• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Crew Battle Thread

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
Ya know, while we're at it, what ever happened to the school crew battle we kept talking about?

UTSA vs SAC never happened.

But if both sides are going to have their best play (i.e. people like Smiles or Ben) then the allowed people should be extended to all of San Antonio, West vs East.

West having UTSA and Vista, with East having SAC and Converse. I don't know where St Phillips falls, but I also don't know if Betty gives a flip>.>

Ya know, I miss the days when San Antonio crews were a little more organized. When we had Bluefork, SAK, Converse, The Void, Ugly's Crew, and the colleges. Made it a little easier, but now with SOS moving and SAK more or less disbanded since Coach, Jose, Betty, and Ben all say they've stopped playing, maybe this is a chance to redistrict San Antonio a little.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Crew BlueFork will win the day!!!!

me, forkgirl, and Carlie

Let's have a SA crew tournament at or around the time of Joe Michael's tournament. 12 stock to be shared by 3+ people, $12 for each crew, to the winner go the spoils.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey If I got a crew together would the SA crew play us? (For example maybe like me,my brother,ARc,JF,someone else lol but those are just examples not the actual crew >_>) At HOST2 I mean.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Haha The pflugerville crew is what? Me? Hylian,Popethatpwns,Uglywombat? We need more people lol. but Yeah I guess if you want to be. Then who would be on the SA crew? lol.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
You can join BlueFork if you want. Carlie will show you the ropes with Peach.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lmao. Whatever happened to the converse crew?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
They have a total of 2 people.

Austin should get in on this. We could form like, 3 or 4 different crews at least. :p

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I think they're trying to form crews, then see which is the best crew of San Antonio, including Austin would kind of defeat the purpose.

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
I'm sad that I've never been part of an SA crew, and am still not, even though I have full rights to the city. ='(
Have you forgotten you were a honorary member SAK after going 1-2 against S.O.S. at the Christmas Lock in tourney? You're like the Batman of the Justice League. Austin's like Gotham ya know? San Antonio is the pimped out tower of justice>.>

k9999-izzle

Smash Rookie
hey me and a few friends are looking to play ppl out of our circle, where do you guys play at, is fighters edge still open?

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
We both live in 210, both off of culebra near 1604 so wheredo u guys play at ?
****! That's like a 20-30 minute drive for me! I'd much rather meet up in the middle somewhere, like at Noel's place or... idk, maybe y'all can meet up with us. Sometimes we play Smash at SAC if you guys are interested in coming in on those days.

k9999-izzle

Smash Rookie
Yah I go to Vista, my friends don't. I'm willing to meet to play and learn, we're still noobs tho

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
k9999, come to the commons tommorow near the stair case. I always have my cube. If I can wrestle control of one of the tvs, then we can put in smash, if it's not already up.

Just ask for Kyle. Everyone there knows me. I'll be in class 9:30 am to 10:45 and 12:30 to 1:45 pm.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
lol. Ben I love how you just invite yourself and some random person Noel doesn't know to his house. I'm the only person that can do that!!! (and he doesn't like it either, well if you come and he doesn't know you're bringing people he doest know... I speak from experience.)

But all in all... Noel's house is the only place i play smash anymore.

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
I want to be in kyle's crew :p
Why would I say no? Your Captain Falcon is like better than Gary's and Gary has been playing since the beginning (I don't even know where he's been, I haven't heard from him since Super Sophia)

So I guess since I may as well form my own crew, that gives me GreyFox, JuJ, and AndyChrist. Not bad, though I dunno what GreyFox can still do for a main. Sorry, but I won't let you go straight up Zelda for a crew battle. You're not Taj's Mewtwo or something.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Dude, I'll play straight up Zelda any day. Zelda may sux balls, but it's not like she sux balls or anything.

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I'll play straight up Zelda any day. Zelda may sux balls, but it's not like she sux balls or anything.
She's low tier because of her predictable and difficult recovery (you don't sweet spot, you die so easily, and when you're edgehogged, you more open then almost any other character.) She has only 2 ways to aproach, the obvious fair/bair spam or a pretty good dash attack. Her projectile kills her up B, making it impossible to defend on the way back with, not to mention it's very slow, the reflector is so laggy i can just trianlge jump through my own projectile and grab. Did I mention she's light weight and has like the wimpiest spike in the game?

She's low tier because she has so few viable options, and too many unviable ones.

Andychrist

Smash Rookie
Seriously though, we need to get GreyFox on a better character....not necessarily a high/top tier, just someone better. I hear he wants to play Link now, I'd be okay with that. As for me, I will be playing C. Falcon no doubt, but I would also like to mix in some Falco and Gannondorf. Who is JuJ playing??

k9999-izzle

Smash Rookie
OK I went to play with you guys I didn't introduce myself
sry bout that

I played in 2 melee matches, and watched a 1v1 match
how often do u guys play melee there?

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
So umm, about the crews. What crews are left? I'd like to make a new one. Anybody down? DV8 wants to start a crew also, possibly. I live like 2 minutes from UTSA, but I never have anybody to play.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
She's low tier because of her predictable and difficult recovery (you don't sweet spot, you die so easily, and when you're edgehogged, you more open then almost any other character.) She has only 2 ways to aproach, the obvious fair/bair spam or a pretty good dash attack. Her projectile kills her up B, making it impossible to defend on the way back with, not to mention it's very slow, the reflector is so laggy i can just trianlge jump through my own projectile and grab. Did I mention she's light weight and has like the wimpiest spike in the game?

She's low tier because she has so few viable options, and too many unviable ones.
So then what does that say about you getting 3 stocked by my Zelda? :chuckle:

Top Bottom