• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Scotland is pretty much all melee these days since none of us play that n00000by game ;). Tho if u wanna start up a brawl community go ahead. We just need more smash here in general :(

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
melee is teh sex. brawl is masturbation
In that case there's nothing wrong with a little bit of brawl...

P.S. I really seriously considered SNY, decided **** it why not, then I checked the dates and realised me and my gf have a mini holiday planned for then lol. Bad times.

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
Glasgow. I met Zeppo once when he was trying to get a scene started, but that never took off and the venue he used went out of business lol. I think that was almost 2 years ago.. yeah I had just started first year in uni.

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
Yeah I should be able to make a trip up to Edinburgh every month or couple of months.

In the meantime I'll just be lurking here and trying to gain some kind of tech skill in melee... (lol notgonnahappen)

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys

As some of you may already kno me and shiftingshadows have a flat now which means we don't have to use teviot for fests anymore and so we can host fests more regularly and provide housing for ppl traveling.

I'm thinking of hosting something after sny so after 12 august. Are there any dates that ppl are free?

Paul? Kieran? Ryan? Allen? You guys shud all come!

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Me and shiftingshadows are thinking of hosting a fest at our flat next wednesday 18th august. Anyone free to play?

Zeppo? invisible muffin? jalued? gluepot? foulplay? you guys shud all come!!!

@callum me, seikend, and jalued went to sny

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
faaack I saw this really late :(. I'd have been up for it as well. Im moving to Stirling soon for university (unless I decide not to), and although it doesn't change much we DEFINITELY need to play before I go ;)

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
****nnit paul!! u gotta check teh boards more!!! And yeah we definitely MUST play sometime this summer. When are u next free? I'm an unemployed bum right now so i can play pretty much whenever.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
fortune- was just talking to allan about this. Could play next thursday I think. We need to get everyone together, I can confirm it in a couple days :D

Joe- I really cant do smash these days at least competitively. smash camp would be good

Kone

Smash Master
Jus tdo what i do and turn up, hang out and play. You dont need to go overboard and be maaad competitive.

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
Or join me messing about in Smash 64 :p

Fortune, has Josh got any of the videos of me up on youtube or anything? I kinda want to view them and so I can ask about other people for tips on how to be better and blow your socks off when I next see you ;)

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
muffin - yeah josh gave me the vids of you guys playing i can post them up on youtube later if u want.

Zeppo - Awesome dude next thursday is good for me!

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
Where?

I might, that is a very big MIGHT be able to make it - I've been asked if I'm able to work that weekend but mainly Saturday... my boss is really really disorganised like that but he pays me well so I don't care lol. So if I'm not needed Sunday I'll be free to do whatever.

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
I've got your typical good news and bad news.

The bad news is I'm definitely working Sunday.

The good news is I've got brawl minus working and it's **** funny. It's like a FALCON PAWNCH on crystal meth. Which isn't really good news anyway since I'm not coming Sunday...

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
I've got your typical good news and bad news.

The bad news is I'm definitely working Sunday.

The good news is I've got brawl minus working and it's **** funny. It's like a FALCON PAWNCH on crystal meth. Which isn't really good news anyway since I'm not coming Sunday...
Awww poor. I can still bring smash 64 if anyone wants it, but it will be on the 64 :D

Also what food do people like, i could bring HEAPS of bacon for snacks inbetween take aways if anyone would like :L

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
i think if people want to play brawl then a brawl setup should be available at least. I think that is only fair and could boost the small scottish smash scene.

i will be willing to play brawl
Hence why, if I was coming, I'd bring Brawl if other people were interested, but no game is any fun if you're playing with people who aren't interested in it.

Top Bottom