• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR official stance on Metaknight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shlike

Smash Ace
So why zss still so low on the tear list!? Any way i do not play competed i was just thinking more on the lines that MK is a diversity killer. The more ppl who play him the less we will see of ever one else. Also with online play MK is dam near imposable to beat from what i seen may be there should be a look at the idea of offline and online with this debate.
top of b tier isnt exactly 'low' on the tier list

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So why zss still so low on the tear list!? Any way i do not play competed i was just thinking more on the lines that MK is a diversity killer. The more ppl who play him the less we will see of ever one else. Also with online play MK is dam near imposable to beat from what i seen may be there should be a look at the idea of offline and online with this debate.
Because the tier list isn't entirely based on "who can beat MK the hardest", it's "who is better overall than the rest". MK doesn't really have a LOT to do with placement, seeing as bot ROB and Marth have trouble fighting him according to the last time they finished a discussion regarding Marth vs MK, and they're both in high tier too.

And umm... If you don't play competitively, then I don't think you have enough experience to argue side-to-side with the competitive players who have seen what MK can do, and who have played against very good MKs. No offense.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because the tier list isn't entirely based on "who can beat MK the hardest", it's "who is better overall than the rest". MK doesn't really have a LOT to do with placement, seeing as bot ROB and Marth have trouble fighting him according to the last time they finished a discussion regarding Marth vs MK, and they're both in high tier too.
But they're not in the cool kids club. D:

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
anyhow, is there any chance the community will see the sbr discussion?
i think there's a good chance that people could learn something.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The height of the SBR discussion was condensed into the gigantic opening post that was placed in the public poll.

Jski

Smash Apprentice

And umm... If you don't play competitively, then I don't think you have enough experience to argue side-to-side with the competitive players who have seen what MK can do, and who have played against very good MKs. No offense.
Non taken just putting my views out there. One person not going to set the rules but its good to put some descending comments out there.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Like Ankoku said, the SBR put it's opinions out for the public to view. You can view that if you want to see what both sides thought.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
The height of the SBR discussion was condensed into the gigantic opening post that was placed in the public poll.
thanks, i just thought there might be talk of spacing, frames, matchups, e.c.t.
i'm disappointed in pro-ban for not having compelling arguments
but they have to work with what the games gives them
and in the current metagame, metaknight is not broken enough to be banned.

D

Deleted member

Why was there even a poll? Didn't we all know that it wouldn't happen?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i saw a much better argument for the pro ban, yet anti won. buncha mk users
You really think that?

I don't use MK and would no way benefit from him remaining legal yet I am very anti-ban.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Well I'm glad it's over. At least for the time being.

Broly

Smash Lord
i dont understand why respectable players and/or T.O's from every region get together and discuss their point of views as they see the tournament scene from a greater respective.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
two things,
1. lol @ankoku trying to act like 80% of people dont just copy and paste the sbr ruleset for tourneys, sure you dont tell them to, but you know that exactly what the majority of people do

2. lol @ hylian for saying this is the last time were talking about this and proceeding to continue to talk about it in this thread.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
i saw a much better argument for the pro ban, yet anti won. buncha mk users
What I'm guessing is that we weren't convincing enough that MK was depriving the game of a competitive level that would be higher than the one we have now, and that part of our arguments was idle speculation with no solid ground to back up our predictions. Plus, thinking about the uncertain future really isn't something that can be done precisely, anything can happen that could alter how things end up.

And, well, the anti-ban was using information pertaining past and present events where MK has proven to not be the most dominant in the tourney scenes, or dominant enough to warrant serious ban consideration. The fact that in the Smash "Senate" the majority were against the ban means that they felt MK didn't REALLY affect the game to that degree that pro-ban was arguing.

And well, in the end, what happened happened, and MK was voted "Not Banned", and the majority of the votes that counted weren't for the ban, sadly.

And no, the SBR isn't biased. They're humans too and capable of bias, but they're there because they know what's good for the game AND have proven time and again to be able to reason beyond bias. I'm 100% positive that in the community poll, over 60-70% of the voters were biased in a way, be them pro-ban or anti-ban altogether.

And the debate's over, so why keep on arguing? Check out the cool threads around the other forums to kill time rather than fight about how "they're biased because everyone mains MK in there".

Edit: I see a bunch of one-liners and 7-word sentences. I guess argument's arguments for the sake of arguing.

D

Deleted member

Why do we care what is decided here? Aren't the TO's the ones who ultimately make the decisions?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
two things,
1. lol @ankoku trying to act like 80% of people dont just copy and paste the sbr ruleset for tourneys, sure you dont tell them to, but you know that exactly what the majority of people do

2. lol @ hylian for saying this is the last time were talking about this and proceeding to continue to talk about it in this thread.
Just clearing up misconceptions about Texas. Once this thread is closed I'm done.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
two things,
Selective obedience? We tell them what we recommend and not to copy/paste the stuff, so they take our recommendations and just copy/paste it all. We tell them Meta Knight is not officially banned but encourage TOs who feel strongly enough to run MK-banned tournaments, so people run tournaments with Meta Knight legal and complain about the character.

Okay. People only listening to half of what we tell them (the easy half that doesn't involve their own personal opinion) is certainly not a problem any of us can really solve.

'V'

Smash Lord
That's why they are opinions. :@
Well... If he's gonna blurt out accusations like that, he should at least back them up with facts or some logic or something. Seriously... I've been hearing quite a few people saying things like "The SBR mains MK and that's why he's not banned" and stuff. It's really annoying.

Broly

Smash Lord
yea, i guess. but whos to say ''sbr does things right all the time'' so many tournys have different oppinions on stages, planking, mk himself, its ridiculous. im not saying they ar making a mstake not banning him, but if four straight polls had mk banned, then wats the hold up? public poll is the commuunity, the commuunity IS the smash scene. w/o them, smash is dead, right?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well... If he's gonna blurt out accusations like that, he should at least back them up with facts or some logic or something. Seriously... I've been hearing quite a few people saying things like "The SBR mains MK and that's why he's not banned" and stuff. It's really annoying.
it's just a conspiracy theory.
let them have their mental breakdowns.
all you can do is laugh at them.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
And no, the SBR isn't biased
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, wait, you were serious.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, seriously, the SBR is extremely biased. I'd be willing to put money on that at least half of the votes cast for either side were for personal reasons as much as game balance and the community.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
technically it's impossible not to be biased.
if you're voting yes then obviously you're biased towards the pro ban side. :/

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
technically it's impossible not to be biased.
if you're voting yes then obviously you're biased towards the pro ban side. :/
But why make it hard on your self and talk in technicalities, when it's not that hard to figure out what we really mean by biased?

Biased, as in "doing it for my own good", is the one I'm picking up here and there.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Ahh it was to be expected, no big deal, although slightly disappointed

It couldn't hurt trying out the ban mrite?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
But why make it hard on your self and talk in technicalities, when it's not that hard to figure out what we really mean by biased?

Biased, as in "doing it for my own good", is the one I'm picking up here and there.
Because technicalities are the only sense of reality we have sometimes.

all i'm saying is that it's kind of weird when you're accusing someone else of being biased, when in fact your accusation itself is probably filled with biases.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ahh it was to be expected, no big deal, although slightly disappointed

It couldn't hurt trying out the ban mrite?
We have no problems with TOs "trying out" the ban.

The decision to be made here was whether or not to standardize the banning of Meta Knight.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Because technicalities are the only sense of reality we have sometimes.
I guess... :(

all i'm saying is that it's kind of weird when you're accusing someone else of being biased, when in fact your accusation itself is probably filled with biases.
I lol at all the redundance in this thread then.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
When people are lost all they can do is try to blame the credentials. They take no notice of the fact that they can act according to their own beliefs and instead choose to complain.

This, I will never understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom