• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MVP

Smash Ace
this project reminds me of smash4 art style.. this looks really good

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm more interested in that Luigi... but both are equally epic!

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Now that the alt. costume engine is a thing, are you going to dump 4 Mario textures from the PM pack and make 6 Dr. Mario textures? If you do, please keep the 4 you dump in the individual download so that people can put them over the other textures.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Now that the alt. costume engine is a thing, are you going to dump 4 Mario textures from the PM pack and make 6 Dr. Mario textures? If you do, please keep the 4 you dump in the individual download so that people can put them over the other textures.
No worries, we've got an idea of how we're going to deal with the lost textures. We'll still have them up as separate downloads for the P:M pack, so if you can't live without Pink Mario, you'll still be able to use him!

KingFeraligatr

Smash Cadet
It is. You'll just need to use the .GCT we have in the pack. It's plug-and-play, so you'll be able to download the main pack and just drop the files in.
Thats sweet! Where would the files be dropped into though? Trying to create the best Project M expierience for my little brother and my friends who always trashtalk me.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
No worries, we've got an idea of how we're going to deal with the lost textures. We'll still have them up as separate downloads for the P:M pack, so if you can't live without Pink Mario, you'll still be able to use him!
You have no idea how many times I had to edit that to make me not look like a uninformed idiot (even though I am).

Taiko

Smash Ace
Thats sweet! Where would the files be dropped into though? Trying to create the best Project M expierience for my little brother and my friends who always trashtalk me.
Install Project M, download "The Pack" at the top by clicking Download > Download as .zip. Then, extract everything, drag the "codes" and "private" folder into the root of your SD. If it asks to overwrite, say yes. Then, go into the Project M folder, and do the same (again, copy the "codes" and "private" over and overwrite if it asks.)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I know that I shouldn`t ask this, but could you make a version of the NES Link with the wood sword from Zelda 1?

KingFeraligatr

Smash Cadet
Install Project M, download "The Pack" at the top by clicking Download > Download as .zip. Then, extract everything, drag the "codes" and "private" folder into the root of your SD. If it asks to overwrite, say yes. Then, go into the Project M folder, and do the same (again, copy the "codes" and "private" over and overwrite if it asks.)
Ok thanks. Why do I have to drag and copy them twice?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Have you guys thought about joining getting absorbed in the PMBR proper? If you guys did "official" work, I think it would bring an amazing aesthetic to the project and might also minimize some of the workload you do.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
It did inspire us. The clean look lends itself well to the game (not that I minded Brawls style to begin with!)
Impressive work as always, you guys.
On behalf of everyone, thank you!

I know that I shouldn`t ask this, but could you make a version of the NES Link with the wood sword from Zelda 1?
Not gonna happen, sorry. Way too much work involved.

Ok thanks. Why do I have to drag and copy them twice?
The way we have the download setup, most of the actual files reside within the Brawl pack so the P:M pack can be smaller and not make the whole thing a very large download. Plus, it's easier for us to add additional characters to it this way.

Have you guys thought about joining getting absorbed in the PMBR proper? If you guys did "official" work, I think it would bring an amazing aesthetic to the project and might also minimize some of the workload you do.
I wouldn't mind getting into the PMBR, but I'm pretty sure something like this project is outside the scope of their project goals.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
That Toon Link preview. Sweet.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Hey all! I've been lurking this forum for a while now following this and the other Vibrant Project. Kudos to everyone involved with this for making great textures. I just have one minor quirk so far with this project and that is that some of Sonic's recolors have this weird flash that shows up for a brief second while running. Here's an image of it.

I find it very distracting and I'm guessing it's a bug since not all of them do this. If there's a way to fix this, that would be really great.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hey all! I've been lurking this forum for a while now following this and the other Vibrant Project. Kudos to everyone involved with this for making great textures. I just have one minor quirk so far with this project and that is that some of Sonic's recolors have this weird flash that shows up for a brief second while running. Here's an image of it.
I find it very distracting and I'm guessing it's a bug since not all of them do this. If there's a way to fix this, that would be really great.
Oddly enough, it's a cBliss issue that we can't fix. It's not in the character textures themselves, you'll find that even if you swap the slots around it'll do that. The weird part is, it only seems to do that for whatever is in the 06 and 07 (if I remember correctly) slots. If we find a fix we'll update it.

Guessing the issue lies somewhere in the way the runtrails are set up in Sonic's files, they don't carry over to the cBliss slots and instead use some other effects in the files.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Oddly enough, it's a cBliss issue that we can't fix. It's not in the character textures themselves, you'll find that even if you swap the slots around it'll do that. The weird part is, it only seems to do that for whatever is in the 06 and 07 (if I remember correctly) slots. If we find a fix we'll update it.

Guessing the issue lies somewhere in the way the runtrails are set up in Sonic's files, they don't carry over to the cBliss slots and instead use some other effects in the files.
This explains so much...

Thanks for bringing up that question, squeakyboots, or I'd have never known.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Bummer that it's a cbliss related thing. Guess I'll just have to live with it for now.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
cBummer indeed. At least there's hope! I doubt P:M's ACE will have that problem.

More preview:

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Looks so much more like WWHD than SSB4's. Even the bomb looks great.
The bomb is just Brawl's haha. I didn't redo the weapons, since they actually look quite fitting for the project (and less headache when P:M updates, since I don't need to update the moveset files)

Fellow Wind Waker fans will notice a few changes from his Brawl incarnation!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
The bomb is just Brawl's haha. I didn't redo the weapons, since they actually look quite fitting for the project (and less headache when P:M updates, since I don't need to update the moveset files)
Oh. lol You're right, they do fit well...

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Are you guys gonna utilize the polls like you occasionally did with the last thread? Polls are nice, I think...

EDIT: I had another idea if you guys don't mind. When this project wraps up, would you consider making CSS blocks (sort of like what you did with The Grid) using these textures? The Brawl ones (even using SJS's) don't cut it for me when I've got these things. They must be represented!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Are you guys gonna utilize the polls like you occasionally did with the last thread? Polls are nice, I think...

EDIT: I had another idea if you guys don't mind. When this project wraps up, would you consider making CSS blocks (sort of like what you did with The Grid) using these textures? The Brawl ones (even using SJS's) don't cut it for me when I've got these things. They must be represented!
CSS Icons? The characters individual packs contain them, and the main pack has their CSS icons inserted into both Brawl and P:M's.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
What program do you use to make character textures? What character do you believe is the easiest to make textures for? What would you recommend to people who want to start making there own character textures? Can you guess why I am asking all these questions?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
CSS Icons? The characters individual packs contain them, and the main pack has their CSS icons inserted into both Brawl and P:M's.
Oh. Must have missed that somehow...

EDIT: So I downloaded The Pack (I'd just been getting the individual ones before since I have custom builds and stuff), and I found all of the CSS icons there, but I only found the stocks, BPs and CSPs in the individual ones.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Sexy.
So many sexy projects going around.
Glad you like. We are currently prepping the next batch of characters for release.

What program do you use to make character textures? What character do you believe is the easiest to make textures for? What would you recommend to people who want to start making there own character textures? Can you guess why I am asking all these questions?
I use photoshop (which you can now download an older version free of charge - look up photoshop CS2). As for whomever is easier? Well...probably Toon Link. If you're just getting started, the best thing to do is just jump in and start messing with things.

Oh. Must have missed that somehow...

EDIT: So I downloaded The Pack (I'd just been getting the individual ones before since I have custom builds and stuff), and I found all of the CSS icons there, but I only found the stocks, BPs and CSPs in the individual ones.
Oops. Our bad. Least it's an easy fix for our part. We'll include the icons in the indy downloads going forward, thanks.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I use photoshop (which you can now download an older version free of charge - look up photoshop CS2). As for whomever is easier? Well...probably Toon Link. If you're just getting started, the best thing to do is just jump in and start messing with things.
thanks

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
That Zelda Texture... that looks great. :3 But now I have the ultimate problem... This, or Vibrant to put on my SD Card for the time being?

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
That Zelda Texture... that looks great. :3 But now I have the ultimate problem... This, or Vibrant to put on my SD Card for the time being?
I just downloaded the the entire Vibrant pack yesterday, but then I started looking at this project, and I'm stuck with the same conflict. At least I have the option to choose :D

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Holy Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff that Zelda. The Rim Lighting adds that perfect magical glow!

Top Bottom