• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Semiannual King of Evil Election!

Status
Not open for further replies.

etecoon

Smash Hero
wandered in stalking bizkit because I'm bored as **** at 2am, just wanted to say that I didn't take that set very seriously as I didn't have real money on the line, but even ignoring that my snake and sauce's MK aren't real threats...likewise I beat teevee's...third best character and a random character he had no business using in tournament, if he had taken me seriously I probably wouldn't have won

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Nvm I misunderstood what he typed apparently lulz.

By the way, just from skimming I wouldn't say winning a game with Ganon and then winning the other match with another character counts as a set win with Ganon. It counts as a set win with Ganon/character #2. Just like in results threads how you put character usages of characters that help players advance. If a Samus player wins game 1 as Samus and then goes MK game 2 to win, that counts as a Samus/MK usage. The player can't say "Yea I won the set with Samus".
Well I'm not saying I only won the set with Ganon. What Verm is saying is that the set should be completely excluded from considerations, just because I used another character during the set. And I think that it should be included, just with less weight because I didn't use Ganon to win the entire set.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Well I'm not saying I only won the set with Ganon. What Verm is saying is that the set should be completely excluded from considerations, just because I used another character during the set. And I think that it should be included, just with less weight.
I didn't say they counted for nothing, though, at this point, I believe it. I just didn't like how everything was being thrown into the air in complete dishevelment and things that were discouraged were then acceptable.

I think taking a game off of someone should hold the weight of maybe a 1$ MM.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I think taking a game off of someone should hold the weight of maybe a 1$ MM.
And I disagree (as I'm sure you can guess) but it's cool. It's up to the voter ultimately.

Also can you edit both of our resumes into the OP?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I use Ganondorf in low Tier tournaments and rarely in regular singles. Although my chances to actually be a threat in this competition is minimal I might join this just for entertainment and - hopefully - to make myself a name as a legitimate Ganondorf. I consider this a call-out to use more Ganondorf and I hope that by the time of the next "election" I have some notable players and **** videos under my belt.

:059:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ugh, must we really do this again?

The last one was just... meh. Does it really matter who the absolute best Ganon is? Nobody is going to debate the fact that DLA, Verm, and Ray_Kalm are the top three. To me, this just seems silly and argument for the sake of argument.

Now, what we could do is something akin to that old tournament results thread, but factor in MMs somehow as well, and matchups that actually happen in such tournaments. Not really sure how to go about it, but then I just woke up.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Ugh, must we really do this again?

The last one was just... meh. Does it really matter who the absolute best Ganon is? Nobody is going to debate the fact that DLA, Verm, and Ray_Kalm are the top three. To me, this just seems silly and argument for the sake of argument.

Now, what we could do is something akin to that old tournament results thread, but factor in MMs somehow as well, and matchups that actually happen in such tournaments. Not really sure how to go about it, but then I just woke up.
I kind of just want to stop it for now, but DLA does want to continue.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
No one seems to want to give their opinion on our tournament results so whatever. I guess no one will be king of evil.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah. I had a feeling it would turn out this way. Only a handful of people would participate, and with only a handful, it's useless. I'll edit out the Ganon tier list for a while.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
If you are making it again, you should not base everything on wifi. I understand that there are a lot of not offline players that use Ganondorf but, A tier when you had never even visited a offline tournament seemed a bit too much. Sucks that it ended like this too, but don't let it discourage you DLA and Verm! People are still trying to live up to you, but maybe its just not the thing to search the very best Ganon... Which was obviously the one from Oot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom