• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
With all this hullabaloo about King K Rool today, I want to bring up something people have discussed about King K Rool but not Daisy: their recent trademarks.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/jajEV0wKLk8iyMOzYOzF06L0jEhFsUqo

Here, we can see that Daisy has been trademarked (heck, even called a "fan favorite"), although for a spinoff title.

King K Rool was also trademarked recently in a title that's also probably a spinoff: Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber, a DS title for the Wii U Virtual Console.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Xa0YAXm9S_tEzs80av_qC7c-U5HyY_uQ

Now, on both the page for DK:JC on the original DS and the Wii U Virtual Console page for DK64, K Rool wasn't trademarked. But now he is trademarked, and has a Mii Fighter costume for Smash!

Basically, my point is that K Rool was trademarked recently, and now he is going to appear in Smash (hopefully as a fighter in addition to the Mii Fighter costume). Daisy was trademarked for some odd reason; should we expect anything?

Sorry for the possible straw-grasping/false correlation, but I haven't seen people talk about this.
Well I know they can't resell a Daisy Mii costume, so I'm not sure. Let's just hope for the best

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm pretty sure that a Daisy Mii Fighter outfit is completely impossible because dress physics will have to be taken into account (especially if you look at how long it is). The thing with Mii Fighters are that their outfits need to have enough leg space for running or attacking (especially in the Fighter's case).

The only way I see it happening is if they go with the Tennis or Striker designs, which I doubt will be the case since most character-based outfits use their most iconic appearance. Take Zero for example for which he's in his Mega Man X form as opposed to Mega Man Zero. Heihachi is another example since most Tekken fans know him as that black haired badass instead of the geezer he is in few recent titles.

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that a Daisy Mii Fighter outfit is completely impossible because dress physics will have to be taken into account (especially if you look at how long it is). The thing with Mii Fighters are that their outfits need to have enough leg space for running or attacking (especially in the Fighter's case).

The only way I see it happening is if they go with the Tennis or Striker designs, which I doubt will be the case since most character-based outfits use their most iconic appearance. Take Zero for example for which he's in his Mega Man X form as opposed to Mega Man Zero. Heihachi is another example since most Tekken fans know him as that black haired badass instead of the geezer he is in few recent titles.
Don't we already have a Daisy costume?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't we already have a Daisy costume?
It's just the crown and wig combo, based on the same assets used for the 3DS Streetpass Plaza. A lot of hats from that app had been reused as customizable accessories for the Mii Fighters and I know since I've binge collected these things. The dress in a way would be completely impossible to be used for the reasons I've stated.

Now that I think of it, these reused Mii assets in a way do make the Streetpass Plaza's function irrelevant (though you can only were these just for your Mii specifically in that app).

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
It's just the crown and wig combo, based on the same assets used for the 3DS Streetpass Plaza. A lot of hats from that app had been reused as customizable accessories for the Mii Fighters and I know since I've binge collected these things. The dress in a way would be completely impossible to be used for the reasons I've stated.

Now that I think of it, these reused Mii assets in a way do make the Streetpass Plaza's function irrelevant (though you can only were these just for your Mii specifically in that app).
I just hope your right. Here's to hoping that no Daisy Mii costume is announced tomorrow.

Also hopefully not Shant-bae

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
So is there a general consensus around here that Daisy won't be in Super Mario Maker? I thought that there would be 63 non-Animal Crossing amiibo costumes and the Animal Crossig amiibo themselves wouldn't be much, but... it looks like they are counting the AC figurines and cards separately. Isabelle has two different colors (seen here: www.nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-maker-may-offer-different-colored-amiibo-costumes).

Now, the problem here is this: how many Animal Crossing cards/figurines do you think will be used for the game? If both of them are used, that would be 8 figurines and first 17 cards (cards seen here: www.36.media.tumblr.com/b64fe7488415e460d7c0eee06693f396/tumblr_ns9cy9yOSn1urmbqyo1_r1_1280.png). This would mean that there are 88 costume slots taken. I assume that the Koopalings would take up 7 more, so there would be 4 slots yet. I saw a post on GameFAQs where Goomba was confirmed for a costume, but can we really expect Daisy with such slim chances?

I honestly hope that there will be 10-15 AC costumes. It makes no sense for Mario to get 8 characters in the 30th anniversary of their series while AC gets way more than that.

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
So is there a general consensus around here that Daisy won't be in Super Mario Maker? I thought that there would be 63 non-Animal Crossing amiibo costumes and the Animal Crossig amiibo themselves wouldn't be much, but... it looks like they are counting the AC figurines and cards separately. Isabelle has two different colors (seen here: www.nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-maker-may-offer-different-colored-amiibo-costumes).

Now, the problem here is this: how many Animal Crossing cards/figurines do you think will be used for the game? If both of them are used, that would be 8 figurines and first 17 cards (cards seen here: www.36.media.tumblr.com/b64fe7488415e460d7c0eee06693f396/tumblr_ns9cy9yOSn1urmbqyo1_r1_1280.png). This would mean that there are 88 costume slots taken. I assume that the Koopalings would take up 7 more, so there would be 4 slots yet. I saw a post on GameFAQs where Goomba was confirmed for a costume, but can we really expect Daisy with such slim chances?

I honestly hope that there will be 10-15 AC costumes. It makes no sense for Mario to get 8 characters in the 30th anniversary of their series while AC gets way more than that.
I'm not sure if anyone knows this yet but are you able to choose amiibo characters in styles other than Super Mario Bros?

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if anyone knows this yet but are you able to choose amiibo characters in styles other than Super Mario Bros?
The amiibo costumes are only for the SMB mode, I'm afraid. SMB3 has the Leaf, SMW has the Feather, and NSMB has the Propeller Mushroom instead.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

That would be....interesting.

But Mr Game and Watch finally gets the game he deserves!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Actually the Wii U Daisy crown is a new model.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Actually the Wii U Daisy crown is a new model.
Yes it's a new model since the Wii U is a powerful finale that handles more polygons than a handheld. The same can easily be argued for any other hat and the similarities (jewelry placement, shape of the "hat", crown placement, proportions, etc.) are more or less the same.

I've went out of my way of comparing all of them (Smash Wii U, Smash 3DS, and Streetpass Plaza) and the polygon usage are the only real differences. I would gladly show you a side by side comparison, but the damn Photoshop app ran out.

Sorry, still sour over what happened to Brash and Lloyd this morning.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Bear Costume does show that even Mii Hats included at launch aren't safe from their complete Mii'ening.
Including Daisy, possibly.
Unless they go with Sports Outfit or Strikers Gear, it don't really see them shortening up Daisy's dress since it wouldn't look like her.

Like many others said, Mii Fighter costumes don't really deconfirm a character (look at the highly requested K. Rool for example) but it does make them a bit less likely. Not like I really care since I would gladly take a Mii Fighter outfit or alt over nothing.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Unless they go with Sports Outfit or Strikers Gear, it don't really see them shortening up Daisy's dress since it wouldn't look like her.

Like many others said, Mii Fighter costumes don't really deconfirm a character (look at the highly requested K. Rool for example) but it does make them a bit less likely. Not like I really care since I would gladly take a Mii Fighter outfit or alt over nothing.
I'm sorry for being greedy, but I most definitely do not want a Mii Fighter costume. The Daisy Wig and Protective Gear on a Mii resembles/references a Strikers outfit just enough to make any DIHSO/Striker Mii costume redundant. Would it be better than nothing? I guess, but it would still feel like a slap in the face if it wasn't an alt.

I've recently started to support Daisy as a separate fighter, but if nothing comes up, I would definitely want an alt and not be left dry until Smash 5 (which would probably still be unlikely for Daisy).

Wait, guys! A crazy idea just popped into my head! What if Daisy got in... as a clone/semi-clone of the Mii Brawler? Since the Daisy Wig/Protective Gear Daisy Mii looks similar to Striker Daisy, they could make her like one!

Brb making a moveset

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I'll always support daisy, she's been my favorite ever since i was a little kid !
edit: im glad that this thread exists ! its a shame that the isaac .. and ..bandana dee threads are more popular.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I'll always support daisy, she's been my favorite ever since i was a little kid !
edit: im glad that this thread exists ! its a shame that the isaac .. and ..bandana dee threads are more popular.
Welcome fellow supporter, feel free to hang around as much as you like, and talk about Princess Daisy until the ballot ends, and thanks for your support.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Welcome fellow supporter, feel free to hang around as much as you like, and talk about Princess Daisy until the ballot ends, and thanks for your support.
oh i've been here before, i just haven't been using this website recently.
yes, as soon as i heard the ballot was announced i've been voting for her and spreading the word on tumblr and stuff !

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sadly, the Isaac and Dee threads are much more popular given many believe that Mario is well represented and doesn't need a new character. But that should not be a factor given that Mario in general is Nintendo's golden boy and overall the franchise with the widest appeal of everything represented in Smash.

Also, welcome to the Daisy club. :)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So what are you guys thoughts about the Mii costumes? Some say this deconfirms the characters in place, what do all of you think?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So what are you guys thoughts about the Mii costumes? Some say this deconfirms the characters in place, what do all of you think?
I don't think so until official proof.

Also, something that may answer that;

DMurr said:
I'm not trying to make a statement about our previous conversation, but I thought you'd like this if you didn't already see it. The Samus costume is the same design as her character design, from Other M. I'm actually surprised they did that over using another one. She has so many. Link got a different design, Samus didn't.

Quoted from leaks thread.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
I think they're Trophies 2.0. As in, people will quickly assume that a character will be deconfirmed for whatever reason. Okay, maybe they might actually deconfirm third-party characters, but characters like King K. Rool should be safe.

...on that note, I'm seriously starting to doubt that character alts would even appear at all! This may or may not bode well for Daisy. I'm kinda mad that they thought a Chrom Mii Fighter costume would work over an actual Chrom alt for, say, Lucina. Do you guys think that the ballot results may make the developers consider making character alts and not Mii Fighter costumes?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I think they're Trophies 2.0. As in, people will quickly assume that a character will be deconfirmed for whatever reason. Okay, maybe they might actually deconfirm third-party characters, but characters like King K. Rool should be safe.

...on that note, I'm seriously starting to doubt that character alts would even appear at all! This may or may not bode well for Daisy. I'm kinda mad that they thought a Chrom Mii Fighter costume would work over an actual Chrom alt for, say, Lucina. Do you guys think that the ballot results may make the developers consider making character alts and not Mii Fighter costumes?
Who knows? Sakurai said he would announce more stuff on August, so let's wait and see what happens.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

http://omar-dogan.deviantart.com/art/Waluigi-playing-for-keeps-550123361
I love and hate the image at the same time. I hate it (as strongly as the word is, it's not really that far but you get what I mean) for obvious reasons, pairing, sad Luigi, etc... But goddamn, I wouldn't be lying when I say I love the way Daisy looks and how well drawn she is, face and everything... Her expression is just that love to me, it's so cute and so spunky with that grimace she has...

But other then that, I feel so bad for Luigi... :(

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

http://omar-dogan.deviantart.com/art/Waluigi-playing-for-keeps-550123361
I love and hate the image at the same time. I hate it (as strongly as the word is, it's not really that far but you get what I mean) for obvious reasons, pairing, sad Luigi, etc... But goddamn, I wouldn't be lying when I say I love the way Daisy looks and how well drawn she is, face and everything... Her expression is just that love to me, it's so cute and so spunky with that grimace she has...

But other then that, I feel so bad for Luigi... :(
"It won't mean a thing if you don't put a ring on it, Weege!"

It won't mean a thing if your crush is one sided on one side, and said person doesn't like you or maybe even hate you, and haven't shown more than one hint aside from a guide whose content is not canon, only given permission by the company who owns the characters and thus they decide who goes with who.

And besides this artist is a Luigi x Rosalina fan, it's up to him who he wants to ship with, but he is definitely the odd one out of the bunch in this case which is not always a good thing and here it isn't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom