• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I have a sudden announcement to make.

As you all know, Smash 4 is coming. You all probably know we're fuelled by our motivations, so I hope you can understand that at this point with the game just 4 days away, our motivation is dwindling right now. I've had the opportunity to play the demo, and I can say that this game is just too good. So good, in fact, that I can't see myself returning to older Smash titles. The same is true for the rest of the team, we just can't see ourselves having the motivation to finish the alt costumes now that the game is so close.

In addition, our team is not as large as you guys might imagine. At this point in time, we only have 2-3 active texturers, and two active modellers. Shun was already planning to leave Brawl modding when October 3rd hit, making us feel like we had a deadline to hit already. As you might imagine, retexturing Brawl is already a huge task in itself, so doing the alt costumes would just take too much time on top of the remaining cast we have to finish.

Here's where you guys' opinions are important to us, as we have two options:
1) Replace the alt costumes with recolours which are MUCH less time-consuming to do, and you guys would get a "completed" build much faster.
2) Don't do the alt costumes or replace them at all, leaving the cool stuff the PMBR does, but an overall inconsistent build.

Again, I hope you all understand. Thanks for sticking with us all this time, it's been great seeing all the feedback we've gotten from our users. But in the end, we just want to play games too.
I'd recommend making a strawpoll post about this. Set the 2 options to answers in the poll, and post the link, we respond.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Phew, 3-character update today. Updates to two older characters, and...?!
Also, we're trying out a slightly different format from now on. Additional costumes will now be included in the main download of a character, but you'll be able to preview them all under the download! The Preview button will also open the character's gallery, where you can view the renders, wallpapers, and recolours as well as the usual ingame screens. Let us know what you think!

(That last wallpaper was my favourite part of the update)

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Phew, 3-character update today. Updates to two older characters, and...?!
Also, we're trying out a slightly different format from now on. Additional costumes will now be included in the main download of a character, but you'll be able to preview them all under the download! The Preview button will also open the character's gallery, where you can view the renders, wallpapers, and recolours as well as the usual ingame screens. Let us know what you think!

They look amazing ;_;

Any chance I could get the Ness and Lucas renders without the background?

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Eh...
DEAR GUD SMESH THREE TEAM.

YOU ARE DEITYS ARMED WITH THE TOOLS OF MODDING.

SO MUCH LUKE.

SO MUCH NESS.

AHHHHHHHHHG.

TOO GOOD TAIKO SENSEI.

10/1010/1010/10

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
If forgoing work on alt. costumes means updated characters, then I accept Option 1.

The updated Fox and Ness look amazing. Hoping for a Falco and Marth update in the future!

P.S. are stock icons provided with all these skins like so: :mario2::link2::pikachu2::kirby2:

Taiko

Smash Ace
If forgoing work on alt. costumes means updated characters, then I accept Option 1.

The updated Fox and Ness look amazing. Hoping for a Falco and Marth update in the future!

P.S. are stock icons provided with all these skins like so: :mario2::link2::pikachu2::kirby2:
Of course! They're in the zip.

EDIT: Small heads up for anyone that downloaded the Brawl pack. The fizesize of the common5.pac was massive, causing it to crash upon loading the CSS. We've fixed the issue, so you can go redownload the "common5.pac" in the "system" folder of the Dropbox download.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Can I get a render w/ transparency for Lucas's new blue one?

Also, I love the Momma's boys subtitles. =D

Even though Lucas's mom is dead.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Spoiler alert. : P
My bad Scout, I'll hide it.

Also,
I'm sad to hear that you're leaving the modding scene. I suppose it is inevitable, and everyone will sooner or later. I'd just like to thank you for all the work you've done. Be it Smash 3, or your sweet stages. Thanks man. #NeverForget.

Any Smash 3 Dev reading this, the same goes to you. Danke.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Is there any particular reason the *ahem* area below Fox's belt is black as opposed to the color of his pants?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Just a few more questions.

1. I downloaded the Pack off the first page and Lucario's CSS previews didn't update but the CSS icon and battle portrait did.

2. Will older characters get updated a la Fox and Ganondorf? Something with the older releases (Mario, Peach, Falco, etc.) just irks me compared to the newer releases (Lucario, Fox, etc.). Especially Bowser, something seems off about him... please don't hurt me or kick me out I really love this mod.

3. Will Armored Mewtwo be the only alternate costume?

4. If I want to replace Blue Ness with the Japan Team colors, what files must I open in BrawlBox to make those changes?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Just a few more questions.

1. I downloaded the Pack off the first page and Lucario's CSS previews didn't update but the CSS icon and battle portrait did.

2. Will older characters get updated a la Fox and Ganondorf? Something with the older releases (Mario, Peach, Falco, etc.) just irks me compared to the newer releases (Lucario, Fox, etc.). Especially Bowser, something seems off about him... please don't hurt me or kick me out I really love this mod.

3. Will Armored Mewtwo be the only alternate costume?

4. If I want to replace Blue Ness with the Japan Team colors, what files must I open in BrawlBox to make those changes?
1. Thanks for pointing that out. With the sheer amount of stuff we update, we're bound to miss simple stuff like that. Fixed!

2. For sure. They bug me too. They'll get more recolours too.

3. Most likely. It was just a little extra I did.

4. Replace the pac/pcs files in "fighter/ness". Open up "common5.pac" in "system" and open up "char_bust_tex_lz77" then scroll down to MiscData[10]. Replace whichever portrait you replaced. That's the CSS screen stuff, next for the BPs look for "info\portrite" then scroll down to "InfFace10X.brres" files. Similar to how it's MiscData10 in common5, you'll notice the 10 in front for Ness' stuff, the number following is the costume number. Next look for "menu\common\char_bust_tex" and search for "MenSelchrFaceB100.brres". Notice the 10 again? Hopefully this short tutorial makes sense.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Love the updates to Ness and Fox, and Lucas looks exceptional; it makes me really excited to see how he'll look in.... oh, wait...

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Requesting this recolor for Dedede as DLC:
If anyone is up to it, I would definitely appreciate it.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
R.O.B is probably going to look more like his smash 4 apperance (basicly he is going to look plastic)

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Can I get a render w/ transparency for Lucas's new blue one?

Also, I love the Momma's boys subtitles. =D

Even though Lucas's mom is dead.
I can't believe I just clicked that...

Now I'm not sure if I want to finish Mother 3 (and I literally just started it).

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I can't believe I just clicked that...

Now I'm not sure if I want to finish Mother 3 (and I literally just started it).
Ah no! Hear me out.
The game is too amazing to give up on. And that spoiler isn't dry crucial. It's my favorite game, so I can assure you that you'll still enjoy the game to it's full extent. I apologize.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Ah no! Hear me out.
The game is too amazing to give up on. And that spoiler isn't dry crucial. It's my favorite game, so I can assure you that you'll still enjoy the game to it's full extent. I apologize.
Okaay, I'll play it. I need to say, though. When I started this game, I did not expect it to hook me in so fast. The whole intro before you start playing as Lucas' dad (Flint?) is so cuuuute!

I just hope that the spoiler doesn't ruin the ending or something, though.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Okaay, I'll play it. I need to say, though. When I started this game, I did not expect it to hook me in so fast. The whole intro before you start playing as Lucas' dad (Flint?) is so cuuuute!

I just hope that the spoiler doesn't ruin the ending or something, though.
The spoiler doesn't. Keepplaying. XD Ah well. Let's stop the tangent.

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I have a little question, is the Ganondorf texture compatible with the Triforce Ganondorf mod.? Because i´ve downloaded those and it freezes!! So or i´ve done something wrong or what??

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Releasing one character texture = Pretty Smart.

Releasing two character textures = Pretty ****ing Smart.

Releasing three charac....****ING.... GENIUUUUUUSSSSS!!!

Lucas looks like "Hey, dude, stop doin' that ****, will ya?" xD

Thanks a lot, they're amazing! :D

Taiko

Smash Ace
I have a little question, is the Ganondorf texture compatible with the Triforce Ganondorf mod.? Because i´ve downloaded those and it freezes!! So or i´ve done something wrong or what??
It sounds like Brawl is freezing from loading too much data (filesize limit). You'd need to halve the Smash 3 Ganondorf textures to make it work.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Uh... you don't need to delete other files. You need to reduce the size of the Ganondorf textures so that the game doesn't freeze when trying to load the Triforce Ganondorf moveset. Get BrawlBox and an image editing program like Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, etc and you can do it in 2 minutes.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Uh... you don't need to delete other files. You need to reduce the size of the Ganondorf textures so that the game doesn't freeze when trying to load the Triforce Ganondorf moveset. Get BrawlBox and an image editing program like Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, etc and you can do it in 2 minutes.
Thank you! I´ll try to do that later

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
and...how do i do that???
I´m a bit new on the BrawlBoxStuff, i only use Brawl Managers
I search tutorials, also thank you so much i don´t have to remove things :D

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Please don't triple post if you aren't getting a solution. Someone will get to you.

Top Bottom