• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Short Hop Fireball -- A Guide

CuckooOfTime

Smash Journeyman
Haha...man, what was the point of this guide? :p

When I want to be goofy with Luigi, I just spam Green Missels, and always time it assuming that I get a misfire. Of course, it's rare, but when the misfire does happen, it's so satisfying.

Your point on the SHF was amusing...but did it really need a full guide to explain it?

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Mouf said:
i posted a luigi vid in tha 1v1 lolz
I have now seen tha vid...
U and CF were probably on crack, thats just life in the ghetto. :chuckle: near galveston :laugh:
**** the best skills I have ever seen, like when u fsmash air...****ing amazing!!
I think u should use sheik and marth to decrease their places on tha tier list, after ppl see u play!
Post more vids, there should be a smash comedy thread starring mouf!!!
I smelt that nasty **** in that vid, nice beat though!!! :laugh:

Metà

Smash Master
This strategy seems reasonable enough. Of course, any good player would P-shield or spot-dodge it, but they might not see it coming, so I guess that's its advantage. Hmm...I don't use this very much. I guess I should now that I have a reason to...

nublet06

Smash Lord
i think i finally found a reasonable use for it. i dont have anyone to play with right now......so it would be nice if someone could test it out.

short hop.....but instead of fireballing right away.....do it on the way down and get the fireball as low as possible.

^^^^ do you think that could edge gaurd a sweet spot illusion by fox or falco?

i doubt i would use it a lot if it did work.....except for lawlage like the taunt. and you figure with a fast faller you might catch them off gaurd and kill them.......or set up for a dair.

just an idea.....and if this does work. i want it do be called the chet hop fireball.

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
I used the shf before reading this guide, and it was pretty useful. I use it when I hit my opponent and send him too far to continue any combo, but not too far to send him offstage: I WD towards him and I shf.
Then he can:
- think of the fireball menace (it's a slow projectile so if he techs on place or rolls backwards the fireball will hit him) and roll towards me, so I can hit him again;
- stay on place and get hit by the fireball, so I can take advantage of a very short panic time where he shields and grab him;
- roll backwards and get hit by the fireball (if I timed it correctly): in this case, well, at least it's free damage.

He can obviously avoid the fireball somehow, but that technique is safe because you can't be countered, so it's good anyway.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Thunders tosses SHF all the time. Granted, it was against a slow character (Ikki's Peach) and he almost never hit it, but the point is to throw off your opponent's game by having one more obstacle on the field they have to go through. It's not a very good obstacle but it's still there.

Top Bottom