• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Both. But mostly under Disney now because they said so. And I don't think he's too young either, he's way over a decade old, and other characters are much younger and are in Smash.
Thing is, is that he's a third party character, and for them to get into Smash, it'd have to be "very a special case." Sora isn't nearly as iconic as Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, and Ryu. Idk about Snake (remember he was in due to Sakurai's relation with Kojima) but that's not the point. There's little incentive for him as there were the other 5 third-party characters.
While he was created by a famous Square developer, Disney pretty much has the say in terms of everything about Kingdom Hearts.

They even forced Square Enix to make Dissidia a Final Fantasy fighter since they would rather not like the idea of their characters in violent situations (hence why we will never have a Kingdom Hearts fighting game).
Strange how they did that, since there's Disney Infinity...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thing is, is that he's a third party character, and for them to get into Smash, it'd have to be "very a special case." Sora isn't nearly as iconic as Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, and Ryu. Idk about Snake (remember he was in due to Sakurai's relation with Kojima) but that's not the point. There's little incentive for him as there were the other 5 third-party characters.
Strange how they did that, since there's Disney Infinity...
I suppose, althogh this was the same person that said he'd prefer not to add characters that comes from fighting games *coughsRyucough*, but I guess until someone like Shantae or something ends up becoming playable if it happened, we'll have to see if that does mean anything now. I think it's mostly about how much does these characters made an impact on Nintendo's console's/history overall, but that's just me. Overall, I don't think Sora would happen moreso because of the legal problems than his age.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I suppose, althogh this was the same person that said he'd prefer not to add characters that comes from fighting games *coughsRyucough*, but I guess until someone like Shantae or something ends up becoming playable if it happened, we'll have to see if that does mean anything now. I think it's mostly about how much does these characters made an impact on Nintendo's console's/history overall, but that's just me. Overall, I don't think Sora would happen moreso because of the legal problems than his age.
He said that only if the fighting character overlapped or, in other words, did what other fighters in Smash already did. So Ryu is pretty unique in that regard.

I think you're right in that the licensing issues are the bigger issue. And unfortunately none of the mainline KH games made it onto Nintendo consoles...

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Wait is this the Character Discussion Thread or the Daisy support thread?

I've been thinking about Daisy as an alt costume, and now I'm actually against the idea. If Daisy was an alt, she would share exactly the same animations, victory poses and framedata with Peach. Daisy summoning Peaches in her final Smash? Get outta town!

Even Sakurai stated that if the characters have slight differences, they should have their own slot. Look at Lucina, Dr.Mario and Dark Pit. They have some moveset and animation differences.

In Mario Kart Wii, Peach and Daisy shared exactly the same animations.

In Mario Kart 8, Peach and Daisy had different animations which suited their characters better.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Wait is this the Character Discussion Thread or the Daisy support thread?

I've been thinking about Daisy as an alt costume, and now I'm actually against the idea. If Daisy was an alt, she would share exactly the same animations, victory poses and framedata with Peach. Daisy summoning Peaches in her final Smash? Get outta town!

Even Sakurai stated that if the characters have slight differences, they should have their own slot. Look at Lucina, Dr.Mario and Dark Pit. They have some moveset and animation differences.

In Mario Kart Wii, Peach and Daisy shared exactly the same animations.

In Mario Kart 8, Peach and Daisy had different animations which suited their characters better.
Good points. Also the conversation veered off but it wasn't going to stay that way for long. I think.

Daisy doesn't have the teasy, peachy (ha) personality Peach flaunts in this game. If the two were given the same animations and such it'd definitely be unsuitable for Daisy. Also...all the hearts would have to turn into daisies. And the peaches in her FS? Edible daisies? Uh.....no.

Last edited:

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
Daisy doesn't have the teasy, peachy (ha) personality Peach flaunts in this game. If the two were given the same animations and such it'd definitely be unsuitable for Daisy. Also...all the hearts would have to turn into daisies. And the peaches in her FS? Edible daisies? Uh.....no.
She uses the daisies as shurikens XD

But on the topic of final smashes, I think it would be interesting to have her fly the airplane from Super Mario Land (since that was the first game she appeared in) and shoot down her opponents, but she isn't really known for that so maybe her Mega Strike from Mario Strikers would be more appropriate.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
She uses the daisies as shurikens XD

But on the topic of final smashes, I think it would be interesting to have her fly the airplane from Super Mario Land (since that was the first game she appeared in) and shoot down her opponents, but she isn't really known for that so maybe her Mega Strike from Mario Strikers would be more appropriate.
Was thinking the Crystal Smash! Would work better for a final smash.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
If you think about it, Daisy is the only Mario character in the ballot (that makes logical sense of course) that doesn't have representation outside of trophies and such. Toad is in Peach's neutral, Wah is a an AT, Geno is not relevant (seriously he was in one mario game decades ago, sorry) and... Birdo? Really? Nin10doh has ignored her for so long she's been almost completely forgotten, and seriously Paper Mario? I don't think Sakurai will let a character have TWO clones *coughthenagainmarthcough* this is why I (sadly) think Majora Majora's Link won't make it either.

@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan That looks great. All make way to the Queen of Smash, her grace, Princess Daisy.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
It always kind of bummed me how Daisy is never used in the Mario platformers.
I mean what if she was in 3D world and was able to go on an adventure with Peach and Rosalina?
Or if in New Super Luigi U she went along with Luigi to save Peach just so she could spend more time with him? It would have been adorable!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I mean what if she was in 3D world and was able to go on an adventure with Peach and Rosalina?
Or if in New Super Luigi U she went along with Luigi to save Peach just so she could spend more time with him? It would have been adorable!
They did not want to use her for anything other than spin-offs bit with all that happened last year that was the last straw and if the small hints even count, the perhaps they are listening to us, but we'd have to wait until late 2015 or 2016 to truly find out, that's when the votes and demand in the ballot will fully kick in.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
we_re_going_on_an_adventure____dear_by_thebourgyman-d6yh2u4.jpg

D

Deleted member

I think characters like Chrom, Waluigi or Genesect are unlikely for this Smash because they're already in the game in some form. Daisy, however, is not, which means there's no conflict to introduce her as a playable character. :)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I think characters like Chrom, Waluigi or Genesect are unlikely for this Smash because they're already in the game in some form. Daisy, however, is not, which means there's no conflict to introduce her as a playable character. :)
Unless they count the Smash Tour item trophy as a "conflict" (pls no). We can have 8 Marios fighting at once!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think you should put it in spoilers. People coming to the thread might see this and think we support Daisy "cuz waifu" and whatnot.
It already happened with the Krystal supporters who are dealing with a loss at the moment, so I don't see this being any different.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What kind of loss? Is Krystal not in Star Fox Zero?
Yes and the fact that Zero itself might wind up being another reboot with the original 64 cast altogether. But we won't really know for sure unless we see another trailer of it in the future.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Yes and the fact that Zero itself might wind up being another reboot with the original 64 cast altogether. But we won't really know for sure unless we see another trailer of it in the future.
Well it's not looking good for the vixen.....

At least Daisy has recency.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Well it's not looking good for the vixen.....

At least Daisy has recency.
Daisy will always have recency as longs as there are spin-offs, I have said this countless times and i might start to sound like a broken record, but unless we get a move on that's all she'll have, let's keep it going people!

Nyuu

Smash Rookie
So, I was thinking this is how Daisy's crystal smash final smash might look.

Daisy rises into the air and forms a crystal gauntlet, like in strikers. Then she shoots it at the ground, teal crystals rising out of the ground in the form of a daisy, best seen on stages like Halberd or Smashville or something like that. It's big, and covers the entire stage. It would come out quickly too, sending those that get hit flying. Before the crystals go away, Daisy would gracefully fall to the ground and do a pose that's something like this

or maybe this

Once she does the pose, flowers pop out from behind the crystals like confetti before everything disappears and she continues fighting.

It was an idea I had. Tell me what you think of it though. I hope I explained it well enough and you can understand what I mean. I've never been the best at describing things.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Daisy rises into the air and forms a crystal gauntlet, like in strikers. Then she shoots it at the ground, teal crystals rising out of the ground in the form of a daisy, best seen on stages like Halberd or Smashville or something like that. It's big, and covers the entire stage. It would come out quickly too, sending those that get hit flying. Before the crystals go away, Daisy would gracefully fall to the ground and do a pose that's something like this

or maybe this

Once she does the pose, flowers pop out from behind the crystals like confetti before everything disappears and she continues fighting.

It was an idea I had. Tell me what you think of it though. I hope I explained it well enough and you can understand what I mean. I've never been the best at describing things.
It's a good way of describing the FS, I was personally thinking that she would simply raise her fist in the air and slam it down while shouting " Take This!".

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

or maybe this

That idea actually doesn't sound to bad at all and it totally suits the theme of these Final Smashes being over the top instead of being straight forward. I'd say that my favorite part of it would be the ending because it seems like it would make the move pretty satisfying (especially when you managed to KO three or more opponents with it).

What's more better than knocking people away with Crystal Daisies that grow out of the ground. Definitely quite the contrast from Peach's more strategic and non-violent Final Smash with peaches. Focusing on the flower aspect of her character while using her canon skills is not that bad of an idea and it makes the "original" Crystal Smash bland in comparison. Great work with the fantastic FS idea, Nyuu.

Nyuu

Smash Rookie
That idea actually doesn't sound to bad at all and it totally suits the theme of these Final Smashes being over the top instead of being straight forward. I'd say that my favorite part of it would be the ending because it seems like it would make the move pretty satisfying (especially when you managed to KO three or more opponents with it).

What's more better than knocking people away with Crystal Daisies that grow out of the ground. Definitely quite the contrast from Peach's more strategic and non-violent Final Smash with peaches. Focusing on the flower aspect of her character while using her canon skills is not that bad of an idea and it makes the "original" Crystal Smash bland in comparison. Great work with the fantastic FS idea, Nyuu.
Thank you. I tried to incorporate as much of her personality and powers as possible. I feel like Daisy would show off in her final smash, so I made her do that.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Thank you. I tried to incorporate as much of her personality and powers as possible. I feel like Daisy would show off in her final smash, so I made her do that.
While I am okay with the normal Crystal Smash! Yours is better by a long shot, now if only Sakurai could read this to get a good idea......

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Speaking of Mario sport games, out of all the sports they've played, how come they never played a game like football / rugby? I just have to beg the question...

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Speaking of Mario sport games, out of all the sports they've played, how come they never played a game like football / rugby? I just have to beg the question...
Mario Strikers Charged and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics 2016 would like to have a word with you.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Mario Strikers Charged and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics 2016 would like to have a word with you.
I've played Mario Strikers Charged, but not any of the Olympics. Strikers looks to be more of a soccer game, but I guess you can pass it off as like a football or rugby since it has those elements (do they really tackle or body check people in actual soccer???).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I think Han's means "American" football. And that's why, it's American football. I highly doubt they'll ever make that happen.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I think Han's means "American" football. And that's why, it's American football. I highly doubt they'll ever make that happen.
2016 olympics has rugby tho.
I think that's the closest we're gonna get.
I really want the dodgeball mode from Sports Mix expanded out more and made it's own game.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I really want the dodgeball mode from Sports Mix expanded out more and made it's own game.
=u= Yeah, of course in order for Japan to get "American" football, it's gotta be from England's version of American football. xD But eh, whatever, I hope that get's more fleshed out into it's own thing for once.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Was Mario Sports Mix that bare on content?

Top Bottom