Network or something if you say anything about Project M, and when they're asked about Smash Bros modding, they rarely want to talk about it... even so, looks like they've copied a few things from PM to SSB4.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I heard they ban you from Nintendo Network or something if you say anything about Project M, and when they're asked about Smash Bros modding, they rarely want to talk about it... even so, looks like they've copied a few things from PM to SSB4.
This applies to Miiverse, if you make a post blatantly regarding Project M you get a ban slapped upon you IIRC.

I had a photoshop issue, fixed, nvm.

Last edited:

Apoc

Smash Cadet
Excuse my ignorance is this a Project M hack or just a regular Brawl hack? Basically is this a viable hack I can use for tournaments?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
That's because talking about Project M could lead to talking about modifying a Wii which could lead to illegal things. Talking about fan mods with as many rules as Nintendo has to follow when representing their characters is not a good idea. We probably break all of them on a regular basis. Lastly, at no point in development do I think anyone went "They did this in Project M, let's do it too!" Similar ideas just means a similar thing inspired the same move.

On topic.

[collapse=There is absolutely nothing unusual about this Indian]

[/collapse]
Absolutely nothing.

Excuse my ignorance is this a Project M hack or just a regular Brawl hack? Basically is this a viable hack I can use for tournaments?
We do support Project M but I do not believe Project M tournaments condone the usage of texture mods in general. This pack should work perfectly fine in a tournament environment, but you'd have to discuss it's use with TOs to be sure.

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
It's for both. I tested Smash 3's older version of Ness in Vbrawl, it works flawlessly. It should be able to work on every smash 3 mod.

Edit: :4greninja:'d by Shun_one. Shun is 2fast4me.

Last edited:

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
That's because talking about Project M could lead to talking about modifying a Wii which could lead to illegal things. Talking about fan mods with as many rules as Nintendo has to follow when representing their characters is not a good idea. We probably break all of them on a regular basis.
>We probably break all of them on a regular basis.

On another note, how many people are still left on the team? You guys haven't been pushin out updates as quickly and it's fine but i'm just curious as to who's still actually working...

John Kelly-Collins

Smash Rookie
So I was wondering have you guys considered using cBliss in your pack for the characters like mewtwo, lucas, sonic, etc.? Or maybe a seperate pack in case people dont want that? Just a consideration. Big fan though first hack I have kept for more than a month since the classic expansion.

Top Bottom