• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Alright Daisy fans, how would you feel if Daisy returned to mainline Mario, along with an updated Sarasaland, but got a make over? Darker skin, different dress than basically being Yellow Peach.

Nothing weird about wanting a character to stand out different from others like them. I thought it made Daisy more exotic looking, which is what I thought she was supposed to be before she got "spin-off-ified" to eternally be Peach's dupe just like Waluigi is to Wario. I think I'll go on the record saying I dislike Peach for a number of reasons I won't go into detail here. I like Rosalina a lot more than Peach but I'm mostly indifferent towards Daisy as she is in the spin-offs, despite the annoying "HIIMDAISY" which pretty much only existed in Mario Kart Double Dash. Otherwise she doesn't have any particularly annoying traits, other than a higher pitched voice.
Since we are so far into a time where people are already used to Daisy's current appearance, I'm not really in the mood for makeovers, especially since so much official artwork and fanart has been made of this current Daisy that we all know and love. But if I was to create my own Daisy design, I would give her darker skin than she has now. And maybe for even more diversity, maybe change her race. I think it would be neat if she was black/African American, as we are in need of such representation in Nintendo games. I would keep her dress though. I just really like her current dress. It's simple yet pretty! and I would still want her with short hair though. Totally not a fan of long-haired Daisy. Looks too much like Peach!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I absolutely agree. I should clarify, I was just referencing the "Disney Princesses" stereotype purely as far as the matter of Peach and Rosalina seemingly being more popular than Daisy goes. I know that they're not really all that much like the stereotype - just enough so that it can be seen why they might be a bit more widely-favoured given how popular it is. ;)
:laugh:
It's ok I know what you were referencing to lol. It's just that you reminded me of the Disney Princesses by mentioning so I thought of a completely different (but still a bit similar) topic that had been on my mind for a while lol

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Like what @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS mentioned, it's possible to receive an infraction from multi-posting. It's not something overly malicious or anything, not unless you're intentionally spamming, but best to use the edit button to add on to existing posts.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I was feeling a bit off earlier, but now I'm much better. I seriously need to try not to "lose myself" like that again when I'm stressed.

Alright Daisy fans, how would you feel if Daisy returned to mainline Mario, along with an updated Sarasaland, but got a make over? Darker skin, different dress than basically being Yellow Peach.

Nothing weird about wanting a character to stand out different from others like them. I thought it made Daisy more exotic looking, which is what I thought she was supposed to be before she got "spin-off-ified" to eternally be Peach's dupe just like Waluigi is to Wario. I think I'll go on the record saying I dislike Peach for a number of reasons I won't go into detail here. I like Rosalina a lot more than Peach but I'm mostly indifferent towards Daisy as she is in the spin-offs, despite the annoying "HIIMDAISY" which pretty much only existed in Mario Kart Double Dash. Otherwise she doesn't have any particularly annoying traits, other than a higher pitched voice.
While the current design is actually iconic in my book, part of me thinks she need to get back to her roots of being a desert princess. And no, I'm not talking about her wearing tradition desert wear since that might feel a bit too skimpy for what Nintendo would go for. Adding some slightly darker skin like the old design and changing her eye color to green (matching the color of her earrings) would be some key changes in making her different while keeping the eye size and body type the same. Her shorter hair is actually fine for what it is, though the crown is in need of serious retooling. Make it a darker shade of yellow to match the color of her kingdom instead of going back to the purple and make the petals on her flower accessories (brooch, earrings, and crown embeddiments) look more like that of a real daisy with the thinner and more frequent petals. And lastly, the dress itself needs to look less Victorian and more foreign with a silkier appearance and some ancient textures over the dress to follow up with that detail that Peach and Rosie got in their Smash appearance. Again, that last one can be simplified to fit in with the overall Mario style if Miyamoto wouldn't want to over design her.

And that's how I would imagine a new redesign or her. Got that "nostalgic appearance" while having a fresh coat of paint to look different from her best pink friend. Anyone agrees?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I was feeling a bit off earlier, but now I'm much better. I seriously need to try not to "lose myself" like that again when I'm stressed.

While the current design is actually iconic in my book, part of me thinks she need to get back to her roots of being a desert princess. And no, I'm not talking about her wearing tradition desert wear since that might feel a bit too skimpy for what Nintendo would go for. Adding some slightly darker skin like the old design and changing her eye color to green (matching the color of her earrings) would be some key changes in making her different while keeping the eye size and body type the same. Her shorter hair is actually fine for what it is, though the crown is in need of serious retooling. Make it a darker shade of yellow to match the color of her kingdom instead of going back to the purple and make the petals on her flower accessories (brooch, earrings, and crown embeddiments) look more like that of a real daisy with the thinner and more frequent petals. And lastly, the dress itself needs to look less Victorian and more foreign with a silkier appearance and some ancient textures over the dress to follow up with that detail that Peach and Rosie got in their Smash appearance. Again, that last one can be simplified to fit in with the overall Mario style if Miyamoto wouldn't want to over design her.

And that's how I would imagine a new redesign or her. Got that "nostalgic appearance" while having a fresh coat of paint to look different from her best pink friend. Anyone agrees?
Seems suitable to me.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm probably the odd one out here, but I actually really like Daisy's current design as it is. :laugh: It's my favourite of the lot since her design when she debuted (and I don't like the longer hair, there, in retrospect).

Morbi

Scavenger

I agree, I was reading through some of these posts and I was like, "meh, maybe I would just prefer her without the dress." Your idea is excellent. Honestly, if I knew for certain that Sakurai would use some of your design elements, I would probably want her more.

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably the odd one out here, but I actually really like Daisy's current design as it is. :laugh: It's my favourite of the lot since her design when she debuted (and I don't like the longer hair, there, in retrospect).
I'm another person that likes how Daisy currently looks.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I honest don't mind her retro look, but I love her new one more, she just so cute and adorable. I love her just like that. :3

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I don't dislike Princess Daisy's modern look, but I'd rather they go back to Princess Daisy's old look. I just enjoyed that more, I guess.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I've no objections to her current look, either. At the same time, I still like her old look, too. I've also gotten used to her current look, so I'll go with her current look.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
On the latter subject, my opinion is: I don't like (doesn't convince me) the old version because she was similar to the current Peach, I much prefer the current version because she's different, isn't the typical princess in distress.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

I'd enjoy it. Definitely up for her having tanned skin again. But even more definitely up for a return of Sarasaland and Tatanga.

Honestly I'd really like if the Mario and Luigi series did a game where the bad guys were Smithy, Fawful, Tatanga, Wart and his crew, and the Paper Mario baddies getting together where you go through the Cloud KIngdom and Booster's Castle, the Beanbean Kingdom, Sarasaland, Mario's Subconscious, and the paper dimension. And your X and Y buttons can control temporary party members in each area like Geno and Mallow, Prince Peasley, Daisy, Peach and Toad, and Paper Mario.

It'd be fun.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'd enjoy it. Definitely up for her having tanned skin again. But even more definitely up for a return of Sarasaland and Tatanga.

Honestly I'd really like if the Mario and Luigi series did a game where the bad guys were Smithy, Fawful, Tatanga, Wart and his crew, and the Paper Mario baddies getting together where you go through the Cloud KIngdom and Booster's Castle, the Beanbean Kingdom, Sarasaland, Mario's Subconscious, and the paper dimension. And your X and Y buttons can control temporary party members in each area like Geno and Mallow, Prince Peasley, Daisy, Peach and Toad, and Paper Mario.

It'd be fun.
this sound like a dream but at leadt paper jam happened :)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

It'd be fun.
It would be even better if they were permanent! What are some examples of temporary party members in RPG's?

D

Deleted member

Is Rosalina an actual princess though? I thought she was closer to a god, or some cosmic guardian or space wizard.
In her storybook, she is shown to have been royalty at the castle where she lived. So actually, she is a princess, but also a cosmic guardian now.

On the subject of Daisy's design, I like her current design. I suppose it could be tweaked, but I doubt her skin or eye color will change now that she's been established with this look for so long. Nintendo could take her in any number of directions if they chose to include her apart from the spinoffs, but who knows when that will happen....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I saw something that's almost certainly meaningless, but which is nonetheless a bit of a shame.

Nintendo UK recently updated some parts of their website, including this one, and I couldn't help but notice that the cast banner at the top of the page omits both Daisy and Wario, even though it includes Waluigi.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I saw something that's almost certainly meaningless, but which is nonetheless a bit of a shame.

Nintendo UK recently updated some parts of their website, including this one, and I couldn't help but notice that the cast banner at the top of the page omits both Daisy and Wario, even though it includes Waluigi.

I wouldn't pay attention to it, it even omits Rosalina and we all know how much of shoe in she is nowadays.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
My thoughts exactly, although I must admit that I didn't notice Rosalina's absence (I'm not her biggest fan :laugh:).
Me neither, I am neutral towards her but I am trying to warm up to her, but the point is that omiting a character that can be considered even more irrelevant that Daisy in favor of one that is pretty much a must now, is something not to be taken seriously.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
I hate it when fans say "Rosalina is like a god or Space Guardian" I mean where did you get that from? Neither the character, Nintendo or the Mario Wiki state that.

I specially love when sm4sh fans say "we have a godess in smash!" When they added :4palutena: and :rosalina:, when we all know the true godess is :4zelda:. Just because she doesn't wear the title "GODESS " around her neck doesn't mean she isn't one.(I mean hello? Godess Hylia coming through.)

Now that I got that unrelated statement out of my chest, any updates on how the Daisy support is going? I bet things slowed down since school started.:secretkpop:

Also, random art.
21299613_480mw_p2.jpg
I know I've posted this before, but I just love how those two look.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I hate it when fans say "Rosalina is like a god or Space Guardian" I mean where did you get that from? Neither the character, Nintendo or the Mario Wiki state that.

I specially love when sm4sh fans say "we have a godess in smash!" When they added :4palutena: and :rosalina:, when we all know the true godess is :4zelda:. Just because she doesn't wear the title "GODESS " around her neck doesn't mean she isn't one.(I mean hello? Godess Hylia coming through.)

Now that I got that unrelated statement out of my chest, any updates on how the Daisy support is going? I bet things slowed down since school started.:secretkpop:

Also, random art.View attachment 71511I know I've posted this before, but I just love how those two look.
Well, it's not stated anywhere but most likely it's a common assumption if you happen to pay attention to some of the things she does in SMG1. One reason someone could take her as a "goddess" is at the very end of the game when the galaxy collapses and Mario is left floating next to a 5 times bigger than normal Rosalina,

Wish I could get a better view.

But from this point in time , it's assumed without Rosie's influence, Mario and everyone else would have died at the end of the game from being engulfed by the black hole that formed from the galaxy collapsing on itself. And well, with other examples of her having some form of "godly" power that no other character seems to possess, even with power ups, she just seems to possess godlike abilities. That's where I think people can assume she's a "Goddess" and more than just a "Princess".

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Also, random art.View attachment 71511I know I've posted this before, but I just love how those two look.
Thing is for me I don't have school, I don't go to college because of a lack of money(freaking nearly everything is kinda expensive on the Tijuana-San Diego border), but if I could choose a carrer it would be Languages, since I am already proficient with English, it would be a good start, sorry got off topic there, nice art by the way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

For me, I'm not going to school until next week which is where things would really slow down. Though I can imagine that things would get slower now that this is the the last month until the Smash Ballot in general would close.

And yeah, the whole Rosalina is a god thing is nothing more than hype since they believe she is the strongest thing in the Mario universe when she has less feats than the likes of Bowser. There's a reason why she will never appear in a possible Death Battle in the future.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
For me, I'm not going to school until next week which is where things would really slow down. Though I can imagine that things would get slower now that this is the the last month until the Smash Ballot in general would close.

And yeah, the whole Rosalina is a god thing is nothing more than hype since they believe she is the strongest thing in the Mario universe when she has less feats than the likes of Bowser. There's a reason why she will never appear in a possible Death Battle in the future.
Heck, I can't remember exactly on which page on ScrewAttack but I saw a post that said that it was more complicated to incorporate Rosalina in a Death Battle than Daisy due to "inconsistent feats", and speaking of DB, did you check the preview for Raiden?

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
I bet they'd make Space Peach beat Zelda too. Seriously that episode was garbage. Nothing has made me saltier before. It's not the outcome (well,kinda) but the lack of resources and all the measurements they took for Peach to win that Death Battle.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Heck, I can't remember exactly on which page on ScrewAttack but I saw a post that said that it was more complicated to incorporate Rosalina in a Death Battle than Daisy due to "inconsistent feats", and speaking of DB, did you check the preview for Raiden?
Already did and I'm going to expect the best out of the fight (even if it means that yet another comic book character would win this match). Then again, the full episode would go in detail about their many feats and abilities other than short previews.

Daisy has less inconsistent feats than Rosalina? That's not surprising since she rarely shows any of her more non-Smash abilities in the Mario franchise other than the forcefield and recreation of the universe. Which brings into the question, who would be the most fitting opponent for Daisy other than
Waaaaa himself? Another spinoff exclusive character like Jet the Hawk or Lana?

Going to add you to the list there, @ MainJPW MainJPW . Good to have someone familiar join the group. :)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Damn. I hate to be the barer of bad news, but all 100 Mario costumes have been revealed. But Daisy isn't playable.

Every mystery outfit in Mario Maker at launch. All 100 of them.

and no daisy

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Before I leave you guys, we all know:4zelda:>>>>>>>>:4peach:, right?

Guys? :roll:
Zelda over Peach by a long run. Death battle does have its up and downs after all.

Damn. I hate to be the barer of bad news, but all 100 Mario costumes have been revealed. But Daisy isn't playable.
I was hoping for this to be the case. Waluigi would have his once in a life time chance to be playable in a platformer while Daisy would be left in the dust for the first time in a while. At this pint, I wouldn't be surprised if its because they figured he would be a much more marketable character than her since the purple guy has a louder following. Quite the sad thing indeed, but that's still not going to stop me from buying this game at all.

Top Bottom