• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
If this is how you choose to make it, please do send me an invite. :)
You'd definitely be on the invite list; my plan was to send out invites to people who post in this thread first.

Honestly though, I think it'd make a lot more sense if Azure Warrior was in charge of it, since he's a much bigger fan of Daisy than I am and is already heading up this thread.

Hmm...what about having it in the Mario Universe of Ninten Zone? I believe that's an option, too.

I'm also not fond of it being an invite-only kinda thread. I think that everyone should be welcomed to offer their support, give their two cents, etc.
I think we probably could have a Daisy thread in the Mario Universe part of NintenZone. I feel like one advantage of having a social group instead or in addition to that would be that we could make separate threads there and more easily set up smash matches (and other stuff) between Daisy supporters.

You make a good point about the Daisy social group seeming unwelcoming if it's invite-only... How about we start with the group being open to everybody and then make it invite-only if we have problems?

By the way, here's a straw poll for voting on what we should call the Daisy social group. If you have name ideas that aren't already on the poll, feel free to mention them in this thread.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's been months since the last Nintendo Direct and we are back to the old days of news briefs for each upcoming Nintendo title. Nintendo ought to use this time to start pushing Ultra Smash since it is one of the few holiday titles that will be out before Thanksgiving. Been spending most of the day playing Splatoon with Aussie, though she had her account reseted weeks ago (since the last time we've played online) thanks to that Octoling hacker. It sucks, but at least she can rebuild her freshness until she's a top tier player again.

You'd definitely be on the invite list; my plan was to send out invites to people who post in this thread first.

Honestly though, I think it'd make a lot more sense if Azure Warrior was in charge of it, since he's a much bigger fan of Daisy than I am and is already heading up this thread.

I think we probably could have a Daisy thread in the Mario Universe part of NintenZone. I feel like one advantage of having a social group instead or in addition to that would be that we could make separate threads there and more easily set up smash matches (and other stuff) between Daisy supporters.

You make a good point about the Daisy social group seeming unwelcoming if it's invite-only... How about we start with the group being open to everybody and then make it invite-only if we have problems?

By the way, here's a straw poll for voting on what we should call the Daisy social group. If you have name ideas that aren't already on the poll, feel free to mention them in this thread.
I'm open to the idea of a social and select users while be given a mod position if they are interested. Having it non-invite only would make for a way to make it easily accessible since I can guarantee you to a certain group I already admin (the Predetermined Role Group) had been a ghost town due to its invite-only gimmick.

Also, I've casted my vote for the "Flower Children" name since it;s starting to grow on me. Hope this thing can kick start soon whenever anyone is ready.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I find her annoying tho she is kinda hot, though her energetic personality could be a positive for some.
No worries, rather you like her or hate her, you're always welcome to be a part of our group. I know it's hard for us Daisy fans to get by where she's constantly overshadowed by other popular characters in the franchise, but thanks for understanding, and sharing your opinions. Regarding Princess Daisy is such a subjective matter rather it's positive or negative.
Sounds good to me!;)

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
That "Hi I'm the Daisy Social" idea seems great - not too cheesy but welcoming too!

D

Deleted member

That "Hi I'm the Daisy Social" idea seems great - not too cheesy but welcoming too!
It does make me smile. :)
Plus, the reason I wouldn't prefer "flower children" is because that's a term for a hippie. ...and I don't think all Daisy fans are necessarily hippies...

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I'm open to the idea of a social and select users while be given a mod position if they are interested. Having it non-invite only would make for a way to make it easily accessible since I can guarantee you to a certain group I already admin (the Predetermined Role Group) had been a ghost town due to its invite-only gimmick.

Also, I've casted my vote for the "Flower Children" name since it;s starting to grow on me. Hope this thing can kick start soon whenever anyone is ready.
Sounds good, I think an open social group should work. We can always change the settings later if we feel like it's necessary, right?

As for when to get it up and running, how about we give people one more day to vote on its name and then launch it on Wednesday? If there's anything I can do to help with that, feel free to let me know. I don't have a ton of experience with social groups, but I did make a Pikmin one the other day, so I know a bit about how they work.

Does anyone have any ideas about what the group's icon should be? I like this one, but that's mostly because I'm the one who cropped it, haha.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I like this one - it's nice and clear. It's from that US-only fabric sold at Jo-Ann's, right?
I second this. This is definitely the best choice of an icon for that new social group.

If you're wondering where Azure went, he's currently talking with a friend of mines from China (One who I new from an older traveling trip) because I've told her that he's going to be her friend/guide in the future when she actually travels to the U.S. But knowing how extreme their whole internet situation is, this conversation will have to be done quickly and he'll sneak in his mailing information for future conversations. So yeah, he's doing some some top secret espionage stuff right now.
:119:

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I second this. This is definitely the best choice of an icon for that new social group.

If you're wondering where Azure went, he's currently talking with a friend of mines from China (One who I new from an older traveling trip) because I've told her that he's going to be her friend/guide in the future when she actually travels to the U.S. But knowing how extreme their whole internet situation is, this conversation will have to be done quickly and he'll sneak in his mailing information for future conversations. So yeah, he's doing some some top secret espionage stuff right now.
:119:
Operation? As in "Tactical Espionage Operations"? Sorry I had to do this XD.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Operation? As in "Tactical Espionage Operations"? Sorry I had to do this XD.
Yep. Especially if you have a friend living in a country known for its crazy obsession with monitoring the Internet for all of its citizens.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Yep. Especially if you have a friend living in a country known for its crazy obsession with monitoring the Internet for all of its citizens.
I heard rumors about it but to think it's actually true, whoa, just whoa man. Something I haven't stopped thinking recently is does Nintendo still view Peach and Daisy as best friends? I mean even if no signs of Rosalina being friends with Peach are shown(the manga doesn't really mean THAT much), can't help but feel that this is what Nintendo thinks now.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I heard rumors about it but to think it's actually true, whoa, just whoa man. Something I haven't stopped thinking recently is does Nintendo still view Peach and Daisy as best friends? I mean even if no signs of Rosalina being friends with Peach are shown(the manga doesn't really mean THAT much), can't help but feel that this is what Nintendo thinks now.
"Along with Luigi, Daisy's other closest friend is Princess Peach. Daisy is often initially partnered with Peach in spin-off installments for the Mario series. The two share a team orb, the Flower Orb, in Mario Party 7 and share a team item, the Heart, in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. Daisy and Peach share good chemistry in the Mario Baseball series, and Daisy is also on Peach's team in the Challenge Mode of Mario Super Sluggers. In the Prima guides for Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Mario Kart Wii, Daisy is said to be Peach's cousin."

Other than that, they aren't really advertised together as much these days. Even Rosalina haven't really been paired up with either of the two in later spinoffs.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
"Along with Luigi, Daisy's other closest friend is Princess Peach. Daisy is often initially partnered with Peach in spin-off installments for the Mario series. The two share a team orb, the Flower Orb, in Mario Party 7 and share a team item, the Heart, in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. Daisy and Peach share good chemistry in the Mario Baseball series, and Daisy is also on Peach's team in the Challenge Mode of Mario Super Sluggers. In the Prima guides for Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Mario Kart Wii, Daisy is said to be Peach's cousin."

Other than that, they aren't really advertised together as much these days. Even Rosalina haven't really been paired up with either of the two in later spinoffs.
The most recent account of this is MK8 and Mario Golf World Tour, but still, then again I suppose the only thing Nintendo won't change no matter how they push Daisy aside is the fact that she is Luigi's special one, not unless they go haywire like they have other times.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
The most recent account of this is MK8 and Mario Golf World Tour, but still, then again I suppose the only thing Nintendo won't change no matter how they push Daisy aside is the fact that she is Luigi's special one, not unless they go haywire like they have other times.
I doubt they'll change since Mario has a formula that'll millions (Which sucks. I wish Nintendo was more experimental with Mario because it'll sell either way). Why fix what isn't broken?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I doubt they'll change since Mario has a formula that'll millions (Which sucks. I wish Nintendo was more experimental with Mario because it'll sell either way). Why fix what isn't broken?
The problem here is that, like you said, they aren't willing to experiment more, get out of the comfort zone, but Miyamoto is known to keep an iron grip on his series, heck you are aware that he never intended to use Rosalina for anything other than Galaxy right? Yet the EAD seeing the popularity she gained they put her in MKWII and gave Galaxy a sequel, and I think you know the rest.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
I don't think that any character in that picture got off lightly, though. :laugh:
But Daisy's is the most inaccurate.
She's missing the 2nd stripe on her dress and the thingy around her gem should be white and in a flower shape.
Peach's gloves should be longer but that's about it. And Mario and Luigi are basically fine, their mustaches should be black but I understand why they made them brown, it's a stylistic choice.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, we are talking about more derpy merchandise of the princesses? :p

And my mission last night was an accomplishment since she managed to read my encoded message of the mailing information. Can't wait to receive my first letter from your client in ten days AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 .

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
DAISY and Waluigi in Mario Tennis.
I do like how the last match is a war between two of Mario's reoccurring spinoff characters. Dayzee vs The Walunator is a match that many would love to reenact.

But I really wonder if my love is going to update that title to suit the occasion. Better hype this up while the trailer already exists. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
DAISY and Waluigi in Mario Tennis.
I'm getting some serious Mario Tennis 64 nostalgia out of this. Maybe it's because of the revealed roster so far?

I do like how the last match is a war between two of Mario's reoccurring spinoff characters. Dayzee vs The Walunator is a match that many would love to reenact.

But I really wonder if my love is going to update that title to suit the occasion. Better hype this up while the trailer already exists. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thank you for the new title inspiration, dear. I can always count on you for being so witty and thoughtful. :p

Top Bottom