• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I had a dream last night that Roy was confirmed for Brawl, however, the update did not mention Roy he just was in some of the screenshots. Weird. Well, anyway, I am almost done with this semester (just today and tomorrow). On Friday, I am going to sort through this topic to gather all the ideas that we suggested regarding Roy. Hopefully it will convince some other people who visit this board that Roy can be de-cloned and that he would even have a excellent moveset.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I had a dream last night that Roy was confirmed for Brawl, however, the update did not mention Roy he just was in some of the screenshots. Weird. Well, anyway, I am almost done with this semester (just today and tomorrow). On Friday, I am going to sort through this topic to gather all the ideas that we suggested regarding Roy. Hopefully it will convince some other people who visit this board that Roy can be de-cloned and that he would even have a excellent moveset.
Heh, was his Brawl design... awesome?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Heh, was his Brawl design... awesome?
I don't really remember. I think he was fighting on some sort of Metroid-stage in one screenshot, and in another he was fighting on Hyrule Temple. Well, his hair looked more true his FE6 incarnation (I am not talking about the official artwork, I am talking about the picture of the characters that pop-up when there is a conversation). Other than that, he looked like he had a slight graphical increase (less jaggies etc.).

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I don't really remember. I think he was fighting on some sort of Metroid-stage in one screenshot, and in another he was fighting on Hyrule Temple. Well, his hair looked more true his FE6 incarnation (I am not talking about the official artwork, I am talking about the picture of the characters that pop-up when there is a conversation). Other than that, he looked like he had a slight graphical increase (less jaggies etc.).
Sounds good, I don't know why, but I think I have some sort of idea how Roy would look like in Brawl as PC.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
roy looks cooler in his game than in melee though just because his hair is less spiked also becaus wen he crits his sword turns into flames and for some reasone i feel roy is gonna come but dont put ur hopes on just that feeling hehe thank god marth is also blue haired and roy chances got super boosted

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
In the first post I love the "Well I say "hiyaaaah!!"" part. XD Though I imagined Roy's taunt, instead of his UP+B warcry. :p (kinda like giving everyone the finger).

Maybe Marth and Roy should split the moveset to become characters different from Ike... like say...

They both share their UP+Bs, except Marth's is more vertical, and Roy's more horizontal.

Side B: Marth keeps this, while Roy gets something else (a different weapon attack maybe?)

Neutral B: Roy keeps this (maybe even upgraded), Marth gets something else for a shield breaker

Down B: Remain exactly like they were in Melee. Roy gets less lag.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To all the people that did not vote for me yet, please be sure to vote for me in the Most Intelligent category in the Forum Awards. The nomination voting ends in less than six hours so I just wanted to get that out there.

Here is a link:
http://smashboards.com/nominationbooth.php

Remember my name is ChronoBound (the b in the name does need to be capitalized).

Hopefully, I get nominated.... Still nobody has answered my question on how many votes it takes to be nominated.

courte

Smash Lord
oddest though i loved the latest posted moveset, although im in an amount of pain and find myself to lazy to click twiceback two pages and find out from who. The point of the smash attacks is well to smash, and while i loved the concept of the smashes being flaming versions of the tilts, there seems to be no negative side effect?? would he have a specific charging stance?? i would only hope so,; would it be during that pose that the sword catches fire?? or would there be no difference in startup and ending lag, as with the tilts?? Would he hit any harder or would the flames provide the bonus damage and impact?/

i know your list is only speculated but i would like to hear your ideas

P.E

Smash Apprentice
Why not replacing Roy by his father Eliwood? Same moveset of course. That would be awesome.

courte

Smash Lord
same new different moveset you mean?? roy was considered a clone in melee, so while we're happy to see either of them in brawl, taking into account that this time around their respective games have been released, we would like to see them done justice, done different, and done well...

exception is marthgreil.. he wants them to weild lances exclusively, although that's what ephraim's for --lol

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To all the people that did not vote for me yet, please be sure to vote for me in the Most Intelligent category in the Forum Awards. The nomination voting ends in less than four hours so I just wanted to get that out there.

Here is a link:
http://smashboards.com/nominationbooth.php

Remember my name is ChronoBound (the b in the name does need to be capitalized).

Apparently, I must be within the Top 4 most requested judging from how that was the most for that category in past years. I don't think I will be nominated, but every vote counts.

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
I love Roy, my most used character in Melee.

It'd be awesome if Roy is in SSBB, but i can live with just Marth.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
Roy is awesome. He is my main, and i totally support him being in Brawl. He would bring balance to the Fire Emblem characters. As ChronoBound said, Ike is the super-powerful-slow guy. Marth (he is definently returning) Is the Fast-Girly person. Roy Brings Balance to the Force er... teh Fire Emblem people in Brawl at least. a lot of people like roy, so it would be a bad move 4 sakura to not put him in. ROY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND SHOULD BE IN BRAWLZ

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
oddest though i loved the latest posted moveset, although im in an amount of pain and find myself to lazy to click twiceback two pages and find out from who. The point of the smash attacks is well to smash, and while i loved the concept of the smashes being flaming versions of the tilts, there seems to be no negative side effect?? would he have a specific charging stance?? i would only hope so,; would it be during that pose that the sword catches fire?? or would there be no difference in startup and ending lag, as with the tilts?? Would he hit any harder or would the flames provide the bonus damage and impact?/

i know your list is only speculated but i would like to hear your ideas
Obviously it will be stronger at the cost of longer start up/cool down times. Thats the basis of every smash attack out there. Figured I didn't have to explain that. As for damage, I'm completely lost on that part. I've never been good at fairly judging that kind of thing.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Today is my last day of college this semester. After today, I will begin the overhaul of this topic. I will also be recruiting some more Knights of Elibe.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What's a knight of Elibe?
The Knights of Elibe are an organization of Roy fans who wish for his return to Brawl. I usually send out Personal Messages to people who I think would be worthy members. Unfortunately, I do not have the time right now to send out some new invitations. However, tomorrow I will be able to do it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, I am now done with this semester. You can look foward tomorrow to the new updated Opening Post with all the ideas and moves we suggested for Roy, as well as a list of the Knights of Elibe.

moj4991

Smash Cadet
Uh... how could he be a combination when they had the same attacks as one another? Also, Ike shares one or two moves with Marth and Roy and nothing past that.
Which knida sucks because without counter i am broken, and the dancing/double edged sword is like the most important move for recovering

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Which knida sucks because without counter i am broken, and the dancing/double edged sword is like the most important move for recovering
Ike does have counter, although I'm fairly sure he didn't get the DED. I can't remember what other moves that he had that were similar. It would take a lot to help Ike's recovery anyway.

moj4991

Smash Cadet
Ike does have counter, although I'm fairly sure he didn't get the DED. I can't remember what other moves that he had that were similar. It would take a lot to help Ike's recovery anyway.
Thank god for the counter but how is ike going to recover with aether, a move worse than captain falcon's recovery

courte

Smash Lord
as a character alone, ike does have very much different then marth and roy--past the obvious not a lord difference. He is not an average swordsman and much more of a brute by fire emblem and sword fighter standards. As a PC, videos have shown us... he is... slow. Beyond roy's definition.

courte

Smash Lord
Roy is practically gone
and your resource for this are, comrade?? oh wait that's speculation--please head to the mourning and complaint threads unless you have some role in the game developement

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I updated the opening post with all of our ideas regarding movesets, Final Smashes, and a list of the Knights of Elibe. However, I would would like some suggestions on how to pretty it up, and make it look nicer. However, it is a massive improvement over what it used to be. I really thank each and every one of the Knights of Elibe for their hard work and dedication into making this thread what it is.

courte

Smash Lord
a. we need a black pants red shirt mario
b. anyone else notice just about zero support for kraid?? wouldn't that be the upset win. sakurai: "ok who is no one expecting?? well no one seems to give to bones about kraid... he will be the last unlockable!!"

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
a. we need a black pants red shirt mario
b. anyone else notice just about zero support for kraid?? wouldn't that be the upset win. sakurai: "ok who is no one expecting?? well no one seems to give to bones about kraid... he will be the last unlockable!!"
Um, what are you talking about?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Heh.

Now i'm wondering, what kind of role would the other FE characters that can get in (Marth, Sigurd, Roy, etc) would have?

Maybe some kind of alliance with Ike or something?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Heh.

Now i'm wondering, what kind of role would the other FE characters that can get in (Marth, Sigurd, Roy, etc) would have?

Maybe some kind of alliance with Ike or something?
Are you talking about the Subspace Emissary?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yup. What else could it be anyways? D:

My thought is that Ike decides where to go, and depending where you go, you meet certain character.
Yeah, a fight were Marth, Ike, and Roy/Eliwood/Sigurd all team up to take down Medeus would be awesome. I also think there would be a one-on-one fight with Ike and the Black Knight.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Yeah, a fight were Marth, Ike, and Roy/Eliwood/Sigurd all team up to take down Medeus would be awesome. I also think there would be a one-on-one fight with Ike and the Black Knight.
That is kind of cool, but I think i'd say this:

Marth vs. Medeus
Sigurd vs. Alvin
Roy vs. Zephiel
Ike vs. Black Knight

There, I said it.

Top Bottom