• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
doesnt matter to me. regular brawl will always be the standard. any modifications will never take hold

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
lol, those are all things im actually planning on :p

(specifically, Power-Wave-Ice-Plasma beam via Side Special. Missles moved to Fsmash, with charge effecting amount of missles shot (upto 5)) The beam choice effects how you play essentially, with it not only effecting your Charge Shot, but moves like Fair that use somethign from the gun to attack.

You can walk and jump while shooting/charging, as well as tilt up or down slightly to aim. The time to fully charge is 1/2'ed, but you cannot "store" the shot anymore (may actually create balance issues with her new ranged capabilities I'm giving her). To use a charge combo, press A after building a full charge then just let go (or hold B for the Wavebuster and Flamethrower)

Morph ball actually transforms Samus into a mini-set that you need to do Down B again to switch out of. While in morph ball, you can use Boost Ball (side, n and uspec...think Sonic), place morph ball and power bombs (A and Smash A), and use Spider ball to latch onto edges and enemies (for a time...no stalling under FD)

..thoughts? :p
If you're making it in a form that I could use on my SD card I would use it (.pac? etc?)

I just hope you know the limitations of PSA first. And I hope you're good at Hexing

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I don't really care for an improved Samus much when you can't even use those improvements against others.

Xyro77

I don't really care for an improved Samus much when you can't even use those improvements against others.
correct! play brawl as it is.

I'm the best Brawl+ samus player I know.

Yeah. yeah yeah yeah
congrats on being good at ****ty version of brawl no one plays. its like being the worlds best player in clay fighter for the SNES.....who cares?

I'm the best Brawl+ samus player I know.

Yeah. yeah yeah yeah

..............................................................Get out.

Seriously though, I'd actually like to just see what sort of stuff Samus could do as a decent character.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
correct! play brawl as it is.

congrats on being good at ****ty version of brawl no one plays. its like being the worlds best player in clay fighter for the SNES.....who cares?
Hahaha, I remember Clay Fighter. That game was so horrible:laugh: Reminds me of the good ole days when people would rent games. Also, there was another game with moving balls of clay and such. I can't remember the name right now.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord

i think that is why i said Yeah four times

because Yeah, you care!

Xyro77

..............................................................Get out.

Seriously though, I'd actually like to just see what sort of stuff Samus could do as a decent character.
go play melee samus. **** good character

Hahaha, I remember Clay Fighter. That game was so horrible:laugh: Reminds me of the good ole days when people would rent games. Also, there was another game with moving balls of clay and such. I can't remember the name right now.
dude, renting video games was the **** when i was little. i remembe renting ninja turtles in time/mega man x and mega man x3/ clay fighters/claymates/joe & mac(****ing epic)

i kinda miss those days

i think that is why i said Yeah four times

because Yeah, you care!
i re-read it and got it. i apologize.

SIDE NOTE: in the past week or so, ive tried to 2nd rob and let me tell ya.....HORRIBLE. It seems that no matter who i pick up its boring and not fun at all. Im sooo sick of samus. YARGH!

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord

dude, renting video games was the **** when i was little. i remembe renting ninja turtles in time/mega man x and mega man x3/ clay fighters/claymates/joe & mac(****ing epic)
Thank you! That's what it was called. I couldn't remember and it was starting to get to me. That game was d*** hard. Never beat it.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman

i kinda miss those days

i re-read it and got it. i apologize.

SIDE NOTE: in the past week or so, ive tried to 2nd rob and let me tell ya.....HORRIBLE. It seems that no matter who i pick up its boring and not fun at all. Im sooo sick of samus. YARGH!

have you tried zelda?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Don't worry about it xyro. I respect ya a lot cuz you know, I don't actually do anything to the Samus/Brawl/anything metagame, so I just post whatever jank yeah

Xyro77

This sat is HOBO 21. Im gonna ledge stall as hard as possible and see where it takes me. However, metaknight is legal so i may not go far. Good news is that there is low tier teams, FREE CASH!!!!

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I think samus in melee is better than brawl samus. Sure she doesn't get her zair, but her nair and missile cancelling was faster (along with practically everything else). I tried playing melee again... I couldn't missile cancel correctly, couldn't wavedash consistently, did zair which doesn't do anything, and acted like there was infinite airdodges. So hard to go back. Also, I loved melee Samus' extendor, haha It was completely useless. Whenever I sandbagged, I would yell "EXTENDOR" and just start messin with it :D

i think samus is in brawl is better than samus in melee...

sure she was stronger but she also harder to play with.
It doesnt matter how hard she was to play (which in comparison to characters like fox and falco, was pretty easy tbh), she was still better. Sure Samus has zair and a better dair now, but melee Samus was a monster. She could KO, had a superb recovery, better projectiles and stronger aerials.

Despite this, I still prefer her in brawl. I don't know why, but she's just much funner to play. I do however, prefer certain characters in melee like Marth and Jiggs

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Alright, Samus boards. I watched a few videos of myself playing, and it's making me consider coming out of "retirement." Give me some good reasons as to why I should pick up this game [and by extension, Samus] again after a four month hiatus.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Alright, Samus boards. I watched a few videos of myself playing, and it's making me consider coming out of "retirement." Give me some good reasons as to why I should pick up this game [and by extension, Samus] again after a four month hiatus.
in order to convince you to come back we would need to know why you quit in the first place...

so if you dont mind, why did you retire?

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Because I got bored with Brawl and ultimately stopped playing it.
hmmmmm.........

well although you might have gotten tired of the game you never got tired of the culture...

i mean you never left the forums...

so the way i see it you never retired you just took a break....

and as to why samus...

well thats up to you.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I hate DDD. He's so annoying. I got sandbagged badly be a D3. I'm not too angry though, cause it's tough as snake and samus. It's practically impossible to kill him. He just eats too much dmg. I need that spike.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
@ Serris. Because you are cool and play Samus.

@ DarkShadow. Xyro would tell you to hog the edge. I would tell you to play Sheik. Whatever.

ahahahahaha, playing sheik

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Completely unrelated to what you guys are talking about, I would like to mention that I decided tomorrow, completely spontaneously, that I would attend a tournament in Tulsa. The Last Throw Down is what it is called I believe. Hopefully I'll be able to get my brother my videos of my previous tournament so he can post them for everyone to see. Maybe I will also get videos of this one.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I play Sheik. And a sick Sheik at that.

@DS: My personal solution actually is to use Sheik in that MU... because she's my secondary. But if you want to use Samus, it's a winnable MU if they choose not to infinite you.

This is how you play the D3 MU with Samus in a nut shell.
Step 1) Camp your *** off. Alternate between z-airs and missiles. Rather than follos missile cancels with dash attack/grab/u-smash, you should be using sh u-air. Because it hits him. And if you whiff, you don't get grabbed. You deal safe damage this entire time.

Step 2) If he starts getting predictable with falling b-airs or inhales, try pivot grabbing him. From there, u-throw and you can normally deal a good +15% damage in juggling. I'm assuming you'd be good at reading air dodges and baits of course. But only do this if you're confident enough. If you whiff, you just gave away a good 30% free damage from CGs.

Step 3) Eventually, your missiles/juggling will knock him off stage. Take away his jumps with edge-hogging/z-air and missiles. Don't bother trying to spike unless he's close enough to spike immediately from the stage. This gives you a free charge shot hit/f-smash/d-tilt. F-smash is by far your best kill move in this MU. Use d-tilt if you know f-smash won't kill (keeps f-smash fresh, does/has more damage and juggling potential.) The only safe way to land these is to force D3's up+b.

Special Note) If D3 chooses not to infinite you... I'd say ratio is 60-40 his favor. Winnable, but he still ha\s a major advantage. He's certainly killable though. Also know what to do when he does CG you. After the second CG, it'll be too stale for him to land CG all the time. So he will try to chase and predict. If you spot dodge, nothing stops him from dash->shield grab. So alternate between jabbing and spot dodging. Hell, you can roll towards him to avoid the next CG. Just don't make this too predictable: spot dodges and rolls are punished hard by d-smash.

If he's sandbagging you, kick his *** to make him get serious.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
sandbagging=purposefully not playing at your best

johning= complaining that you're not playing at your best

the two go hand in hand sometimes, and then people will sandbag and say the matches don't count, and then people will john even though they truly tried their best

brawl has attracted many wusses and ******* these days

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Question has anyone played Metriod Prime 3: Corruption?

Btw, I <3 Smaus and her games. I don't play her though. :)
Yes I have, and a certain someone here still owes me credits. Serris >_>
Because Samus is still as sexy after a hiatus as ever.
I hate DDD. He's so annoying. I got sandbagged badly be a D3. I'm not too angry though, cause it's tough as snake and samus. It's practically impossible to kill him. He just eats too much dmg. I need that spike.
If by tough you mean not that bad, then yes, it is tough, but I'd say Snake is 'tough'er.

And well said, NOID.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
sandbagging=purposefully not playing at your best

johning= complaining that you're not playing at your best

the two go hand in hand sometimes, and then people will sandbag and say the matches don't count, and then people will john even though they truly tried their best

brawl has attracted many wusses and ******* these days
AHAAAAAAAA!
okay well thanks and yes your right, i hate the ******* especially the ones that start playing with MK just because he's the top tier

Xyro77

Spam and get a percent lead and then prceed to ledge stall. DDD has no answer to it.

Top Bottom