• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I did enjoy that Daisy and Waluigi were pitted against each other; how appropriate these days! And Daisy looks great.
Now that I think of it, the trailer could represent her getting revenge against Waaaaa for being playable in Mario Maker before her. At least that's what some fans joked about on Gamefaqs.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Now that I think of it, the trailer could represent her getting revenge against Waaaaa for being playable in Mario Maker before her. At least that's what some fans joked about on Gamefaqs.
I believe Waluigi already got his revenge in Mario Maker for not being a character in Mario Kart 7.

In other words, any news of Rosalina in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash? As far as I'm concerned, some could say that Rosie's already got a Smash spot fulfilled, if ya know what I mean!:smirk:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I believe Waluigi already got his revenge in Mario Maker for not being a character in Mario Kart 7.

In other words, any news of Rosalina in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash? As far as I'm concerned, some could say that Rosie's already got a Smash spot fulfilled, if ya know what I mean!:smirk:
The entire roster will be revealed soon. Because at this point, it's starting to be an HD Mario Kart 64 with the Mega Mushroom and no Donkey Kong Jr. (even with his new trademark).

Speaking of Rosie, my Amiibo of her was supposed to be delivered yesterday and it never happened. Even when I check on eBay, the new tracking label shows no sign of it being checked at the mailing center before shipping. Perhaps Mariotehplumber is back to his old tricks? :glare:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Speaking of Rosie, my Amiibo of her was supposed to be delivered yesterday and it never happened. Even when I check on eBay, the new tracking label shows no sign of it being checked at the mailing center before shipping. Perhaps Mariotehplumber is back to his old tricks? :glare:
Did you buy the Amiibo from him or something?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Judging by the new title I assume that Daisy for Ultra Smash is a thing? Not that I am surprised, she is after all a shoe-in in spin-offs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Judging by the new title I assume that Daisy for Ultra Smash is a thing? Not that I am surprised, she is after all a shoe-in in spin-offs.
Yes. Plus Waaaa and Boo are in it too. The game is completely my out in exactly a month and we know so little of the full roster.

I don't trust art sellers.
Crazy Mother****ing Redd. Should have known that he was running an eBay account with cheap prices for some slick trick.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hi friends! ;)

Though I'm with studies, now on a break I just heard that there is a new trailer for Mario Tennis. I love the design of Daisy, she is spectacular.

Now more than ever, we ought to comment on the video: Daisy for Smash!.
As some people are doing with Waluigi.

Of course, don't forget to send an email to Nintendo congratulating by inclusion of Daisy in Mario Tennis, and that her fans are waiting for your arrival in Smash Bros. and Mario Maker.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Daisy's back and they also went back to her and Peach having different sorts outfits instead of them just being color swaps. I wonder if this'll be the game to debut Rosalina's sports outfit.

In any case, we know the Flower Princess isn't going anywhere.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Is it me or have they fattened Daisy a bit....

@StarCrystal20 would LOVE this.
Oh my god I thought I was the only one noticing it. But this doesn't look bad on her, I have to say.
The only bad thing is Mario Kart 8 voice clips :( I've heard some in their voices. Kinda sad.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is it me or have they fattened Daisy a bit....

@StarCrystal20 would LOVE this.
Horray for more sexualization of the best princess. Even I said "How the hell did I become a playable character?" when looking at her new model. Except the obvious differences include me having some muscle, different hair, and slightly bigger boobs. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Horray for more sexualization of the best princess. Even I said "How the hell did I become a playable character?" when looking at her new model. Except the obvious differences include me having some muscle, different hair, and slightly bigger boobs. :laugh:
Now now, there's no need to go there since some people would be triggered or jealous. But I do find it awfully strange how hard Nintendo is pushing Daisy's sexiness lately. I still think it's a plan to sway away the haters into liking her "sass".

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Oh my god I thought I was the only one noticing it. But this doesn't look bad on her, I have to say.
The only bad thing is Mario Kart 8 voice clips :( I've heard some in their voices. Kinda sad.
Pretty much all of the characters have Mario Kart 8 voice clips :p.

The sad thing is that it probably took more effort making that Daisy model with hair and earring physics than it took to make 100 Mario Maker costumes...

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now now, there's no need to go there since some people would be triggered or jealous. But I do find it awfully strange how hard Nintendo is pushing Daisy's sexiness lately. I still think it's a plan to sway away the haters into liking her "sass".
Yes, because there's anything wrong with a young lady talking about her body. :glare:

Though I do agree with the sentiment that Nintendo is doing this in an attempt to make her haters become fans through "appealing methods". Besides, who wouldn't want to date this beautiful princess despite the annoying factor?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yes, because there's anything wrong with a young lady talking about her body. :glare:

Though I do agree with the sentiment that Nintendo is doing this in an attempt to make her haters become fans through "appealing methods". Besides, who wouldn't want to date this beautiful princess despite the annoying factor?
4Chan. Because they love to hate anything that's insignificant, including new***s.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Pretty much all of the characters have Mario Kart 8 voice clips :p.

The sad thing is that it probably took more effort making that Daisy model with hair and earring physics than it took to make 100 Mario Maker costumes...
Would you have prefered the opposite?
But it's true I didn't look at her earrings! They made physics for it? That's great. I don't know why I love these details.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
When I see the word triggered, I think of this:

Also, if you get jealous of a fictional character, you probably have some self-esteem issues.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I... err... didn't notice anything particularly different about Daisy in the Mario Tennis trailer, so you'll have to excuse me. :p

That said, I do like the fact that they differentiated Daisy from Peach with Peach having the skirt and Daisy having shorts. It matches them better.

:231:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I... err... didn't notice anything particularly different about Daisy in the Mario Tennis trailer, so you'll have to excuse me. :p

That said, I do like the fact that they differentiated Daisy from Peach with Peach having the skirt and Daisy having shorts. It matches them better.

:231:
Yeah this is something cool. It's great they don't make her a clone of Peach at least in terms of outfit.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I still find it kinda odd that we haven't seen WARIO or Donkey Kong yet...

Wait, thinking about this, I want Dixie Kong and King.K.Rool in Mario Tennis too! Make it happen Camelot.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
When I see the word triggered, I think of this:

Also, if you get jealous of a fictional character, you probably have some self-esteem issues.
Couldn't had said it better myself Squidward. Easily one of the more funnier triggered memes. :laugh:

The jealousy part can easily apply to real life too, hence the part where I'm telling Aussie it's not a great idea to gloat about her figure here.

But all in all, being jealous of a fictional character destroys your self-esteem if you hold on to such thoughts like you said. I'd rather be a powerhouse like Wario over a scrawny weakling like Waluigi.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I like this one - it's nice and clear. It's from that US-only fabric sold at Jo-Ann's, right?
Yep, that's where I cropped that Daisy icon from.

It looks like "Hi I'm the Daisy Social Thread" was the winning name for the Daisy Social Group. Unless anybody has any objections, I feel like it'd make sense to change that to "Hi I'm the Daisy Social Group" and go ahead and make the group.

If there's anything I can do to help out with that, feel free to let me know.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I still find it kinda odd that we haven't seen WARIO or Donkey Kong yet...

Wait, thinking about this, I want Dixie Kong and King.K.Rool in Mario Tennis too! Make it happen Camelot.
Another fun fact? Luigi wasn't still shown in-game. He was announced by the box-art...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Another fun fact? Luigi wasn't still shown in-game. He was announced by the box-art...
Reminds me of how Koei accidentally spoiled Lana on the Hyrule Warriors box art before her official reveal. But that still didn't stop the surprise since her official moveset turned out to be gold in the trailers themselves (Summon Gate and Book of Sorcery for the win).

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hi friends! ;) I won't return until Christmas again, because I'm busy with studies.

But, I wanted to share with you, that my friend received a message from Nintendo, answering.

"Hello Penelope,
Thank you for contacting us. I'm happy to hear you're excited to play Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. I also want to take the time and thank you for writing us with your feedback regarding the game. We truly appreciate your thoughts on this matter and we will document your feedback. Your comments will be added to our records for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. These comments will be made available for other departments to review.
Sincerely, Nintendo of America Inc."

Clearly, my friend talked about the possibility of including Daisy in Mario Maker and Smash Bros, and of course, give her opinion on the latest trailer for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. My friend is a fan of Daisy, like us.

I hope you do well at all, see you soon.

#DAISYFORSMASH

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
"Hello Penelope,
Thank you for contacting us. I'm happy to hear you're excited to play Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. I also want to take the time and thank you for writing us with your feedback regarding the game. We truly appreciate your thoughts on this matter and we will document your feedback. Your comments will be added to our records for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. These comments will be made available for other departments to review.
Sincerely, Nintendo of America Inc."
This seems completely unpersonalized.
Say, do there happen to be any supporters of both Daisy and Pichu?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Are there any supporters of both Daisy and Pichu?
Well, my sweetie pie AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 supports Pichu and loves fighting me with him whenever we play Melee.

As for myself, I never saw the appeal in a character that hurts itself in combat for its main gimmick. But at least it's not as bad as a character that heals his own foes with select physical attacks. *cough* *cough* Hanataro Yamada *cough*

Morbi

Scavenger
I support both Daisy and Pichu.

Well, my sweetie pie AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 supports Pichu and loves fighting me with him whenever we play Melee.

As for myself, I never saw the appeal in a character that hurts itself in combat for its main gimmick. But at least it's not as bad as a character that heals his own foes with select physical attacks. *cough* *cough* Hanataro Yamada *cough*
They should give Pichu those healing properties as a second gimmick.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Pichu supporter here and I would like both characters to be in. Surprised that I haven't introduced myself there yet.

It is true, trolling you with the one little yellow mouse that you hate is so fun. Though you were able to take me down a few times thanks to Fox and Yoshi.

Also, just because Shattered Blade stayed true to Hanataro's healing nature doesn't mean he's a bad character. Now a real horrible Bleach character would have been Pepe since his The Love ability would be useless in battle (plus he's terrifying). :urg:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It may seem so, but the message is truthful, and it's also slightly differently-written to other similar replies that have been posted here, in that it actually makes a direct reference to how such data has been collected for decades in mentioning adding the feedback to their records for that particular game.

Considering my stance on roster cuts, I suppose I technically am, even though I'm not a big fan of Pichu myself. I support Wolf for the same reasons.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Hi friends! ;)

Though I'm with studies, now on a break I just heard that there is a new trailer for Mario Tennis. I love the design of Daisy, she is spectacular.

Now more than ever, we ought to comment on the video: Daisy for Smash!.
As some people are doing with Waluigi.

Of course, don't forget to send an email to Nintendo congratulating by inclusion of Daisy in Mario Tennis, and that her fans are waiting for your arrival in Smash Bros. and Mario Maker.
Yeah yeah that make sense I really hope it happens.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

That's a quick way to release news.
This and another video alone confirmed:

Online Play
A new Rally Mode
New characters (except they're not newcomers)
Smash Bros-esque Amiibo support (which could mean a Mario Tennis line of 'Miibos. Get hype!)

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

That's a quick way to release news.
This and another video alone confirmed:

Online Play
A new Rally Mode
New characters (except they're not newcomers)
Smash Bros-esque Amiibo support (which could mean a Mario Tennis line of 'Miibos. Get hype!)
Hyyyppppppeeeee is now a word. It describes super intense feeling of hype.

Top Bottom