• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, what I meant with that was, ever since Super Mario Galaxy, she hasn't been really apart of the main plot (at least as much she had in Galaxy imo, including her little background story placement, even though I can understand that being a one and done kind of thing, but still, I liked that about Galaxy 1)

But ever since that game, she's had less of an impact in the games she's been in, either because it's a spinoff game, or for 3D World's case, just an unlockable character at the end of the game.

But thanks for the tidbit with the RPG games, I was kinda interested in it seeing the first one from a LP on Brainscatch before.
She hasn't been part of any main plots because...well none of the main series Mario games since Galaxy and it's sequel have had a plot. They've been focused on the gameplay.

She hasn't had less of an impact. She's been top tier in literally every playable appearance she's had. They've been giving her top marketing presence. She's been getting new merchandise. And they've been showing off more and more of her seemingly unlimited power. There are also various little touches added to her character which keep her interesting (such as her obvious competitiveness and overall cool demeanour in 3D World, while still having fun).

Really I entirely expect Rosalina to get her own game, if not series, before long. They have the trademark already and everything.

Anyway I don't want to make this topic about Rosalina. As far as Daisy goes, I personally don't have any interest in seeing her in Smash or the main series right now, as I personally think she hasn't got much merit. However, I think they should start experimenting with her in RPGs and stuff, and possibly she could maybe work her way back up. However, I understand why they aren't doing that, too.

He's down to earth, but he isn't all that nice towards the Ridley fans, even though I agree Ridley is never gonna happen in Smash.
To be fair, they always attacked him before he was "mean" to them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Who's Micheallol? A GameFAQs user?
Yes, the one annoying **** that caused the rampant Daisy hatred on Gamefaqs to begin with. His topics would normally pop up once ever few weeks just got the sake of annoying non-believers with his flawed logic.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Let's not bring up Ridley here, okay? I don't want to see flames later on.

:231:
There is always a heated discussion about that purple space dragon whenever it is mentioned by name. Just like a certain orange-haired princess in some other places.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Yes, the one annoying **** that caused the rampant Daisy hatred on Gamefaqs to begin with. His topics would normally pop up once ever few weeks just got the sake of annoying non-believers with his flawed logic.
There are so many haters in that site. Hmph.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There are so many haters in that site. Hmph.
Daisy haters, Chrom haters, Shovel Knight haters, Shantae haters, Toad haters, King K. Rool haters, Roy haters, Isaac haters, Banjo haters, Impa haters, AT haters, Inkling haters, and so on.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Daisy haters, Chrom haters, Shovel Knight haters, Shantae haters, Toad haters, King K. Rool haters, Roy haters, Isaac haters, Banjo haters, Impa haters, AT haters, Inkling haters, and so on.
You forgot haters on Ridl-

Oh wait, that should be dropped right now. :troll:

I'm a Ridley supporter, btw.

Last edited:

Elin

NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Haters are everywhere.
Trust me, my school district is full of them

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
She hasn't been part of any main plots because...well none of the main series Mario games since Galaxy and it's sequel have had a plot. They've been focused on the gameplay.

She hasn't had less of an impact. She's been top tier in literally every playable appearance she's had. They've been giving her top marketing presence. She's been getting new merchandise. And they've been showing off more and more of her seemingly unlimited power. There are also various little touches added to her character which keep her interesting (such as her obvious competitiveness and overall cool demeanour in 3D World, while still having fun).

Really I entirely expect Rosalina to get her own game, if not series, before long. They have the trademark already and everything.

Anyway I don't want to make this topic about Rosalina. As far as Daisy goes, I personally don't have any interest in seeing her in Smash or the main series right now, as I personally think she hasn't got much merit. However, I think they should start experimenting with her in RPGs and stuff, and possibly she could maybe work her way back up. However, I understand why they aren't doing that, too.

To be fair, they always attacked him before he was "mean" to them.
3D World huh? Good game, though the only character I ever picked was Luigi, other than that no one else, even after I cleared the game I never once used Rosalina, nor I was even interested in using her in the first place, to be fair I am neutral whether she appears or not, as long as Luigi (and hopefully in a future not too far away Daisy) is there, that's enough for me, no offense but I don't care much I Rosie appears or not, for me she falls 3rd in my order, Daisy 1st and Peach 2nd, heck her background is not even appealing to me, most likely because before I knew of it, I was and still am a fan of series such as: Fire Emblem, Metal Gear, and as you know things like 'tragic and sad ' background are something common there, so when I learned of her past I was not even fazed by it in the slightest. This is by no means something to offend you, just my opinion, if i offended you i am sorry as this was not my intention.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Something I've been working on for a few days now... It's still a WIP, but I guess I'll just share this now until it's completed...

I hope to do more with this after I fully make this model more HD, still needs improvements, especially texture wise...but I hope you all like it, consider this my contribution to the support for Daisy (since I can't seem to get the motivation to draw anything for her as of now...)

And here's a High Rez screenshot just to see it clearer.

DaisySnap3.png

Anyways, goodnight everyone.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Something I've been working on for a few days now... It's still a WIP, but I guess I'll just share this now until it's completed...

I hope to do more with this after I fully make this model more HD, still needs improvements, especially texture wise...but I hope you all like it, consider this my contribution to the support for Daisy (since I can't seem to get the motivation to draw anything for her as of now...)

View attachment 59433

Cool, it has great lighting, even better than the official trophy gallery!

The lighting sorta reminds me of Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace

View attachment 59433

She looks stunning!:love: Nice work.

And I know that I've posted this before, but this is MY contribution to the support for Daisy. The subjects and materials from this article came straight from the heart.

Attachments

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

View attachment 59433

Like memoryman3 said, this is Mario kart 8 levels of lighting.

Though I can imagine the finished product looking even better. I really like it a lot.

@ HanAmes HanAmes , is it bad to say that I had legit feels after reading that article. It's actually one of the sweetest things I had read in a long time, especially when talking about her under utilization and overexaggerated hatedom Daisy gets.

Last edited:

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 59433

Aannnd my unnatural attraction to Strikers Daisy grows again.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

And I know that I've posted this before, but this is MY contribution to the support for Daisy. The subjects and materials from this article came straight from the heart.
This is great! You don't mind if I share it don't you?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

View attachment 59433

Amazing job man! Does anyone know if brawler182 is trying to discourage us, help us or just bluntly expressing himself.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
And yes, Wario is popular among Nintendo fans, but Mario Kart is not aimed specifically at Nintendo fans. It's aimed at a general casual audience. And cute baby girls as opposed to le gross fart baby is more appealing to that audience. Only Wario fans would appreciate Baby Wario.
Not really your point, but us Yoshi series fans would of loved for Baby Wario or Baby DK to have gotten into Kart too. Baby DK is freaking adorable even, I wonder why he doesn't get much love?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Cool, it has great lighting, even better than the official trophy gallery!

The lighting sorta reminds me of Mario Kart 8.

Like memoryman3 said, this is Mario kart 8 levels of lighting.

Though I can imagine the finished product looking even better. I really like it a lot.

@ HanAmes HanAmes , is it bad to say that I had legit feels after reading that article. It's actually one of the sweetest things I had read in a long time, especially when talking about her under utilization and overexaggerated hatedom Daisy gets.
Thank you guys, I really appreciate it. :) I hope I can improve this as best as I can...if I can't, at least people liked it at this point, which I'm happy for.

Aannnd my unnatural attraction to Strikers Daisy grows again.
>u> Good, then it's already working. xD

Amazing job man! Does anyone know if brawler182 is trying to discourage us, help us or just bluntly expressing himself.
:3 Thank you very much, glad you liked it!

And to your question, yes. That is all.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Not at all, because it's organic.:)
This is great! You don't mind if I share it don't you?
Why, go right ahead! I don't mind. The more eyes, the better!:)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Not really your point, but us Yoshi series fans would of loved for Baby Wario or Baby DK to have gotten into Kart too. Baby DK is freaking adorable even, I wonder why he doesn't get much love?
He evolved into DK Jr. which evolved into Donkey Kong. Apes aren't into time travel that much I'm afraid.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
LOL I don't really find Michaeloll annoying.. although he does make a lot of Daisy topics, I feel like Daisy was already hated before he came along. And besides, if you think about it, we're all Daisy fans just pushing for her inclusion in Smash, so.. :awesome:

Elin

NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Time to look at the salt on GameFAQs!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

View attachment 59433

The lighting reminds me of Wind Waker, honestly. Seriously though, this looks awesome. :)

...(Can I still come here, then?)
Lol. Sure, we're always glad to have another supporter. :p

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ memoryman3 memoryman3 , you do know you are clearly throwing yourself in a pit of wild hyenas by sharing @ HanAmes HanAmes 's article, right? These guys are at the point where they don't care about any form of reasoning and I saw one guy label him as Micheallol.

And secondly, one of his alts is doing a marriage proposal? Shows how low the community had gotten over the years.....

Laniv

Smash Champion
If you're going to share that article on GameFAQs, make sure to go prepared.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
@ memoryman3 memoryman3 , you do know you are clearly throwing yourself in a pit of wild hyenas by sharing @ HanAmes HanAmes 's article, right? These guys are at the point where they don't care about any form of reasoning and I saw one guy label him as Micheallol.

And secondly, one of his alts is doing a marriage proposal? Shows how low the community had gotten over the years.....
Honestly, the GameFAQS Smash community has dived into a point where I just- looks at the posts.

I expected a hostile reaction, but not stupidity. Outside of GameFAQS, even Michaellol is decent!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I only posted that on the site because I don't really know how to convince people to support Daisy outside the board now. I'm not that artistic, and when I try to bring her up, it causes heated arguments about how she's filler and useless.

Sorry @ HanAmes HanAmes

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Soon as I've started to slowly upload my works on DeviantArt, I'm starting to get some attention. Definitely one of those moments were I can get some attention as a good digital editor and have my own following there. Once I get all my support images for other characters out of the way, then it will be the right time to dump all my Daisy material there (while giving some original artists their credit).

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been on here for awhile but what did you guys think of Daisy having herCrystal Smash from Strikers be a Falcon punch like move? I'm sure they could elaborate on that for her Final Smash or something. Also having her capable of wall jumping would be sweet.

Zelda and Ike could really use wall jumping capabilities too come to think of it... And Charizard!

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I only posted that on the site because I don't really know how to convince people to support Daisy outside the board now. I'm not that artistic, and when I try to bring her up, it causes heated arguments about how she's filler and useless.

Sorry @ HanAmes HanAmes
No problemo...but I DO wish for a link to the site where you posted it at because, I'm dying to read what they say to my reasoning.

Troykv

Smash Master
I haven't been on here for awhile but what did you guys think of Daisy having herCrystal Smash from Strikers be a Falcon punch like move? I'm sure they could elaborate on that for her Final Smash or something. Also having her capable of wall jumping would be sweet.

Zelda and Ike could really use wall jumping capabilities too come to think of it... And Charizard!
Who is the most heavy character that can use wall jumping?

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Wow, heh, heh...not an ounce of decency in that thread...they literally think that michealol wrote it. Those forums are as bad as mariotheplumber, if you ask me. Dude, the ignorance is REAL, hahaha!:joyful:

Edit: I'm literally laughing right now at their stupidity and close-mindedness.
And I thought I was close-minded with the answer I gave @ ChikoLad ChikoLad , which reminds me I took a swing to the RosaLuma threads and I definitely have to raise my opinion about her, now she ties with Peach in my list, but that does not change a few things: Daisy is still no.1 in my book and i still want too see her in Smash, and how are things going with the support on the Miiverse?

Top Bottom