• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
My brother is learning to draw and is interested in making a smash comic, so maybe we could give Daisy a completely different look. I thought it would make since if she wore arabic desert robes (i think they're robes), and not a victorian dress. Since sarasalandic wears lighter cloths, she would be more agile than Peach and Rosie. Yes, Daisy will have the same personality as she always did, energetic, cheerful, competitive, sassy, and tomboyish.

If Nintendo saw her like this, I could imagine Bowser saying, "If you try and kidnap Daisy, your going to have a bad time..."

Anyways, we're going to make other forgotten characters relevant again (at least in the comic) like King K. Rool, Mouser, Count Bleck, Lucas, Adeline and Captain Syrup.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
They could certainly make her sports themed.
Like her Trophy that's already in the game, huh?

I like this idea, this would actually help in making her a bit different from Peach, although I'm thinking it'll be like Dr Mario and she'd merely have a different outfit, such as her tennis outfit, and she'd use the Tennis Racket, Golf Club and maybe replace the Frying Pan with the Sluggers Bat.

Down B could be a Strikers Move.

Up B: Flower Parasol, its a Parasol, except it looks like a flower.

Final Smash: Daisy Petals, I guess, it would be a clone of Peach's final smash where she'd do a Petal Dance putting everybody to sleep, the only difference is maybe instead of Peaches, she'd have Fire Flowers.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My brother is learning to draw and is interested in making a smash comic, so maybe we could give Daisy a completely different look. I thought it would make since if she wore arabic desert robes (i think they're robes), and not a victorian dress. Since sarasalandic wears lighter cloths, she would be more agile than Peach and Rosie. Yes, Daisy will have the same personality as she always did, energetic, cheerful, competitive, sassy, and tomboyish.

If Nintendo saw her like this, I could imagine Bowser saying, "If you try and kidnap Daisy, your going to have a bad time..."

Anyways, we're going to make other forgotten characters relevant again (at least in the comic) like King K. Rool, Mouser, Count Bleck, Lucas, Adeline and Captain Syrup.
Sounds interesting, I'll be looking forward to the new design since it's something I feel that Nintendo could have done to begin with (despite breaking logic like they had always done with Mario to begin with). Arabic Daisy sounds like something they could do if they even plan on redesigning the character in the future (Like how our little Toad is now a captain these days).

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Creative idea, but I don't think Arabic robes sound too good on her since she has never been shown wearing them in any game and it doesn't represent her. It would be like giving Captain Falcon different clothes like metal armor instead of his racing suit, or giving any other character random new clothes.

I would prefer the Victorian dress to be honest, but your idea is still quite creative

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Spammable "Hi, I'm Daisy!" taunt.

But seriously, I fail to see how that's annoying.
Maybe because they aren't that used to hearing sporty voices in Mario. I love Toad and all, but I find his voice more annoying than Daisy personally. :troll:

People seems to dislike her voice, it's simple as that.

I personally love it.
Me too, it gives me vibes of that "girl you see every day in college". I bet half of the people who hate her haven't been around real life people like that.

#ShotsFired.

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Guys! Don't forget to talk about how you want the Daisy DLC in the Club Nintendo Surveys! I think they listen to those surveys, too.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Nintendo should take advantage of dlc especially the alt characters like Alph that could fit so well for characters that wouldn't normally make it but fit the theme so well. They're only four characters away from completing the Mario girls line up, and the missing four would be perfect as Alph-like characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nintendo should take advantage of dlc especially the alt characters like Alph that could fit so well for characters that wouldn't normally make it but fit the theme so well. They're only four characters away from completing the Mario girls line up, and the missing four would be perfect as Alph-like characters.

I can see Toadette easily working for Captain Toad and Daisy working for Peach, though I'm iffy on Birdo since she lacks a tongue unlike Yoshi and Pauline has a completely different body type than Peach.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I can see Toadette easily working for Captain Toad and Daisy working for Peach, though I'm iffy on Birdo since she lacks a tongue unlike Yoshi and Pauline has a completely different body type than Peach.
I think Pauline is better as a Rosalina clone because the mini Mario toys seem more like luma material.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think Pauline is better as a Rosalina clone because the mini Mario toys seem more like luma material.
Now that you've mentioned it, that can work since they are equally as statuesque and got that "diva beauty" vibe. The mini Mario would be perfect Luma replacements for that alt too.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wow! That would actually work. Pauline, being the non-combatant I've known her for so far, having Minis as her main defense would seem like something Sakurai would do. You know, if Pauline was playable and all.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Now that you've mentioned it, that can work since they are equally as statuesque and got that "diva beauty" vibe. The mini Mario would be perfect Luma replacements for that alt too.
Yeah, now that you mention it, Rosalina and Pauline do both seem like they have a "diva-like" appearance about them. Also, do you all think Pauline can work as her own character, or as an alt. skin of Rosalina and Luma? Normally, considering Pauline's "non-combatant" status, I probably wouldn't be able to picture it, but now that you all are giving me ideas, I can see it working for her. Hey, I'm the guy who really wanted the Koopalings for Super smash Bros., and until now, I personally didn't think it would happen. (Not that I didn't want them in, I just always thought Sakurai would be too "lazy" to add them, or that they would take up too much space on a Smash game.) Look at them now, playable characters in Smash (via alt. skins of Bowser Jr., of course.) I'm pretty much a believer for Pauline, Toadette, and the like now, so why not, right?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, now that you mention it, Rosalina and Pauline do both seem like they have a "diva-like" appearance about them. Also, do you all think Pauline can work as her own character, or as an alt. skin of Rosalina and Luma? Normally, considering Pauline's "non-combatant" status, I probably wouldn't be able to picture it, but now that you all are giving me ideas, I can see it working for her. Hey, I'm the guy who really wanted the Koopalings for Super smash Bros., and until now, I personally didn't think it would happen. (Not that I didn't want them in, I just always thought Sakurai would be too "lazy" to add them, or that they would take up too much space on a Smash game.) Look at them now, playable characters in Smash (via alt. skins of Bowser Jr., of course.) I'm pretty much a believer for Pauline, Toadette, and the like now, so why not, right?
And this is why I hope there will be more DLC than just playable characters (clones or unique fighters). DLC alts should be the next thing that Sakurai and his team should consider since there are more characters than Olimar ad Junior that could benefit from this idea. Think of it as a way to give someone more options if they would want to play as another character without having to waste a slot or have more fighters.

Peach > Daisy
Captain Toad > Toadette
Rosalina & Luma > Paulina & Mini Mario
Link > Ravio
Pikachu > Raichu
Captain Falcon > Blood Falcon (not just the colors)
Meta Knight > Galacta Knight
Marth > Seliph
Ike > Zelgius

Seems about the right options for Sakurai and the others to explore.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Great suggestions and yes I hear ya i'm also hoping for more dlc. Pauline and Daisy are definitely on my wish list. Could you list me as a supporter?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Great suggestions and yes I hear ya i'm also hoping for more dlc. Pauline and Daisy are definitely on my wish list. Could you list me as a supporter?
Sure thing, just going to take a sec and you'll officially be a servant of the Sarasaland Kingdom.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I am sorry to say this, but personally, I think Pauline as a Rosalina alt would make 0 sense at all.

Rosalina's victory theme is from Super Mario Galaxy. It would make no sense for Pauline to have it.

Also, why would the Mini Mario's float? It would make no sense.

And what would the Power Star final smash be changed into when the Pauline alt is used?

And lastly, Pauline is considered a DK rep, not a Mario rep. Her trophy has the DK symbol, not a mushroom symbol.

I know earlier I said I wanted Pauline to be a Peach alt, but I just realized that she is a DK rep and not a Mario rep, so maybe not

I personally think Birdo as a Yoshi alt would make more sense than Pauline as a Rosalina alt. Even though Birdo counts as a Mario rep and not a Yoshi rep, she moves very similarly to Yoshi and the moves would work nicely on her.

B move = There would be no tongue, since Birdo has no tongue. Instead, the hitbox collisions where the tongue would be would be invisible, and it would be like Birdo sucks them in.

Side B move = The rolling egg would have pink spots instead of green spots.

Up B move = Birdo would throw pink eggs.

Down B move = Birdo would ground-pound in the same manner as Yoshi.

Final Smash = Birdo would gain wings and shoot out fire just as Yoshi does.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
To be fair Pauline does appear in many Mario games so she's not exclusively a DK character, and she's listed under DK's icon because she originated there. I think the perfect remedy for Pauline and Birdo is the semi-clones position sort of what Ganondorf is to Captain Falcon but based on more characters than one. Since Birdo lacks a tongue and is more similar to Kirby she could be a hybrid clone between Yoshi and Kirby. I imagined Pauline's concept of controlling the mini marios a lot closer to that of Rosalina than Peach but she could also work as a hybrid and a more ground based concept of Rosalina with the minis being ground, but if minis have to float there a mini fly guys. However she could definitely pass as a Peach alternate character since both use parasols.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Dat sass doe.
Dat sass indeed. I'd figured that a dress wearing Daisy would be trophy THIS time unlike Brawl. I still have just the baseball version for now since the challenge for that was punishing, yet additive. Also, Baseball Daisy is the best item in Smash Tour since you can automatically catch any item and projectile in battle.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I agree with this thread, Birdo should be in the game as a Yoshi clone.

Also Daisy should be made a full alt.

EDITED TO ADD:

That yellow dress. That hair color. That flower based theme.

Did Lip from Pane de Pon grow up to be Daisy?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Club Nintendo survey's for Smash are out (Specifically the Post Review), so you all know what that means. It's time for us Daisy fans to stand together and tell Nintendo that the Desert Princess deserves a better role in future Smash games (whether it's an alt or her own character). You can feel free to request more than one character (especially those that you had wanted to be playable).

So strike brothers and sisters, make the fools pay for our abuse and enslavement giving Daisy minor roles for many years!

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Hey everyone! I have an idea for why Daisy hasn't even been kidnapped for a game's plot yet!

Unlike Peach, Daisy is really clever when in tight situations. Instead of waiting for someone to save her, an escape plan is thought up then executed when both the pro and antagonist least expect it.

So if this does happen with the reason why she hasn't even the least been kidnapped like :4peach:. It would be a big troll for an ending. :troll:

Creative idea, but I don't think Arabic robes sound too good on her since she has never been shown wearing them in any game and it doesn't represent her. It would be like giving Captain Falcon different clothes like metal armor instead of his racing suit, or giving any other character random new clothes.

I would prefer the Victorian dress to be honest, but your idea is still quite creative
I thought it was a good idea because:

A: She lives in a desert (that's most likely hot).
And B: Could be like Green Mario and have more agility.

(I hope it wasn't rude.:urg:)

Maybe because they aren't that used to hearing sporty voices in Mario. I love Toad and all, but I find his voice more annoying than Daisy personally. :troll:
It might not be my most favorite voice but it is more fitting than Toad's.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Club Nintendo survey's for Smash are out (Specifically the Post Review), so you all know what that means. It's time for us Daisy fans to stand together and tell Nintendo that the Desert Princess deserves a better role in future Smash games (whether it's an alt or her own character). You can feel free to request more than one character (especially those that you had wanted to be playable).

So strike brothers and sisters, make the fools pay for our abuse and enslavement giving Daisy minor roles for many years!
Website link please?

Laniv

Smash Champion
Apparently, this is official:

There's also art of Peach and Rosalina.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, now that you mention it, Rosalina and Pauline do both seem like they have a "diva-like" appearance about them.
Pauline? Totally, and it's entirely intentional.

Rosalina? Certainly not. She is the least diva like of all of the Mario girls. Her gown in particular is more akin to a night-gown - it's simple and it's not something people would wear to a fancy dress party, compared to Peach and Daisy, who have regal, Victorian dresses, and Pauline, who has a modern celebrity like dress. If Pauline represents modern times, and Peach and Daisy represent rich monarchy, Rosalina represents modesty.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Apparently, this is official:

There's also art of Peach and Rosalina.

I wouldn't be surprised if these were meant to advertise a new volume of that Mario manga. Other than that, I don't see how something like this would exist. :laugh:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if these were meant to advertise a new volume of that Mario manga. Other than that, I don't see how something like this would exist. :laugh:
Super Mario Kun? The art style is radically different.

Those artworks are... Specials. Super Princess Peach 2 incoming, multiplayer game? :awesome:

Top Bottom