• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Am I the only one who really likes the repeated "Hi, I'm Daisy!" line in that image? :laugh: It brings back great memories of Mario Kart Double Dash!!.
I'm pretty sure all of her fans love that line, except for her haters. That is why it's perfect for trolling material if she were playable.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
The people still want the sequel to "Super Princess Peach" for WiiU.

The truth is that I won't complain at all, because we would see Daisy in action, better.
Although I actually prefer a "Mushroom Kingdom Warriors".
Is that real? It looks really good lol.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Yo, I still see people once in a while here where I live who say they voted for Daisy, which is good news, I guess.
Well, the main problem with our fans now is that our support base hasn't really extended like the K.Rool and Shantae fanbases. Ones that are talked about in general in the Ballot. Also, I HATE it when Daisy is lumped in with Waluigi. The two are almost completely different when it comes to personality and roles.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Well, the main problem with our fans now is that our support base hasn't really extended like the K.Rool and Shantae fanbases. Ones that are talked about in general in the Ballot. Also, I HATE it when Daisy is lumped in with Waluigi. The two are almost completely different when it comes to personality and roles.
Why do people hate a Nintendo all-star and overrate an indie character who is in the same situation as Takamaru who did not get in because of lack of popularity here in the west?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why do people hate a Nintendo all-star and overrate an indie character who is in the same situation as Takamaru who did not get in because of lack of popularity here in the west?
Favoritism. Some people are bound to like one character for personal reasons while viewing the others as bad because they are either clone material, blue haired swordsman, or overreping a series that has enough representation. At least now you know how us Fire Emblem fans feel.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
thVS5EJIKO.jpg

Am I the only one in love with this official artwork here?

Also oh god it's been forever since I've been here. I looked for GamePad replacements and they're starting at $150 - $200 and I think that's ridiculous. Anyway, I got all the devices in the house and voted for Daisy, and I want to draw a few cute little comic strips for her, maybe a few centered around smash and whatnot.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
View attachment 70661

Also oh god it's been forever since I've been here. I looked for GamePad replacements and they're starting at $150 - $200 and I think that's ridiculous. Anyway, I got all the devices in the house and voted for Daisy, and I want to draw a few cute little comic strips for her, maybe a few centered around smash and whatnot.
Did you already call did Nintendo for your Gamepad to be fixed? I did have to go through the same thing for my old 3DS when the Circle Pad broke.

Though good luck with the comics since those are fun to draw.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 70661

She really started to like me in that game, I really liked this powerful image.
From there, I was a fan of Daisy.

A fan-art image I like is this:

The expression that has Daisy in the picture is perfect, simply I love it.
Today, for example, I will vote for Daisy twice in difierentes devices.

I think we also all this is for that matter if she doesn't enter in Smash, at least see that Daisy has support.

#VOTEFORDAISY

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I don't know, but I almost feel afraid to bring up Daisy throughout the Internet to extend our fanbase.

I notice that everytime she is brought up, almost no one has nice things to say about her. Like how she "wasn't relevant since 1991". I mean, that's their opinion and all, but her role in Super Mario Land shouldn't wholly define her character just because that was her only platform appearance. The "worthless" spinoffs gave her a completely new design and character. The character that WE are voting for. Not that character that was a damsel.

It's like these spin-off appearances mean absolutely nothing. I wonder why this is the case?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I don't know, but I almost feel afraid to bring up Daisy throughout the Internet to extend our fanbase.

I notice that everytime she is brought up, almost no one has nice things to say about her. Like how she "wasn't relevant since 1991". I mean, that's their opinion and all, but her role in Super Mario Land shouldn't wholly define her character just because that was her only platform appearance. The "worthless" spinoffs gave her a completely new design and character. The character that WE are voting for. Not that character that was a damsel.

It's like these spin-off appearances mean absolutely nothing. I wonder why this is the case?
It's a stigma.
And that's damn hard to overcome because 9/10 we adress it we're the spammy Daisy fans.

EDIT: Less rants, less whining (why don't you like Daisy damnit!) and more empathy help
It's a bummer we can't campagin very hard, but some empathy and less baseless ranting could help getting a better image

Play the good cop for a change.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

For the newer generations, if a character doesn't appear in games as good as Galaxy or 3D world, it means nothing how much they appear in other games, and because of lack of main series appareances, but mostly of people who think: "No main series, no relevance" and the haters that hate her because of a single repetetive line.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
The "worthless" spinoffs gave her a completely new design and character.
What I don't get is, why spin-offs are considered worthless. The Kart games, Party games, and Sport games are exciting to play; maybe more so than some of the 'main' games, since they have a larger selection of playable characters, and not to mention, replay-ability. Spin-offs are NOT worthless, where I come from.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What I don't get is, why spin-offs are considered worthless. The Kart games, Party games, and Sport games are exciting to play; maybe more so than some of the 'main' games, since they have a larger selection of playable characters, and not to mention, replay-ability. Spin-offs are NOT worthless, where I come from.
I can confirm this with the paper mario series, a lot still think it;s obscure.....it isn't really if you think about it :)

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I think we also all this is for that matter if she doesn't enter in Smash, at least see that Daisy has support.

#VOTEFORDAISY
This is adorable! Look, even Princess Peach is voting for her! That's got to say something! I mean Princess Daisy is simply shedding a tear over her best friend, who has been in Smash since the second installment mind you, is trying to help her get a shot to join the series! It's so sweet!

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
This is adorable! Look, even Princess Peach is voting for her! That's got to say something! I mean Princess Daisy is simply shedding a tear over her best friend, who has been in Smash since the second installment mind you, is trying to help her get a shot yo join the series! It's so sweet!
Ditto to this.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It's not like Mario Kart doesn't have good representation in Smash either. Two stages (three if you count 3DS), some items like the Spiny Shell (@PushDustIn wrongly stated that the spinoffs had no items) and a bunch of songs. Mario Party, on the other hand, got next to nothing like it deserved.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
This is adorable! Look, even Princess Peach is voting for her! That's got to say something! I mean Princess Daisy is simply shedding a tear over her best friend, who has been in Smash since the second installment mind you, is trying to help her get a shot to join the series! It's so sweet!
Great, I loved the picture and I shared it.

I don't care what anyone says Daisy haters. In the survey of smash bros, we vote in positive, therefore we (Daisy fans) must to vote as many times as we can, for that consider to Daisy.

#VOTEFORDAISY

D

Deleted member

It's not like Mario Kart doesn't have good representation in Smash either. Two stages (three if you count 3DS), some items like the Spiny Shell (@PushDustIn wrongly stated that the spinoffs had no items) and a bunch of songs. Mario Party, on the other hand, got next to nothing like it deserved.
Yeah Mario Kart has some pretty good representation in Smash. Peach's Smash attack and Waluigi reference some of the other sports games. And it could be argued that the soccer ball references Mario Strikers in particular, seeing as how it bursts into flames when hit.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I honestly wouldn't mind a Mario Party-like stage....but then again, Smash already has a bunch of random shenanigans jumping off. That's just me, though.

A part of me still wishes that they should've brought the Green Hill Stage back from Brawl because, you know, it's a classic stage.

Troykv

Smash Master
Mario Kart is an actual EAD franchise... So... I understand :p

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Great, I loved the picture and I shared it.

I don't care what anyone says Daisy haters. In the survey of smash bros, we vote in positive, therefore we (Daisy fans) must to vote as many times as we can, for that consider to Daisy.

#VOTEFORDAISY
....tbh I don;t really like multiple voting.

I mean, don;t get me wrong, but the way this would work is your vote worth as much as anyone else in quantity, but will vary in what you vote for and more importantly why. To me, one vote well explained is just enough, why vote twice? It doesn't mean that you give necessarily more chances, they won;t care only for quantity anyway.

I mean I only voted once, but that vote had EXACTLY 500 characters (no kidding it took hours to make). Why not just do that for each of you who support her?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't get it either!

Spin-offs sell in huge numbers (with Mario spin-offs, in particular, selling as much as or more than some individual standalone series), and represent a good neutral jumping-on point for people looking to get into a series but who aren't necessarily ready to dive head-first into a pre-existing canon without knowing who anybody is (this was why I couldn't understand the complaints about Metroid Prime: Federation Force - a series with low exposure needs things like this in order to grow and attract new audiences, as well as people like me who just don't enjoy the main installments but might find a side-game in a similar setting to be fun). Also, as you said, they're just plain fun.

I mean, gracious, Smash technically qualifies for a spin-off-like status in relation to all of the franchises that it represents, and nobody would consider that to be worthless, would they? :laugh:

A part of me still wishes that they should've brought the Green Hill Stage back from Brawl because, you know, it's a classic stage.
They did. It's in Smash 3DS. ;)

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
....tbh I don;t really like multiple voting.

I mean, don;t get me wrong, but the way this would work is your vote worth as much as anyone else in quantity, but will vary in what you vote for and more importantly why. To me, one vote well explained is just enough, why vote twice? It doesn't mean that you give necessarily more chances, they won;t care only for quantity anyway.

I mean I only voted once, but that vote had EXACTLY 500 characters (no kidding it took hours to make). Why not just do that for each of you who support her?
You are right. But the number of votes is also important.
Therefore, I have four devices at home (plus other things), in addition to the library and so I vote for Daisy and the reason because she has to be in Smash.

Each has its method and of course finally Sakurai and Company have the final decision.

#VOTEFORDAISY

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Sooooo....did Daisy get chromfirmed for Mario Maker yet? I really want to see how they handled the costume.

Is it her sports outfit or dress? Does she represent Super Mario Land? Or Mario Sports? Is she not in at all?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sooooo....did Daisy get chromfirmed for Mario Maker yet? I really want to see how they handled the costume.

Is it her sports outfit or dress? Does she represent Super Mario Land? Or Mario Sports? Is she not in at all?
Nobody even unlocked her yet and there's nearly 13 days left until the game is available to the public. Even our friendly neighborhood Micheallol is looking around for it with no luck at all.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
The Mario Maker and Nintendo subreddits found this image:

People are saying it's probably fake, but wouldn't it be nice to see other characters outside the SMB Mystery Suits?

Preferably Daisy and Rosalina?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

People are saying it's probably fake, but wouldn't it be nice to see other characters outside the SMB Mystery Suits?

And again Nabbit takes the priority as another Mario platformer mainstay. I can already tell that a certain someone would be excited if this was real. :smirk:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Probably fake? The costumes are only for the Super Mario Bros. 1 style - why would they randomly put so much more effort into a less-well-known newer character?

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace

#VOTEFORDAISY
Wow, this pic really captures the emotion. It's really like a sister hood sorta thing. Shout outs to whoever drew this.

Top Bottom