• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The sickest most disgusting thing i've ever read....

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
and in that particular situation, whether you agree with my opinion on it or not, the people responsible for her brutal torture and murder most certainly should of been brutally tortured just as much
Says who, you? Who are you to judge the appropriate punitive action for crimes?

Out of interest, are you atheist, agnostic, Christian?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Is it normal that these kind of horrible events raise no emotion in me whatsoever?

It's like when I read of this father with HIV ****** and killing his 1-year-old son, 99% of the "normal" comments were of people wishing horrible things upon the perpetrator and quite many also sweared they would torture and kill the the one who committed act, is that how I'm supposed to feel? Angry? Saying stupid and violent **** which I would never do and which I feel is justified?

People judge and condemn so easily in their "wrath of justice", when I hear of things like these I feel that these are sick people with severe mental issues and they need professional help, not torture or death penalty. Most of the people sitting in jail for murder and other sick stuff come from very poor circumstances, broken families where they themselves have been abused as children, I'm not trying to justify anything, I'm just trying to make people think.

Even if they would not have experienced abuse and other stuff like that I feel that this "eye for eye" mentality belongs to the previous millenium, it's simply stupid. I feel that we could easily get rid of most of the issues and crime in our society if everyone had their basic material needs met, studies show that the greater the income difference the greater is the amount of crime and other issues (U.S. is number one in these statistics btw, and also has the greatest income difference in the world).

I recomend anyone interested in the subject to watch "Zeitgeist: Moving forward", they deal for example with the issue is man evil.

E: Maybe I'm just indifferent

E2: I apologize for bad grammar, I'm on a nightshift and it's 6 am here

It's like when I read of this father with HIV ****** and killing his 1-year-old son, 99% of the "normal" comments were of people wishing horrible things upon the perpetrator and quite many also sweared they would torture and kill the the one who committed act, is that how I'm supposed to feel?
lol people are horrendously ******** sometimes.

The scum's going to die of AIDS anyway.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
lol people are horrendously ******** sometimes.

The scum's going to die of AIDS anyway.
The UNfunny thing is, he probably will live a lot longer than the crazy man would on the outside, you know with all the care prisoners get. . .

But go on everyone, continue to prove why the human race is unfit to have the legal power to kill/torture.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sucks it happened in my city, Women was pretty dumb to do something like this just to keep up a lie and pretty much ruined another person's life as well.

I've never understood the idea of being humane and having a moral code then turning round and asking for heads to roll.

I try to justify myself with thinking everyone has the right to live all the time, yet even then. Is this person going to be a determent to everyone's lives and continue to make them suffer, if so, do they deserve to live?

I'll maintain the former, I wouldn't doubt me second guessing myself though time to time.

Browny

Smash Hater
I've never understood the idea of being humane and having a moral code then turning round and asking for heads to roll.
People need to get the message with tougher sentences. Roll one head to save a few dozen?

A survey here found that some 48% of australians admitted to illegally downloading movies/music. 78% of them said they would stop if their ISP told them to and threatened with a disconnection. Do you think the other 22% would still do it if it was actually made a crime? I see no reason to not believe that harsher penalties will discourage crimes. Inbe4 some ****** tries to argue that it wont discourage all crime ever, therefore its pointless and unfair even if it discourages 99% of them (see; every western legal system).

Of course I'm biased because Australia has the most lenient legal system in the world. Where else can you get off manslaughter chargers (drunken hit and run), because you dont remember if you were insane when it happened? True story.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
People need to get the message with tougher sentences. Roll one head to save a few dozen?
Except it doesn't seem to work that way in real life:
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines/092200-01.htm

People with the psychological profile of a sociopath are disinclined to be deterred by the threat of punishment. Serial killer John Wayne Gacy was executed for his crimes, and he undoubtedly knew that the death penalty existed before he started killing. But that knowledge didn't stop him from killing 33 men and boys. His psychological condition (his need to kill) completely overpowered that sort of logic and reasoning. The same can be said of crimes stemming from gang culture or poverty.

Browny

Smash Hater
idk man, youre comparing to a far outlier here. Lets not forget the fact that life in prison might be a worse punishment than death for some people.

There can be no doubt that it would affect petty crimes more. I don't think people would shoplift a chocolate bar if it got their hands but off now, do you?

Obviously as you get to more sinister crimes, the threat of punishment becomes less as these people are obviously not on the same wavelength as the rest of us but maybe it would do something to stop the development of normal crimes into far worse ones. Someone might rob their friend when they aren't looking *cough*genesis 2*cough*, is it not feasible that they may soon get a taste for this free money and then move on to more serious robberies until it gets to physical threats and actual violence?

I will concede that murderers are in a league of their own and don't conform to this progressively worse path of criminality, they may start right in the deep end. This lady is an example of one of them, truly unfit for society. There are plenty of other of murders though and cases of manslaughter which make me SERIOUSLY doubt the killers claims about accidental deaths. I dont know about you guys, but if I was a bouncer and I wanted to kick someone out of a bar, I sure wouldnt king hit them with their back turned, knocking them onto a busy road and then not calling an ambulance when theyre knocked out, dying. I feel very strongly that cases like the above in Australia, could be avoided if our manslaughter charges werent so incredibly weak. If this lady pulled this **** here, she would claim insanity and get sent to a mental hospital, max 20 years (double murder)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah not to mention that "I'm gonna make an example out of you!" is pretty much the archetype of immoral leadership, as is klling just for the sake of the convenient "greater good".

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
People are seriously comparing murderers and rapists to pirating music?

There is no face that describes my disappointment.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Spelt. Always bringing the snark.

Lets not forget the fact that life in prison might be a worse punishment than death for some people.
It's hard to compare the two experiences since those serving life sentences have never been dead, and the dead tend not to return to explain it to the living.

There can be no doubt that it would affect petty crimes more. I don't think people would shoplift a chocolate bar if it got their hands but off now, do you?
I think that if a person were hungry to the point of starvation, a hand might be something they'd be willing to risk.

The cause of crime and violence is not the absence of punishment. The cause is something else, be it poverty, drug addiction, or a personal history of abuse, or a combination of any of the above. The punishment is society's solution because society doesn't seem to have any other solutions it can implement. We use punishment because we can't or won't address the root causes. No matter how many people the state kills or puts in prison, it is still a treatment of the symptom, not the disease. The question is, does there exist a cure for the disease? I don't know.

I feel very strongly that cases like the above in Australia, could be avoided if our manslaughter charges werent so incredibly weak. If this lady pulled this **** here, she would claim insanity and get sent to a mental hospital, max 20 years (double murder)
We both have regional bias. A state in my country recently executed a man for a murder for which there was no physical evidence. He was by far not the only one put in that position. The statistics are on that are troubling, especially considering racism, and the data also shows that states which have the death penalty don't have lower homicide rates than states in which the death penalty is banned. So by having the death penalty as a legal option, the government risks executing an innocent person for a gain of what appears to be nothing or next to nothing.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I've stolen small things before and I wasn't starving or desperate. I definitely would not have if there was a chance I'd lose a hand for it.

From what Browny was saying, I agree petty crimes would drop.

Laem

Smash Champion
Punishing any crime by death of suspect + his/her family is a very, very efficient way to prevent crime (as history has in fact shown). It is still bad. Bad bad bad bad.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Punishing any crime by death of suspect + his/her family is a very, very efficient way to prevent crime (as history has in fact shown). It is still bad. Bad bad bad bad.
Considering the US have about 900k people in jail atm, I agree this would be an efficient way to both prevent crime and overpopulation.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You know what would stop crime? If rounded up everyone who was poor and gassed them.

Another way to reduce crime is to shoot everyone who commits one on sight.

My personal favourite method, though, is to remove the criminal status of many actions, if it's not a crime, the crime rate goes down.

I wonder if governments ever thought about that every time they introduce these ******** new crimes.

My personal favourite method, though, is to remove the criminal status of many actions, if it's not a crime, the crime rate goes down.

I wonder if governments ever thought about that every time they introduce these ******** new crimes.
Concerning the USA, the only example I can think of is adopting a policy similar to alcohol consumption for illegal drugs.

Legalize it among an age group and try to spread awareness about its oft effects to prevent people from abusing it. It seems to have worked well apparently and some think it would be a good idea to apply to things like marijuana since it is already prescribed as a type of medication.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The reason most illicit drugs are illegal is because most people don't have the responsibility not the strength of mind not to allow them to completely ruin their lives.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
U.S. actually has one of the worst crime rates in the world with lots of strict punishments. I don't really understand why, but it happens. I guess it's like telling a kid don't go in this room or else.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
U.S. actually has one of the worst crime rates in the world with lots of strict punishments. I don't really understand why, but it happens. I guess it's like telling a kid don't go in this room or else.
I would say it has to do with the deplorable income inequality.

Mike2

Smash Ace
How do you even...... I mean...... Uh....... Damn. Just wow.

Makes me wonder: if I met someone this crazy, would I know it?

:phone:

Browny

Smash Hater
The recent stories coming out of china, regarding the skinning of 'raccoon' dogs alive, and the hit and run of Yue Yue, are more sickening than this story tbh.

This story was an impulse of insanity. those two stories are repeated, calculated actions.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Concerning the USA, the only example I can think of is adopting a policy similar to alcohol consumption for illegal drugs.

Legalize it among an age group and try to spread awareness about its oft effects to prevent people from abusing it. It seems to have worked well apparently and some think it would be a good idea to apply to things like marijuana since it is already prescribed as a type of medication.
This is brilliant, because there has always been a health warning on cigarette boxes since the 70s or 80s, but still, people smoke, people get lung cancer, and people die.

Top Bottom