• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

volbound1700

Smash Master
The Mario series is the largest series in Video Game history so I can see a large cast of characters. Some of the side characters such as Yoshi, Luigi, and Bowser are well known then most the characters from other major series in Brawl such as Fox, Samus, etc.

I give the Mario series a little lee way. If they want to add 4 more Mario characters to Smash, then so be it.

Also with regard to Toad, they can always remove the move from Peach's arsenal.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
daisy should stay as an alt costume for peach.

nothing more nothing less.

putting her in as a standalone character would be just as stupid as putting in dark link or dark pit.

maybe at most give peach daisy's voice when that costume color is selected, but as far as a full blonw character? no.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

putting her in as a standalone character would be just as stupid as putting in dark link or dark pit.

maybe at most give peach daisy's voice when that costume color is selected, but as far as a full blonw character? no.
I'm sure they could use the fact she's from an exotic kingdom such as sarasara land to make her a unique character in some way

She's wasn't MADE to be a peach clone, she was just made to be a "Bond Chick". Different chick per different game kind of thing. Mario was going to be a ladies man.

assosiaan2014

Smash Rookie
Just thought I'd throw this in there - shouldn't there be different color costumes for team play?

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
Your welcome, fellow Daisy fan. I at least made a few tweaks to include some Super Mario Land references. ;)

:phone:
yes I noticed very good job btw the up and side B were rather weak on my part, and in hindsight I really hated the up B i came up with it didn't really fit with the rest of the move set. Glad you added the references to her original game ^_^

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
Any good ideas to really get Daisy some more attention in the rat race of wanted characters?

jigglover

Smash Lord
Put her in her sports outfit in everything, it would make her seem like she has more potential for a unique move-set for those who think she will be one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I say we give her tan skin back.

Also, give her some kind of personality quirk

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Like many of you have suggested, I think Daisy would be perfect in smash in her sports outfit.

Daisy is my favourite character in MKWii. She has been in many Mario spin-offs, making her quite popular which is an advantage. Also, I really liked her new, cocky attitude she was given by Next Level Games in Mario Strikers Charged!

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
I say we give her tan skin back.

Also, give her some kind of personality quirk

I agree I miss the tan

also in strikers she was very competitive and aggressive and she's always been very rowdy compared to her mushroom kingdom counterpart

Ove

Smash Journeyman
"Hi I'm Daisy!" would make an excellent taunt in smash. Almost as annoying as Kirby's taunt from SSB64 and Melee :)

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
in the move set I made Dub the "Flower power" move set by R.O.B (see page one) I actually added that as one of her taunts seeing as that sorta became her catchphrase ^_^

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Daisy: Hi I'm Daisy! Haters gonna hate. :troll:

Anyways, I changed the picture in OP to make Daisy wear her sports outfit, fans and foes.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I miss the old Daisy!
Her voice was different too...
Hope they redesign her again!

This is the official artwork from Mario Party 3, the minigame is called Parasol Plummet

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I miss the old Daisy!
Her voice was differemt too...
Hope they redesign her again!
Ah, times change. All of Gunpei's characters were subjected to personality and appearance changes. Some of them were good (Pit, Wario), others were meh (Samus, Daisy). Perhaps they could give her an alternate look based on her classic appearance (tan, longer hair, ect.) Besides, a desert princess with a light complexion doesn't look right, but at least her current personality makes her standout more.

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
Idk. I feel that if she was like that in the picture, she'd be way too similar to Peach. The hair needs to stay short and Daisy has no need for a parasol. And since she currently resides in the Mushroom Kingdom, doesn't it make sence that her tan faded over time?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Idk. I feel that if she was like that, she'd be way too similar to Peach. The hair needs to stay short and Daisy has no need for a parasol.

Which is why it's absent from her moveset and her outfit is changed.

BTW, When since she had a parasol anyway? Mario Party?

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'm guessing it's photo-shopped, but mario party 3 was the only game she was in with the old design, so it would have to be from there - or super mario world, but if that's the case she could just escape when the breeze picks up.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm guessing it's photo-shopped, but mario party 3 was the only game she was in with the old design, so it would have to be from there - or super mario world, but if that's the case she could just escape when the breeze picks up.
Oh, I see. Because a parasol would not be needed in a blazing hot desert kingdom anyway. Probably she is whitewashed due to Miyamoto thinking that she is too dark to be Peach's counterpart/friend. I'm betting she had to bleach her face in order for it to happen. XD

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
A parasol is weird,but an UMBRELLA doesn't seem too strange for a desert princess.
I've always disliked her having that big old hoop skirt, considering her being a desert princess.

But I say ditch the umbrella or parasol keep as far away from Peach as possible ya know?

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
A parasol is weird,but an UMBRELLA doesn't seem too strange for a desert princess.
A parasol is made to protect from the sun. An umbrella is made to protect from the rain. So having an umbrella is weird in a desert kingdom, while a parasol would be more practical.

I've always disliked her having that big old hoop skirt, considering her being a desert princess.

But I say ditch the umbrella or parasol keep as far away from Peach as possible ya know?
Yeah. I totally agree. An Daisy hasn't been seen with one in soooo long, so there's no reason to bring it back. It's not her trademark, like it is Peach's

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I prefer Old Daisy's design than her new one. It actually showed that she's from the desert x__x
And she didn't look as uh....creepy o__o

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I prefer Old Daisy's design than her new one. It actually showed that she's from the desert x__x
And she didn't look as uh....creepy o__o
I so agree with the tanning. What was so creepy about the new design? Her eyes?

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I so agree with the tanning. What was so creepy about the new design? Her eyes?
Pretty much. She had big eyes all the time but geez...her eyes takes over a good 75% of her face and it seemed that her head got smaller (probably due to her having short hair but eh...)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pretty much. She had big eyes all the time but geez...her eyes takes over a good 75% of her face and it seemed that her head got smaller (probably due to her having short hair but eh...)

Daisy: So you think my eyes are too big.? You must be pretty scared, right?

I can see her creeping out the other fighters way more so than Waluigi. :troll:

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style

Daisy: So you think my eyes are too big.? You must be pretty scared, right?

I can see her creeping out the other fighters way more so than Waluigi. :troll:
Her final smash...would be her eyes zoomed in. O__o

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
A parasol is made to protect from the sun. An umbrella is made to protect from the rain. So having an umbrella is weird in a desert kingdom, while a parasol would be more practical.

OOPS sorry,umbrella looks like "Ombrelle" in french.And a parasol the size of Peach's looks like a "parapluie".;)

I could see the ice punch from Striker Charged as a special like a Falcon Punch,without as much damage and knockback,but i don't know if it would freeze or throw six projectiles.

Maybe the FS could be the punch throwing six full charged footballs bouncing around doing damage and if you're too close to Daisy you also get frozen.

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
Her final smash...would be her eyes zoomed in. O__o
xD all she needs is the kill bill rage music and the red screen

OOPS sorry,umbrella looks like "Ombrelle" in french.And a parasol the size of Peach's looks like a "parapluie".;)

I could see the ice punch from Striker Charged as a special like a Falcon Punch,without as much damage and knockback,but i don't know if it would freeze or throw six projectiles.

Maybe the FS could be the punch throwing six full charged footballs bouncing around doing damage and if you're too close to Daisy you also get frozen.
unfortunately that wasn't ice it was crystals :( but still good for a moveset ^_^

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After seeing this discussion, I've decided to change the Final Smash into it's original Mega Strike intention. It is better off that way so that people won't say "there's too many transformation/alternate form final smashes!". Besides, the Daisy fans would love it much more like this.

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
After seeing this discussion, I've decided to change the Final Smash into it's original Mega Strike intention. It is better off that way so that people won't say "there's too many transformation/alternate form final smashes!". Besides, the Daisy fans would love it much more like this.
:/ hmmm..

well that would probably have more kill potential and she has never just changed into that before and i like what you wrote ^_^ me making it a simple transformation lacked creativity

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
by the way I just noticed the picture changes sooo much better then the hoop skirt ^_^

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
by the way I just noticed the picture changes sooo much better then the hoop skirt ^_^
That's right because she is mostly seen in this type of outfit nowadays and the dress is outdated. Plus, this gives her more fighting mobility than Peach. :)

Top Bottom