• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I honestly doubt Daisy is in Mario Maker. Remember when Smash 4 was getting really close to the release date and we were getting so exciting and wanted to know if Peach supposedly had a Daisy alt? Well it all ended in disappointment cause she just had the Daisy colors again.

I feel like if Daisy really was in Mario Maker she would be confirmed by now, and if there's this long of a wait then she's probably not in and the missing costumes are probably something like 520 more Mario recolors or 150 Yoshi colors :p
But in all serious though it's probably like 5 more Mario recolors and 5 more Yoshi colors.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I honestly doubt Daisy is in Mario Maker. Remember when Smash 4 was getting really close to the release date and we were getting so exciting and wanted to know if Peach supposedly had a Daisy alt? Well it all ended in disappointment cause she just had the Daisy colors again.

I feel like if Daisy really was in Mario Maker she would be confirmed by now, and if there's this long of a wait then she's probably not in and the missing costumes are probably something like 520 more Mario recolors or 150 Yoshi colors :p
But in all serious though it's probably like 5 more Mario recolors and 5 more Yoshi colors.
Dude, don't lose hope just yet.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Well at least we know that the slots in between Waluigi and Little Mac are the Yoshi recolours.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
The only possible slots Daisy could be are 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 which is still quite a lot so I guess maybe I should still wait

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The only possible slots Daisy could be are 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 which is still quite a lot so I guess maybe I should still wait
I think slots 11 and 16-20 are taken by Dr.Mario, Metal Mario, Golden Mario, Construction Mario and Trampoline no.2......

I wouldn't be surprised if Blue Toad and Yellow Toad made it in too.

If Daisy isn't in then we have problems.

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I think slots 11 and 16-20 are taken by Dr.Mario, Metal Mario, Golden Mario, Construction Mario and Trampoline no.2......

I wouldn't be surprised if Blue Toad and Yellow Toad made it in too.

If Daisy isn't in then we have problems.
Nintendo have this problem, because we must first ask Nintendo about this issue and second, as they continue to reject to Daisy, I won't buy more Nintendo games (Except "Fire Emblem Fates" :awesome:).

For now, we can only wait.

#VOTEFORDAISY

Last edited:

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
If Daisy was to get into smash 4 I would want her to have a unique taunt to Peach. When Daisy wins a match against Peach she should say Awwww did you lose, you dumb air head!.

......#DAISYFORSMASH

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Daisy was to get into smash 4 I would want her to have a unique taunt to Peach. When Daisy wins a match against Peach she should say Awwww did you lose, you dumb air head!.

......#DAISYFORSMASH
10/10 Best Victory Animation

If you are truly excited about the idea of Daisy for Smash, then perhaps I'll put you on the support list. :p

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

......#DAISYFORSMASH
In my view, she should have a unique one against Rosalina, since they seem so intent on replacing Daisy with her at every opportunity lately.

See, for example, this Mario Kart 8 cushion - it's a new prize item for Japanese arcades, and the theme is the Princesses... It only has Peach and the freaky space-witch Rosalina. ;)

That's the sort of tomboyish vehicle I'd expect more of Daisy, to be honest. :p

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
In my view, she should have a unique one against Rosalina, since they seem so intent on replacing Daisy with her at every opportunity lately.

See, for example, this Mario Kart 8 cushion - it's a new prize item for Japanese arcades, and the theme is the Princesses... It only has Peach and the freaky space-witch Rosalina. ;)

That's the sort of tomboyish vehicle I'd expect more of Daisy, to be honest. :p
It's probably because they never gave Daisy a new render! :mad:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
It's probably because they never gave Daisy a new render! :mad:
Rosalina didn't have a new image in Mario Kart 7. While in Mario Kart 8, Daisy don't have new image.
But anyway, the fans create images.

Still, although she has no main picture, Daisy has an official image (silhouette) of Mario Kart 8.

By the way, I quite like this pixelated image ...

... and this image:

#VOTEFORDAISY

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait...Daisy's not in Mario Maker yet? Aye...
Yeah, the wait is going to take a while and no one had unlocked very costume (plus the Super Mario Wiki not being able to name all the known outfits). I'm guessing that towards the end of the week or next week is when we will know for sure if she's there.

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
That artwork is great and I can't stop staring at that Daisy emblem it's gorgeously hypnotic.

10/10 Best Victory Animation

If you are truly excited about the idea of Daisy for Smash, then perhaps I'll put you on the support list. :p
Yeah you can put me on the support list, I am always hoping for more female characters in smash and I love Daisy. :)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Hmm, if Daisy were in a platformer other than Mario Maker, what abilites would she have?

Mario— All arounder
Luigi— Highest jump, slippery traction when running
Toad — Super strength or super speed depending on game mechanics
Peach — Slowest and weakest but has the glide mechanic
Rosalina — Has access to the Mario Galaxy spin-attack
Daisy — ???????

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hmm, if Daisy were in a platformer other than Mario Maker, what abilites would she have?
And now to repeat the answer of an old question: Poor jumping, decent running speed, and the ability to create fluttering flower platforms in midair. Instead of the flower theme being used for mere aesthetics, it should be taken full advantage as being part of her gimmick in any Mario platformer.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I found a message about Daisy on Tumblr.
I wish Daisy was a much more popular princess. I mean, think of it this way, she’s not stereotypically feminine. She’s rowdy, and overly ostentatious. This isn’t bad, though. Often, princesses are portrayed as quiet and obedient, but Daisy breaks gender roles. And this isn’t even accomplished characterizing Daisy as less than or belittling her. What upsets me is the reaction of gamers. Many probably find her annoying, whereas Peach and Rosalina are invariably found to be attractive and sweet. Why can’t Daisy be percieved in the same light? She isn’t even available as a Smash Bros. fighter, meanwhile, Rosalina is, despite existing for a small while. It’s a little upsetting. I love her and the way she carries herself, especially in Mario kart Wii.
In this message, instead of Mario Kart Wii, I would put Mario Kart 8 because Daisy has its true character in that game.
Yes, I totally agree with the message, except for one thing.

In short, like this message from a user, I started to like Daisy when I saw that she was not the typical princess in distress "the useless girl", she is different, so she is my favorite female character from Mario Bros.

#VOTEFORDAISY

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

In this message, instead of Mario Kart Wii, I would put Mario Kart 8 because Daisy has its true character in that game.

In short, like this message from a user, I started to like Daisy when I saw that she was not the typical princess in distress "the useless girl", she is different, so she is my favorite female character from Mario Bros.

#VOTEFORDAISY
Good find, that.

I think the thing about Peach and Rosalina is that they largely embody the perennially-popular "Disney Princesses" stereotype, which, despite the name, applies to modern-day princess characters in most entertainment media, particularly in animation and video games.

As long as I'm drawing this comparison, I suppose the closest equivalents to Daisy in animation would be Merida from Pixar's Brave, and Anya/Anastasia from Don Bluth's Anastasia, and these two could quite fairly be considered to be less-popular than their "prissy" counterparts, as well.

The funny thing is, they all share vaguely similar appearances (due mostly to their hair colours and each being fairly athletic, oddly), along with their personality traits of being pretty ordinary people in spite of their regal status. :p

I guess the thing is, the stereotype is a popular one in entertainment for whatever reason, and characters who fall outside of it do unfortunately tend to be less widely-recognised.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Why is it that the 3D art I see in DeviantArt looks so washed out and fake but the 2D art looks fine?

Toadette's my second favourite female Mario character, and seeing her with Daisy is adorable! But the artist made the pink eyes look a little freaky...

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace

#VOTEFORDAISY
Whoever wrote that message on Tumblr have really shared some good wisdom with her fans, and I commend you for sharing that with us as well.

Of course Daisy is different from your typical pretty princess, she's actually more relatable with somewhat of a real world-like persona to her character. She's like the realest character you'll ever see, and it's such a pity that some of her haters don't see that about her. I like Daisy for her character to not show weakness and have such a strong competitive spirit. In the end, though, I'm just the type of guy who doesn't like princesses in need of saving, I'm the type of guy who likes queens who will fight by your side.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Good find, that.

I think the thing about Peach and Rosalina is that they largely embody the perennially-popular "Disney Princesses" stereotype, which, despite the name, applies to modern-day princess characters in most entertainment media, particularly in animation and video games.

As long as I'm drawing this comparison, I suppose the closest equivalents to Daisy in animation would be Merida from Pixar's Brave, and Anya/Anastasia from Don Bluth's Anastasia, and these two could quite fairly be considered to be less-popular than their "prissy" counterparts, as well.

The funny thing is, they all share vaguely similar appearances (due mostly to their hair colours and each being fairly athletic, oddly), along with their personality traits of being pretty ordinary people in spite of their regal status. :p

I guess the thing is, the stereotype is a popular one in entertainment for whatever reason, and characters who fall outside of it do unfortunately tend to be less widely-recognised.
I agree that Daisy does break the "Disney Princess girly girly" stereotype, but honestly, to me, all of the Mario princesses are vastly different from all of the Disney Princesses.

I don't know why exactly I think this, but I think it's the simple fact that the Mario princess each have powers of their own and can actually fight, and appear in a series that revolves around adventures and fighting (the Mario series). Peach has heart powers, can float, etc. Daisy has flower powers, is strong, etc. Rosalina has star powers, etc.

And yes, I know a few of the Disney princesses fight in some scenes of the movie, but it's not really what they're known for. They're known for their romantic scenes and other things that make them popular (like dance scenes, songs, etc). But when you think of Mario princesses, what's the first thing that comes to mind? To me, it's literally adventures; fighting; power-ups, Mario Kart badass racing, Smash Bros, etc. It's just the fact that they appear in a series which involves doing things that Disney Princesses don't really do.

And I just feel like the Mario princesses are a lot more genuine and special than Disney princesses because, to me, Disney Princesses seem kinda generic simply because everyone knows them and you can find them anywhere whether it be on clothing, bags, or toys. Mario princesses are lesser known characters and their merchandise (or any Mario character for that matter) is super hard to find.

I'm sorry for ranting on the Disney princesses cause don't get me wrong, they're awesome too, but to me, I just think the Mario princesses are awesomer!

And I know this long essay was kind of offtopic and didn't have to do with Daisy that much so um...
#DAISY4SMASH!!

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Is Rosalina an actual princess though? I thought she was closer to a god, or some cosmic guardian or space wizard.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I agree that Daisy does break the "Disney Princess girly girly" stereotype, but honestly, to me, all of the Mario princesses are vastly different from all of the Disney Princesses.

I don't know why exactly I think this, but I think it's the simple fact that the Mario princess each have powers of their own and can actually fight, and appear in a series that revolves around adventures and fighting (the Mario series). Peach has heart powers, can float, etc. Daisy has flower powers, is strong, etc. Rosalina has star powers, etc.

And yes, I know a few of the Disney princesses fight in some scenes of the movie, but it's not really what they're known for. They're known for their romantic scenes and other things that make them popular (like dance scenes, songs, etc). But when you think of Mario princesses, what's the first thing that comes to mind? To me, it's literally adventures; fighting; power-ups, Mario Kart badass racing, Smash Bros, etc. It's just the fact that they appear in a series which involves doing things that Disney Princesses don't really do.

And I just feel like the Mario princesses are a lot more genuine and special than Disney princesses because, to me, Disney Princesses seem kinda generic simply because everyone knows them and you can find them anywhere whether it be on clothing, bags, or toys. Mario princesses are lesser known characters and their merchandise (or any Mario character for that matter) is super hard to find.

I'm sorry for ranting on the Disney princesses cause don't get me wrong, they're awesome too, but to me, I just think the Mario princesses are awesomer!

And I know this long essay was kind of offtopic and didn't have to do with Daisy that much so um...
#DAISY4SMASH!!
I absolutely agree. I should clarify, I was just referencing the "Disney Princesses" stereotype purely as far as the matter of Peach and Rosalina seemingly being more popular than Daisy goes. I know that they're not really all that much like the stereotype - just enough so that it can be seen why they might be a bit more widely-favoured given how popular it is. ;)

Is Rosalina an actual princess though? I thought she was closer to a god, or some cosmic guardian or space wizard.
As far as I know, the freaky space-witch is less royalty than Dedede is. :laugh:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I absolutely agree. I should clarify, I was just referencing the "Disney Princesses" stereotype purely as far as the matter of Peach and Rosalina seemingly being more popular than Daisy goes. I know that they're not really all that much like the stereotype - just enough so that it can be seen why they might be a bit more widely-favoured given how popular it is. ;)

As far as I know, the freaky space-witch is less royalty than Dedede is. :laugh:
You don't get much more royalty than one of the Trouble Kings.

Anyway, I never played or heard much about the Super Mario Land games, but Sarasaland seems like a more interesting and diverse place than the Mushroom Kingdom by all accounts. It's got deserts and places based on ancient China, Egypt, and India. Sounds a lot more interesting than visiting the Mushroom Kingdom for the 127th time (random number, but a large number).

Not sure why Nintendo never wants to revisit Sarasaland when it could be a real treat to see in today's 3D graphics.

Also it makes me wish Daisy remained darker skinned like her early versions of her, to sort of match up with the environments they use.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Anyway, I never played or heard much about the Super Mario Land games, but Sarasaland seems like a more interesting and diverse place than the Mushroom Kingdom by all accounts. It's got deserts and places based on ancient China, Egypt, and India. Sounds a lot more interesting than visiting the Mushroom Kingdom for the 127th time (random number, but a large number).

Not sure why Nintendo never wants to revisit Sarasaland when it could be a real treat to see in today's 3D graphics.

Also it makes me wish Daisy remained darker skinned like her early versions of her, to sort of match up with the environments they use.
You know, it's SO weird, but I would also LOVE to see Princess Daisy return to her tanned skin for future appearances. Honestly, for the life of me, I have NO idea why it was removed, as I personally believe it actually helped her stand out from Princess Peach even more.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well, he is a self-declared king and probably doesn't count as actual royalty. :laugh:

Sadly, Sarasaland is only in the first one, but it's true that it is a diverse and interesting kingdom. The other Super Mario Land titles are similarly diverse and unique, too, though. They also, by and large, have more references to Eastern culture than the Mushroom Kingdom titles do, and like a lot of other Game Boy titles of that time did (the Kirby series is one that still retains this, to cite one example), which adds even more of an interesting flavour to them.

It would appear to be because it wasn't something that Miyamoto came up with, much like how attempts have been made to blot certain things out of the DK series for the same rumoured reasons, as well. On that note, I'm actually amazed that Wario is still allowed to exist, given his origins in the Super Mario Land titles and the fact that he was created partly out of a resentment of the team having to work on someone else's game (which is why he looks like a crude attempt at making fun of Mario - his design was deliberately made that way as a means to express that frustration!). Although it's still sadly in a rather reduced role these days, it's not as bad as it is for poor ol' Daisy!

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Alright Daisy fans, how would you feel if Daisy returned to mainline Mario, along with an updated Sarasaland, but got a make over? Darker skin, different dress than basically being Yellow Peach.

Nothing weird about wanting a character to stand out different from others like them. I thought it made Daisy more exotic looking, which is what I thought she was supposed to be before she got "spin-off-ified" to eternally be Peach's dupe just like Waluigi is to Wario. I think I'll go on the record saying I dislike Peach for a number of reasons I won't go into detail here. I like Rosalina a lot more than Peach but I'm mostly indifferent towards Daisy as she is in the spin-offs, despite the annoying "HIIMDAISY" which pretty much only existed in Mario Kart Double Dash. Otherwise she doesn't have any particularly annoying traits, other than a higher pitched voice.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You know, it's SO weird, but I would also LOVE to see Princess Daisy return to her tanned skin for future appearances. Honestly, for the life of me, I have NO idea why it was removed, as I personally believe it actually helped her stand out from Princess Peach even more.
Return to? I'm curious, where has this come from? To the best of my knowledge (and I've double-checked on Mario Wiki to be sure that I hadn't forgotten something) she's always had the same skin-tone as now.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Alright Daisy fans, how would you feel if Daisy returned to mainline Mario, along with an updated Sarasaland, but got a make over? Darker skin, different dress than basically being Yellow Peach.

Nothing weird about wanting a character to stand out different from others like them. I thought it made Daisy more exotic looking, which is what I thought she was supposed to be before she got "spin-off-ified" to eternally be Peach's dupe just like Waluigi is to Wario. I think I'll go on the record saying I dislike Peach for a number of reasons I won't go into detail here. I like Rosalina a lot more than Peach but I'm mostly indifferent towards Daisy as she is in the spin-offs, despite the annoying "HIIMDAISY" which pretty much only existed in Mario Kart Double Dash. Otherwise she doesn't have any particularly annoying traits, other than a higher pitched voice.
I'd be real cool with that, believe you me.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

Mario Tennis to be exact. I wouldn't even call it darker skinned too much as just having a tan, instead of being completely pale.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Return to? I'm curious, where has this come from? To the best of my knowledge (and I've double-checked on Mario Wiki to be sure that I hadn't forgotten something) she's always had the same skin-tone as now.
So sorry to double post, but I feel that I should this: check out Mario Tennis (N64) and Mario Party 3, and you're going to be a bit intrigued......:smirk:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Mario Tennis to be exact. I wouldn't even call it darker skinned too much as just having a tan, instead of being completely pale.
I've never actually seen that, as I never played that game. :laugh: Thanks!

EDIT:
So sorry to double post, but I feel that I should this: check out Mario Tennis (N64) and Mario Party 3, and you're going to be a bit intrigued......:smirk:
I've never played any of the Mario Party titles, either. :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom