• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
The reason some want Wally in the Wario series is because he is the only character who he has any real connection to, not including his rivalry with Luigi( and that "crush" on Daisy doesn't count), and as for the swordsman argument people are gonna go: "But they are all unique and relevant! Daisy is not!" (Looks at Lucina, Toon Link and to a lesser extent Roy..).
oh, sure! I get why they want, and do it. I just get anal retentive when people say he is in that series.
And, yeah I have no problem with the sword characters, I like pretty much all of the roster, but people can't say that stuff about Daisy and not about them. Double standaaaaards.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
oh, sure! I get why they want, and do it. I just get anal retentive when people say he is in that series.
And, yeah I have no problem with the sword characters, I like pretty much all of the roster, but people can't say that stuff about Daisy and not about them. Double standaaaaards.
They say that because they simply don't want her in.

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
The reason some want Wally in the Wario series is because he is the only character who he has any real connection to, not including his rivalry with Luigi( and that "crush" on Daisy doesn't count), and as for the swordsman argument people are gonna go: "But they are all unique and relevant! Daisy is not!" (Looks at Lucina, Toon Link and to a lesser extent Roy..).
Uhhh Lucina and Roy aren't irrelevant. At least not story wise.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Finally, someone actually speaks the truth. Everyone likes the clones in the game because of their character (especially in Lucina's case) or simply because they are last minute additions. Yet they even have the nerve to insult Daisy with the clone arguments or think of her as less deserving than fan favorite Waluigi. I'm not going to say any names and have seen many instances of over these boards, so there's not a single person innocent here. But alas, this is basically the gaming community in a nutshell and there are simply no ways for people to not come into a disagreement.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Finally, someone actually speaks the truth. Everyone likes the clones in the game because of their character (especially in Lucina's case) or simply because they are last minute additions. Yet they even have the nerve to insult Daisy with the clone arguments or think of her as less deserving than fan favorite Waluigi. I'm not going to say any names and have seen many instances of over these boards, so there's not a single person innocent here. But alas, this is basically the gaming community in a nutshell and there are simply no ways for people to not come into a disagreement.
Everything you've said is true, people say they like clones because of their character, yet they are being hypocrites saying that Daisy would just be clone and thus not enjoyable at all.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
If you had to choose between a totally original new fighter or a new clone or semi-clone, I think it would make a lot of sense to go with the original character over the clone. I don't think that's usually the kind of decision that Sakurai and co. have to make though. If I remember right, Sakurai has said a few times that clone fighters take significantly less time to make than totally original fighters and has described them more as a "bonus" than as direct competition for potential new original fighters.

I don't know of any reason to think fighter ballot DLC is going to be any different in that regard. As far as I know, we don't have a hard cap on the number of ballot characters, so if a ballot fighter takes less time to make because he or she is a veteran, clone, or semi-clone, that could mean that we'll get more DLC characters than if they were all totally original. I'm not saying I would like most or all of the new characters to be similar to other fighters on the roster, just that "X would just be a clone," doesn't seem to me like a good reason to dismiss a potential ballot fighter like Daisy (or Dixie), even if it were completely true (which I think is pretty arguable anyway).

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Sometimes... people are the dumbest creatures alive.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad

Yeah. If you think about it, people who dismiss Daisy as a Peach "clone" tend to have reasoning that hold little to no weight in every post they make. It's a wild hunch, but I can almost confirm this after spending hours at GameFAQs.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I've done a lotta reading about all of this 'double standard' business, and it seems that they appreciate some clone characters that are already in the game, despite them being a clone, but yet, every time the name Daisy (yet, a clone character as well) is brought up, people become unfair to her, and now, all of a sudden, they want unique characters.

@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan is right, people ARE probably the dumbest creatures alive (no offense to the people of this board). Any new comer can potentially be a clone character as well, and it's all cool with them, but Daisy, possibly a clone character in other's eyes, just miraculously want unique characters! If you read between the lines, what does that say? I think that they just don't want her in the game, despite already having their characters of choice from the Mario franchise. They're just unfair, and just, why is Princess Daisy the character that people love to hate, anyway?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I've done a lotta reading about all of this 'double standard' business, and it seems that they appreciate some clone characters that are already in the game, despite them being a clone, but yet, every time the name Daisy (yet, a clone character as well) is brought up, people become unfair to her, and now, all of a sudden, they want unique characters.

@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan is right, people ARE probably the dumbest creatures alive (no offense to the people of this board). Any new comer can potentially be a clone character as well, and it's all cool with them, but Daisy, possibly a clone character in other's eyes, just miraculously want unique characters! If you read between the lines, what does that say? I think that they just don't want her in the game, despite already having their characters of choice from the Mario franchise. They're just unfair, and just, why is Princess Daisy the character that people love to hate, anyway?
Because in the eyes of most fo the Smash community, she is just a clone character with an annoying personality to them that has no place there.

D

Deleted member

I think the hate for clones is too much. Especially when, as has been said, many people actually enjoy playing as clones. As for myself, I play Lucina and Dark Pit over Marth and Pit. What's funny to me is, I'm pretty sure that if Dark Pit and Lucina were 'alts' on the CSS but still retained their differences, people wouldn't complain about them. But something about taking up a holy character slot on the CSS when you're only a clone is a near unforgivable sin....

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I think the hate for clones is too much. Especially when, as has been said, many people actually enjoy playing as clones. As for myself, I play Lucina and Dark Pit over Marth and Pit. What's funny to me is, I'm pretty sure that if Dark Pit and Lucina were 'alts' on the CSS but still retained their differences, people wouldn't complain about them. But something about taking up a holy character slot on the CSS when you're only a clone is a near unforgivable sin....
I thought I was the only one who preferred Dark Pit and Lucina over Pit and Marth, all right let's say they give Daisy the semi-clone or 'Luigi' treatment, how do you guys think she would turn out?

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I was actually hoping for Dark Pit as an individual character before the games release. He's probably my current main next to maybe villager or jiggs, and I also play Lucina over Marth! Even though I flat out hate luigi (no offense to people who do like him) he's a pretty unique character imo. I'd be more than satisfied if she got that treatment and to be honest it's kind of what I was expecting to happen.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Conversation starter:

What would Daisy's Title be in the Punch Out stage?

If my moveset was somehow incorporated I think it'd be: The Flower-Crystal Princess

Or just in general: Tomboy at Heart

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The Flower Funkster, Dressed for Success, Thorny Rose, Princess of Pain, Sarasaland's Spunker, Flower Power Tower, Never in Another Castle, Rowdy Royalty, Plucks Flowers and People, Motherplucker.

EDIT: I forgot the best one:

HI SHE'S DAISY

Related:

Introducting herself and The one who shouts her name

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Conversation starter:

What would Daisy's Title be in the Punch Out stage?

If my moveset was somehow incorporated I think it'd be: The Flower-Crystal Princess

Or just in general: Tomboy at Heart
Knowing the Smash series, I'd say either they'll go a more simpler route and make her the "Princess of Sarasaland" or in general, " A Tomboy at Heart", "The Tomboy Princess" or "Royal Tomboy" I've also been partial to "Royal Pain"

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
The Flower Funkster, Dressed for Success, Thorny Rose, Princess of Pain, Sarasaland's Spunker, Flower Power Tower, Never in Another Castle, Rowdy Royalty, Plucks Flowers and People, Motherplucker.

HI SHE'S DAISY

Related:

These are all excellent. I think out of that selection the most likely one would be either dressed for success or princess of pain which I think suits her more than dressed for success.

Knowing the Smash series, I'd say either they'll go a more simpler route and make her the "Princess of Sarasaland" or in general, " A Tomboy at Heart", "The Tomboy Princess" or "Royal Tomboy" I've also been partial to "Royal Pain"
Although smashkirby has great ones too, they'd definitely pick something like Royal Tomboy I think. Or they should...

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad

HI SHE'S DAISY

Related:

The "Sarasaland's Spunker" title seems like it would be a nice homage to her debut. I like it.

HanAmes

Smash Ace

HI SHE'S DAISY

Related:

I like 'HI, SHE'S DAISY', 'Sarasaland's Spunker', and 'Never in another castle.'

smashkirby

Smash Hero
These are all excellent. I think out of that selection the most likely one would be either dressed for success or princess of pain which I think suits her more than dressed for success.

Although smashkirby has great ones too, they'd definitely pick something like Royal Tomboy I think. Or they should...
The "Sarasaland's Spunker" title seems like it would be a nice homage to her debut. I like it.
That seems like a good suggestion, though I'm still quite partial to "Royal Tomboy" or "Royal Pain":p (BTW, I forgot to mention this before, but "Royal Pain" stems from the famous fact that Princess Daisy's "true strength" was shown off quite comically in Mario Party 3 during a certain scene I think we Princess Daisy fans are well acquainted with by now! I still think that the certain someone who was on the receiving end of that certain assault would be absolutely TERRIFIED to see her in Smash!)

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
That seems like a good suggestion, though I'm still quite partial to "Royal Tomboy" or "Royal Pain":p (BTW, I forgot to mention this before, but "Royal Pain" stems from the famous fact that Princess Daisy's "true strength" was shown off quite comically in Mario Party 3 during a certain scene I think we Princess Daisy fans are well acquainted with by now! I still think that the certain someone who was on the receiving end of that certain assault would be absolutely TERRIFIED to see her in Smash!)
I thought most people had forgotten about that game XD.

Top Bottom